game: guess who said this!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pinksuezo
guess who said this quote i found:

Why of course people don't want war. Why should some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally the common people don't want war. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of a country who determine the policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to do the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.

chica16
ahh i have no idea

Nefertite
Is this from LotR? Doesn't look very similar, huh?

pinksuezo
heh, i appypollylogize to anyone who dont wana hear political stuff in these boards, but i just thot it was an interesting quote.

it was sed by hermann goering, bigwig nazi, at the nuremberg trials.

chica16
what?!?!

ChinaNiki
and Goering was right

undomiel
what does that have to do with LOTR

GABRIEL05
Funny my guess for that was Secretary of Dickheads Ashcroft

chica16
haha

pinksuezo
nothing, undomiel. thas y i appypolly logized...jeez

chica16
ok...

chica16
anyways... how bout that legolas

fini
THERE GOES chica16 AGAIN................girl i hope u dont TALK bout orlando/legolas as much

chica16
i just thought i would make this topic lotr related

pinksuezo
boohoohoo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.