Polyjuice Potion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phoenix
A SERIOUS deal has been made out of the Polyjuice potion. i dont suppose theres any chance that one of the characters we have grown to know through the series is gonna turn out to be completely different? or maybe Snapes been using the polyjuice potion to get to the deatheaters? (remember, in book 4, voldie says that one of his deatheaters is 'lost to him forever' - presumably snape)

phee630
what does a polyjuice potion do again?

Laviera_j
It transforms the drinker into another form - with the right hair of course, otherwise your in for a nasty shock....right hermione??LOL!

phee630
snape is not a deatheater anymore. Dumbledore trusts him and anyone can trust Dumbledore...

Laviera_j
yeah i agree, but Snape must have done something to earn the trust of Dumbledore?????????????

phee630
ya. he gained his trust by not being a dementor anymore. Plus helping harry not get hurt in the first book with the troll in the bathroom. I am sure there are plenty reasons...from what i read...dumbledore is avery wise man and as charlie weasly says," wise man dumbledore...pretty much everytime he has a plan, it is sucessful in the end". I wish i knew a personlike that

Phoenix
yes, but snape has been SPYING on the deatheaters over the summer - how has he managed that without a polyjuice potion?

Phoenix
any ideas?

airangel429
Phoe, good insight on this. I never even thought of the polyjuice potion...AND he is the POTIONS teacher. So MY GUESS...is that he COULD have been transformed into Lucious who is always around somehow..........B/C he seems to favor the Malfoy's an awful lot........he also could have used Crabbe and Goyle as well to inpersonate...........JUST LIKE HARRY AND RON DID!!! I wonder......... I do agree that Snape has been spying and I DO BELIEVE that he is GOOD and truly is now. I think that Snape had gotten caught up in the dark arts SO much that he went along with Voldemort (probably brainwashed) AND then realizing what was going on....he left. I am guessing that HE WAS IN LOVE WITH LILY........and then after Lily had DIED he was ANGRY with Voldemort and started to betray him and to become VERY loyal to Dumbledore. Which also would make him hate James even more....for having Lily. I say this...b/c LILY ALWAYS DEFENDED SNAPE........

ALSO...with Snape so highly interested in the Dark Arts in school and with Voldemort being a Dark Arts Leader.......it would make sense for Dumbledore to turn him down from being able to teach it. Maybe D-Dore thinks he'll get too tied into it again? Maybe he keeps it from him...for his own good! big grin

THIS IS JUST MY THEORY...........so back to what PHOE had suggested......yes I do think he used the polyjuice potion. big grin

(Wow...that was long!)

Kristina
I don't think that Snape uses Polyjuice potion to spy on Voldy because Voldy is so powerful... I reckon he would even recognise Snape if Snivellus transforms into a potplant!
What I've always been wondering about: Why didn't Sirius use the polyjuice potion?! He could have easily transformed into Kingsley or Mundungus Fletcher or whoever and could have had a nice walk through London without being recognised! Wouldn't that have been the easiest solution?!

hotsauce6548
yeah but remember it takes a month to brew polyjuice potion

WaDe_N_sPaRrOw
a month if you can find the ingredients..

Kristina
One months is not much if you are trapped in your mother's house without having something useful to do!

airangel429
no...b/c snape knows occumlency..so he could have been transformed as another death eater AND been using the occ. skills. Even dumbledore said that a skilled occ. could work against voldemort who is just the opposite! big grin

Kristina
Right...but Voldy hinted in book 4 that he knew he'd lost Snape forever. So Voldy probably wouldn't be so foolish to explain his plans to Snape. But okay...maybe Voldy didn't mean Snape in book 4, perhaps he meant Karakoff...

airangel429
NONO....I think he would tell LUCIOUS...who was really Snape if the polyjuice potion was used for example. B/c I believe the Lucious is the #1 supporter of him!

Kristina
Oh...that's a good idea! Never thought of that! Yes...that could possibly be! But other question: According to that, D-Dore had a spy, so Voldy probably had one, too (oserwise it would be kind of boring ;-) Who do you think it is?! Or maybe one of the Death eaters used Polyjuice to transform into one of the Order members?! I remember when Harry once noticed Sirius smelling like Mundungus... but okay, Sirius smelling of alcohol could have other reasons ;-) poor guy...

airangel429
yeah i wouldn't doubt it at all..... HEY......... makes you wonder if Sirius really died too...... HEE HEE!!!!

good point though...........i wonder.......... could have been...... but then Sirius could disguise as someone else.........BUT he wouldnt have access to the potion.... like mudagus did.

i thought mundagus was good..AND that he was caught guarding the door when Lord V was trying to break in...thus making it look like Mundagus was breaking in.

ALSO...didn't sirius say he always trusted mundagus...but that mrs weasley didn't.... makes you wonder if mundy was bad and was TEMPORARILY transformed into Sirius.........

Kristina
You know what?! I didn't mean it serious when I wrote that about Sirius smelling like Mundungus...but hey! But if they both swapped their appaerences from time to time?! That would have made it possible for Sirius to get out of Grimmauld place...and Mundungus could relax in Sirius's living room drinking fire wiskey ;-)

But on the other hand...I thought JKR only wanted to point out how Sirius felt like: staying up all night, being at home and drinking alone alcohol...kinda sad, eh?!

airangel429
yeah...REALLY sad! sad poor sirius! You know what'd be even weirder...but FAR FETCHED...if mundy was sirius and sirius went back to azkaban and mundy went into the veil....

VERY UNLIKELY THOUGH.........but that would be weird

back to our topic: smile yeah... mundungus could have relaxed....HEY and that could have been another reason why Sirius liked Mundy so much!

Also remember when Mundy was on duty and he skipped out....what if he and sirius had traded spots(characters) and then Mundy didn't tell Sirius about the guard duty.....

Kristina
If Mundy didn't tell Sirius about the guard duty Sirius would have been so angry that....don't want to imagine! But I doubt he would ever welcome Mundy again in his house (that would be the first time he agrees with Mrs Weasley ;-) No, I don't think so! After the dementor thing Sirius would have hated Mundungus if he didn't tell him, and if he told him he wouldn't have skipped his duty!
But good point, though...Mundungus skipping his duty could be important! It seems to be one of the sweet little details everyone overreads before it turns out to be the solution!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.