best kids programme

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Korri
wots ur favourite kids programme?

i like Postman Pat n Paddington

Kes
blink

Alias Neo
Ed,Edd and eddy

Dexx
i like dexter's lab and johny bravo stick out tongue

mechmoggy
Without a doubt, it has to be DangerMouse, I even have 2 DVD's of that show....and I'm 26. embarrasment

mechmoggy
Here's the great mouse himself.....

Kes
blink

mechmoggy
And his trusty side-kick Penfold....

"Crikey Chief!!" laughing out loud

mechmoggy
And their arch-nemesis Baron Greenback...

(Interesting note - BG's first name is Silus)

Kes
Damn this is sad. The only cartoons I liked watching were Thundercats and Defenders of the Earth. And those stoped airing along time ago. Oh and the X-men but those haven't passed for some time too embarrasment

mechmoggy
Thundercats were great!

Funny thing - We have a thing at work that if something heavy has to be lifted, the lads always say, "give it a bit of Mumrah", meaning they shout it like he did in the cartoon as they move the heavy thing. It always makes me laugh.

*Waves hand, a la Obi-wan*

You will all go out and buy Dangermouse DVD's....

Kes
Yeh Thundercats rock
lol

Baylin
Wow I remember rushing home from school for Thundercats.
I also loved Dog Tanion and the 3 Muskerhounds, Danger Mouse. My fav when I was really little Jamie and the Magic Torch.

mechmoggy
Jaaaamie, Jaaaamie, Jaaaaamie and his magic torch!

Thundercats, HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

diegocala
Stripperella

Tired Hiker
Jatara was hot for a thunder cat! I used to watch Johnny Quest, Hong Kong Fooie, Fang Face, Turbo Teen, I even remember a harlem globe trotters cartoon where they drove around in a giant bus that had a basket ball court on it. One of my favorite cartoons from back in the day was Goldie Gold and Action Jack. I can still watch most of these old cartoons on Boomerang. If you can get cartoon network's Boomerang, it's totally worth the extra bucks. They show all the classics.

diegocala
Hey Tired, don't they just show Hanna Barbara toons on Boomerang still? Or have they branched out?

wicker_man
My Fav's were as follows:
Thundercats
Dogtanian (sp)
Escape From Jupiter
Knightmare
Ghostbusters (The First Incarnation)
Teeage Mutant Ninja Turtles (The First Incarnation Also)
The Chronicles of Narnia
Count Duckula
Trap Door
Danger Mouse

Im sure more will grace these pages as i remember them.

Tired Hiker
Hmm, now that I think about it, I guess they are all Hanna Barbera. Never noticed that! I know they show all the Scooby Doos, Johnny Quests, Goldie Gold and Action Jack, so I'm not sure if they branched out. Good question.

Ushgarak
"Master of Magic, Spells and illusion.... enemies crumble in fear and confusion... MANDRAKE! Defenders of the Earth!"

Gosh, that was silly. And what a pointless token strong black guy! But I still watched it...

Mech- good taste! "Si, Barone!"

Ushgarak
BTW- Knightmare on every night in the UK on Challenge- essential nostalgia watching! Groundbreaking show that it was!

wicker_man
Yeh i watch it also on that particular channel it roks along with The Crystal Maze.

Corran
Mech I am sorry but you are wrong, I agree Dangermouse was up there with the top shows but it was nothing on Bagpuss, I have the video still to prove it. What could be better that a saggy old cloth cat that was supposedly able to work out what old bits of junk that Emily found that needed reparing were. Now if you are a true bagpuss fan you will have worked out that Bagpuss mostly just sat there and let his friends tell stories and sing songs whilst identifying and repairing the item, thus making Bagpuss the best ever, he sat there and got all the credit and all in all he was just an old, saggy cloth cat. Baggy, and a bit loose at the seems. but Emily loved him.

mechmoggy
I loved Bagpuss too, I even have a toy one in our bedroom that does his roaring purr when squeezed. big grin

I also loved Bananaman, what a great character.

Ooh ooh! What about Henry's Cat, I thought that was top drawer stuff. Does anyone remember HC's arch nemesis? I know it. stick out tongue

Korri
clispin i guess u would pick fireman sam?

hayden's minx
Mars Mice and Rainbow.

mechmoggy
Gotta love Rainbow. cool

Corran
I used to go home a lunch-times just to watch rainbow.

Bananaman was great in the comics but I think they did not do him justice in the animations.

Now Rhubarb and custard was nearly as good as The Magic roundabout.

Kes
Funny I know I loved Thundercats! I know it rocked. But I dont remember their names. I remember very little actually. To young!
I remember watching in the morining so I probably wasn't in school yet. Does anyone know how old Thundercats is?

diegocala
Mid 80's I would say

Kes
well if thats right it explains why i remember so little roll eyes (sarcastic)

Baylin
From what I remember

The girl - Cheetara
Boss man - Liono
Strong one - Panthera

Cant remember any more than that

Kes
I remember that the leder was small and grew very fast. I remember the sward big grin and the way he called the others and that he used the sward to see. I remember 2little ones. Thats about it!
Hey I was born in 83! and I have a bad memory!

Ushgarak
You missed Tigra.

Tired Hiker
And don't for get Snarf!!!

"snarf snarf"

Ushgarak
Thundercats was actually all about repressed sexuality. That sword was so STAGGERINGLY phallic!

Kes
Phantom was cool in those cartoons! And the black panther! My cat is named after her kisa big grin
The Magician was my fave thou.

Kes
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
It's true, though.

And yes, Phantom was cool...

clispin
I loveds count duckula, I had forgotten about that, but i love fireman sam, postman pat, padington bear (the list goes on) spot, dotomon (which was a gaelic programme and i neva understood it but i watched it anyway) thunder birds, teenage mutant ninja turtles, the power rangers (lol), yogi bear, the flintstone, the jetsons well pretty much everything except the teletubbies.

clispin
YOU KNOW IT KORRI SEE ABOVE, LOL I HAVE A HUGE LIST.

OH AND YOU CANT FORGET THE SIMPSONS AND FUTURAMA. AND SUPERTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Godshinto
I have a nine month old niece at home during the week and her favorite show happens to be the "Wiggels" I have bought her movies of the wiggels

mechmoggy
What was that cartoon where the main character used to say stuff like, "Eyes of a hawk" and "Strength of the bear" etc.

I'm thinking Ranger something, but I can't remember....

hayden's minx
The best more recent one is Even Stevens.

hayden's minx
btw isn't it the wiggles? It involves 4 men dressing up in a different colour each and dancing around really homosexually. strange.

Kes
Sounds familiar! blink

mechmoggy
Ush will know it, we'll have to badger him when he gets here later. big grin

Godshinto
I don't know Beast Master or is it a cartoon

mechmoggy
It was a cartoon.

Star Ranger, no........lone star ranger, no.......dammit.

Kes
Give me sight beyond sight

Kes
Wow I had forgoten the glove he had!

Godshinto
Thundercats that's Leo

Kes
Lion-O if I'm not mistaken.

mechmoggy
Oh yes. cool

metamorphic
hey arnold ___ lol

Ushgarak
Mech, that's Bravestar.

ChinaNiki
anyone remember Ricochet Rabbit?

ya know "Ping, ping, ping...It's Ricochet Rabbit!"

Kes
I dont remember that name!What was it about?

Korri
awww clispin is just a big kid at heart!!

Korri
i am the same

Paddingtons classic fall lololol lmao

mechmoggy
It was like cowboys in space, if I remember correctly.

Kes
blink Then why do I remember that line?Oh well.

mechmoggy
I've just had a root around for some piccy's but I can't find any.

I'll look again in a bit....

Kes
Oh thanks smile

Ushgarak
You do not remember Bravestar and Tex Hex? Strength of a bear, the eyes of a hawk, the ears of a wolf and the speed of a pooomaaa (puma).

Kes
No. I remember the line but not the cartoons.

ChinaNiki
how about George of the Jungle

*sings "George, George, George of the jungle...watch out for that tree"

mechmoggy
I've looked Kes, but I can't find a single piccy of the show. embarrasment

Kes
embarrasment Damn messed Thanks man.

GroundedAgain
scooby doo! now i feel to goody two shoes............ BARNEY IS EVIL!!!!!!! i bet if you played those barney shows backwards they'd hypnatize you and make you a pyscho killer!!!

Dexx
oh..i hated (still do) scooby doo. I was watching it when my apendicites (or however u spell it) started. had to operate

mechmoggy
I loved Scooby Doo, hated Scrappy Doo.

wicker_man
Ive just thought of another show i loved as a child:
Batman The 60's live action version starring Adam West and Burt Ward.

Baylin
Wow yes I'd forgoten about the old Batman and Robin

ChinaNiki
Captain Caveman

DBZFan
Sailermoon.

Korri
awwwwww i like ur signature....Pikachu is quite cute smile

ObieTrice 26
Scooby Doo the movie had drug refferenceslaughing out loud,the most noticable 1 was at the beginning,when u saw that van,and there was smoke pouring out thru the windows and stuff,and u could here Scooby and Shagy gigling,simply hilarios!laughing out loud (however its spelt)

mechmoggy
They always had the munchies. cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.