Vader and Leia

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Princess_Leia
I know that Vader finds out he has a daughter, but does he know the daughter is Leia?cause he doesn't say her name, just 'u have a sister' u know so does he realise the Princess who he tortured was his daughter?

Ushgarak
We really don't know. I think that will have to be forever left to speculation.

Corran
I think he did no know. But that is just me speculating.

Rogue Jedi
i think he did know in ep.6, but not in ep.4 or 5.

finti
He learned about her in ep VI when Luke was hiding.
"Sister! So...you have a twin sister. Your feelings have now betrayed her, too. Obi-Wan was wise to hide her from me. Now his failure
is complete. If you will not turn to the dark side, then perhaps she will."

he also refere to her only as sister when he was dying so I guess Vader didnt know the identity of his daughtrer

Princess_Leia
Yeh, like I know he knew of her in ep6 but I didn't think he actually knew it was Leia. I think maybe that was due to the fact she was really thrown in as an after thought, maybe if there was more about her and Vader as well as him and Luke we'd know but just after thinking about that scene I got the feeling as he never said her name and acted like he didn't know so I believe he never realised Leia was his daughter until maybe after he died and Obi filled him in big grin

imhotep
I believe that when the realisation of the truth setlles in, through Luke he discovers who the sister is. I mean, he "sees" her in Luke's mind right? He has strong felings for Leia, he must have been thinking of Leias and not of a "sister" generically. I have a brother and when I think of him it's not as my brother but as the person he is...

finti
I guess Vader picks up on Lukes attempt to hide the fact that among his friends there is a sister, cause Vader starts out with Lukes feelings about his friends.
"Give yourself to the dark side. It is the only way you can save your friends. Yes, your thoughts betray you. Your feelings for them are strong. Especially for..."

Princess_Leia
Possibly just the way the scene was written it sounded like he didn't realise it was Leia. You'd think that he should of told Luke to tell her he was sorry, about the torture thing and all when he was dying as well as telling her Luke was right. I think maybe it was just the way the scene was written and since the films where about Luke and Vader they probably weren't too bothered about the relationship between Vader and Leia.

Also this is a different thing but I was reading a thread on another board where someone mentioned that Lucas got a lot of flack for the character of Leia, I think it was like something about the way she was such a strong woman and all but I wasn't born then so if anyone remembers about what was actually said that would be helpful and I'm sorry I know this is a bit off topic but if anyone knew it would be great.

Lyn
I don't know anything about that Leia, sorry...wasn't born then either stick out tongue
But I always kind of wondered, you know at the end of ROTJ when Luke turns and sees Obi-Wan, Anakin and Yoda (as ghosts) standing together, smiling. Then Leia comes up behind him and she doesnt see them. I always wondered if like Anakin would then be able to look upon Leia as his daughter for the first time, rather than the annoying rebel she'd always been to him.
Get me??

Princess_Leia
Yeh but I think the thing with Leia is the fact that they just really threw her in at the end so nothing was really developed you know. Possibly he did look at her as his daughter then maybe but in the films it's more really Luke/Vader so we don't know much about Vader's thoughts on Leia. I'd say maybe once he died he knew so probably if he looked over them then he'd see her as a daughter even though they never had any relationship.....apart from the torture thing wacko

Capt_Fantastic
I think by the time he's dying he'd figured it out. He told Luke to tell his sister he was right about him. Him being Vader. So he was telling Luke to tell Leia that he(Luke) had been right about him(their father) Don't forget the scene in the Ewok village where Luke reveals everything to Leia. About them being brother and sister and about Vader being their father, etc. This is the scene where Luke tells Leia he has to confront Vader and not to worry, that he can feel the goodness in him. This is what Vader is telling Luke to tell Leia he was right about.

Princess_Leia
Oh I know Vader did know he had a daughter obviously cause of what he said to Luke but at the time of his death, i mean did he actually know the daughter was the rebel Princess he'd tortured you know. Cause he never says her name, just refers to her as 'sister' so i was never sure if until after he dies does he knows Leia's identity.

finti
I dont thik Vader knew the identity of his daughter. "tell your sister you were right" You use the name of your children while speaking about them so............ Or at least that is what I find normal

Lyn
Yeah, I would have liked it more if they had shown something between Vader and Leia, just because she wasnt a jedi at the time doesnt mean she wasnt worth knowing, get me??
Anyway I agree with all of you's...and with what you say finti-about Vader referring to Leia as "your sister"...

Princess_Leia
That's what made me think he didn't know it was her, as he refers to her as 'sister'. I don't think it was just cause she wasn't jedi he didnt wanna know her, just he didn't know about her in time and the films seem more concerned with Luke and Vader and Leia was pretty much an after thought the writers threw in so there wasn't time to make a relationship or whatever. I still don't think he knew it was her though, til he died.

finti
and she was kind of the only woman in SW

Lyn
I know!! That sucks...thumb down

finti
well women sometimes ruin good action flicks

Princess_Leia
Really? well i'm assuming your a guy finti (if ur not i'm really sorry!) but if u are would u really prefer no Padme? cause i think most guys quite like her............ laughing out loud

Well I'm sure Leia wasn't the only girl in the entire universe though!

finti
I am a guy or else I must have put a norse godess as a title

yerssot
or recently had an operation?

finti
nah, just realised this thread belongs to the IV-Vi forum

yerssot
"well; we didn't dressed up for nothing..."
I mean... good sight fint!

finti
i am a good sight yes

Lyn
Some girls do, perhaps...but not the Skywalker chicks.

Princess_Leia
Well Leia was a great character. Padme is alright, she could have been really good but i think they've ruined her. I think it's really the romance that ruined her character for me anyway.Just didn't feel any chemistry and the romance was the reason she's there so that kinda screwed it up for me.so yeh i find her kinda boring cause she's really just there to get knocked up by Anakin! It's a pity cause she had the potential to be a good character but i think they've tried to make her too much like Leia, but she doesn't have the same thing about her Leia had that made her so cool. Nice costumes though.
They should just make a movie all about Obi Wan! He's the best one in it! and maybe Yoda too! The adventures of Obi and Yoda!

Lyn
Obi and Yoda laughing
I think they have made Padme her own character. I mean GL made sure to show similarities between Leia and Padme; like beauty, intelligence, stubborness, being able to fight for themselves and having an impact politically (I mean they are Mother and Daughter) but he also ensured that they were seen as 2 totally different people.
Leia had a romantic side-story too, it was just the fact that it spanned over 3 films and her and Han werent all "lovey-dovey".
Padme's romance with Anakin is an entire film, perhaps because the period they live in allows "time" for the mushiness, whereas with Han and Leia it was a different story.
And I SOOOO have to agree with you Leia, Padme does have some really really really nice clothes. Leia does too but again the times they lived in were very different. Fashion changed!! happy

finti
but would you wear clothes like that Lyn?

Princess_Leia
I loved her clothes! I wish we lived in a world where we could wear clothes like that! I think Padme is a good enough character but I don't feel she had the same spark as Leia had, I don't mean they should be exactly the same but I just didn't feel she had the fire that Leia had that made her great. And again i don't feel the romance should be exactly the same as Leia and Han's but I just felt it wasn't done very well, maybe if they had less love scenes with Anakin acting like a stalker with chessy chat up lines but have a few that are really well done and really powerful but i still didn't feel the chemistry, I think it was more so Natalie, Hayden seemed to make an effort but she just seemed so bored thro out the whole thing.

Lyn
I get where you're coming from Leia thumb up
I wish we could wear clothes like that too, and yes finti...if they fit me and looked as nice on me as they did on her stick out tongue I'd wear them.
It must be so much fun for NP, to get to dress up like that all the time.

Rogue Jedi
i like qui gon's clothes.

finti
he looks like a scarecrow

Lyn
I like the Jedi cloaks.

Princess_Leia
after watching films like star wars and lotr i keep thinking, 'damn, my clothes are so boring!'. I want to act when I'm older so my favourite kind of parts would be ones where u get to dress up like that. it would be so cool! and yeh Natalie's so lucky! I wonder which outfit is her favourite? which one do u like best Lyn?

Princess_Leia
and the cloaks are cool aren't they?

Lyn
They are cool thumb up
Um...my favourite...I LUV the one she wears when the 2 of them kiss for the first time, the "wispy" one without the back.
And the yellow one in the fields is nice...I like all of them Leia laughing

Ushgarak
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm... backless clothes...

(drifts into dreamland)

Princess_Leia
Yeh me too! I love both of those dresses! I'm the same though I loved them all! can't wait to see if the clothes are as nice in ep3.

finti
the clothes aint what I look for in SW, maybe the third time around but...........

Lyn
I agree Leia, except Padme will be pregnant in Ep3, she'll be wearing clothes to hide it.
laughing Honestly Ush...
And finti, its not the ONLY thing I like about SW but it is great. You guys can talk about the action thing and us chickies can discuss the mad costumes!!

finti
I hear ya

Lyn
happy
I love SW as a whole. I like the story, the characters, the costumes, the affects, the action even and I LUV the music!!

Princess_Leia
My favourite thing about Star Wars in Obi Wan!!!!!!! I LOVE him!! Ewan McGregor is such a great actor and he's gorgeous which is good too! But I like the whole thing too, there just cool movies overall.

Lyn
Obi-Wan is really cool, so is Ewan. I liked the exchanges he had with Anakin. Like you know when they're at Padme's apartment and they're outside talking.
And Obi-Wan's all like...."You're using her as bait"...and then Anakin goes on about how she'll be safe because he can sense everything going on in that room, then Obi-Wan comments on his abilities not being good enough or whatever.
And Anakin's like...."And yours are?"....
"Possibly"....I LUV THAT BIT!!
Plus Ewan's good too, I liked him in Moulin Rouge, he was really good in that. Have you seen his new film, Down With Love, with Renee Zelwegger ??

Princess_Leia
I love Obi Wan, I think he's such a cool character, I love his sarcasm.i liked the
'' We're here to rescue you''
''good job'' part, that was so funny! I also like how dedicated he is and he's just plain cool, like he doesn't try to be but he just is.
Ewan was great in Moulin Rouge! What cud be better than a singing jedi? He was just so cute and sweet in it, like as some critic described him 'like a happy labrador puppy'. He had great chemistry with Nicole Kidman but he seemed so much younger than her, not that she looked old but she just seems really mature woman and he seemed so young if that makes any sense.
Down with Love isn't out here yet but i think it might be out next month so i'll definetley go see it. He's in just a towel in one scene so can't wait for that part! The film looks really funny so i say it'll be good

Lyn
Yeah that bit is really funny, and the part where he's falling through Corus... anyways, and Anakin rescues him with the ship.
"What took you so long?"
"Oh you know Master, I couldn't find a speeder that I liked." laughing

He did seem young in Moulin Rouge but they did have some great chemistry and he was funny in parts too. I watched it with my Dad who, let's be frank prefers films where they don't really say much they just blow stuff up, and he liked it!! He thought Ewan was funny!!

Down with Love isn't out here yet either and I'll probably have to wait a while to see it so... sad

Obi-Wan...the Jedi who does it all!!! happy

DarthWing
I think Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader didn't know that Leia was his daughter until after he died. Because when he appeared in front of Luke and Leia. That's when I think he knew cause he smiled at Luke and Leia, not just Luke. big grin

confused How can I get a signature? ninja

Lyn
I pretty much agree with you DarthWing.
About the signature, as you can tell mine isn't a "personal" one, like I didn't make it. But if you mean like finti's for example, I'm not too sure. I read on another thread that there was someone who made them for you but I don't know. Ask one of the moderators.
Sorry... sad

yerssot
darthwing: ask either: godshinto, he's currently doing the most sigs smile

ah, and I don't think he knew... he always refered to her in ROTK as "your sister", never as "leia"
and appearing to the both of them isn't difficult since Luke was there an he at least had to smile to him too wink

Ushgarak
Mmmmm... backless clothes still...

finti
big grin

Lyn
laughing Ush, you crack me up

Gundark
finti, I don't believe you ! How can you say Qui Gon looked like a scarecrow ? He wore standard Jedi garb....you broke my heart, man...I think Qui Gon was the epitome of a Jedi....

finti
"rain on the scarecrow
blood on the plow" -John Cougar Mellencamp

Lyn
I thought he played a Jedi well

finti
I agree with Liams portrayal of a jedi was great , doesnt hide the fact that he looked like a scarecrow though

yerssot
what makes you say that?

finti
take a look at him

yerssot
I did, a "normal"... longhaird jedi

Lyn
So his hair was a little bit long, he didn't look like a scarecrow...much stick out tongue wink

Gundark
Get out of town, you guys....he was a HUNK !!!!

*faints girlishly*

Lyn
laughing
He was one cool Jedi happy

finti
Now tell me there aint similarities

http://www.heather-music-festival.co.uk/Scarecrw/sf2002/027.jpg

Princess_Leia
I actually see what u mean! There is a resemblance!Qui Gon was cool though, but i was kinda paying more attention to Obi Wan.......... whistle

Lyn
laughing Gees finti...stick out tongue
Exactly Leia, wink

Princess_Leia
I didn't think u liked Obi Wan like that Lyn? I thought u just thought he was cool.

Lyn
He was cool, he was funny!!

Princess_Leia
I know I just meant when I said I was paying more attention to Obi part of it was drooling over him stick out tongue and I didn't think u liked him like that that.

Lyn
Oh.. laughing
I knew you meant it like that... I don't feel the same way about him but he is pretty spunky.

Vader
One day Leia will turn to the dark side, you'll see. After all she is my daughter.

Lyn
laughing
I wish they'd made more of her being a Jedi...

mephistodesigns
I do to Lyn!
But I think it makes sense the way they handled it in EU, i like that she's political like there mom and lukes uhhh...jedi-ical like their dad.

man thats a dumb joke, I apologize people, thats on a Jar-Jar level...never should have taken it there. Sorry.

Lyn
It was fine...thumb up
I see what you mean yeah, they made her like Padme...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.