Will Anikan be cooler in Ep. III because he's joinde the Dark Side

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

scifigunslinger
Do you guys think Ani will be cooler as a young Vader?

GABRIEL05
Hopefully he won't be the ultra emotional little beeotch he was in episode II

Rogue Jedi
hell, yes. he is gonna be hard core.

JediOasis
I can't wait to see a young Vader in action, even without the armor I think it'll be great to see. Not that I didn't like Anakin in EP I and II but Vader is iconic and seeing him on screen for the first time in 20 years will be cool.

Mist
yeah, cool

queeq
I hope he is gonna be cooler. But that pic I saw of him with the longish hair which made him look like a girl .... I dunno. He SHOULD be cooler.

imhotep
Hayden Christensen is always better portraying dark carachters, and dark caracters always have more carisma, so I guess he'll be very cool indeed.

queeq
YAYY!!

Corran
He's gotta be cooler, he wasn't particularly cool in EP II, barely cooler than Luke in EP IV.

grifta
Hayden I think did a good job in EP II, he isn't dark, he is nice just haunted by his past. What Anakin is all about, Anakin isn't trully evil he just strayed for most of his life, and Hayden is doing a good job of it, I don't like his voice that is the only thing.

queeq
In EPII he played a spoiled, whining brat. What's cool about that?

Rogue Jedi
he wasnt spoiled, he had a lot to cope with. the dreams of his mother, his feelings for padme, the need to prove himself as the chosen one, not to mention the usual amount of stress a padawan in training has to deal with.

finti
still he was a whining brat

Rogue Jedi
id like to see how you or i or anyone else here would have handled all that pressure.

queeq
Come over and I'll show you.

Seems like Luke handled the death of his aunt and uncle fairly well. PLUS Anakin was VERY convinced of his powers and felt he was almost a god being so powerful. That's the point.

Rogue Jedi
come over and you will show me? whatever. what does luke have to do with this thread? you are straying from the topic at hand.

finti
well luke was a wheining brat as well as Anakin, I do hope Anakin comes out more as a bad ass in this one

queeq
He better. He was in the OT.

Comparisons to Luke are afir for two reasons: 1) they're related, 2) they're both SW. To lose a familymember can be dealt with in another way. Which is the point of the PT: showing what choices Anakin made that made him Vader. The OT shows what choices Luke makes.

Ushgarak
And geez, Luke was whiny enough without has father having to be WORSE...

Rogue Jedi
luke was a bit whiny in 4 & 5, but not in 6. by that time, he was nearly a fully trained jedi, and there was no trace of his previous whining since he had matured. anakin had been training for about 10 years. whiny? maybe angry, confused, full of angst, but not whiny.

Captain REX
Now we see where Luke gets it all from... laughing out loud

And actually, I think Anakin could be spoiled. Everyone's looking to him like "Oh look, it's the Chosen One, the only kid to ever start training at 10 years old."

queeq
Anakin not whiny?????? Here's a few quotes for ya: "He's holding me back!", "It's not fair!", "Well, I should be (i.e. all powerful)". Sounds whiny enough to me.

And I agree Rex, It would be hard, but he knows that he is good as well, that is part of the problem. It's not like he's pressured to live up to some expectations. He KNOWS and FEELS he's good, that's why he becomes arrogant.

Rogue Jedi
theres a difference between arrogant and whiny.

finti
sometimes they combine

imhotep
Well Rogue, we know that the character is "suposed" to be this angry, confused and full of angst person. Unfortunately, in the movies, he comes out really whiny. It's just bad acting, bad dialogues and generaly screwing up what was a really deep and emotionaly disturbed character.

Leog14
Anakin is GONNA KICK ASS, CHOPPIN MAD PEOPLE'S HEAD OFF WITH THE SWIFT OF HIS SWORD. PROBABLY EVEN BETTER THAN THE OLDER DARTH VADER WHO LOST AGAINST LUKE.

Captain REX
Duh, he's only 20 something in Episode III. By ROTJ he's getting rusty...literally. He's part machine after all. wink

queeq
Good points, imhotep. I agree.

And Leog14, we were talking about what we KNOW of Anakin. We don't know anything about the way he acts in EPIII.

Captain REX
And you know why?

*waits for answer*

Rogue Jedi
because the movie has not been released yet? *waits for confirmation as drumroll starts*

Captain REX
That's... *opens the envelope* Correct! You win 1 bazillion dollars in chocolate!

CaptainInsano
See Hayden christienson or however you spell his name is such a SHITTY actor! thats the bottom line there is no way that Anakin could be cool, ever.

KidRock
are you saying obi 1 was not holding him back??? look at him after all he was being held back.

Rogue Jedi
chocolate? dammit!!! i am on a diet!!!!! oh, well, ok.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.