The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chica16
I can't wait for this movie!!!!!!!! I think it will end up being the top movie of the year...

thereisnospoon1
yeah same, but the question is, which will be the movie of the year, matrix revolutions or the return of the king?! saying this in a lord of the rings forum i think you lot will say the return of the king.

undomiel
i think Return of the King will be the movie of the year

chica16
it will def make more money than matrix but it may not achieve that until 2004 since it's released near the middle of december

chica16
but as of right now finding nemo is the top movie of the year.. so.. uhh

billyboyd4ever
but we all kno ROTK will come out on top

Lucas Sucks!
its sad... is very difficult that LOTR would win best picture..... I wish that Jackson recieves a special recognition for his mayor work with the three films and recieve a special award for the bigest achievment in cinema history... i think he and his crew deserves it.

undomiel
ya they really do

billyboyd4ever
totally, and i hope it gets best picture or someone gets like best supporting actor or something, plus special effects always special effects!!! because this wa sone the hardest, best things ever achieved in the history of cinema

chica16
it better get somethin from those douches at the academy

ronares
if return of the king at least dosent win best movie/director at any film awards for that matter, the world must be screwed up. it is a crime that the two towers didnt winthese awards either. if ROTK dosent, the oscars must be fixed!

chica16
atleast we know it will win best picture at the mtv movie awards lol... mtv's all about lotr

pinksuezo
the oscars r fixed. fotr didnt win cus it was a fantasy movie, ttt didnt win cus its a "middle section" of a story, but i hope rotk wins and pj gets recognition as best director for the massive effort he undertook.

chica16
me too

billyboyd4ever
yea...and theres an oscar for "nest adaptation of a book" ROTK might be deserving of that too!

billyboyd4ever
**best

chica16
what makes me sad though is, after i see ROTK and all the dvds are out and the extended of ROTK... what will do???? what will i talk about ??? what will i live for?? lol i hope in like 20 years they do like star wars and re-release all the movies in theaters

undomiel
they are making the Hobbit in 2006

chica16
are you positive?? or have you seen that fake trailer on kazaa??

GABRIEL05
Keep hope alive Chica. The series will live on... in your heart

chica16
lol yay

pinksuezo
after theyre all out on dvd, ima sit down one day and watch all 3 xtended versions one after the other, and i wont stop even if my eyes fall out.

undomiel
I saw the trailer
and it was real
it said it was coming out in 2006 and Peter Jackson is directing it and Ian Holm, Ian McKellen, and Andy Serkis are going to be in it
I dont know about the rest of the cast

turin
there isnt a hobbit movie coming out anytime soon. we would here about the production of it if it is far enough along for a trailer. I have seen a cleaver trailer made by some fan but just seeing shots from the LOTR movies i hope would tip people off to it being fake.

billyboyd4ever
that really sucks...if they dont end up making a hobbit im gonna die!!! wacko

Mormegil
So will I, billyboyd4ever, so will I...

But anyway, did anyone see those trailers for The Return of the King? I saw one, and it ROCKED! Granted it was only, like... an inch and a half vertical and 4 inches horizontal on my screen, and the audio was so bad I could barely make out a word they said. But, even though it was like that, it was still AWESOME!! But then, after I had the window with the trailer open for, like, 12 hours, the window closed for some reason and I couldn't get it back. Fortunately, however, I had already copied down each and every word spoken into a script-like format and taken screen-shots of the coolest-looking scenes. But I still miss the trailer that got away...

Cleopatra
lightsout.bla-bla.com/gallery/3/rotk_trailer_hi.mov

Mormegil
I know, i was just there and I just watched it, like... five times, or something... I lost track through all the excitement!

CaptainHaldir
WHY! WHY are they tormenting us!?!?!?!? I watched the lights out- blah blah.com one but i missed theonering.net one Its really sad. I heard they were different.... anyone in here that saw both? which one was a better spoiler? I just got shudders watching theoden king talking to eowyn and watch gandalf say this was the last battle for our time.... then seeing him confront the huge nazgul king.... *jitters*

this world was truly blessed when professer tolkien began writing in the world war...

i always wonder if tolkien would admire and like these movies that were beautifully done by peter jackson and others...

chica16
me and my friends are gonna do that too... my brain will turn to mush lol

chica16
and the trailer's awesome i keep watching it over and over and over....

Nefertite
Where did you find the TRAILER???

ronares
too right man. he is obviously a cinematic genius to pull this off, and in the way he done it.

pinksuezo
his other movies, though...lol theyre horrible.

chica, that gona b a good day.

chica16
me so excited!!!

Smeagol
EVERYONE: THE TRAILER IS ON KAZAA!!! I DOWNLOADED IT!!!!

chica16
HEHE!! TRAILERS FOR EVERYONE!!!

Mormegil
Chica, Why did you change you Signature? I mean, I know that Gandalf said that in the Trailer, but I loved that "One Elf to rule them all..." thing! The first time I saw that, I laughed SO hard!

turin
well i got the trailer from kazaa, but i had heard that this isnt the actual trailer. this is part of the 10 preview that will be on the Two Towers dvd. cant quote where i heard that but either way we are going to get two looks at it here in a few weeks.

Smeagol
The 10 minute preview on the DVD is behind the scenses stuff as well, don't forget...

chica16
hey we still got to see it before other people though so that's exciting lol

Smeagol
Yup. have you seen the ROTK game trailer? It's a mini-epic. I can't wait to buy the game - there's an hour of ROTK movie footage on it, and it's out a whole month before the film... *drools*

fini
REALLY???????????????????????????

Smeagol
Would I lie? No. I am faithful to all LOTR fans. Just you wait and see... Xbox, Gamecube, PS2, PC, Gameboy... *drools*

turin
true, the game looks awesome. I cant waite for it either. There is actually a lot of games coming out based on LOTR and the Hobbit. It kind of surprises that if this game is like the first one that they have footage from the movie in it, but then again it makes it more sale-able.

Smeagol
DON'T buy The Treason Of Isengard. It looks pathetic. The developers making it say it's based on the book, but you can see they're influenced by the film. It'll be crap.

turin
ya i was kind of thinking that myself. The same people did fellowship of the ring and it was an aweful game, but i was thinking that treason of isengard was looking better then fellowship. Who knows, maybe i will waite a while and by it used.

lotrlover7000
sup yal

Smeagol
Did you know?: ROTK is an expected 210 mins long. That's 3 and a half hours. Wait 'til the extended ROTK DVD... *drools*

coolmovies
I love return of the king its the best film ever made . Really epic and breathtaking

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.