Travels

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ChinaNiki
Where are some of the best places you have traveled to? And why?

My family likes to go to Folly Beach, just outside of Charleston, in South Carolina, every year for Mother's Day(second Sunday in May for non-US). It's right before the tourist season starts so most days it's pretty quiet and the beach isn't overloaded with people. We stay for 10 days to two weeks. It is so relaxing. Sometimes my grandma and cousin come with my parents. We work on our burns and read a lot of books. We also have to have a leat one game of Monopoly (Star Wars version) to determine is the grand winner for the year. Amazingly enough my cousin Lib beat my dad. Usually dad or my sister wins. I never win. I'm better at trivia games. stick out tongue

Corran
Kenya on Safari was the best, if you ever get chance to go on Safari do it. Have been to Greece and the Greek Islands several times, it's lovely there great food, weather and friendly people. Been to Tenerefie and Lanzarote from the Canary Islands, good fun holidays. France was OK apart from the French(Sorry G.P j/k). I lived/worked in Belgium for 5 months, would recomment Belgium to anyone who likes good beers and chocolate, oh yes the people aren't too bad, excepting Yerss and Fire. Oh yes went to Switzerland for 10 days once, very clean and expensive. Did montreal for 3 weeks had a great time there, the city is just like a complete mix of European places, some great restuarants there, as ther
e were in Belgium. Errmm, Wales, Scotland and Ireland are cool for nice relaxing holidays, for a massive party weekend do Dublin on St Paddys weekend. Norway was warm and friendly, expensive, but friendly all the same, Mech would love it as it is a similar drinking culture to us, I think I would go back at some point and not just for the beautiful ladies - honest.
Of course there's the numerous places in England I've been, and what a fantastic country it is - everyone should visit at least once.
Some other places for mini-breaks too Miami, Holland, Bahamas (1 day).

Fitch
Now I know that the travel agency where you work has a big catalogue...big grin

Corran
Now that's a cool idea for a new job, I could get cheap holidays. Am going to Budapest next week, I'll wave across to you, how good is your eyesight?

Fitch
very good.If I'm on The Carphatians I can see the Black Sea(no bullshit).I've been to Budapest.Great city,a lot to see but rarely you find someone that speeks English.Only hungarian and german sad.I'll leave in spain I think on 14-15 of August,so I'll pass Budapest again....

Corran
I just need to know how to ask for beer

Fitch
belive me,it's important to know how to ask where is a toilet(after all that beer)....

Corran
Good point, and when you are in Spain be sure not to mix the 2 up, the do sound similar.

Fitch
Indeed.In that case you could have a "taste" of the worse beer possible...the hot one.

Corran
sick

GroundedAgain
medora norda koda is fun. so is keystone Southy D

bigbadbike2
I love Folly Beach. The skimming is great you can go forever. You can also surf and most of the time the beach isn't that crowded. I also have quite a few friends left there in Charleston. Also you are right outside of the downtown area. You can go to Waterfront park or to the dessert/coffee shop Kaminskys. Its a great place. big grin

Fitch
where/what the hell is medora norda koda ?

happy kine
i love to travel... been across the atlantic 3 times. now going west... when the trail ends is where i lay down and never awaken.

Fitch
cross the atlantic with boat?if yes,indeed,that is great!

happy kine
no i went in an airplane... there is a little known europe air carrier that only flies to orlando and amsterdam and puerto rico... it is very cheap. and i do like to fly into amsterdam. muahahahaha

Fitch
nice to fly......but I thought you have a boat or something...

le_sainte
best places i've ever travelled to is sardegna(italy) where the water is nicer then u can imagine, the amalfi coast (italy), sicily, tuscany, venice, the french riviera, osoyoos (bc, canada)which is really deserty and laid back ... lots of ppl from quebec live there, the whole town speaks french,st.vincent and cuba,paris, madrid,london, athens (it's nice but dirty), santrorini andddd rome!
basically anywhere in italy, it has to be the most beautiful country

Fitch
it's nice,but not the most beautiful........

le_sainte
wanna bet ??!!

ChinaNiki
BBB2 Did you ever go to the Kaminsky's attched to T-bones in Mt. Pleasant? My cousin used to make most of the deserts there. Cheesecakes are his specialty.big grin

Fitch
sure.on what ? smile

ChinaNiki
I know most Americans have this thing against French people, but when I was there many of the French I met were actually quite nice.

happy kine
i spent 2 hours in a train station in paris... these women came up to us with little kids in their arms and asked for change... my friend was like sorry i have no crack... crack. no... no crack... then this guy with a sub-machine gun came in and asked the woman to leave... the train ride was fun...

i'm going to be going to st. george island in the florida panhandle in two weeks... any one been there or heard about it?

Fitch
I'm not an american but I'm against the french ppl smile

GroundedAgain
Medora, North Dakota. North Dakota is the state president bush often forgets about. it is north of south dakota. medora is a town in the badlands (red mountains and caves) it's where teddy roosevelt lived for a while

Fitch
sounds like a nice place......

GroundedAgain
it is really beautiful. the sunset is awesome, and the mountains and valleys are so cool.

Fitch
ahhh...makes me think about vacantion all over again...
*takes photo album from trips*

booniae
When it comes to traveling I absolutly LOVE cruises! Doesn't really matter to where. Their awesome though!

Boo bunny

Dexx
hmm..dunno....never got on a big boat before. Flying does it for me...

Fitch
big boat......never been....think it's romantic

booniae
It can be very romantic! smile They always seem too short though. I never want to get off when you pull into stops. LOL

Boo bunny

Fitch
u're not forced to smile
imagine to have u're own boat ,to sail as much as you want smile....that's nice !

bigbadbike2
I don't think I ever went to that one. I lived there for about a year, but I spent most of my time downtown or in North Charleston. smile

ariwin
W/in the US: I love NYC...there's no place in the world quite like it, end of story...

Outer Banks.... it's beautiful there

Outside of the US:
My country of choice has to be Spain... I've been there so many times and even spent a semester there...good food, good looking people, good weather, nice beaches

Greece was okay, went to the Greek Isles, really wasn't that impressed. Athens is very very dirty. Would prob. not go there again.

Egypt - awesome! So much fun...not what most people would expect. If you have the $$ it's a great place to go. But from our side of the world, it's a little costly getting here.

ChinaNiki
Key Largo is great for camping
it's not so crowded or expensive as Key West and we had manatees coming up to the boat dock

royal_jester
hmmmmmmmm....lets see here. I would have to say California!...The state is so neat...and nice compared to here in Arizona!!!!!!!!!!--where it is basically 100+ degrees all Summer long!---I visted there recently..To San Diego and Los Angeles--Their temps were 30 degrees cooler!!

royal_jester
Yes and South Carolina is a neat place to visit also...And Georgia and Florida.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.