Has anybody actually made a movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tired Hiker
I made a student film in college. It was called 'Cheese and Peppers' and was a ten minute comedy about why you shouldn't stiff the pizza delivery guy. I got an A on it. Anyone else? I'd like to hear about it?

Godshinto
I have written a few scripts a few for student films and made a few plays. I've gotten quite good at it. I've also done a whole crap load of proof reading scripts for people I am a speed reader.

Metroplex
my brother and his friends write scripts. They are making their own movie too. Kept it a secret from me but from what i heard its a funny movie. Comic book action too.

Godshinto
I make a reasonalby good living I don't need to persue writting but it is deffinetly one of my favorite hobbies.

Tired Hiker
Yeah, I love writing too. Never sold anything, but it's not about that for me.

VampirePrincess
Eventually I will have too since I am in media arts and animation. Actually I meet a few producers in animation department. One of my teacher is an idependent producer and does traditional animation. He just finished a project that took him five years to do all on his own. He is pretty cool.

Anyway eventually I will get into creating my own animation films in school. Some of the requirements of the course is to create a few short films and even gaming as well.

Tired Hiker
You're so cool, VP. Stick with that stuff if it's what you are into. A lot of fun jobs will surface for you I'm sure. wink

VampirePrincess
I am cool! Thanks smile

Oh yeah I know the field pretty weel since the two years I been working to get into the college. Its a great field of work... More then just movie making... You can get into criminal law and all types of stuff. Its amazing.

Tired Hiker
thumb up Sweet right on! I was a film major, well actually it was called Teledramatic Arts and Technology, basically I was a film major and now I'm shooting news and I never thought I'd love it, but I do. I have definately found something I'm good at and enjoy.

VampirePrincess
Hey thats awsome! I am bascly heading for an independent root and teaching as well... Maybe in college for maybe in highschool for art or something. I might head for criminal law... I might like to animate crime scenes for court or something like that. That would be a great interest for me.

Also making my ideas into film will be another dream!

Godshinto
Hey Tired Hiker stop hitting on Vampire Princess unless you want her to give you a permanent hickie. When I was going to RIT my roomate was a graphic engineer major and he was always working on a engineering graphic design project.

Tired Hiker
guilty love laughing out loud

Fitch
never made one,probably never will...

VampirePrincess
embarrasment

Well I gues I am flattered! lol

Graphic Design was something I could have gotten into as well. Its a good carreer... I am taking one class with a few graphic design students. Kind of interesting I most say!

Fitch
graphic design I also like.my summer job is makeing some kind of publicity panels(designing them).it's nice,but I'm not so sure I could do it all my life..

VampirePrincess
I am going to learn the history of graphic design and just probably draw some design. I did in school a little for Computer Graphics... I wish I kept them. Advertising is a great field to go into.

Fitch
it's exciting and pretty interesting.It's a great feeling to walk on a street and say : "that was designed by me!"

Captain REX
I was planning on making a Matrix-type film with my friends, their martial arts, and my digital camcorder. Using props (airsoft guns, plugs, etc.) and special fx (mainly slow-mo), we think it should be pretty cool. Part of the costuming is replicas of Agent and Neo glasses.

Alias Neo
That sounds cool cool

Godshinto
I've done some minor editing to digital master pieces so I can't concider myself an expert but I know it was hard work doing just an hour long movie do you know what kind of software you are going to use Captin REX. I would probably use the software that came with my Digital Camcorder it's Ulead software it works pretty well but it's not great for adding special effects.

Tired Hiker
My pals down in LA made a ten minute short film called Stranded. You can check out the site at strandedfilm.com. They've won two festivals for best short film, actually shot on a digital 8 minicam. They made it for 650 bucks. It's a funny space movie about two bounty hunters who crash land on some planet and have to survive. Their nitch is that the dialouge sounds quasi 'Clerks'. Sort of like Jay and Silent Bob go to space.

Godshinto
I have been meaning to make my own movie I have the hardware I have the software but where can I find good help these days. Trying to find those Hollywod is kind of hard here in Buffalo, NY I wish we had a bigger theater district but we don't. We've got some lage colleges here but acting doesn't seem to be a big course of study. And half of my freinds are bearly literate so they're no help and the other half are geeks and they can't act for Shit. So what do I do where can I find good help?

Tired Hiker
You could make a movie about barely literate people who are geeks and can't act! Seriously, one thing I learned in film school is only write what you know. That's why I made my student film on pizza delivery since I worked in the pizza industry for many many years. I was able to use the restaurant I worked in as well as the uniforms, the pizza delivery bags, and it was all for free since I worked there and my boss was cool. If you can come up with an idea where your friends can be themselves then it lessens the worry about poor acting since they won't have to really act all that much. Think of what you've got, where your parents work, where your friends work, the geography in your area etc. Come up with a story based on what you've got and what you know and it might all come together. Keep your friends in mind that hang out with you the most. Good help is hard to find when everyone you know has full time jobs. Otherwise, if you've got some money, many people will easily find the time to help you if they get paid, but I know I couldn't afford to do that at this point in time. Sounds like you've got the proper post production software and hardware which is a huge necessity you've already taken care of. Man, I wish you lived by me because it sounds like I've got what you need and you've got what I need. I don't even own a computer.

Godshinto
Yhea wrong coast line last year I lived in cali. it's where I used to work in Silicon Valley for Hewlet Packard. I used to live in Grass Valley Sacremento. I loved it but it wasn't meant to be a month after I got there they started laying off. Ehhh what are you going to do.

Godshinto
I was planning on paying them. What I do have is a large budget, a pretty expensive camera, and I have a boom and sound equipment. My best freinds GF works at a prop department so free costumes and free props. All I need is a story line and like I said before HELP. I even have sponsers that are willing to pay into the busdget and allow shooting at their businesses. If you have watched the movie Bruce Almighty you know what we have to work with the Niagra Falls and a nice waterfront. My carclub said that we can use their cars for the movie so that's atleast 65 high end pimped all Amercan cars mostly Mustangs.

hayden's minx
My buds and I once made a skating one which just involved us doing really lame stuff like jumping off garages. Very Infantile.

KidRock
me and my friends do a lot of fighting scenes using swords and such. Its actually pretty cool considering we take WEEKS and WEEKS practicing the choreography and so our fights look pretty cool.

Corran
I made a couple of home movies with an ex-girlfriend, but not the sort of stuff you would show others.

Godshinto
That's the kind of stuff that you show people right before they die so they have this bad image in their head. torture then killl evil face laughing out loud

Tired Hiker
My buds and I used to make the most horrific fight scenes with the use of too much blood. We've tried using everything for blood, ketchup, corn syrup and dye, but I liked using cool aid the best because you could make a sh!t load of it and it tasted good for those getting punched in the mouth and spraying it all over scenes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.