Will Lady Deathstrike come back?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rwendelin
Will Lady Deahtstrike comeback to seek revenge on Wolverine?

X-WOMen
Yes! I'm almost sure that she will. She is not dead definetly.

Evil-X
Boo, she should have died, I hate! When movies kill people and then bring then back with a crappy story. BOO!!!!

Paola
But we didn't see her dying!
She's supposed to be a cyborg, so I guess she didn't die.... unless one of the cut-scenes was her funeral... big grin

aLiceXwndrLnd
im sorry, but wtf??? a cyborg???? noooooooo she aint, shes got NO computer parts in her!*calms semi-treky instincts(my bros were big fans, ergo some rubbed off on me)* and i heard that (if i got this right) something like this happened in one comic or another, and her body rejects the adamantium, cuz you know, the healing factor. i think its in the xtreme xmen comics, i heard thats were the second movie got its storyline...but i dont think theyll bring her back for the movie, cuz i mean, sabertooth is a bigger character that her, and they killed him. and look at the batman movies, they killed characters who werent supposed to die, so movie timelines can be different....if they make a wolverine spinoff, tho, she mite be in that....

aLiceXwndrLnd
*remove head from sphincter, then drive*...apparently, deathstrike is indeed a cyborg, but i meant she wasnt a cyborg in the movie...my bad if i upset anyone

notme
She better not come back. I don't think that they will bring deathstrike back because, they will already be bringing jean back as Phoenix(I think because of the flaming bird under the water at the lake at the end)(if you didn't understand that I understand). wink

aLiceXwndrLnd
plain and simple, if they bring up wolverines past, theyll bring her back...after all, he does need to get rejected, again... (poor wolvie, why must u like that prat jean??*sorry, but she is a real goody two shoes, and honestly, its sad how she rejects him*)

tokyo_goddess
I'll like her back, she is, Kelly Hu is signed up for the next movie, she ain't playing another character.

Kes
alice> Every big fan of x-men comics was upset because Deathstrike had healing powers which in the comic she doesn't (if I'm not mistaken)

Blopster
Its been pretty much said that Deathstrike's cybernetic parts accelerate her healing (nano-machines or something), but never to the extent of Wolverine's healing factor.

Paola
Yeah, I go with Blopster, I understood the exact same thing...

Rogue Jedi
word up.....

Kes
In the comics.
In the movie they made her just like Wolvie.

Paola
So she was a mutant with a healing factor and Stryker made her as an EXACT copy of Wolverine?????...... so Stryker is soooooooooo imaginative and original!!!!!
I stay with Blopster rock

Kes
What I mean is they changed the character for the movie. I mean even if she had healing powers she wouldn't survive that unless her healing ability was like Wolvies and has Jean says in the 1st movie, Wolvies ability is amazing! (not in those words).

whiterider
your right kelly hu is signed on to be in the 3rd movie, and sometimes they do change the characters in movies to some extent. but i thought that the adamantium gave wolverine and lady deathstrike there powers. somebody please correct me if i am wrong.

Kes
The Adamantium gives them their claws, nails in Lady Deathstrikes case, and the adamantium squeleton (sp). the healing ability is their natural mutation. And in Wolvies case the tuned sences too.

aLiceXwndrLnd
wrong kes, wolverine got his hightened sences and his claws the day he got his healing powers. its in the comic, origin. v. good book, btw. anyway, his mutation was healing, hightened senses, and bone claws. the weapon x experiment just put the adamantium over all his bones, and erased his memory.

Kes
I think thats what I said. blink
Yeh I forgot he had bone clwas but they didn't came out, right?!
Oh whatever. Who cares?!wink

Connor McLeod
Kelly Hu already signed on. She's Back!!

aLiceXwndrLnd
she may have signed on, but remember, it could just be flashback sequences.

Connor McLeod
get Gambit on X3!!
http://www.petitiononline.com/gamnrog/petition.html

Kes
She might not appear at all. The actress signed for 2movies. Singer could have changed is mind and only use her in 1.

whiterider
thanks for tellin me that kes and alicexwnderlnd

whiterider
about wolverine

Kes
About Wolverine?blink

aLiceXwndrLnd
i think w.rider means about wolverines origins, kes.

Kes
Oh. Duh Thanks. I kinda read so many posts it all gets confusing blink

whiterider
yeah i feel the same way kes, especially matrix ones when everyone puts some much detail into it, my mind cant take that during the summer ya know

Kes
Indeed smile Plus I have to read all the posts her and in Movie Discussion messed

buffymitch
I would have no problem if Yuriko Oyama came back. Only she should not take revenge on Wolverine. She should join the X-men and she should fall in love with him. (they were in fact lovers from a long time ago) I don't know how that will work because the love triangle between Scott, Jean And logan is exciting enough. I have no idea what Brian Singer will do but there is no way that he can dissapoint me.
I also wouldn't like it if Mystique were to imitate Yuriko. Yuriko must get her own characer. I also would like to see Senator Kelly Return as himself.

Kes
Well Senator kelly is really dead.

buffymitch
Well I don't know. In the first movie Magneto says "Are you sure you saw what you saw"

Kes
Well we see him turn into water and basiclly go down the drane but...blink
It would be wierd if he was alive.

buffymitch
That would make him a new kind of mutant. Think about it. he can go through almost anything. Maybe it sounds a bit far fetched but i belivee that line was put in that movie for a reason.

Kes
To out there. The movie so far has been quite down to earth (considering they're mutants stick out tongue ) dont know if Singer would do that.

aLiceXwndrLnd
well ive heard singer thinks on his feet a lot, and i have to admit that line has always bothered me. plus theres the fact that hes supposed to become president and help mutants because the xmen save him. so, maybe...

X-WOMen
Are you even sure Senator Kelly is dead because the president didn't seem to notice when Mystique was immitating him.

aLiceXwndrLnd
thats cuz no one knows hes dead. the body was never found, and mystique is all pro at mimicking ppl.

CaptainInsano
No here's what happens well at least I am pretty sure that this is what happens. At the end of X2 when xolverine fills her with metal magneto finds her and takes the metal out of her. The metal rips throught her body but she is ok because of the healing factor. anyway thats what my cousin(huge fan) said.

Kes
How does Magneto find her? And why would he do that?

CaptainInsano
You notice that Magneto and his followers, (pyro and everyone) don't leave the snowy place immediately. Hey It's just a theory but I'm pretty sure thats what happens.

CaptainInsano
He could always use more followers, If Pyro joins him then he only has Mystique, toad, sabretooth. he needs more followers.

aLiceXwndrLnd
im pretty sure deathstrike never teams up with magneto, she marchs to her own drum and all. and doesnt she lead the morlocks after callistos gone? and that whole metal ripped from the body, that happened to wolverine, not deathstrike.

Kes
It seems to me like he leaves right away. But either way she was inside the compound not outside.

CaptainInsano
good point but did pyro ever join magneto?

Kes
Well he left in Magnetos chopper.

CaptainInsano
No I mean in the comics

Kes
Oh! Aaah cant remember messed

CaptainInsano
Well however she comes back she will definately come back, you can count on that

aLiceXwndrLnd
i dont think pyro ever teamed up w magneto, he was one of those random mutants that showed up in like every couple episodes, he was like a lone mutant terrorist w his buddy(guy in the gray suit, avalanche i think) but they did dirty work for ppl so he mite have worked for magneto once or twice

Blopster
Pyro was a part of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, which was originally founded by Magneto. At the time of Pyro's emerging, though, it was commanded by Mystique.

And Deathstrike never leaded the Morlocks. The leaders of the Morlocks have been: Calisto, Storm, Masque and Mikhail Rasputin.

CaptainInsano
But don't forget guys this is the movie. Singer has already screwed up the fact that mysique is nightcrawlers mother, trust me nightcrawler is way to old and when they are talking he never says mom and she never says son. I got a question though did deathstrike ever work for stryker?

Blopster
In the 'God Loves, Man Kill, Part II' (which is concluding this month in X-Treme X-Men and the original is what X2 was based on), Deathstrike is working for Stryker...kinda.

And they do leave open the possibility of Nightcrawler & Mystique. Mystique, in the comics, is something like 50 years old. Her shapeshifting delays her aging. And let's not forget that Mystique dumped Kurt because he ruined her plans for being rich. She resents him, and that could act as a reason why she didn't go, "Hey, son!" Still, she did give some motherly advice to him in X2.

CaptainInsano
Sorta but It didn't come across very well, and In man kill, part 4 wolverine fights deathstrike its pretty cool check it out

aLiceXwndrLnd
ok, bout deathstrike leading morlocks, someone told me she did at one point. my bad. and yeah, i really think singer was trying to allude to the mother/son thing with that dialogue. o, and is mystique only 50? in xtreme xmen they make it seem like shes been alive a long time

Blopster
That's just my guess. Her real age has never been revealed.

And, yes, I've read that issue already, Cpt. I'm really looking forward to the conclusion.

nacciw
Kelly Hu (a.k.a. lady deathstrike) has signed on to make a sequel.

Kes
nacciw> She didnt sign for a sequel, she signed for 2movies. That doesn't mean she will be in X3. Signing for 2 movies is comon when it comes to superhero ovies.

must_kill_Santa
the actor has signed on for the next film so i think she might

Blind-Enemy
x2 is based in God Loves, Man Kills original story, and not the X-treme x-men one

ab012f9448
If deathstrike did somehow come back from the dead why bother going after wolverine. She was under strykers control in x2 so she probably didn't want to hurt wolverine. Yeah she'll have a grudge cause he filled her up with adamantium but he did what he had to do to survive. confused

Paola
maybe she won't remember.......

ab012f9448
Good point. yes I wonder what story they would go with if she didn't remember?

SK88728
SHE BETTER COME BACK! Plus she is already sighned papers for coming back in the X3 movie. But what is with this cybor talk?! You all saw is your self, Logan cut her and she healed. But did you notice that she had blood?! I dont care what the comics say. Her and Jean will probably come back in the next movie. I dont know who said it, but there was a bird of, kinda like fire, about to come out of the lake when the movie ended. And I dont think that even thought Logan stabed her and 'filled her up' would kill her. It's only in her vains. Think, Logan got that little metal bullet to come out of his head. She'l do something like it. It's not attached to her.

Happy Dance Shane Happy Dance

Blind-Enemy
NOT CARE ABOUT THE COMICS!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

first that bullet should never reached the brain or whatever, it should never pass through the skull.

deathstrike is a cyborg but she also have the healing thing, it was attached to her ( dont remember well)

the brid in the lake was the PHOENIX, as the DARK PHOENIX SAGA

if is only in her vains she would have died, adamantium is indestructible, so without a blood circulation EVEN wolverine should die

Paola
maybe after her death she will become a cyborg.....

Blind-Enemy
at this point i dont mind what they do with her

ab012f9448
Nah, neither do I. Bring on PHOENIX!!!!

X-WOMen
I would like Deathstrike if she were on the X-men side more. I don't know why but i just do.

Blind-Enemy
i've say so many times that i really hated that they made deathstrike a mutant and not a cyborg, but i think that's a important part of the character, because she's a ''normal young women'' who gave up her humanity for just a chance to be in par with wolverine, so she can seek revenge.
a true case of love turned into pure hate

Paola
I have a serious doubt about Deathstrike in X2, hope someone can clear it up: Wouldn't her "healing factor" kind of block Stryker's "manipulative stuff" big grin ???
or what kind of mutant is she?

X-WOMen
Since Stryker created her in the movie he must've gave her the same ability to heal.

Blind-Enemy
yes paola, i think that's a mistake

Ave
A few people mentioned that Lady Deathstrike was a mutant. This is not correct, she is a normal human. Though, she was a highly skilled swordswoman and assassin. She gets all her abilities from her cybernetics. Claws, healing power (pretty good whether it's as good as woverine's or not), and enhanced combat abilities to original superior ones. I have to admit that I was disappointed in that she wasn't really portrait the same in the movie as in the comics, but when you find out that she is undercontrol of stryker, this becomes acceptable. I had originally thought that the mind control was only designed to work on mutants, so one would think that it wouldn't on lady deathstrike. Well strker's son could control his and his wife's mind, so guess the mind control serum works on mutants and humans alike. Someone also said that Stryker built Lady Deathstrike, which isn't correct. In the movie he saids he thought that Woverine was one of a kind and was surprise to find another. Lady Deathstrike was built by Sprial and Pierce of the Reavers (a group of cyborgs). It is also hinted to that she was built by aliens, I thinking this could be referring to Mojo. If spiral was involved then one would assume that Mojo also. Interested to learn more about this, if anyone could go more about spiral and mojo that would be appreciated. Could Lady Deathstrike come back in a movie sequel and still be roughly following the comics? I say yes. I'm a huge woverine fan and Deathstike is my favorite villain. I hate when they bring back characters that die badly. So here is the only way I can see it taking place...

When woverine left Yuriko Oyama is practically dead. Her internal organs are filled with the liquid adamantium and is starting to cool. She will have between 5-10 minutes before she is brain dead. Well she has cybernetic implants design to heal her body. This will extend the time, but the cybernetics will start to get destroyed as the adamantium starts taking over. Yes, the is the possibility that they can reject all the foreign material before it cools. I don't feel that would be possible, without some serious medical attention from a group specializing in cybernetics. I'm of course referring to the Reavers. Pierce can rebuild human flesh into sinster distort reflections of it's original. Pierce and the reavers would have to come in shortly after Wolverine leaves and before the dam breaks. They are a highly trained, experience, and well equipped mercenary unit that would mostly be observing the area. Especially if Lady Deathstrike was one of the members, or they were looking to recruit her. Of course, in the comics she was, but the movie differs on timeline of character memberships. They could have mobilized shortly after they saw the X-Men plane fly into the area and then airlifted her out. Then, started the extensive rebuild process. But, now the Reavers would have a new store of adamantium which they would have their dissposal. So, and X-men 3 with Kelly Hu playing Lady Deathstrike leading the reavers into battle against the X-Men as she try's to get her revenge would make a great third movie. Oh, yeah we get to look forward to coming of the phoenix also . hehe, I'm sure that would be good also, I would rather see a whole centering around woverine and deathstrike.

People asked why would Lady Deathstrike want to get revenge on Woverine. I legitimate question if you only watched the movie. Yuriko comes from a Yakuza crime family and her father created the process of grafting adamantium to bone. She believes that Woverine stold the process along with Stryker. Side Note: in the movie Stryker most likely didn't find Lady Deathstrike, she found him. She probably hunted him down the in process of trying to get back her father's process. This may or may have not been with the Reavers. Stryker captured her and put her under control with the serum. Well with Stryker dead (we can only hope, because that would be too much) her attention will now be on the second half of the theft, Woverine. The fact that Woverine almost kills her (assuming she comes back) in X-2 will only give her more respect for him, she has the strong character of a Samurai. This respect will drive more intense in beating him. She feels that Woverine is the only suitable opponent for her. She also wants his adamantium, which she feels she can extract.

Well, I think I went alittle overboard in this post. Sorry, I just started typing and didn't realize how long it went on for. Well, I would look forward in seeing her in a sequel, as long as it is done well. I like Kelly Hu, but she just doesn't get the rolls she deserves. I feel she can do the roll of Lady Deathstrike. We she isn't on a mind control, she can be a viscous and ruthless fighter when against Woverine. The fight scene in X-2 was good, but Lady Deathstrike can be MUCH more furious.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.