X-Men Comic Books

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Harry X Freak64
Hii!!! im a big fan of the x-men movies and i really wanted to get into readin the comic books. i only have Phoenix Rising but i would like to get ur opinions...which comic books did you like the best? really anything will be helpful! thanks!-jean

DemonicGambit
Um, my favorite X-titles are:

X-Treme X-Men
X-Men

badkittykitty
x-men (1991-2001) was the best to me,then of coarse uncanny x-men and ultimate x-men.getting back crossovers might be tricky because afew spaned all the x-books and I know the Age Of Apocalypse story did this and last like 3 months! but if you can find them it's worth the read!

DemonicGambit
I wasn't happy with AOA Only cause it was so different then regular storyline, and then right after was the thing with Gambit.

tokyo_goddess
If your a fan of Wolverine, get Origin...it tells of his past...it's really good and informative.

DemonicGambit
Oh yeah I forgot about that! Origin was kick-@$$

tokyo_goddess
I've only read the first one...I have it...mint condition...I've ordered the rest...but I've yet to get it...I can't wait anymore!

DemonicGambit
lol

Um, lets see another good one. In my opinion Uncanny the first issues and stuff

tokyo_goddess
Like I said in another post, Uncanny was good, but when the drawing style changed drastically...and when the Giant near me stopped selling them...I quit reading it.

DemonicGambit
I know how that is, I've nearly cleaned out the old man who sells...alias I might have to find a new source.... Or I could just use the internet

tokyo_goddess
My friend's mom collects comic books and has raised her sons to do the same, she has the very original X-men comic still in the plastic...she's letting me read the original X-men comics? XD

DemonicGambit
Lucky....

tokyo_goddess
not really...there so many rules repeated to me...as if I have the attention span of a gold fish...-.-...

DemonicGambit
lol poor tokyo goddess, I wouldn't like it either if they talked down to me

tokyo_goddess
Where did you see Origin?

if you own it...how much did you pay? I think I payed to much.

DemonicGambit
I saw it at BaldonBook store, I payed 20something

tokyo_goddess
O.O....man...I went to Geppi's...I payed 45 bucks! :angry:

DemonicGambit
condemner! wow, you got ripped off

tokyo_goddess
I realise that...but wait...i know a website that's selling it for 89.00

I was so close to buying THAT!

Kes
blink

verauko
Well, I've never read X-men comic, I saw only short parts, which I found in the internet, that's all

DemonicGambit
I love comics, but I got that from my father

Harry X Freak64
Thanks everyone! i appreciate it... i went to the beach today and read almost the entire thing of phoenix rising...i like it but i cant wait to start reading the other ones. prolly wont b able to put them down! thanks agen reading

DemonicGambit
I know the feeling

Hello everybody. My name is Demonic Gambit, and I'm an addict to comics.

tokyo_goddess
I can't rmemeber when my addiction started...yeah I do...I saw the Uncanny cover with Wolverine kissing Jean...I was hooked...

DemonicGambit
I've seen that one, I want to buy it, but the guy's overcharging. No way I'm gonna pay $8.45 But I want it soo bad

MaverickIce
I just bought the whole arc, Poptopia. Angel looks cool in that one.

Metroplex
checkout www.marvel.com You can read some X-men comics at the DotComic section.

MaverickIce
been there done that laughing out loud

Darth Vicious
X-men are the best comic books to me also The Punisher is very good, the recent Batman "Hush" storyline is great also some of the great X-men storylines to me are "Phoenix saga","Xsecutioners Song", "Age of Apocalypse", "Onslaught saga" and i agree Uncanny ussed to be sooo much better, now i buy Uncanny to be faithful to the comic but sometimes i dont even read them also Daredevil is good.

MaverickIce
Here is something out of Nowhere: what and where are some good comic shops in New York City?

verauko
My obsessions started with X-men Evo... than I was watching original X-men series.... but not so often...... I don't like the original version too much..... and now I'm really obsessed with X-men movies!!!!!! Roar!!

bunny Oh! bunny! Yay!

Metroplex
My X-men obsession started a very long time ago. started when the cartoon showed up during the early 90s.

DemonicGambit
LOL same here!

ragesRemorse
if you want a good read in the x-men series is the fatal attraction series, which continues off of blood lines, which is where magneto rips the adamantium from wolverines body, and magneto is left as a ....well dont want to give anything away incase you read it.. but from this series wolverine ends up leaving the x-men for a while after his adamantium is gone and hes left with bone claws and he realizes he may have had them all along so he leaves to find answers and gets into a fight with cyber and bashes his claws to a hundred peices punching him i loved that, but fatal attractions, onslaught, are prolly the best cuz ounce youget to what could have been the best story line ( AoA ) you find the whole series is kind of pointless due to the ending

DemonicGambit
I didn't like the AOA storyline that much....

Blopster
Onslaught as a good story?! Onslaught was a cheap, insanely overpowered and lame villain. The plot of that story was just too ridiculous. "Hi, I'm Onslaught. *RAR!* I'm pure psionic energy, so nothing physical effects me, and since I'm born from mutant psionic energy, any attack by mutants makes me stronger! *RAR!*" And people say Apocalypse was overpowered. And when he absorbed X-Man and Franklin Richards and made freaking second sun in the solar system, that was just over the edge.

Fatal Attractions was alright. Other than Wolverine's adamantium being ripped out and confirming his claws are bone and bringing Cable back, it didn't really do much. I'd take X-Cutioner's Song over it any day.

DemonicGambit
I agree with you X-Cutioner's Song was way better

ragesRemorse
what was the series where wolverine is death? i read a compilation book with the gatherings of the series, it wasnt very good but wolverine turned out to be death at the end, this was around the time i stopped reading x-men comics so i have no idea what happend there if anyone does plese let me know i was totally in the dark

I liked fatal attractions so much because it built up so great and did deliver at the end with what could have eben the end to magneto, and when wolverine came out of a coma when the blackbird was going home and jean was a bout to be sucked into space and wolverine caught her LOL that was great

Metroplex
Wolverine "died" whne he fought Death the horseman of Apocalypse in "Apocalypse the Twelve saga" I forgot what number that was. http://membres.lycos.fr/zcomics/the_twelve_us1.htm
here is the complete story of it

Metroplex
The Onslaught story wasn't bad at first. I really liked the idea that Xavier was the traitor of the X-men and Onslaught would have killed all of them if Bishop didnt absord the blast. The story just got crapier as Onslught got stronger. He should be invincible when he abosrbed Nate Grey's power and Franklin. I really hated the conclusion. But they re made all the super heroes titles that scarificed themselves to stop Onslaught. I really like Jim Lee doing the Heroes reborn of Fantastic Four.

Blopster
I believe it was revealed that Wolverine was Apocalypse's new Death horseman in X-Men#96. Here's what issues comprise the Apocalypse: The Tweleve story:

Cable (2nd series) #75-76, Uncanny X-Men #376-377, Wolverine (2nd series) #146-147, X-Man #59-60, X-Men (2nd series) #96-97

MaverickIce
ARGHHHH!!!!!

I read the other day that Gambit helped invent the Marauders who impaled Angels wings in the mutant massacre (tricked by sinister)! Angel said something like "you have stood by me all these years, proud to be an X-man when you knew everyday that I almost commited suicide!" (something along those lines.) That led Angel to become the Horseman of Death, quit the X-men (he rejoined), be pychologically imbalanced and on the verge of suicide for years! When he found that out he supposedly had a massive beat down on Gambit, and led him (gambit) to quit the X-men for about 14 issues. Of course, fans were shocked.. mad

Darth Vicious
Even though im way late, i bought Origin 1- 6 for $20 on ebay, all first print and bagged!

timmy manhole
Anyone read the wolverine comics? theres only like two shops in ireland that sell them which is kinda annoying.but i recommend them. Ye have already probably discussed them but i didnt read yer past conversations....i'll shut up now. dont hate my because i'm beautiful...oh crap i'm actually hideous...i'm a screw up in life

MaverickIce
Actually, not really. Do you mean after the relaunch? its pretty good now though, better than its been for years...

Metroplex
Did any of you ever read the Phalanx covenant??? Its pretty good and it led to the creation of Generation X.

MaverickIce
Yeah it was pretty nice.....smile
Do you guys like Ian Churchill, hes a pretty good artist.

Paola
I'm just downloading "Origin" and I saw #4 (saw, not read) and here it was this red haired woman "Rose?" who looked just like Jean..... who is she??

Metroplex
She was the maid of James Howlett aka Wolverine.

Ill explain the origin of Wolverine. Wolverine is actually called James Howlett. He is very rich kid and has some slaves to do his father's dirty work. One of these slaves is called Logan (he looks a lot like Wolverine in the X-men) Logan also has a son called Dog. Dog really likes Rose but can't seem to get her. One day James and Dog get into a fight and Dog kills James' dog. For punishment, James' father kicks out Logan and Dog and they are fired. For revenge, Dog and Logan go and kill the Howlett family. When James sees his dead father, his powers manifest and his bone claws comes out. He kills Logan and cuts Dog's face. James' mother disowns him and both Rose and James leave to escape the nightmare. James' grandfather helps them and he is really pissed and disgusted with James.

Both Rose and JAmes goes to a mining town. Rose change James' name to Logan to disguise their true identity. They start a new life and James/Logan forgot about his past(literally). At first James/Logan was a shit little weakling but as he worked in the mines, he got stronger. He becomes savage and sometimes he goes and hunts with wolves. The two meet a guy called Smithy. He is James/Logan's idol and he constantly uses the term "bub" is Wolverine uses now. Smithy becomes a teacher of James/Logan and they become close freinds. Rose and Smithy fall in love and James/Logan becomes jealous. He always thought that Rose would always be with her. Smithy and Rose plan to leave the mine town and to leave James/Logan by himself. To get the money to leave, Smithy enters a fight contest and Logan enters too and beats the crap out of Smithy. But he wanted Rose and Smithy to be happy so he let Smithy win and he gets the prize money.

During the two's stay at the town, James/Logan's grandfather sends Dog to go and find the two since he realized that he made a horrible mistake in letting them go. Dog manages to track down the two right during the fight contest. After the contest is over, Dog he makes James/Logan remeber about his past and they both fight. Dog loses after Logna remebers his past. James/logan is pissed and he takes out his claws and is about to kll Dog. Ironically, Rose somehow comes and is stabbed by James/Logan. James/Logan gets so scared that he runs into to wilderness and lives as the leader of a pack of wolves.

Metroplex
Ian Churchill is an amazing artist. i really like his art. Looks a bit like Jim Lee's art. But its really cool.

timmy manhole
I think that i'll stick to the matrix and spiderman forums,at least i know something about them. You people are scarey!!!!!

Connor McLeod
get Gambit on X3!!
http://www.petitiononline.com/gamnrog/petition.html

Metroplex
laughing out loud you guys started a petition? cool i give it a try

Darth Vicious
Metro do u think that "Dog" from the Origin mini series s Sabretooth? i think it is! and Tommy about ur comment about us being scary, i dont think that just because we know about comic books and u dont i dont think that makes us scary, its like they say in X-men, u fear what u dont understand1

Paola
But why the hell does James Howlett looks so much like this Logan who worked for his father???
confused blink confused blink confused blink

timmy manhole
screw u darth vicious, i actually collect the comic books i know all about the damn x-men, but ye talk as though they are all that matter in a wolrd gone mad

timmy manhole
And my name is not tommy!

Kes
Hey cool it!

Blopster
Wolverine (James Howlett) looks like Logan because it is suspected that Wolverine's mother had an affair with Logan, and Wolverine was the result.

Paola
WOW!!

ragesRemorse
ay man i was wandering if someone can help me, I only read a few comics back in the whole onslaught series, never collected them but now im readin a series thats pretty much right after onslaught and there talking about all these mutant that died while fighting onslaught but who all died while fighting him?

Blopster
Pretty much, it was believed that all the non-mutant superheroes (Thor, Hulk, Fantastic Four, etc) died fighting Onslaught. This happened because Onlsaught became pure psionic-energy and mutant abilities would only fuel his power. The powers & life force of the Avengers, Fantastic Four & the Hulk are used to destroy Onslaught. Before their full deaths, however, Franklin Richards (son of Mr. Fantastic & Invisible Woman), who was captured by Onslaught, creates an full pocket dimension where the superheroes are reborn and "rediscover" their powers. They are transferred back into the real world by a Celestial, who sacrifices her conciousness in order to merge Franklin's dimension with the real one.

Also, in Bishop's future, it was Onslaught who exterminated the X-Men and, roundabout wise, Xavier was the X-traitor Bishop heard of. However, Bishop, being in the current timeline at this event, absorbed the energy blast Onslaught used that would have killed off the X-Men.

Kes
Comics here are very limited and the ones I could find are usually in the middle of a story, not to mention that prof. X walks (something I'm not use to) messed
Can you guys give me the tittle to a cool comic with lots of Storm action?

Shadow_King
The best comics of x-men would be age of the apocalypse

Kes
Is it x-men or extreme x-men?What is it exactly?And does it have lots of Storm?

Paola
Yeah X-Treme has lots of Storm.... she formed the X-treme X-Men to search Destiny's diaries
I also have problems finding X-Men comics here.... here I can only find Ultimate X-men and Uncanny X-Men, that's why I download the comics from Kazaa evil face

Kes
Here I find Espantosos X-men roll eyes (sarcastic) But just Prof X standing by a grave messed

Paola
Espantosos X-Men???...... something like Scary X-Men??? or horrrible X-Men???

Kes
Amazing x-men. I wish i could find them in english.

Paola
isn't that about "Age of Apocalypse"?

Kes
Dont know.
Thats why I prefer the cartoons, it has a beginning.

Paola
laughing out loud

Shadow_King
Age of the apocalypse was the best comics ever

Shadow_King
And now the ones i'm trying to find are the ones stan lee did but their are only a few and i'm trying to find the issue from when the original x-men were captured and professor x had to make a new team

Kes
I just want a story that makes snce, thats not to long, with lots of Storm action an with these characters:
Storm(obviously)
Beast
Rogue
Gambit
Jean
Cyclops
Wolverine
Prof. X
Jubilee
Nighcrawler would be ok too.
Magneto
Mystique
Pyro
Iceman
Sabertooth

Basicly the characters I already know.

Shadow_King
i understand what u mean

Kes
smile

Shadow_King
But i like the tv show x-men cuz that was the best show of all time but then xavier had to leave earth forever and then the new leader of x-men is magneto.

Kes
I liked the cartoons but I only watched a few and it was some time ago so I dont remember much.

Shadow_King
I remeber cuz i recorded every episodes

Kes
Yeh I didnt think of that! messed
My cousin did but he watched them and then taped it over messed

Shadow_King
my favourite episodes would be axis of time a three part episode and phoenix saga and the dark phoenix

Kes
I liked the one (or the ones) where Storm goes crazy!

Shadow_King
i remeber that episode

Shadow_King
All i want to do is read the original comics made by stan lee

Kes
That would be cool. But impossible for me to find.

Shadow_King
i know wat the first comic of the x-men is about and when it came out and how much it cost when it came out and i know how much it costed in 1990

nightcrawer89
any one here a x-men comic book collector like my self Happy Dance

BarmyBrummie
I don't own a single issue. God knows how i keep up wiv all the discussions.

darkphoenix
I started to collect the new x-men comics, i'd love to collect each series but.. way too expensive for me

Darth Vicious
I do, I collect mostly Mrvel comics and a few DC comics but im a huge fan, been a fan forr a while now, its a hobby for me looking for back issues either in stores or conventions!

Jason Horan
Well i'm cheap so I just go into the Newsagents or my friends house and read them from there big grin laughing out loud

kohl
i buy new x-men and uncanny x-men. used to buy x-factor as well.

nightcrawer89
i have a few x-men comics one issuse has a cameo from spider man. i have one of very frist captin issues of captin america. and i wanted to know how much it was wearth

Paola
I just buy "X-Men"..... only have one "Ultimate" and I missed the first "X-Treme" but I'll get "X-Treme #2" as soon as its released here sad it's the only ones available here..... also Spiderman and Wolverine... and some DC and Thundercats..... I bought a Spiderman too big grin

xboy
The X-Men Comics rock! So here chat about anything on the comics! TRY NOT TO SPOIL ANYTHING PLEAZE!!!! Have fun!

Vampiree
omg... my poor nerves...

xboy
what did i do i can post this here right??? pleas let me know

kohl
for once, i think it's a good idea. a comics-only thread.

BarmyBrummie
I don't read the comics. Don't have access to them.

darkphoenix
I only read the new x-men comics, cant read all the series, wayyyyyyy to expensive for me

BarmyBrummie
People should explain what happens in each issue to us un priveledged people who can't read them.

juggernaut26
oh you can find comic shops in your area go to marvel.com and at the top right hand corner it says find comic shop in your area then you type in your zip code and woala presto you got it

xboy
I know what you mean there way to expensive 4 me 2. I only read New X-Men and Xtreme X-Men. I'll do my best BB 2 try and tell you what goes on. So should everyone else.

metalruskie07
Their are online reviews for that Barmy, check www.uncannyxmen.net and x-fan has reviews and scores if you do want to pick them up.

Be@st
I read only ultimate X-men. I wanna read more and I can't. It is so unfair.

BarmyBrummie
It's not that i don't want the comics, it's just that i can't find them anywhere and i can't order them cus my parents won't let me. This should be the comic review thread where you guys make reviews of the newest comics to come out. Then everyone will know whats going on in each issue.

Katt
Weea

I just started on Ultimate, New and Uncanny X-men
I've heard somewhere that Unlimited is starting up again.
When it does i'm on that to.

I'm also on the swedish New X-men

kohl
i think the new x-men series (as written by grant morrison) has a nice pace.
uncanny x-men is interesting. i like how x-corps has a strong presence while being a questionable (or maybe controversial) organisation.

MaverickIce
I'm digging Ultimate right now. Angel makes his first appearence in 40, the latest ish, good Jump on point. Uncanny is horrid right now (she-hulk slept with Juggernaut, no joke!) and New is just..........weird.

Darth Vicious
Ok heres something thats ive been thinking lately, forall who have been reading X-men for a while if u guys remember X-men#25 when Magneto pulled Wolverines adamantium throuh his pores as a result his healing factor went into overdrive which in turn caused it to be dormant for a while since the the strain from the adamantiums been extracted from his body was too much but now but now the Punisher blows him pretty much from chest down(recent Punisher Comics) and as seen in X-men 150 we see his whole face pretty much regenerating(sp?) and my point is, he has a healing factor but damn do they have to go overboard all the time rrecently and shouldnt his healing factor go into overdrive again?

xboy
WHAT about XTREME X-MEN...that comic rocks

Darth Vicious
X-treme used to be better at the beggining, lately its been lacking!

xboy
not uh....The infanada arc was great...!

darkphoenix
Darth: I think that Jean was "helping" him with the phoenix force, might be why it didnt went into overdrive..

xboy
good point......

xboy
"Something I didn't quite understand in the movie
Ok, who was Jason and what really was his mutation. I read a few things about the mutant he was supposed to be called 'Mastermind', but I believe he was from the comic verse, and who was the little girl in the images he produced? This part really confused me, so if you have info or know what happened I want to know! "

Hey she reminded me that...well what if jason(comics) does that thing that he did to jean to make her evil DP in X3

xboy
got that from the post:
Something I didn't quite understand in the movie
by Britt415

THANX BRITT415

xboy
pleaze go to the post to ansewer her question not here THAX YOU

Maelstrom
Newest mutat on the scene is Cannonballs brother. He fires a mutated form of electricity from his eyes. Since eveyone is on a power endorphine rush, right and wrong are irrelavent, things are going to get out of control.
I like Sinister Six. Where you find out how the "Good Guys" sanction inhumain exeriments on the villans. When it's done to wolverine look out, but turn the Rhino into a rhino and not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.

Kes
He dies in X2.

Paola
Cannonball's brother?? Great!!! What's his name?

xboy
that's right Kes he does die........well what if they bring him back????? They probaly won't...be cool if they did though!

Kes
Well in the movie (IMO) bringing him back would look lame.

gisugil
Do any of you have animated pics?

gisugil
How do you make words scroll around? laughing

metalruskie07
I frankly like X-treme and think New is one of the best X-books out their. I can't wait for Magma,Berto and Sam to be in X-treme gonna be cool! Ultimate is pretty cool. Two things I don't like though. What they did to Colossus and making Psylocke a member of S.T.R.I.K.E. She is a true hero she should be on the x-men. I like uncanny for the simple reason that angel and Jubilee are in it. I hate what their doing to Jubilee but I will deal with. Why does Husk get so much attention? She is cool and all but maybe she should get less....I think Unlimited will be a good solid book. My favorite book right now is New Mutants. That book is amazing Karma and Mirage and Wolfsbane and Magma plus all of the others...so overwhelming but in a good way. *Instead of doing reviews on issues why don't we just do reviews on arcs. Request it and it will be done*.

xboy
your right Kes.....

xboy
is New X-Men 151 out yet???????????

metalruskie07
Yeah, it is.

xboy
goody im gonna get today then ...........i cant wait

xboy
What do u think of x-men 151? ya know what answer that in the x-men 150 thread pleaze thankxz u

X-boy
the thread starter

nightcrawer89
i have a few x-men a few spider man and one captin amrecia.

xboy
talk about this in the comic book thread that I ALREADY posted....pleaze and thank u

xboy
here it is nightcrawer89

Vampiree
uh... no offence xboy... but nighties thread was FIRST... so really YE should talk about the comics HERE

xboy
whatever....

Vampiree
not whatever but YES... roll eyes (sarcastic)

xboy
yes whatever but NOOOOOOOOO

Vampiree
roll eyes (sarcastic)

xboy
roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/lamo.gif

Herr Logan
I agree about Uncanny.
I'm strongly in favor of Juggernaught being on the team. He's already teamed up with the X-Men and spoken civilly with Xavier, so it would be a badly executed backslide to turn him back over to the dark side. I like that they are delving deeper into his character. I think it's good to have another unstoppable (or formerly unstoppable) bad-ass on the team who is at odds with the resident unstoppable bad-ass (Wolverine).
But that doesn't mean that She-Hulk should be sleeping with him!!!
It's a twisted world.

nightcrawer89
dose any one like iron man

Vampiree
iron man is an x-men character? blink

Pyrokenetic
oh oh I am I am *waves*

kohl
vampiree: he is in the avengers.

Vampiree
oh... big grin thanks as always kohl

kohl
you're welcome. :>

juggernaut26
well i don't collect the comics but i collect the essentials for the people who don't know they are big books of the older comics when they first started i'm selling the first one of the very original ones on half dot com for anyone who cares i'm collecting the ones with the new uncanny xmens.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>