Any Duran Duran fans around??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Silent-Bob77
Am I the only Duran fan left, i'm really looking forward to the new stuff with the reformed DD, heard Whatever happens tomorrow and i love it. Top 5 DD albums

1: Notorious
2: Duran 1st Album
3: Rio
4: Big Thing
5: Arcadia

Come on there must be some others out there??

Baylin
Well you saw my top 5 albums so you can gather I like a broad range of stuff....

I'll go along with your list except Rio would be first.

VampirePrincess
Oh yes Duran Duran! I love them! I seen all of the things they did! Its great!

Killer
Duran Duran !! AWSOME band!!!!!!

ChinaNiki
Duran Duran ruled in the 80s. Great band.

linuxguy99
I have been a fan for many, many years!

If you need any info on how or where the best information on Duran Duran are, please PM me. I cannot post any URLs until I have posted here a while, but trust me, they are good sites.

Oops, did not realize how old the post was. I saw this thread on google looking for information on the band and decided to reply to it. Sorry. embarrasment

As you may now know, there is a new album called Astronaut with the orginal five back together, and it might be worth a listen if you have not yet.

Mr Zero
I'm going out on a limb here to admit I own the wedding album. Dont tell anyone.

linuxguy99
The Wedding Album is my personal favorite, and yes, I get a lot of flack for liking a band that puts makeup on better than my wife.

finti
Oh I like Duran Duran, and my fav DD album is Notorius probably one of the most underestimated pop album of the 80`s

CherryPie
NOOOO!

WindDancer
Rio is a personal favorite.

Padawan
I'm a huge Duran Duran fan, myself. I did a search on the forum (like I'm supposed to do :rolleyessmile because I was looking for a thread about them to post in.

Does anyone know who the dancer in the video of Skin Trade was? I need to know her name if at all possible. big grin

StinkFist462
ick. duran duran. ick.

Snoopbert
Duran Duran... well. Got mah respect, doesn't mean I like 'em. Some good, catchy songs though, I'll admit that much stick out tongue

Britrogue
I happen to be acquainted with their number one fan.....

pcp
Duran Duran? Now that's old skool

botankus
Originally posted by Britrogue
I happen to be acquainted with their number one fan.....

Oh, yeah, that's me all right. Loud and proud, I'd be willing to tour the world to see Simon & Co....just to get that View to a Kill.

I really have no one to thank for this honour except for one person - the girl who introduced Duran Duran to me back in the 80's and made me worship them the way she did. Day in and day out she played "Seven and the Ragged Tiger" until the cassette broke. She made me quit school, run away with her, and even join her cult. I even had to admit that Simon, Nick, Andy, and that other dude were manly studs in public! Now that's dedication!

Britrogue, dear, thanks for everything!

exanda kane
Planet earth is a tune.

EPIIIBITES
Great pop...

..."Save a Prayer" is actually a pretty impressive pop song

Think I like "Wild Boys" the best though.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by botankus

I really have no one to thank for this honour except for one person

Very odd sentence.

botankus
Originally posted by EPIIIBITES
Great pop...

..."Save a Prayer" is actually a pretty impressive pop song

Think I like "Wild Boys" the best though.

I really like "Wild Boys" as a 9-year old kid, but for some reason when I hear it now it's not quite the masterpiece I remember it being while growing up.

vintageSW77
i reckon much like many other artists who came out of or who were lumped with the UK new romantic scene in the early 80s such as Visage,Spandau,Soft Cell,Human League etc they havent done anything near as good since the first half of that decade

they were a pretty good pop band up to Seven and The Ragged tiger but the rest of the stuff post that was bland white boy pop funk in fancy suits that was savaged by the critics and ignored by the (uk at least) public
and as for Simon Le Bon.....what a ****

Healing Artisan
good music.

i laughed my ass off when Mirko Cro Cop had 'Wild Boys' as his entrance song.

too bad he got knocked out.

starshine
Originally posted by Healing Artisan
good music.

i laughed my ass off when Mirko Cro Cop had 'Wild Boys' as his entrance song.

too bad he got knocked out.

I remember you... no expression

Duran Duran is great! Or at least they used to be... their new music kinda sucks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.