sunburn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire349
well i went to a waterpark today, and of course i got burned to hell and back, now i look like a lobster. it sucks, i gotta work tommorow and my shirt will rip my skin apart.. yeah... any cures would be apreciated.... but other then that, i just wanted to let off some steam (PUN!!!!)

LilySatine
Ouchies!! I remember going to a waterpark last year and falling asleep in the sun for two hours. Once I realized how burnt I was, I couldn't walk for a week. roll eyes (sarcastic) The tan line is still there!! I feel your pain. stick out tongue

Anyways, apply aloe vera frequently, which should take some of the heat down. If it's super bad, try dabbing vinegar on it. As nasty as it sounds, it heals the pain slightly. smile

DemonicGambit
Wow, wish I could say I understand, but I've never been burned except for once. An' it wasn't bad...sorry. Hope ya feel better though

happy kine
i live in florida... the sunshine state... so i get the sunburn at least once a summer (skin cancer here i come!) i actually have a bottle of lidocane lotion. it has litocane (not sure on the spelling) its a lotion that will get the burn out using the standard lotion crap you usually get but it has lidocane which will relieve the pain... at least you won't feel it as much and it does help go away faster... as a matter of fact my skin is peeling from a sunburn as i write this.

Fitch
I have sunburns.When a bit to the pool,got burned.Then I got healed and went a bit to the seaside where I got another sunburn all over me.Now I'm healed but I'll go again to the seaside with some friends,so I'll be burned again......pretty pathetic..

Kes
lol Yeh that kinda happen to me too. BF you can try water with vinagre (kinda smelly) or alcohol. Or just keep putting skin cream. Thats the best you can do. Oh avoid the sun even wearing a shirt.

Fitch
loads of cream !

Celsius
My moms remedy (weird bu it works) is to put cold sour cream on the burns. It actually helps. just put it on, keep it on for 15 mins or so, then take a cool shower and wash it off.

Fitch
I should remember that...

Celsius
try it. it really worked for me. and mine was bad to the point where i got really big blisters on my shoulders.
It eases the pain.

Fitch
seaside,here I come...big grin

Dexx
sun screen actually works ppl....but you have to use it BEFORE exposure stick out tongue

Captain REX
laughing out loud

Damn, sunburns suck ass...

Dexx
you guyz should watch it in..2012. There's another solar-max coming then. Like it did in 2001

Captain REX
What's a solar-max? Is it anything like the Imax?

Fitch
a new humanburger type will arrive...

Captain REX
Humanburger goes good with Soilant Cola. Both use human body parts.

Dexx
the solar max is a period once at every 11 years when the sun activity is extremly big. (explosions, released energy...etc.) So the amount of UV sent to your precious lil back while you're sun bathing is highly increased.
It whiped out several satelites some time ago.

Fitch
*simpson's voice*
hmmmmmmmmm,tasty

LilySatine
Eek, that doesn't sound too safe!!

*Shrugs* I've already got burnt enough times to have skin cancer for two lifetimes. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Fitch
then..............keep it up ! big grin

LilySatine
huh No thanks..... stick out tongue

Fitch
don't give up wearing a bikini though,the sun ain't that bad....smile

LilySatine
Pfft me give up my bikini?!!?
Never!! big grin

Fitch
that's the spirit ! big grin

Kes
In 15 years you'll see sad
The only sun you should 'catch' is the morning sun. Thats good.

Fitch
this sounds like a granma talk.....u're still young at 30

Kes
Well skin cancer isn't for old ppl. You catch sun now and it only apears 10/15 years later regardless of how old you are.

Ushgarak
Skin cancer... (shuvers)

Seeing my Dad is enough to put me off the sun.

Captain REX
Phew! I was getting worried...

LilySatine
*Sobs*

I don't want to die!!

Kes
Why?

Captain REX
Who said you were going to?

Ushgarak
My Dad regularly has to have portions of his back burnt and cut out, for the last twenty years. It won't ever stop.

They had to do his face last year. Slice it open and operate. He looked like he had been slashed up by muggers.

Fitch
why ?

Captain REX
Poor guy, that must suck. sad

Fitch
yeah sad

Kes
wow why?

Ushgarak
Why? Skin cancer from a life spent sunbathing.

LilySatine
Aww, sorry to hear that..

*Prays that doesn't happen to her*

Ushgarak
Yup- stay careful folks!

Kes
Yeh thats bad!sad
The ogre reveled himself in the Need help thread! jk

Fitch
Lily,didn't saw you too often aroun the GDF.Where were you ?

Ushgarak
Yup, well, I posted a hundred warnings and this ain't the off-topic area!

(does ogre growl)

But yeah, bad.

Celsius
SOUR CREAM!!!!! stick out tongue

Fitch
you can get a bit of cancer even with tons of sour cream...

LilySatine
I've been mostly in the OTF! stick out tongue

Fitch
dammit,I should evolve my searches.... big grin

Ushgarak
So you pretty people think about how having to have your face slashed open ain't worth it for a bit of sun...

Fitch
I agree......erm

Kes
Indeed not worth it!

LilySatine
There's no need to get harsh...

*Puts on sweatshirt and pants before going outside*

Ushgarak
Remember your sunhat!

happy kine
my father is a landscaper here in florida... he is so dark now he doesn't get sunburn. has no skin problems... but he will, i'm sure. there are different forms of skin cancer (i just had a friend that had a tumor removed from his forehead, it was skin cancer that was grew embedded in his skull, he thought it was a fat zit, but after 2 months it wouldn't go away) but they say if you live long enough you will get skin cancer... but who wants that when their young... who wants to look like the lady on something about mary?

LilySatine
Alright...this thread is depressing me.

*Walks out*

Ushgarak
(hands hat to Lily)

happy kine
eh... just wear your SPF and you'll be ok. i have a vacation on the beach in two weeks i'm going to be in the sun all day for 7 straight days... but then again i'm only 27 and still consider myself invincible... invisible rays from the sun ain't gonna' beat me * as i pull chunks of burnt skin off my back *

KidRock
yeah when i got back from fla like 3 days ago i had sunburn evreyware! i just put LOADs of cream on it lol

bigbadbike2
Does anyone think it is ironic that he had his back burned and his forum name is Backfire ?

Fitch
sounds kinda...

royal_jester
I really sucks to be you! http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/stretcher.gif I hope you feel better and wear sunscreen next time.http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/wounded1.gif

ChinaNiki
don't use that spray bottle sunscreen.
you end up with blotchy spots of burned and unburned skin and look totally weird

Tex
Cold Sour Cream- it stinks but it sure does help.
Cools the skin and removes the redness, you just have to keep applying it 7x a day.

diegocala
Sour cream??
I am puerto rican/italian...I always look tan, and rarely get burned. My whole family is like that. I do however use SPF all the time, due to the fact that the sun shines bright and hot all year round here!
Oh and a hat is a must in that type of climite

BellaButterfly
I got a sunburn this weeken when i went to the beach!

Captain REX
Sunburns are the worst. I've had five this summer from going to the beach. mad

BellaButterfly
They sure are!!!!! But it is the only best way to get that beautiful natural tan....i tried the tanning lotion and that only left me with blotches all over my body!!! mad

happy kine
the key is to build a base. like diego says... if your dark you don't burn easy. to get a good dark tan mix 20 SPF with tan accelerator and rub in... to avoid blotches have someone rub it in for you.

BellaButterfly
hey thanx!!!!! i'll try that!

Fitch
though I prefer sunscreen...

BellaButterfly
sunscreen is cool.....when you don't want to get tanned!! but I love looking tanned in the summer, i am in love with that bronze color.
But right now i just have a burn embarrasment

Kes
You still get tanned with sunscren.
Best tan is if you spend lots of time in the water. You start getting darker.

Fitch
you can take a sunscreen that gives you bronze color wink.There are on the market...

BellaButterfly
really awesome!!!!!!

there is this lancome one i use, it protects you from the sun and gives you a tan but i don't know if you would call it a sunscreen!

but i'll keep my eyes peeled for those type of sunscreens and i'll take your advise kes! thanks!

Kes
you're welcome smile

Fitch
yup,u're welcome

BackFire349
thanks for the tips, my dad got some green cream that makes it feel better. worked sucked today cuz of it though, the itchy blockbuster shirt almost killed me. but i survived... and lucky for me i rarely go outdoors so i dont have to worry about skin cancer.

Tex
Green cream?http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/shit.gif stick out tongue

Dexx
actually..you can't.
but water helps, as you said

Kes
yeh you can. It happens to me all the time. the water washes some off. you have to keep appling. while you that you tan. plus only like a 60 does any protectingsmile

Dexx
well..washing some off explains it.smile
i don't usually use sunscreen anyway. The best protection is choosing your time in the day to sunbath. in the morning and evenings.

Kes
yeh morning is better thou.

Dexx
better for sleeping also, yes :

Kes
Sleeping?blink

Dexx
yeah...you now
*snoars*

Kes
Well I dont sleep much but I guess going in the morning one would sleep.

Dexx
yeah..you could sleep WHILE sunbathing...and get yourself an extremly painfull burn.
Then i could oficially have a pic of myself worthy of rotten.com stick out tongue

Kes
laughing out loud

Fitch
I prefer evenings,the water is wormer...

cermiestar
if you wear factor 60 suncream then you can stay out all day.......and come back paler than when you went out lol

Celsius
I don't even need to do THAT. laughing out loud stick out tongue jk

Baylin
I'm lucky I dont burn easy which is quite remarkable for someone with a pale/fair complexion that I've got. Unfortunatley I dont tan either sad

Last week I helped my dad clear a space in his garden for a greenhouse woked all day in the sun without a top or sunblock - I went a little bit red and am now virtually white again

Celsius
hmmmmmm.........Perhaps you are not of this world. laughing out loud

Baylin
Well DUH..... alien big grin

Celsius
Llaughing out loudL

Kes
The water around here doesn't heat up.

Dexx
why..the ocean heats up slower? stick out tongue

Kes
It's just stays the same temp. 19/20 in winter 21/23 in summer.

Baylin
Lucky you! The sea where I come from seldom reaches 10 degrees C and it feels a lot colder than that!

Kes
lol Well that feels cold to me. I prefer the Medditerranian (sp) sea big grin

Baylin
So do I. You wouldn't want to go in the sea on the east coast of England where I'm from cos its not very clean sick sad

Kes
sick Plus cold.

Kes
I think its time to start my vacation! Tomorrow at noon the temp in Lisbon is going to be 42! I have to go to the beach!

Baylin
Yes you should, if I lived anywhere near a beech now I would go to! wink

Kes
Yeh.

BackFire349
ok im gonna have to call in sick tommorow, my shoulders are starting to blister, and causing me lots of pain. i cant stand anything touching it at all. it sucks. but i got irreversible today, great movie.

Tired Hiker
I think you are full of shit, Backfire. You just want to call in sunburned so you can stay home all day and watch irreversable. I'm sure you wish that were the case. Try aloe vera on the burn. Not sure if someone already recommended that or not, for I didn't read every post prior to my own, only some. I think I will try to go rent it right now, irreversable that is, not aloe vera. I hope Hollywood Video will carry this movie. I hope I don't owe them a late fee.

Tired Hiker
Damn that Hollywood Video. No Irreversible. I hate when you've got your mind set on one movie and when they don't have it you look around and nothing else appeals to you at all. So you stand there and then walk out like you're protesting against the war or something.

Dexx
laughing..it happens

GroundedAgain
sunburns suck but i've only had one and that was on vacation in southy d. i think it's damn near impossible to git sunburned in nord koda. hell, it's damn near impossible to git too hot in norda koda!

ChinaNiki
having lived in the north and south, i definitely prefer the south
the north is sucks and has about a thousand more laws than the south
you can't even park your car facing in the wrong direction in front of your house on a street no one ever uses except the people who live there.and i'm taking very small town here folks. it's not like there is a lot of traffic and i'm the only one besides my dad parking on the street

Fitch
I sure won't move there ! smile

Kes
WOW went to the beach today. MAn it was hot, absolutly no breeze. But I was very carefull so no sunburn big grin

Dexx
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! YOU'RE HERE.....ush said you'd be gone for several days! judging!..quick!

Kes
I've sent him a PM, lets hope he replys before I live again. Internet connection were I'm staying isn't very good!

Dexx
well..just tell him your decision..if you're in a hurry and he'll probably make something of it.

Baylin
Found out today I am human afterall. I managed to get sunburnt yesterday, not badly considering how long I spent in the sun yesterday but nonetheless its less than comfortable leaning back on my chair... sad

Korri
there was this wee guy on the T.V he had been out on the beach for only a few hours and he got all these blisters on his back and they had to be birst how sick is that? sick

happy kine
the south is better... less snow, (none here in florida) less rules, bigger fireworks (most northern states outlaw them)... but (to keep on topic) here in the south you do have to wear sunscreen just to walk out side in teh middle of summer.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.