Return of the King vs. Matrix Revolutions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chica16
Which movie will be bigger this year? Or will Finding Nemo have them both beat? hahaha

silver_tears
wow thats a tough question huh however i can say that ill see both of them more than once cuz damn theres hot guys in both love thats enough for me happy

chica16
lol LEGOLAS WEE

silver_tears
isnt he sexy i mean in FOTR hes walking through the forest where the elf witch lives and he has this light above his head witch makes him look like and angel *sighs* love so dreamy

chica16
i know and he's so hot in POTC

silver_tears
i so agree and hes such a hero saving the damsel (lucky *****) in distress i wish i was rescued by such a fine man however that was off topic so now ill jus post something on topic *drool* hell be so sexy in the return of the king

chica16
i know... they should make a movie all about legolas... just have him sitting in a chair ... striking different poses for 2 1/2 hours .. thats fine with me haha.. then have him strip down

silver_tears
preferibly(sp) topless oh yea *drools* that would do it for me

nopy
You two should take this coversation into a private room

nemo
return of the king defitely's going to be the biggest one this year.
but i wouldn't dismiss finding nemo thumb up stick out tongue

Godshinto
Alright this is a tough question because almost everyone here are going to see both movies and some more than once. I personaly will see the Matrix Revolution well over ten times most likely. and as for LOTR I will most likely see that 4 or 5 times. Finding Nemo is an alright movie but it's popularity is a little more than a fluke.

Dexx
revolutions will have way bigger winnings..no doubt

silver_tears
i jus thought of something nemo has more of a childrens base doesnt it while everyone loves matrix and lotr so i think theyll be really big themselvesbig grin

Godshinto
Have you seen modern cartoon movies some of them have more adult humor. They'll make a joke that a kid wouldn't understand but makes parents crack up that's how they get the parents to come to the movies I guess.

silver_tears
i agree with that its just that the advertising is more towards children they dont include the jokes there big grin oh well i still think both movies will be the best for the year big grin

chica16
yeah but the matrix reloaded was big for like two weeks and it dropped fast... both lotr movies so far have stayed up there for a while before dropping.. two towers is still like number 45 at the box office lol

silver_tears
ummm matrix was out for like over three months i think and i saw it like 5 times and each time the theater was almost packed eek! although i really loved lotr too love

chica16
Two Towers is going on month 8 right now though

My name is Neo9
i savor over the matrix, but rotk will have slight more audiences cuz of the pg-13 rating its probably gonna get.

chica16
yeah if matrix reloaded was rated pg-13 it would've made a lot more... i had to try at 3 diff theaters before i could get in haha

Tired Hiker
Return of the King will definately do better because RELOADED sucked and no one likes the Matrix anymore.

chica16
lotr is just awesome man, the battles are gonna be massive and its gonna be c rrrrrraaazy

LilyGinnyBlack
I say Return of the King! big grin I mean I hated The Matrix!!! It just seemed so stupid to me! Return of the King, like all the Lord of the Rings movies, will have the fans of both the books and the movies, while Matrix will only have movie fans!

nemo
return of the king is like the climax of the serious,
u could smell the anticipation in the air,
of course it's gonna be the biggest movie this year. roll eyes (sarcastic)

and finding nemo is not just for kids,
personally i feel that if it's not for return of the king, it might have a chance of an oscar best movie big grin

Smllfry247
Hopefully, ROTK!!!!!!! Definetly ROTK! I hate the Matrix and... well yeah!

Korri
Revolutions!Revolutions!Revolutions!Revolutions!Re
volutions!Revolutions!Revolutions!Revolutions!Revo
lutions!Revolutions!Revolutions!Revolutions!Revolu
tions!Revolutions!Revolutions!Revolutions!Revoluti
ons!Revolutions!Revolutions!Revolutions!Revolution
s!Revolutions!Revolutions!Revolutions!Revolutions!
s!Revolutions!Revolutions! big grin

chica16
k now that wasn't necessary... i honestly don't think revolutions will be as big as reloaded was because i think a lot of people were dissapointed... but still people will want to see what happens i guess.. who knows... BUT THERE'S NO QUESTION EVERYBODY WANTS TO SEE ROTK... even u matrix fans

silver_tears
there is really no need to bash either movie i liked both matrix and both lord of the rings however i really liked both stories and i dont think its necessary to diss the matrix thats ur opinion but if one day you make a movie as good as the matrix movies then you can diss it big grin and if ur gonna review a movie do it in the movie review forums i mean its a simple question isnt it i think both will do really well and ill see both movies much more than once maybe like 10 each!!!! happy

TheMerovingian
I'ma go for LOTRROTK. It'll be close though especially after Reloaded being such an awesome movie! Wonder which of the two's gonna get the most Nominations.

silver_tears
i so agree both were wicked and way cool also both had good looking guys in them love most important thing that is big grin

chica16
no no no i love matrix too i'm just saying some people were dissapointed but i think revolutions will be pretty big cause people will want to know how it ends..... the only way rotk won't be the big movie of the year is because its released in late dec. ... but ya never know

lukeyduckey
i have to go for Lord of the Rings becasue its the finale and im wetting mself waiting. Also im praying Sam dies, he plans on seducing Frodo and you know it

CptJackSparrow
I wanna say LOTR, because, personally, I like LOTR better than the Matrix, but also because LOTR is more of a legacy amongst a wider range of people than the Matrix. It's going to be intense either way. I can't wait to see it.

chica16
sam won't die..... what are you talkign about????

Korri
i wouldnt agree with ur 1st statement the guys in LOTR dont really do do anything 4 me but Revolutions on the other hand...oh ya love

and yes of coarse that is the most important thing Llaughing out loudL

ariwin
Honestly, as a result of what happened w/ the last Matrix, I really think RotK will do better...

I know that I'm really looking forward to RotK...not so much Matrix Revolutions...but I'll prob see both

wicker_man
Im not really a fan of the Matrix Series ( no offence intended to all those who do like it) so i will have to go for RotK as i do like The LotR saga so far.

chica16
if you like it so far you'lll lovvvve the last one

CaptainTrips
not fair to throw in the finding nemo deal because it automatically draws larger numbers to the box office at once..I.E..families go see this together...group buddies go see RotK together and g/f and b/f see matrix revolutions together...however, i believe that the matrix franchise blew it with reloaded..too much special effect and not enough good plot line..lets face it..when i leave the theater i remeber the special effects a week or two max..but if its a really good really well acted out scene that made your jaw drop...that's when i tell my friends.."dude you have GOT to see that"...i didnt get that with reloaded..i DID however get that with The Two Towers and that movie left me with a raging h*** on to see that final film..so logically i think Return of the King is going to conquer Revolutions..

chica16
yeah... i personally was disappointed with reloaded but i think there was no way they could top the first movie and achieve that same feeling you get the first time you watch it and you're like wtf.... but lord of the rings is simply AMAZING and once completed will be the best series of our time i can't wait!!!!

Hypernova
I think Return of the King!!

MATRIX REVOLUTIONS IS THE BEST, but Return of hte King will beat it in it's box office numbers, Matrix is still the better trilogy..woohoo!

fini
LOTR RULESSSS............i like matrix but lotr saga is WAYYYYYYYYYYY BETTER

SaTsuJiN
Well personally I think its a shame that they'll release around the same time. They're both very fantastic and epic stories in thier own right and I think they should both get the hard earned cash they deserve. I like both of them.

It really all comes down to 'LoTR is a classic, and matrix just arrived on the scene'

Storm
That' s a hard one but my guess is ROTK. Anyway, I definately want to see both of them.

fini
hmmmmmmmmm i predict that lots of pockets will be empiter than usual this christmas season..........well revolutions coming out in november so it will have lost most of its power by the time ROTK comes out

MATRIX!

SpikeSpiegel
Matrix Revolutions

woohoo! someone else who agrees

SaTsuJiN
.....and so the saga begins...
::Aragorn slaps Neo::

Neo : Whoa.......
Aragorn : -_-)

chica16
i definetely will see both of these movies, but i'll probably only see revolutions once, maybe twice, and i'll see ROTK atleast 5 times... ROTK may not make more money than revolutions by the end of 2003 since it is released in dec. but it will definetely make a lot more money than revolutions in the end because i think after reloaded a lot of people were disappointed...

this is true. The LOTR trilogy will make tons more money and the last installment will also make a ton more than revolutions, but i think Matrix is still the better series, woohoo!

Ushgarak
Do remember we are talking international takings here, not just in the US, so both will most likely beat Nemo on that basis.

A lot of this comes down to whether Revolutions beats Reloaded or npot. Sequels do not normally do better than the film before- but recent exceptions have been notable. X-Men, TTT- and the Matrix itself, of course.

However, Matrix's rating really does count against it. It is by far the most popular film ever without a lower rating.

But it will still most likely come about 150 million short, worldwide- not a vast difference when they will both be in the seven to nine hundred million area.

happy kine
i will see both. i'm interested to see if lotr ends like the book... it was a bit of a surprise how it ended for me. and revolutions will not do as well because it is rated R. i will agree with ush and say that both will do very well but lotr will do slightly better.

CapinJacksparow
return of the king no doubt!!!! it is said that rotk is better than the first two combined, so... think about it. it is going to be the best movie of the year and probably going to win more academy awards than fotr and ttt. the matrix reloaded was a bad movie, mellow dramatic in my opinion, and matrix revolutions isn't gunna be any better.

db85usa
ROTK will be like 3 hours long... i'll see it once like i did with the two towers and the first lotr movie... i watched them once, saw enough, waited for the dvd's.

on the other hand, Reloaded wasn't that great but I can still watch it over and over.

The Matrix: Revolutions is the payoff. It will be every Matrix fan's climax for a trilogy. Everyone just about knows what's going to happen in ROTK since it's based bout the book but Revolutions... no one has a clue what to expect.

I predict Revolutions steals the show from ROTK and makes $350 million + while LOTR ROTK will make it's usual 315 million.

movie_freak
There Both GOOD!!
Definately Matrix Revolutions

o kiMMii o
Return Of The King obviously man.............

BackFire349
return of the king will probably be the better movie.

SilverFighter
The philosophy in Reloaded was substitude with ethical dilemas (that took the fun outta of me). The first Matrix film was soooo much fun to watch at least 5 times. But after watching Reloaded my feelings for the Matrix saga just faded into history. So sorry Keanu but LOTR has converted me and I just might wait for Revolutions to come out on DVD. In the mean time I more of Froddo fan than a Neo fan.

BTW-folks do remenber that one film is Sci-Fi and the other Fantasy, so do remenber that in a future LOTR VS THE MATRIX cool

ragesRemorse
There is no doubt ROTK will gross more money at the box office. This is for the simple fact that it is PG-13, and holding an X-mas release. On the popularity and anticipation scale Rotk and matrix are the same . I would even have to go one step further and say the matrix is more popularity when you exclude the younger audience. Matrix has an R rating and it came very close to making just as much money as the two towers in the box office. It's always a great achievment when an R rated movie makes as much money and popularity as the matrix has. Even the fans of the matrix who were upset with reloaded still love the movie and will probably see Revolutions more than the dedicated fan. Rotk will make more money though. I think theyll both be just as popular. As long as revolutions lives up to reloaded.

fini
* jumps around*
ROTK ROTK ROTK ROTK ROTK ROTK

revolution opens tomorrow here( hey its a worldwide release).........and i not too keen on going to see it

SEe LOTR has consumed me

BackFire
They'll both bring in a comparable amount of money, but ROTK will be the better film.

Tired Hiker
ROTK will prevail!

khalla
I'd definately say Matrix Revolutions because it wasn't a book before and nobody knows what will happen, but with ROTK lots of people already know whats going to happen and some inconsiderate people might just blurt it out on the street or something. And I thought Finding Nemo was a horrible movie, no offense to anybody here. And if the twins aren't in Revolutions I will honestly cry!!!!!

BingaBonga
actually, ur almost right back fire, but lotr fellowship placed 5 on the most gross money ever and towers was 4, and matrix was like 10...

ragesRemorse
sequals in a trilogy always gross more than the original. The original gains a following. Reloaded came close to the two towers in the box office, and it has a smaller audience, seeing how it's R.

Little Nemo was over rated. Im sure if i were 9 years younger i would have liked it, but it was boring. Diddnt we see the twins die in reloaded anyway?

BackFire
Nemo was outstanding, I'm nearly 21 and I loved it.

ragesRemorse
I usually always love all disney movies. There enjoyable for all ages. Nemo just came off as drawn out and bland.

Ushgarak
I agree about the rating- already said as much earlier in the thread- but your basic point is untrue, Back to the Future, Beverly Hills Cop and Star Wars being three very major franchises that spring to mind where the first did better.

Ushgarak
Indiana Jones being a rather major fourth.

sorrow
MatriX REvolution..!!!! better phylosophies..better special effects.. !! but i still want to watch lotr.. smilesmile

BingaBonga
we're getting a bit off topic....laughing out loud

Kes
We are?blink What was the topic? Title says RotK vs M:Rev.

cgtuna21
I've already seen Matrix Revolutions and you know it's a good movie but Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. It's just too good it's gonna be so much better.

badkittykitty
right on! big grin

cgtuna21
thank you

ash007
I have seen Matrix Reveloutions and lets just say it was not my best film of the year.ROTK looks much better and i would say that its going to be a much better film and its going to get good reviews.

manny321
Matrix revolution is box office flop. It made only 140 million not even half the two towers total of 339 mil domestic. It's pretty clear that the rotk will make more money then TTT. Matrix reloaded didn't evn beat the two towers. Aragon is going to cut nemos head off in the box ofice.

Vegeta13
Its obviously gonna be LOTR-ROTK

thumb up For Lord of the Rings

Ushgarak
Revolutions a box office flop? Reagrdless of ROTK's inevitable victory here, that is a completely ridiculous statement.

Darth Vicious
I dont think M:Revolutions was a box office flop but it was disappointing thats why i believe ROTK will be much better!

stinkfist462
i say revo.... but i prolly see rotk more...

JKozzy
ROTK definetly wins this... I think everyone knew it would go down like that. Revolutions was definetly *NOT* a box office flop, it made so much money, it's insane. So did ROTK. Ah well, just saw this in "Who's Online" and thought I'd post, regardless of how old it was. Although Revos had a bit higher anticipation from me, but it was still an excellent movie.

babe182
LOTR all the way!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.