ARGHHHH! Sixteen days

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ChinaNiki
eek! Hey folks in sixteen days I'll be leaving for China. (Thought I'ld get this thread in before the frenzy of packing takes over.) rolling on floor laughing

Tired Hiker
Don't forget your tooth brush!

Catastrofic Luv
aww how cool, for what?

ChinaNiki
teach english

Catastrofic Luv
wow. thats amazing.

ChinaNiki
yeah especially since i don't have a degree for english

Catastrofic Luv
wut do u have it in?

ChinaNiki
woman's studies

Dexx
you have a degree in woman's studies? Wow...didn't know it was a whole separate field

ChinaNiki
oh yeah, but it isn't just about women. In a nutshell it's studying the intersections of race, class, gender, and sexuality to see how each aspect of a person's life affects their actions and reactions.

Celsius
blink

ChinaNiki
are you confused celsiuswink

Rogue Jedi
uh..... confused confused blink blink huh huh

Baylin
Good for you China!
I've a collegue who worked in Japan for 5 years teaching English. He didn't speak much Japanese and he doesn't have an English degree either.
Most of his pupils already had a good level of English and what he was doing was helping them with their conversational skills.

ChinaNiki
basically what i'll be doing, but i also have to through in some grammer
ohhh, it's gonna be soooo hard. Chinese New Year is a requirement. Biggest party in the country and we have to go. ohhh, it's such a hard life.big grin

btw, i have a cousin who did the Japan thing and now she's getting married to a Japanese guy. they're both taking classes so they can get jobs that will let them travel more.

Baylin
Makes me wish I hadn't done the settling down marrried with kids thing, only for about a second though big grin
Well I'm sure you're going to have a great time!
Good luck

ChinaNiki
we have a married with kids couple going in our group

Baylin
Well its a nice thought but I've got another baby due anytime now so it wouldn't be tremendously convenient at the moment. I've considered emigrating from England a few times and probably will do in the next 10 years but till then I'm happy where I am and that whats in important smile

ChinaNiki
my sister just had a baby in may
that's the only thing i hate about going cuz i won't be around to help her with the baby and most of our family lives 800 miles away

skule
i have a self thought degree in womens studies. Basically i been studying women since i was 14. Its always a learning process however, i love the practical session involved when studying in great detail wink

ragesRemorse
hmmm when i heal from my brain annuerism from trying to figure out woman ill prolly try again, but thats really cool man wish i could go to China they prolly wouldnt like me to much though id be wearing my giant orange cowboy hat trying to speak Chinese, my luck i would accidently say somthing offensive and get beat down with nunchuks

ChinaNiki
that's why they pair you up with a Chinese teacher mentor person

to teach you what not to dobig grin

ragesRemorse
does he carry nunchuks for situations like that ? but seriosly how long will you be over there for? and how do get involved in a program like that and do you need some nunchuks ?

ChinaNiki
Need bucks(for the flight over) not nunchucks, and a bachelor's degree
technically i'm considered a foreign expert.
China wants native speakers to teach their students the correct ways to use grammer and pronunciation.
Also if you can fluently speak another language you can teach that.
Comparitively i will not be making very much money, but it will be more than the native teachers get and we work less hours.

LindsIsTightK
My friend might be moving to Korea to teach English, maybe I should do that.........

ragesRemorse
dont forget to take some nunchuks

@ngel
nunchuks?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.