Agent Smith=DEATH

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

scifigunslinger
In M:R they talk about werewolves and vampires etc., but what if Smith was the Grim Reaper. He wears black and is the physical form of EVILLL.

Alias Neo
If smith was the Grim Reaper, wouldn't he have a sythe?

Ikobe
He's not evil though. I didn't think a program could be good or evil... seing as good and evil are humans perceptions beyond the range of AI. How can AI know what good and evil is (unless you're imagining them to be like Blanka in Street Fighter the Movie, with the good-stuff-bad-stuff-image-machine-thingy)?

~AI

Ushgarak
If a programme can be sentient it can be good or evil as much as a human can be.

Ikobe
I s'pose. But still... what is good and evil? How do you define what is good and what is evil?

~AI

Alias Neo
examples:

if u die saving some else u are good

you are bad if you walk into a building with a sword and kill every single person.

i do not recomend doing those

scifigunslinger
Agent Smith is free now, so doesn't that mean he is not a program anymore?

Ikobe
But... who are the people in the building? Neo and Trinity kill all those security guards, you could say *they* were evil. The Agents are trying to keep the Matrix peaceful, providing a lawful service. The machines are simply getting revenge for the humans' actions... good or evil? That is a choice I leave to you.

~AI

Kes
He's a rogue program now.

Stovenutts
u cant say hes the grim reaper cuz he wears black. everyone does it seems in those movies

The Omega

nickjs21
well there isn't a philosophy section anymore, omega . . . i'm game.

omega has a good point. death isn't immoral.

and anyway, i always thought smith's suit (at least in m1) was brown.

nickjs21
btw, ikobe, revenge is still considered evil.

Ushgarak
As is slavery. Two wrongs don't make a right and the Machines are fighting for an evil concept, whilst the humans are fighting for freedom, which is a good concept in such a clear-cut case.

Anyway, regardless of the definitions of good and evil, sentient creatures are equally capable of either, machine or human.

The Omega
Nickjs21> Starting the thread "Good and Evil in the Matrix". smile

nickjs21
thumbs up.

Matrixrabbit62
There is a big doubt of who and what is evil in this Matrix world.You could say that Agents take over peoples minds and make them think that people like Neo,Trin,Morpheous and all rebels in Zion are evil and need to be killed so there. "Were you listening to me Neo or were you looking at the lady in the red dress, well look again" (Morpheous)

Ikobe
Yeah, the Agents are doing their job which is to preserve the sanity and safety of The Matrix. They are, in a way, its carers.

nickjs21
even if they are working to preserve and care for something . . . if the institution they are caring for is wrong, then there is no good in what they do.

The Omega

nickjs21
i agree, but hitler's SS did the same thing, as did the communist regime in russia. still doesn't make it right.

The Omega
Nickjs21> As I said in the OTHER thread... smile
Murder will always be wrong by definition. But the reasons may be understandable, acceptable and ok. It sounds like a paradox, but I think you know what I mean?

nickjs21
yes. and i agree, this thread is starting to sound like the other.

agent smith does not equal death. IMO.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.