wacky laws and fines

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GroundedAgain
just about every where you go there are some pretty wierd laws and fines for the stupidiest stuff. for example:
here in norda koda you can not serve beer and pretzels at the same time.

the wackiest fine is that my school got a fine for not having working locks on all of their bathroom stalls. rolling on floor laughing

ChinaNiki
in NY you can't let your car idle for more than 5 min and truck drivers in most of NY can't keep there trucks idling even in the dead of winter and can get in trouble for running their reefer units (refrigerated containers that haul meat and produce)

Captain REX
You can't put cash in other peoples parking meter.

Corran
There is a good law in York.
"Excluding Sundays, it is perfectly legal to shoot a Scotsman with a bow and arrow. "

And another in Chester

You can only shoot a Welsh person with a bow and arrow inside the city walls and after midnight.

Seems reasonable to me.

Godshinto
I live in NY that's bull***** I used to work for a delivery company I used to leave my truck running the whole time we weren't allowed to shut it off.

Godshinto
Here's a weird law for you the speed limit anywhere why make the speed limit the max of mabey 70 mph's why make cars thatr go well over 200 like my mustang you know you're going to race if you are suppresed all of the time. Mabey if we had a chance to run our cars in the open we wouldn't have to illegaly street race.

Kes
Well thats kinda to keep ppl safe. Because we are not pilots wink
Car companies shouldn't built cars that go that fast.

Dexx
yup...i agree with that one

well./....that's not entirely a bad law. You know ofcourse that combining beer with anything related to bread (bread also) gets you drunk a lot faster.

Kes
Isn't beer the alcoholic (sp) drink with less alcohol(sp)?

bigbadbike2
I don't think this is the answer. People who drive do not respect what they are doing. They are operating a heavy fast machine. If people would respect it enough that everyone gets proper instruction I think speed limits would not be a necessity. Take for example the autobaun in Germany. People there drive fast but with much skill and respect. No one is goofing off, putting on there makeup, or anything of this nature; because of this you see less crashes there. Sadly, this will never happen in America.

Dexx
that would be a rough translation. About 5% alcohol actually.

Kes
In Italy they don't even stop in red lights.
Regardless of how well you drive you just never know how the other drivers are going to react to something.

Kes
Well thats not much compared to other drinks you get in bars. Like spiritual drinks, Eristoff ice and Martini metz, those have 7.5%. And wine or wiskey could have up to 14% or ore.

Dexx
i was just about to give the germany autobahn as an example also. The have rarely any accidents and there's no speed limit.

Dexx
well..the really good..ergh strong ones have 30 - 40% *hic*

bigbadbike2
Exactly my point Kes. People need to respect the road and each other.

Kes
Dexx> lol
BBB2> True that! I almost had an accident the other day because of a stupid driver and my cousin had one because of a stupid driver!

happy kine
when my flying car is complete i will never have to worry about other drivers... muahahahaha muahahahahahaha.....

here in florida your not allowed to run naked through the streets eek! ...

Dexx
not even chicks?

happy kine
believe it or not yes...

Dexx
so what...they arrest them?

happy kine
yes... they even get to put handcuffs on them and put them in the back seat of their car....

Kes
So ppl can walk naked through the streets?

happy kine
laughing out loud can't do that either... as a matter of fact there was a case recently where this guy wanted to walk around campus naked... he did for a semester before they deemed it a disturbance from all the heklers and gigglers.

Godshinto
Doesn't I think UCLA have a annual strip and run every year

Ushgarak
Dunno, but I want to see the vids of the girls if they do.

happy kine
i can see it now... girls gone streaking! order now only 25.99

Stovenutts
hahaha.

Kes
Isn't going around naked indicent exposer or something like that?
Not really a wacky law roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
Wacky would be if it was legal if he has a moustache, or something.

happy kine
yeah, but its wacky that people are sooo *can't think of good term right now... how about* uptight about nakedness... even after i say that i don't like being nake in public....

Kes
Well there are nude beaches wink
Theres this place in Brazil where everybody walks around naked. It's called A colina do sol ( the suns hill) if I'm not mistaken.

Ushgarak
WHY have I not seen any pics of this place?

Kes
lol They passed several documentaries here about it. Even the priest walks around naked!

Ushgarak
Like... what do you know? It has a webpage!

Godshinto
Beacuse you don't look hard enough they're everywhere

happy kine
aaaahhhh *homer style complete with drool* naked brazilian women....

Kes
Well it's a city. Or vila why would it have a webpage?blink But I'll look around.

Ushgarak
No no, I meant it DOES. I found it.

Fitch
and would you be so kind to share it with us.at least Pm us smile

Ushgarak
It's REAL simple, just use the name.

Kes
It does?! Amazing!

Ushgarak
Yup! (nods)

Fitch
I'll......give it a try smile

booniae
I guess you wouldn't worry about what to pack eh? LOL

Boo bunny

Ushgarak
Camera...

Kes
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Godshinto
This isn't wachy but I need to know. Is there a law about computer privacy, because yesterday I was surfing a window popped up and it was my software telling me that someone is probing my computer behind my firewalls past my safe gaurds I thought it wa a hacker but when I traced the IP adress it lead me back to a local DOJ (Departmeant Of Justice) office. They were looking through my files but eventually I just cut them off with a nasty message of course, and a nasty little present if you know what I mean.

booniae
I get crap like that all the time... You mean it actually means something? I always thought they were just popups.

Godshinto
No I have software that detects anyone on my computer network I have like 10 computers in my house and I have them all networked to my computer and they're all on the net but they're susceptible to attacks I've had a few so I've become paranoid so now my software stops them from prying to far into my computer. I reverse hacked the DOJ agent and planted a nasty little virus in his network and then cut him off with a nasty string of profanity.

Ushgarak
Oh, pop-ups like that do indeed come all the time but I guess he means his firewall software told him. And automated system checking by means of cookies and so on is perfectly legal, unless you could prove that these people were ACTUALLY picking personal files off your computer, which is unlikely.

Sending something back is far more likely to be illegal.

Though it all depends where you have been, of course.

booniae
Kay they're probably just pop-ups then. LOL I don't got nothing interesting on my computer that people would wanna see...

Boo bunny

Ushgarak
...except pics of you!

booniae
VERY TRUE!!! Ha ha ha! wink

Boo bunny

Godshinto
To stop pop ups go toPanic Ware there you can download a pop up stopper get the browser companion that's the best one, and it's free. As for the DOJ I don't even know what they want with my computer, I used to work for the CIA on an internship so they have a background check on me so there should be no reason to look in my computer. I have a freind in the DOJ I e-mailed him though if my virus took affect he won't be able to reply any time soon it's only a small virus MacAfee can detect and kill.

Kes
Well maybe you went to a site that is being watched or something. If thats possible.blink

booniae
Thanx for the anti-popup site. Hopefully it'll work. I got tons!!! messed

Boo bunny

Ushgarak
Yes it is, and if the DOJ know who you are then sending them even a small virus ain't smart (admitting you did it, even less so!).

Godshinto
The majority of my time on the web is for work and mostly this site. Once in a while I will go to E! Online to read about movies or go to Fandango to buy tickets I don' stray far from there. I found this ite when I was loking for reviews on a movie and now this is the only site I go to for fun. And work stuff is all encrypted .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.