After LOTR... then what?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CaptainHaldir
So after the lord of the rings trilogy is said and done..... what other books and things would you like to see made?

I personally would love to see a bunch of dragonlance books made in such magnitude as LOTR.... but that wouldnt happen...

I'd also like to see the chronicles of narnia re-made into a very well done movie... how about you guys and girls?

chica16
hmm i'm not sure... i'll be sad once lotr is done sad

CaptainHaldir
wont we all.... those movies are the highlight of my past 3 years...

Glipt
I'd like the see The Hobbit and Narnia.

chica16
they've been the highlight of my last 3 years too lol...

billyboyd4ever
THE HOBBIT THE HOBBIT THE HOBBIT!! id also love to see anything w/cast members from LOTR...i think it would also be cool if they did just a few related chapters of the silmarillion--like beren + luthien or something--that would be cool... big grin

BOPRecruit 16
i heard that peter jackson is taking into consideration of making a movie version of the hobbit.

SiriusBlackRIP
I heard that Ian McKellen is trying to round support to do a year long television series of the Hobbit.

BOPRecruit 16
neat! i read some news on what movie that viggo mortensen is going to be working on, but i can't remember anything about it now.

Ushgarak
Ian is DEFINITELY drumming up support for a tv series; there is only RUMOUR that PJ is starting work on any film and that is a rumour that would exist regardless of whether he was or was not so be sceptical.

Smllfry247
I hope they do a hobbit! But, Narnia sux, im sorry I just dont really like the books and they made some movies for like the lion witch and the wardrobe and they were so awful! maybe if they were better!

fini
a TV series on the hobbit !?!?!?!? ...........noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo man that'll be destroying a good thing

STARDUST
Once LOTR is done ?! what are you talking about LOTR s never done read it ar wathc it agian people!

chica16
it will live on forever... in your hearts!! hahahahha
seriously.... they better re-release this mofo in theaters in like 20 years like they did star wars or i'll be mad, and they can have even more footage they can make each film like 4 hours long !! haha

muse5
I don't even want to THINK about when lotr ends... it would be cool to see the Hobbit made into a movie, also the Prydain Chronicles would be good made into movies, disney did an animated version of the Black Cauldron but it was really bad

Aragorn#1
I wish Tolkien would have made lotr a 10 book seriese or something so the story would go on forever, and he went into more detale about things to make the story longer. Then Peter J. would make all of it into movies. sad I hope they make the hobbit into a movie. rolling on floor laughing

Cleopatra
Tolkien go into more detail? Are you nuts? Do you know how many books there are on Middle Earth and its history, as well as appendices???
He is the king of detail.

Ushgarak
Tolkien did say he wanted it to have been longer...

Dexx
yes...but why necessary set upon lotr. the hystories of middle earth are what...12 books? (if i remember)
the silmarillion would have enormous subject for movies...if someone wanted to continue in tolkien's line.

Dyl
I personally think it would be AWESOME if they made the silmarillion into a movie, of at least parts of it! big grin

Mithrandir
i hope someone makes a movie on the book, "The Romance of the Three Kingdoms", it would be awesome!

JRatT12

cgtuna21
the hobbit! it's coming out in 2006!

chica16
seriously guys... what am i gonna do once lotr is all over???? i mean i'm gonna have to go to college in 2 years and .... who am i gonna talk to about lotr there???

hrh_jennifer
Well, the one I'm looking forward to is The Last Unicorn, if you've seen the animated version, a lot of the same cast are gonna be in it! Christopher Lee is gonna b King Haggard, Angela Lansbury is Mommy Fortuna, and Rene Auberjonois is gonna be Captain Cully, obviously nothing can compare to LOTR, but we must cling to whatever rays of light that may cross our path.

fini
awwwwwwwwww chica , there is always the tolkien fan sites to chat

babsbabet
eh...I think ehm...I will watch and read everything over and over for the rest of my life.

hpxmenlotrnerd
I think they should do the hobbit or maybe a story from the silmarillion, its always good to have a little 1st age history!

Verity
The Hobbit....But only if PJ's behind it!smile

Aragorn#1
yes I agree

lovinlegolas
this is totally off the subject of lotr, but a series i would definetly love to see made into movies are the dragon prince and dragon star series my melanie rawn...i am also enjoying the sword of truth series by terry goodkind. the belgariad and the mallorean series' by david eddings would be neat also...i guess i have a lot of series i'd like as movies eh?

but yes, i will be sad when the lotr are over sad

i'll just watch em over and over wink big grin

Colossus1207
I'd like to see The Hobbit and The Silmarillion made into movies.
cool rolling on floor laughing wacko

turin
amen, the silmarillion would have to be more then 1 movie due to the size and quantity of stories, but it would be awesome.

Colossus1207
Yeah it would have to be like 3 or 4 movies maybe even 5.
cool rolling on floor laughing rock

scott hiwersh
Here is my idea.... C.S. Lewis... not the Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe books, but the Perelandra books. With Dr. Ransom. Anyone know what I mean. Not quite as popular in the younger scene I know, but really good. Hey, can anything really be as good as the feeling I get opening the dvd on the 26th and popping that baby in the player? Well... maybe how I feel on the 18th popping the EE in as well LOL!!!! have a good weekend everyone!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.