So Wuts The Best Movie U've Seen That Came Out This Summer?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Catastrofic Luv
haha, since I've only seen 2 movies this summer I'd have 2 say those 2 were the best. they were bad boys and POTC... lol. so yah... those were the best i seen. lol. whatchall think. lololol.

diegocala
My two favs have been
Bad Boyz
Nemo
POTC

I was unimpressed with
LXG
Matrix
Phone Booth
The Recrut

FLICKNAVY
two favorites are POTC and The Recruit

chica16
i liked POTC

undomiel
POTC was the best!

Sheepz
I think POTC wins. But, bend it like Beckham was good too.

My name is Neo9
recuit was like spring anywayz, the matrix

BellaButterfly
POTC!!!!!!!

GABRIEL05
I heard that Bad Boys II was good. In my opinion though, 28 dayz. But thats only because thats the only movie I've seen this summer.

SaTsuJiN
Ew PoTC was so childish I couldnt enjoy it. Best movie I seen this summer is T3:RoTM. 2nd best will probly be Scary Movie 3 (I need a good laugh) w00t.

Matrix wasnt that bad... but neo's new 'power' that he demonstrated near the end was gay... so basically if the 3rd dont redeem that concept, its not even worth puking over.

badkittykitty
I dont think potc was childish I think it was fun,I liked it the most this summer and I seen alot of movies.finding nemo was was really cute too.

Evil Dead
I'm going to have to go with "Reloaded"..............it was the only movie I've watched for a long time that actually kept me thinking after the movie had ended. The movie was over and I'm in my car driving home........yet I'm still thinking about the plot of the movie and trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together. I believe the last movie I watched that made me think like that afterwards was "Pi".............

Catastrofic Luv
lalala.

chica16
x2 was good if that counts towards summer movies lol

Catastrofic Luv
haha yah i think it does. i liked that movie also. haha well... more of a presummer movie. haha.

ThuggnBLUE
Pirates, 28 days later, Finding Nemo, Terminator3...I've like all movies that i've seen this year (basically all of em) so I don't really have a favorite but movies that I did NOT like was The Hulk. Such a dissapointing movie...OVERLY long and it took too long to develop, IMO.

buffymitch
X2 was defenitley the best. the movie rocked all the way

silver_tears
ummm for me itd have to be POTC, Lara Croft, Reloaded, and Charlies Angels it was funny, however the summer isnt over yet so well have to see if the list changes happy

chica16
yeah i'm sure everyone will be adding "Gigli" here soon .. haha

Kes
Didn't X2 came out in May?

JediOasis
POTC was good and so was the new X-Men movie. Finding Nemo wasn't too bad, not up to par with Monsters Inc. IMHO. Reloaded I hated as did I The Hulk.

SaTsuJiN
ew @ Gigli. thats just another publicity stunt to screw peeps for thier cash.

Grr.. turns out Scary movie 3 isnt coming out til October -_-)

X2 was definately greater than I ever imagined (considering my hopes for the first one which didnt deliver IMO) I loved Nightcrawlers personality.

Actually I havent 'seen' POTC for myself... but from like 4 people already I heard it was aimed at children and women lol. Sadly I happen to be neither.

Underworld did look interesting, until they told you what the story was about ::cough::garbage!:cough:

Only thing Im looking forward to is :

StarWars Ep. III
Matrix : Revolutions
Lord of the Rings : Return of the king
Resident Evil 2 : Apocalypse

And any other video game franchises that maybe turning movie(I know that Half-Life has a lead actor already).
::On the Half-Life note... I think charlie sheen would make a great Gordan Freeman:: big grin They already chose an actor though and its not him its some guy named William H. Macy... anyone know him or what he looks like?

chica16
SaTsuJiN you have good taste in movies i think you would like POTC... i don't think it was aimed at women and children

nemo
FINDING NEMO.
FINDING NEMO
FINDING NEMO

Catastrofic Luv
haha i liked finding nemo i think. like, i wasnt quite thinking about the movie.... haha.

Catastrofic Luv
eh, is this working???

Smllfry247
I liked Potc the best! How to deal sucked! Bad Boys II sucked! LXG was ok! I saw x men 2 in May and it was pretty good!

Smllfry247
finding nemo was sooo cute!

Smllfry247
DId you guy know that Potc was the first disney movie to earn the rating PG-13!? cool huh!?

silver_tears
thats real cool and i think its really good big grin

Catastrofic Luv
lol, i want them 2 make an R movie now.

I think the stand out hits(for action films) this year were, T3, matrix, and BBII. It seems these are the movies most peopel are comparing (and for good reason) If you like the really mindless action films then BBII is for you. It's just your typical action film with some spects of Humor and killer actors. THe only thing that really made this film unique from other action ones is that it had great actors, great effects, and the plot had many stages to it. It wasn't just 1 "evil guy" being chases by 1 or a bunch of "good guys."

And since the plot involved a more realistic issue(drug trafficing and drug lords) it made it a tiny bit more realistic.

T3 in my opinion was probably my favorite out of the Terminator series but not because of the artistic talent of the director or of the actoring and all those things that are really used to judge a "good movie" but it's my favorite because we finally get to see the judgement day that all the other movies were trying to lead up to. And no doubt when the make T4 i'll be one of the first people in the theatre to watch the actual destruction of the human race whistle

And the Matrix reloaded was realy only a good movie because the plot made you think even more so than the first one. We're forced to stretch and open our minds. I really liked the fact that at the end of this movie it could be in the my mind for days or even weeks. And realy is still on my mind, tryign to piece together the small and big things in the movie.
Everything else in that movie was overdone i think. I think it was really aparent that the computer animation was heavily used and overdone. A third of the fight scenes in that movie were completely uncalled for(example: The fight between Neo and the Oracle protector)- this scene was not only bad but was also a horribly done fight scene. Also unlike a lot of other people, i really like the fact that Neo could fly. If you stop thinking of it as a theatrical joke and look at it's relation to the plot of the movie you'd see how much it makes sense.

So overall i'd have to say my favorite two movies of the summer would have to be T3 and The Matrix reloaded(which was not as good as the first and maybe a bit long but still worth 10 bucks)

Haha, i know this is an overlylong review of the movies but i just wanted to add in why i liked them.

FLIPMODE
1-POTC-The best OVERALL fun of the year. No one hates this film. Depp was perfect, and I want Part 2. After the Credits there's more Movie.

2-The Hulk.-The Most under-rated/hated, yet the most stylish, and original looking movie since Jurrassic park. Ang Lee went far beyond what he could have, I had fun just watching the cool dissolve techniques used throughout the film. Oh yeah the hulk CG's looked very good.

Bad Boys 2- Just all mindless action and comedy, the best Laugh's I had in any movie this year. It should'nt be judged as ANYTHING else other than mindless fun. When you rate it like that,..it get's 100%. Besides Martin's character was better this time around.

Matrix Reloaded-The most addictive movie series ever made.
Poor CG and the fighting was below the quality I expected, that's why it's my number 4 of the year, but the story is still the best.

Those were the best movies of the Year...So Far.

Catastrofic Luv
haha i HATED the hulk... he didnt even turn into the hulk until like an hour and a half into the movie!!!

FLIPMODE
Makes more that way instead of him turning intot he hulk, Like in the 1st 5 minutes?????

It's called build.

Catastrofic Luv
omg. im not ****ing stupid. i've been behind a camera all my natural life and for the past 4 years i've been acting. 2 much build causes a play/movie to get a review of two thumbs WAY down. trust me.

SaTsuJiN
I do admit though, even though LXG wasnt the best thing I'd ever seen, It did do a great job in terms of quality and excitement. It was basically all the good ingredients for a nice fast adventure movie. I really did like it alot.

Tomb Raider : cradle of life was definately better than the first. My friend didnt seem to care for it though. Yet another movie I thought I'd hate and wound up liking.

As for 28 days later.. my sister said it looked pretty fake, and she even brought her 5 year old daughter with her and she didnt even get scared(her favorite movie is the 1st halloween...guess the kids got good taste).

Maybe they'll make another Final Fantasy movie (lol... yea right!). I really liked that one alot too. I guess you had to be a vid game fan.

Catastrofic Luv
i loved final fantasy VIII... haha, i didnt stop playing that game like the whole summer before... 8th grade ithink... haha.

MichelleSK
I would definitely say Pirates of the Caribbean!!!!!

ragesRemorse
umm all movies this year sucked, boring mindless garbage and over done crap oh well still havent seen pirates alot of people say thats entertaining so ill see that one and umm armageddon was a disney movie and that pg-13 and there have alot of movies disney have been involved with one way or another and a few of them were R well just two i forget the names but ill post back with them

ragesRemorse
just wanna say somthing else to flip.. you shouldnt be allowed to watch movies i mean comparing Hulk with jurassic Park umm thats just wrong in any way, Hulk may have been good in some way or another but deffaintly not by comic standards but eigther way it cant compare to jurassic park, the HULK movie was as mindless as the words he speaks

Neo_Version 7
Terminator 3: ROTM was good. I just had a good time. Didn't take itself too seriously. Oh but a little dissapointed by The Matrix Reloaded. 28 Dayz was sweet. Up until the end that is. X-Men 2 great. Full Throttle, damn! Loved it so much coz' Cameron Diaz is so fine! Nemo was cool. Phone Booth sucked balls! So did the Hulk! Way to cartoony and boring! All time low for Ang Lee. Daredevil was good. Haven't seen Gigli yet, but it probably sucks balls too. Unless of course I get to see J. Lo's bare naked body!

Catastrofic Luv
how can u say all movies sucked this year? wut did you see? heh.

GroundedAgain
X2, 2fast 2 furious, and johnny english

Catastrofic Luv
what was johnny english?

Neo_Version 7
Johnny English sucked balls! Only redeemed by Natalie Imbruglia's fine ass.

captain's fancy
Pirates of the Caribbean is quite possibly the best movie ever made. Frightfully odd that it is a Disney.

Bigginz_PIC
I loved Bad Boyz 2 and I can't wait to see S.W.A.T. when it comes out. But whatever you people do don't go and waste your money on seeing Gigli! sick I thought that it was going to be a good comedic drama. But the only thing that was funny about the movie was the mental brother and how romantic can a lizbo, JLo's character Ricki, and a straight man, Ben's charatcer Larry Gigli, get. I will say that they did have sex and Larry was in love with Ricki but she was all for the FEMALE nookie! mad It would have been a lot better if Ricki wasn't a homo! And she needs to keep her butt crack in her pants.

billyboyd4ever
i loved POTC!! that was definetly the best summer movie

Catastrofic Luv
heh. it wasn;t the best. good... but not the best. i kant wait 2 go C s.w.a.t. even tho it looks horrificly fake. *my uncle used 2 be on the s.w.a.t. team in southern kali* but i dunno... maybe it will turn out good.

ragesRemorse
ive seen pretty much every movie this summer i just diddnt like them i should have learned but i kept going back nemo was ok i enjoy most disney movies though

Ashley_05
I have only seen Tomb Raider 2, Spy Kids 3D(Bobby Edner, YEAH!!!!!) , and American Wedding. TR was ok but I LOVED SK3D and A.W!!!!!!!!!!!!

Catastrofic Luv
lol, spy kids 3? how old r u?

Ads
The best movie I saw this summer would be: The Matrix Reloaded.

JixQuillan
Hulk?thumb down Gigli?thumb down Tomb Raider?thumb down Terminator was kinda disappointing but still cool. But Pirates of the Caribbean ROCKS!

fantasy242
i would say that potc is the best movie that i have seen! stick out tongue roll eyes (sarcastic) eek! Happy Dance laughing

Neo_Version 7
Yo! Do they happen to show off any of J. Lo's private parts in Gigli?

Adroit
5.X2
4.T3
3.Matrix Reloaded
2.POTC
1.Seabiscuit

lukeyduckey
Emmmmmmmmmm must films mentioned have not came out here, you in America or soemthing??? Mine will have to be Charlies Angel 2, becasue i was i need of a laugh.
I saw someone insult Phone Booth, that film was wicked

Neo_Version 7
I insulted it coz it really did suck balls. Whoever wrote that movie just copied the script of Liberty Stands Still. Katie Holmes is ****in fine though.

lukeyduckey
yeah im gonna start hating you now sorry

Neo_Version 7
smile

Ashley_05
I'm 16. And Bobby Edner Is HOT!!!!!

CptJackSparrow
I have to say my fave was POTC. Johnny Depp played the best pirate! (I've seen way too many movies this summer.)

lukeyduckey
Mine now is also POTC

But why did you destroy the RUM!!!!!!

JackSparrowskid
Who thinks Captain Sparrow iz hott or sexy in potc rolling on floor laughing ?

cogger15
oh hell yeah he is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! johnny and orlando are soooo great in POTC, i think it has 2 be my new fav movie! johnny is wicked as a pirate, he makes the movie great, the things he says are so funny. he has so many great lines throughout the movie!!! loved it so much and cant wait til it comes out on dvd so i can watch it all the time! johnny is the best pirate EVER! another fav summer movie has to b bruce amighty, jim carrey is great and the film is real good! smile

CptJackSparrow
Bruce Almighty was pretty good, but it was darker than I thought it was going to be. The beginning was funny though.

BOPRecruit 16
my fave summer movies: LXG, Pirates of the Carribean, X2, Finding Nemo, and then i want to see S.W.A.T.

hpxmenlotrnerd
POTC was def the best, I saw its three times, its so addictive! big grin

hpxmenlotrnerd
does anyone wanna see hidalgo by any chance?

Kes
Hidalgo?What's it about?

hpxmenlotrnerd
Some washed up western hero (played by niggo mortensen) joins a race across the sahara desert and ends up trying to save a princess and keep his life. its based on a true story and it looks good. a nice change from the corny chick flicks that come out every other day

hpxmenlotrnerd
**viggo**

justinday15
hmmm... its a toss up between between the matrix reloaded and bad boys II.

Kes
Ok.Thanks.

nemo
finding nemo big grin

johnnys#1 fan
I would have to say Pirates of the Caribbean it was awsome and johnny depp did a wonderful job as captain javk sparrow not to mention that he is totally hott!!!!

CapinJacksparow
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN WAS THE BEST MOVIE I'VE SEEN SINCE THE TWO TOWERS!!!!!!!! JOHNNY DEPP IS SO VERY SEXY AND NO ONE CAN CHANGE MY MIND!!! tell me why other people think he is not damn sexy? AND DON'T SAY "BECAUSE HE'S 40" THAT DOESN'T MAKE HIM NOT SEXY!!!!!! *in.. out... in... out....* ok.... i'm kinda finished.... lets hope....

diegocala
Why would being 40 make someone not sexy?? confused

Kes
Yeh...every body seems so surprised is 40! The actors I find sexy are all around that age!

obquiet
Pirates of the Caribbean is one of the best movies ever...well, from the movies that i've seen.

LaLaOrange
Definately Matrix Reloaded or Pirates of the Carribean.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.