Disney's Budget Cutting Crap

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain REX
They were supposed to be doing a ton of cool new stuff at Disneyland, but they have axed most of it due to budget cuts. I have the inside scoop from ex-manager of Disneyland who's a good friend of the family, so it's pretty cool. He has his name on the license plate of a Autopia car. big grin

-- The Jungle Cruise and the Indiana Jones ride were supposed to have a connecting part of the ride. The Jungle Cruise boat would be trapped in a whirlpool while the Indy jeeps drive by. They decided not to do it.

-- Based on the cartoon movie 'Atlantis', Disney was going to make a ride where the old '20,000 Leagues Under the Sea' Submarine ride used to be, as well as where the ski boat ride used to be. The theme of the ride was that the people riding the ride would be looking for a lost expedition crew. As the ride went along, they'd arrive at Atlantis, where they would be attacked by the Leviathan monster. After being shaken around by the creature, they would be saved by the other expedition crew, and the ride would end. They decided not to do it.

-- The changing of the film playing inside of Star Tours ships has been on the boards for 4 years, since the release of TPM, but it has yet to be done. George Lucas has been demanding more money for the use of his pride and joy, but Disney can't pay his demands because Michael Eisner, head of Disney, takes millions of dollars out of company each year for his own pleasure. They have yet to do it.

Disney is starting to piss me off...

ChinaNiki
well doesn't Disney make sure you can get the toys and stuff for all new movies about two months before the film is actually released

how money hungry is that

Captain REX
Very. Michael Eisner puts it down the drain after that though...

KidRock
DisneyLAND in Cali right? not disney world?

Catch 22
Hmmm, sounds like the rantings of an ex-employee to me. LOL

Non of these are due to budget cuts. The first two are just things that went through imagineering and were eventually shelved. The last is because GL wants more than they can afford.

Budget cuts are things like C.O.P only running seasonally or Fantasy in the Sky and Fantasmic only running on 'selected nights.'

happy kine
disney (orlando disney) is close to where i live (45 min drive.. in traffic) and they are cutting a lot of little things... like jobs. they employ a lot of people... i hear they are getting rid of indiana jones (cool show) because the stunt men are too expensive and the set is costly.

Catch 22
LOL, that's a bogus rumour (the pay bit). There is talk of getting rid of Indiana Jones, but they are also building a new Stunt Spectacular in the area that used to house Residentual Street.

The current rumour is that the Indiana Jones Stunt show will be replaced with the Indiana Jones Roller Coaster Ride, based on the mineshaft chase from the second movie.

happy kine
sounds cool... i haven't been to disney in 8 years. i used to go all the time as a kid. but now that i no longer live with the moms and pops and noone wants to pay my way.
they need something indana jones at disney... a roller coaster based on the mine shaft chase would be cool.

KidRock
Disney is building a new "psycological" thrill ride called The Mummy Returns or something. I might be mistaken though. It COULD be in universal I cant remember.

happy kine
i want a ride today that will make me walk out dizzy and stumbling and giggling and with an overall feeling of being high... now that would be worth the $80 it is to get in. usually if i spend $80 i can get like that for at least a week.

ChinaNiki
the last time I was at Disney Florida was...OMG...17 years ago
they didn't even have Scandanavia built yet at EPCOT Center

Tex
Disney's a dump!thumb down

royal_jester
Why doesn't Disneyland become more like Six Flags in CALI now that is a park to go to. Six Flags has the best roller coasters in the USA! Disneyland fits up to the BABY type park...http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/baby.gif

happy kine
amsterdam is my disney land

Captain REX
They have that coaster at Disney Paris. It's creepy because you ride facing sideways instead of forwards.

I forgot to mention how many people got axed in jobs too. Big number...

Captain REX
Disneyland is unique, as are the other parks. It's a theme park, not a ride-your-brains-out rollercoaster park. It's a great park.

I'm lucky to have both parks close to my house. stick out tongue

VampirePrincess
Thats because they have no choice... You should see some of the great artist they pay. My teacher in my class was accepted by Disney for animation field but he declined. They treat you like royalty... But on the other hand they are power hungry but thats just because they need to keep in business. Same with most companies!

Catch 22
But that's exactly what Disneyland (and Magic Kingdom) were meant to be. They never set out to be Thrill Ride Parks, they are Theme Parks; A completely different concept entirely.

WDW has it's Thrill rides; Tower of Terror, Star Tours, Rock N' Rollercoaster, Test track, Mission: Space to name just a few.

The MuMMy is the ride replacing KONG at USF.

hayden's minx
erm. who gives a shit?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.