Morpheus...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ikobe
What's his role going to be in M3?

His ship's in flames, the thing that's been his driving force for the majority of his life turns out to be a lie, he was nearly assimilated by Smith... poor boy's a wreck, so what's he going to be now? Neo's out-done him, so he can't play the mentor/father figure any more... ?

~AI

Alias Neo
poor old morpheus

plus he lost niobe

Sifer
I have a feeling that he is going to get Niobe back smile Actually, its a high possibility.

nickjs21
i'd say it's the one sure thing we can count on for m3, sifer.

well, after what ikobe points out . . . i would say he'd then sacrifice himself to save neo at some point (y'know, to give himself some purpose), but neo hardly needs the help now, does he?

he'll just be a regular freedom fighter now, just like the rest of them. i'm sure all the others will still look up to him like they appeared to in zion. plus, ship or no ship, the captain still gives the orders.

Ikobe
Hmm... I love that line in the Meeting scene..

"God damn, Morpheus, you ain' evah gonna change! I'ma do it jus' ta see wha' Lock does ta ya, foo'."

It's like a young hip, machine-fighting Mr. T... ah, I loved that show, d'you remember it? Mr. T had his own animated series... at the end they had a real-life bit where Mr. T would discuss the moral of today's story with these little kids... how I yearned to be one of them... foo'.

~AI

rysdigital
morpheus is much wiser than neo is, you can tell a couple of times during reloaded.

"no, what happened happened and couldn't have happened any other way"

Sifer
He isn't wiser.

"What if we didn't do something"

What I reckon is they DIDN'T do something - see the bearded guy, there is a good probability that they were meant to meet him. But they missed the"exact" time.

Not to mention that every answer that has been poised at Neo has been answered correctly.

Ikobe
I think the whole 'being the One' thing... sorta makes him uber-wise in the ways of the Matrix. An anomaly with omniscient Matrix knowledge is teh scary thing.

~AI

rysdigital
uhm, i recommend u watch it again. they came at the right moment, because the merovingian showed them his trick with the desert (cake), pissing persephone off.

couple of minutes later, in the elevator. 'we are still alive.' -> they see persephone, who leads them to the keymaker (the person they came for, not some meaningless bearded guy we know nothing about)

trust me on this, that bearded guy means nothing, it's just some punk that wouldn't pay his restaurant bill.

if neo is so wise, why does he ask morpheus all these things anyway smile morpheus is definately the leader of our pack of three heroes (and the whole rebellion basically), it's being emphasized throughout both movies.

Alias Neo
In the revolutions prewview at the end of ETM it shows Niobe and ghost in the matrix

nickjs21
i think sifer meant "get her back" in the romantic sense, aliasneo.

Alias Neo
oh confused , sorry

Furius
i think he'll finally land that move where he jumps dead high in the air and tries to pummel his opponent with a killer blow that he tries against neo in the dojo and against the agent on top of the lorry. its about time he landed it.

Ikobe
Haha! Too right!

Notice he takes up his 'mythical' role a lot in Reloaded... in the line, for instance, Goodnight, Zion, sweet dreams - Morpheus was the god of dreams, and notice how Hamann says that Zion is peaceful.

~AI

Metroplex
laughing out loud hahahah.

Well he is still the leader of the crew so he must be leading and directing them in Revolutions.

Ikobe
Pity he hasn't got a ship, innit.

Ushgarak
Yup...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.