you know you're old when.........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GroundedAgain
what was your guy's first notice that you were gettin up there age wise?? just yesterday a radio announcer announced my favorite song from when i was 5 as " i'm reaching way back into the archieves for this tune, it was a hit a long time ago" i jus bout cried. Happy Dance

bigbadbike2
Your only fourteen

MaverickIce
laughing out loud yeah, even though I'm 22 my 12 year old sister can really make a feel bad about your age. I just hope she doesn't come here when she is 13..

bigbadbike2
Hey, hey were the same age dude. Wanna go have a beer.

finti
you are as old as you feel

finti
you are griping about your age at 14, christ you havent got cream in your pipes yet

keokiswahine
F I N T I eek! eek! eek! Happy Dance Happy Dance

Since yoda is my son, I'm feeling about 975 today. big grin laughing laughing out loud

silver_tears
ur old when
Getting lucky means you find your
car in the parking lot.

happy kine
everything stops growing up and starts growing out... mainly my belly.

GroundedAgain
lol stick out tongue

happy kine
i'm actually 27 now and when the weekend comes and its time to party i'm usually passed out by 1am... i used to wake up for work on friday and not sleep till sunday night... that i can definitely not do that any longer. but i'm still by no means consider myself old... i have at least another lifetime to go.

Catch 22
Heck, I refuse to get old. I did find myself slipping into the dreaded 'getting old syndrome' but I refuse.

Heck, I'm 35 years old and come from a family where most live to their mid 90's and beyond.

happy kine
thats good, hopfully its a healthy 90 reater then nursing home 90. either way not bad it would seem you got good genes.... my genes are ripped and faded and i have no idea where they came from.

Fitch
I couldn't respond to the topic,but this summer I got my first job and that really made me thinking bout my age...

Baylin
You know you're getting old when your knees creak when you walk and crack when crouch down. When your back wont bend 'til you've had a hot bath in the morning and when kids annoy the hell out of you doing the same things you did at their age!
But they say you're as young as you feel.... I'm 28 and feel 96 sad

Fitch
I would prefer the contrary....to have 96 and feel like 28 laughing

Kes
I feel old when I see my cousin daughter. She's a year old and just start walking and says a few words! I never liked kids but I find myself thinking:"Pretty soon I'm taking this kid to the movies!"
She's just growing so fast it makes me feel kida old! I'm not the families baby anymore messed Never was thou! I have a younger cousin stick out tongue

VampirePrincess
I feel old when my brother starts on his nu metal crap... lol... I am listening to the Bauhaus and he is off listening to Likin Park... I just feel old when it comes to that and I am 19 years of age... But then I feel young when I meet up with my other friends who are years beyond me... So it depends on the situation!

Will
Erm... Dont insult linkin park and metal!! THEY ARE MY FAVOURITE BAND!

Fitch
there are moments and moments...

Will
sad

Fitch
ussualy you cannot comment tastes.I also like Linkin' Park(not too much but anyway).....and I'm not feeling offended.

happy kine
i know i feel old when i couldn't even tell you what "nu metal" was... or is... and i couldn't name a linlin park song... they sound like all the other crap on the radio... see now you got me bitching like a grumpy old man..

so i guess i feel old now

Will
OK...... smile........: at least someone agrees with me sad my whole family hates linkin park.

Fitch
happens to me too with some bands.but still,they respact my tastes,...kinda big grin

Will
...............................no expression no expression OK............so you don't agree with me........fine....

Kes
My parents hate everything I hear! And I like linkin Park smile

Will
I felt old when I was 10 and got into a 12A on my own

Kes
12A?blink

Will
Yeah I'm young......

I'm only 11 and 5 months

Will
I bet I'm the youngest here

Will
sad

Fitch
that explains....

Tired Hiker
I remember being young, like 12-13 years old, and thinking that age 30 was an old age. Now I am 30 and I totally don't feel as old as I thought 30 years old would feel. I think it's all about staying active. I once saw Clint Eastwood do twelve pull-ups and the guy was 72 years old!

Kes
Your kidding about your age because you have to be 14 or 13 to be a member. So that was a joke! Say it was a joke!

Will
It was a joke laughing out loud you fell 4 it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Kes
big grin

Ushgarak
(nods)

happy kine
i notice there are a lot of kids here born in the 80's... that makes me feel old... at least i still have a few years to go before i get crotchety.

VampirePrincess
I never thought 30 was old... I dated people in there 30s... Bad me I know but hell I just do those things.

Anyway I just don't like nu metal... But I have no beaf against anyone who does... Insept for my brother who I have to listen to his music all day!

Tired Hiker
Hey man, a few years and you'll be my age, I ain't crotchety! LOL

Tired Hiker
Hey! I'm 30! Why is it bad you dated a 30 year old?

Ushgarak
It's not, she was waiting for someone to tell her it was ok

(pokes VP)

I know how you work, kiddo!

Tired Hiker
Oh, I see. Thanks Ush!

Hey, VP, it's okay to date 30 year olds. Really, it's quite okay!

thumb up rock

VampirePrincess
*falls over*

You know to much Ush!

Yeah I know it is ok... Just a lot people find it disturbing... I myself don't mind dating older guys as long as I like them and they like me!

Ushgarak
(nods)

bigbadbike2
Crotchet: An odd notion; Whim--crotchety.adj. -- The New Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Yes, actually, you are crotchety. laughing out loud

Tired Hiker
bbb2, you see right through me. roll eyes (sarcastic)

bigbadbike2
laughing out loud

Godshinto
You know you're old when you're idea of going out at night is sitting on the back porch with take out food. Oh crapp IM OLD!!!!!!!!!!! eek!

ChinaNiki
I think you know you're getting older when you use the phrase: "You know, back in the day we did ......."wink

Stovenutts
hey godshinto i love that. i love the outdoors

Godshinto
I use that line all the time like I said crap I'M OLD!!! eek!

Fitch
thought that car that I saw in your post isn't for an "old" guy...

Godshinto
When's the last time you seen a teenager drive a nearly $50,000 car let alone have three $50,000 cars and a $30,000 truck and own his own house.

Fitch
not teenager......but I don't recall of seeing a 60 old guy in that kind of car eighter...

must_kill_Santa
well im only 13 and i feel old when i think if im goin into year 9 in 5 years i will av left skool and gone 2 college and after that get a job get married and mabye have kids but then i think that i should shop thinkin bout that and start thinkin bout livin now wiv my nu metal and friends and rock fests and other stuff lik that smokin'

Fitch
you think too much wink

Dexx
hmmpf...must mean i'm old also.

Fitch
the herd effect....big grin

Dexx
no..i think it's called the grandpa effect stick out tongue

Fitch
if u're a grandpa now.......that meens that my grandpa is Yoda big grin

diegocala
you know you're getting old when...

You read a post like this and it makes you mad

Baylin
I've decided that I refuse to be old!

Dexx
But..old won't refuse to be you stick out tongue

ChinaNiki
that's the spirit baylinwink

Baylin
Old can run and take a hike! I might not be imune to time but I refuse to be old!!!!! yes yes

Godshinto
when I was your age I was finishing my Sophtmore year in High school.

buffymitch
Age is nothing but a number

keokiswahine
yes, mitch, and we don't deal with those kinds of numbers, do we.... roll eyes (sarcastic) Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

mechmoggy
I think we all know how mature I am at 26. big grin

Kes
You know you're old when someone you met when you were a kid. And use to ride a bike with gets married!

Ushgarak
Why were they riding your bike as a kid?

Kes
Bad sentence roll eyes (sarcastic) I'll EDIT it.

Ushgarak
Awww, but then I look silly...

Kes
big grin

Ushgarak
Errr... you just made that sentence nonsensical...

diegocala
Why Kes why would you do that?? laughing out loud

Baylin
You know you're old when you start putting things in the wrong places - like the milk in the cupboard and the coffee in the fridge....

Kes
Ah who cares?!

Ushgarak
Well, people who read it, maybe...

Kes
Its understandable right? See I met her when she moved to my building. I was riding my bike and, while her parents moved the stuff, she was riding hers. We talked and became friends. A few days later she met my sister. Since she was 14 and I was 10 she started hanging out with my sister and her friends. Know she basiclly considers my mom a 2nd mother and is the godmother of my cousins daughter. And just got married!

Ushgarak
It's the full stop that confuses things... anyway, you aren;t old, you are tiny!

diegocala
I understood it Kes!

Ushgarak
Crawler.

Kes
Ush> I'm not that tiny embarrasment
diegocala>Thank you smile

Ushgarak
Yeah, tiny and young...

Kes
I'll take the young wink

Ushgarak
Then we are agreed! Not old at all!

Kes
Older than I use to be lol roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
Ahh, well, we are all that!

diegocala
That I am laughing out loud

Baylin
I'm not! I've given up ageing!!

ChinaNiki
You know you're getting old when the kids you used to babysit are all college age.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.