Lily and Petunia

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phoenix
Is Lily MuggleBorn, or is Petunia a Squib?

Laviera_j
Lily IS mugleborn. Petunia a squib...dunno...maybe.

phee630
I really don't think that Petunia is a squib. Why? well because then she would know all bout he-who-must-not-be-named and would be afraid of him. She would be willing to protect harry, especially with Uncle Vernon in th ehouse. Maybe I'm wrong because she refused (in the fifth book) to kick harr out of the house.....who knows

Laviera_j
She was afraid in the 5th book though...and she did protect harry after getting the howler from dumbledore.

phee630
ooohhhhhhh....so that howler was from dumbledore?????

Laviera_j
Yeah, he told her to protect harry and he knew she would understand because of Lily.

phee630
oh ya.....forgot that part. I have bad memory!! smile

Laviera_j
me too, no worries!

airangel429
I think Petunia's a squib...that's why she's so jeoulous of Lily. And she KNOWS ALOT of info...more than a muggle would know...and she got all uneasy when Uncle Vernon started asking her how she knew.....it makes sense.

frootlooplucy
werent Lily and Petunias parents muggles? confused

airangel429
even if they were muggles...Lily is a witch?

airangel429
so..........she could still be a squib...i would think

airangel429
or...remember in one of the books when neville was talking about how happy his grandma was when he fell out the window and caught his self before hitting the ground...using his magic for the 1st time...being that it was strong enough...i wonder if Petunia didn't have strong enough magic to get accepted into the school...like Lily was....b/c she did talk about "how happy our parents were the day she got her letter, but i was the one who saw her for what she really was...a FREAK!".....

so i think its all anger and resentment b/c she didn't get a letter.....

Malfoy's chick
Lily is a muggleborn because it says. Snape calls Lily a mudblood in the 5th book. and Hagrid (in one of the books) said Lily was one of the best muggleborns there was

Daragon
She is a muggleborn, because in the book Petunia said her parents said: We now have a witch in our family!

airangel429
I KNOW THIS...but SHE CAN BE A WITCH....SO PETUNIA CAN ALSO BE A SQUIB THEN! That's where I was making the MAIN point! big grin

WooMasta
i'm still confused about that howler that Dumbledore sent to Petunia...man..i guess i have to re-read the 5th book..i don't like harry in that book
first of all..he needs anger management
second of all...he kissed Cho Chang,...yes i am jealous...

frootlooplucy
but a squib is someone born to magical parents but who isnt magical. so petunia couldnt be a squib coz their parents were muggles.

airangel429
HRM..........TRUE....I forgot that.......well maybe she was like Neville's family thought he was gonna be......but he ended up getting his powers...what if she was...but never got her powers.....? so she never would have gotten a letter....making her EVEN more resentful

frootlooplucy
yeah, she mightve been just a BIT magic but nolt enough to get into Hogwarts... thats basically what you said, so yeah...

airangel429
RIGHT! big grin

starprincess366
lily was muggleborn. petunia can't be a squib cause aquis come from pure blood famils and lily is pertunias sister who us mugglwe born.

airangel429
but Petunia also could have been born with witchly powers that never developed.......

Phoenix
I'm writing a column on this - does anyone have any ideas?

sauron
maybe she was just like neville except she never got into hogwarts

Trickster
Lily is/was a witch
Petunia is a muggle

Rachel Riddle
i think, lily's parents were squibs, but really ashamed of themselves so they hid it, in saying they were muggles. so they were really proud of lilky, when she got the letter...
or perhaps just one of them is a squib...

PrefectRonnykin
that sounds very convincing acctully thx

Trickster
I think that her parents were muggles, otherwise other wizarding families would have known. Lily was a witch and Petunia was jealous but still just a muggle.

hhhhr
could lily's mother be a riddle??
and was lily in gryffindor?

bLooMiLiCioUs
i dun think she was in griffindor...

airangel429
Lily was a very talented student at Hogwarts (c. 1971 - 1978), eventually becoming Head Girl in her last year. She was in Gryffindor House (Sch2).

Lily is an Evans..not a Riddle...........HOWEVER i think her mother was a Riddle and then her father of course was an Evans. That would make sense as to why Voldemort did not want to kill her....since she has the same bloodline....... We know Lord V's father was a muggle.....so its possible that Lily's mom was his daughter...making lord v her BROTHER!!! and him Lily's Uncle.

then the Mark Evans kid was brought into the book...he could have been a brother of Lily and Petunias...and I do believe we will see Mark arrive at Hogwarts and be sorted in the next book.

ALSO...I used to think that Lily was a squib...but now that I think about it...maybe she was just jealous that she got left out. Her brother might be a squib.......that would make sense for her not to keep in contact with him. So I think she is a muggle.....who has a sister who's a witch, a brother who's a squib and then her mother had a brother who was the WORST wizard ever......

DOES THIS ALL NOT MAKE SENSE??? IT JUST CAME TO ME!! big grin

bLooMiLiCioUs
Lily, a squib?blink

airangel429
i dont think she's a squib...but i think MY last post was logicial!!! big grin

bLooMiLiCioUs
blinkconfused
ok...i'll just need to read that for another few hundred times and give my brain time to digest all that unexpected info....blink

airangel429
Okie...basically I say that Lord V is Lily's Uncle(mother's brother)

Lily and Petunia had a brother.......might be a squib...or just a muggle who had a son (mark evans) who will be sorted in the NEXT book by the sorting hat.

Petunia must have SOME reason why she wouldn't want to see her brother...so maybe he was either a squib or a wizard....therefore she resents him.....just like Lily. She was left out.

Also Petunia would know about Lord V of course if he was related to her.... I am sure she would have NEVER told Vernon that she was related to the worst wizard ever...b/c he would leave her.......

OR.....maybe Vernon does know and that is why they are SO sneaky...cuz they don't want anyone else to know....but they might always be spying and prying just to know themselves about anything strange occuring.

pixie1
am i missing something where did the brother come from?
Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance

airangel429
the mark evans theory. he was brought into the 5th book. he's a boy that goes to school with Dudley. he was 10 then........and now the next year he'll be 11... soooooooooo there's a theory out there that he will end up at Hogwarts!!

Since his last name is EVANS...Lily's maiden name....then it would have to be that they had a brother.(lily and petunia)

icy
hi
lily is a muggle born while petunia is a squib. I mean If it wasn't for the Howler Dumbledore sent Harry would have been thrown out in the cold. she is definately a squib. Happy Dance

pixie1
ok now i understand

Candy
HOW???
How can a muggle born wiizard, a mudblood, have SQUIB as a SISTER? Both parents were muggles, so petunia CANT be a squib!

I still believe in the Perseus Evans theory. laughing I've heard that rumor Perseus Evans makes Severus Snape (we know, jo is fan of that laughing laughing ) so snape COULD have son, named mark?!?
e's a wizard, and so petunia didnt wanna have any contact to him.

Lily kept cool when snape called her a mudblood, maybe that was her noprmal reaction, but maybe she knew he was one, too?!

hey rach. sumtimes i thought of them being squibs, too, but i am sure lily is a real muggleborn.
@airangel: lord v. didnt wanna kill her?
oh i didnt know, but i think that theory is bit to....strange, dunno...
and being related to lily would be no reason for voldy to be afraid of killing her... he murdered his father... why would he be afraid to kill lily?

i like the perseus evans theory, another one would be that snape was fallen in love with lily and thats the reason why he hated james...

airangel429
yeah i do think snape was in love with lily...but then if the persevus evans theory is true...well then he would be Lily's cousin...right?? (if evans was her TRUE name............. if not then it would make sense)

Candy
no if the perseus thing is true he would be her brother, then of course he wasnt in lovew with her... laughing

airangel429
yeah........... well maybe lord v didn't want to kill her b/c her BROTHER was one of his precious death eaters.........

that would make sense as to why he would turn to Dumbledore's side...but then he would be Harry's Uncle...you'd think he'd be a bit nicer!!!

Also it would make sense as to why Lily protected him all the time..... but then maybe he changed his name when he became a death eater??? to disguise his name........?? i dunno why he would have changed his name?

AND who in the heck is the mother of the child!!!???

Candy
i think sn ape changed his name cuz he's muggle born. so he hates harry as son of his muggleborn sis.

airangel429
yeah...well he wouldn't hate lily though...and stuff........ (that could be why he got picked on alot.......??? who knows.....) can't wait til the next book

Candy
ummm to who do ya say that?

waitwaitwait

pixie1
airangel429 :but then he would be Harry's Uncle...you'd think he'd be a bit nicer!!!
maybe he blames harry for lillys death so resents him.

so the new family tree goes:
Lilly petunia and snape are brother and sisters .lord v is their half brother
Lilly son is harry a wizard petunias son is Dudley and snapes son is mark
and lord v has no descendants

maybe the reason lord v chose harry instead of Nevil is bcoz he was related to him and he thought bcoz of this he was moor likely to have stronger powers

airangel429
maybe?? dunno.......

but Snape isn't described anything like Petunia or Lily...look wise...... Also.....most families are put in the same house...wouldn't snape have been in Gryffindor then?

Candy
but snape has got a bit of evilness in him. and harry had nearly been sorted into slytherin...
maybe snape is sumthing like a half brother?!

pixie1
family are not always in the same house padma is in gryffindor but her twin is in ravenclaw
in snapes worst memories his father is described as hook nosed so i dont think they can be related
but if lily is related to lord v and snape is a pure blood then they are distantly related anyway coz all pure bloods are related

hhhhr
ok lord v cannot be their brother he was orphan and he is defenitly alot older thatn snape and lily. but as i said in another thread lily mother could've been a riddle.

airangel429
i too believe that Lily's mum was a Riddle. Probably his sister or a cousin actually......... We never really heard TOO much about Lily's side though. I am hoping we find out LOADS of stuff in the next book...... smile

I wonder what KEY role Mark Evans will play???

I bet Harry finds out about an Uncle he has from him and then he goes to visit him to learn more about his mother..................?? It is possible... since Sirius is out of the pic...for a bit....then I'm sure he wants answers and what better than from a relative.

BUT also....I wonder if his Uncle would be bad...why wouldn't Dumbledore at least TELL him about him???????

OR actually...Mark's father may be Lily and Petunia's cousin.... he could have came from their father's side...rather than being a brother.

hhhhr
ok i don't think they have a brother( lily and petunia) cause in ss/ps Dumbeldor said that petunia is the only relative harry has. ( it was in the movie i don't have the first book with me) http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/confused.gif

airangel429
Okie...well then Mark Evans will be related to him somehow....!!! Maybe a 2nd cousin???

Just the bloodline wasn't strong enough for them.

AND D-dore may not know about them...especially if they are MUGGLE relatives....then it isn't wizard blood.

pixie1
d-dore probably does he just doesnt want to tell harry yet bcoz he thinks he is protecting him and if this is so then he(mark) or his family are in with lord v

airangel429
nah......dumbledore wouldn't know THAT much about muggles.......... only blood relatives i am assuming.

It may be ANOTHER thing that Dumbledore had overlooked.

Actually if Mark Evans came to school then that would be wierd if HE was sorted into slytherin and he was the true heir.

pixie1
he couldnt b the hair coz lord v was the last in the line of sal sly and if he is related to Lilly through a muggle line then that is imposable
d-dore knows alot about muggles and alot about harry so i think he would make it his business to know but he could have overlooked it if he (mark)was kept a secret from everyone

pixie1
if he was adopted or fostered out of the family then no one would no
but then i am left wondering where lillys parents are?

Laviera_j
True...

What bothers me is why does D-dore trust Severus Snape so much? In the forth book Harry actually asked him that and he said 'That is a matter between Snape and Myself.'

So something happened, but what??? Did Snape save D-dore...

Completely off topic here, sorry.

airangel429
its okie lavi!

i dunno..... maybe if Snape was in love with Lily and then Lord V had MURDERED her..then he would resent Lord V...though he would never tell him. Lord V still think snape is a trusty DE.....b/c he is D-dore's spy.

pixie1
i would also like to no more about all of harry grandparents

eezy45
erm, i dont think so, she just knew a bit about the magic world, maybe she wasnt jealous of lily in the beginning and became when she was gone...

btw: how can other muggleborns know how to get to 9 3/4?

airangel429
NO! NO! NO!! Petunia had fear in her eyes when Lord Voldemorts name was said in front of her!!!! I think something else might have happened within the family........

She knows more..............more than we know she does! She knows things that REGULAR muggles DONT know!

pixie1
maybe lord v killed lillys mom and dad
Petunia would be fearful if that had happened and would hate lilly more

eezy45
yay, maybe
((just wondering about you're online, are u from europe?))
but i just cant imagine her to be a SqUiB!

eezy45
((okay pixie=uk, 1:50pm erm - im from germany - okay, 2:50pm here wink))

pixie1
petunia is definitely a muggle and is very jellos person

(i lived in germany for 7 years)

airangel429
(i've been here in germany 6 months....)

Yeah...this dang book needs to come out!! big grin

pixie1
tell me about it

Candy
where do ya live?
and where have ya been before?
I'm german, too wink

pixie1
i live in england now but i lived in Munster in an army barracks until i was 7 the weather was much nice than it is here

Candy

eezy45
here in germany?

eezy45

airangel429
Yes..I am here in Germany! big grin (I live by Kyllburg)

pixie1
yes but i cant get dottie things my key Bord and my spelling is very poor

Candy

Rachel Riddle

Trickster
I think Lily's parents were muggles, not squibs.

hhhhr
it was said in the book that they were muggles and we know snape called lily mudblood

airangel
bumping

eezy45
true... they are muggleborn, i think

angelsflame265
lily couldn't be related to voldermort, nobody is. because voldermort is the last heir of slytherin

celestial_moon
i think it might b a little late 2 reveal any siblings lily and petunia have.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.