The Future is Wild

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain REX
'The Future is Wild' is a show on Animal Planet, the animal-dedicated channel that has ties with the Discovery channel because it's broadcasted by the same people.

Anyways, the show is pretty interesting, despite some of it being a little farfetched. It deals with what animals might evolve into 50 million, 100 million, and 200 million years from now.

Sometime during the 21st century, humans are forced to leave Earth because of some reason that I can't remember right now. They send probes to planet Earth to check out how things are going on their old homeworld. The battery in the probe can last millions of years and can be recharged by fellow probes that arrive every so often. It flies around Earth and look at the strange and exciting animals that have evolved from the animals of the 21st century. It also looks at how the Earth has changed, noting that New York has turned into a desert that has daily temperatures of 120 degrees, and how a chunk of Africa has broken off and merged with India, turning Calcutta into an almost uninhabitable swamp land.

While you may not believe in evolution or think the creatures they say might be future evolutions are too farfetched, the creatures look like things from sci-fi films and are quite cool...well, to someone like me anyway.

Here's the link for more info, as well as viewing the creatures looked at during the show.

Animal Planet: The Future is Wild

Godshinto
I remember seeing the Baboons they look cool though knowing that we decended from monkeys, why didn't the baboons start evolving from monkeys to human like creatures and start walking upright. Good show though I like watching it it's a creative show.

Fitch
nic show......puts you to think a bit more...

DemonicGambit
I like the show its cool

ChinaNiki
I saw part of an episode that said the smartest creatures on the planet were going to be land squid next time around eek! laughing out loud

happy kine
i saw the one where it sait in 100 million years paris will be under water... strange show indeed... fairly optimistic that hmans are still around 100 million years and in another solar system... that would be neat

DemonicGambit
I remember that about the squid. I was telling people an' they jus' thought I was crazy

Captain REX
They did say that in the show. The Squiddons or something like that were supposed to be the smartest animals since the humans left.

Fitch
didn't knew that...freeky

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.