Owen, C-3P0 and R2-D2.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
in ep.4, obviously owen doesnt recognize c3po as he buys him from the jawas. ever wonder why that is? r2 i can understand, but 3po? why didnt he recognize him, especially after he talked to him?

finti
guess there is many protocol units around

Rogue Jedi
but that whiny voice would be pretty hard to forget, wouldnt it?

ToMacco
It's a hole in the story that Lucas didn't think about. At least, not until die hard fans pointed it out to him.

Rogue Jedi
like us, huh?

Lyn
I wondered about that after I saw Ep2...I think it is a bit of a hole, not that I like to say that. I can understand C-3PO not remembering Owen because the droids memories will probably be erased in Ep3 or whatever but Owen not remembering Threepio...??
Die hard fans... wink

justinday15
well when he was with owen in episode 2, he had the gray coverings on, but in episode 4 he had gold on, so maybe he didnt remember him. or maybe he did remember him, but he just didnt want to tell luke.

Baylin
There's quite a few years between Ep 2 and 4, and there must be loads of C3 series droids about the galaxy and lets face it there isn't anything obviously different about 3P0 than any other C3 droid so maybe it just didn't occur to him that it would be the same one.

Rogue Jedi
but that voice, that whiny voice...it is worse than talking to fran drescher.

finti
no nothing is worse than that, or perhaps that dude from Police acadamy Bobcat something

Lyn
laughing He does have a rather annoying voice doesn't he??
And Owen was a little reluctant to let Luke become what he was always meant to...

Captain REX
Yeah, so even if Owen recognized the droids, he wasn't going to tell Luke.

Lyn
Exactly happy

yerssot
they placed luke there to protect him; you think owen woul scream and yell "that's the droid your father made!!!" after making up an entire story about navigating spacefrighters...
he DID plan to erase their memories so there wouldn't be any trouble with the droids

Baylin
Good point!

yerssot
game and set?

Rogue Jedi
pretty much....

yerssot
Yerssot Wins
Flawless Victory
Animality
big grin

Rogue Jedi
i cant believe i started this stupid thread....

yerssot
oh believe me ... you did big grin

Rogue Jedi
dammit, yerss...you are right....what was i thinking? wacko huh blink

Lyn
There's nothing wrong with your thread RJ, as I said I always wondered the same thing. Then again, that may not have been the most comforting thought...I am a little strange happy

Aniica Woodland
You aren't strange..... just different..... big grinwink Happy Dance

Lyn
Thanx Aniica thumb up
I like your Avatar happy stick out tongue

Corran
I'm going with a mix of there being so many different protocol droids and the fact that his coverings changed to newer gold ones after leaving Tattooine. the lack of voice recognition could be to do with 20 years apart or it could have been a standard voice synthesizer that many droids have.

Lyn
Sounds the most likely to me. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.