Your Collection.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

doomboy
Tell us all about your collection, and why you chose those particular discs.

I'll start.

The Matrix Revisited (2-disc) - Every home should have one. It's the Matrix!

The Rocky Horror Picture Show - Do you even need to ask? It's a classic! B-movie effects, and great songs, and Tim Curry is some weird kinda god.

Monsters Inc. - Greatest animated movie to date?

The Lost Boys - Eighties Goth chic at its best.

Goldmember - I love the Austin Powers series, and this is my second favourite. Plus it was on sale.

X-Men - I've been a fan on the comic book series for years, and this movie really captured the sense of wonder inherent in the books.

The Nightmare Before Christmas - A Tim Burton masterpiece. With wonderful songs by Danny Elfman.

Tron - The effects are dated, but still quite stunning. To this day, I believe this is how the inside of my computer looks.

T2: Judgment Day - The best in the series, in my opinion. Fantastic. With Guns N Roses on the soundtrack too!

Forever Delayed: Greatest Hits, Manic Street Preachers - Their vidoes collected, and it's always nice to see Nicky and Richey made up like the most beautiful whores in Christendom, pouting away at the camera.

Bo' Selecta: Series One - Absolute genius from the twisted mind of Avid Merrion.

The Clash: Westway To The World - Stunning docuentary of the bands history, with a great short film by Don Letts "Clash On Broadway" thrown in for good measure.

Star Trek: First Contact and Star Trek: The Wrath Of Khan - The two best Trek films in my opinion.

Spaced: Series 2 - Another great British comedy series, from Simon Pegg and Jessica Stevenson. Surreal.

A Clockwork Orange - Kubrickian genius. Perhaps my favourite film.

One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest - Jack Nicholsons greatest performace in my humble opinion.

Catch Me If You Can - I loved this film in the cinema, and it was an impulse buy when out shopping. Light and frothy. The cinematic equivalent of a cappuchino.

Your turn.

DB xxx

Silent-Bob77
Well i have a fairly large collection now, so i'll give you some edited highlights....
Evil Dead Trilogy special editions: What can i say, Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell rule!!
Clerks/ Mallrats etc: As you can tell fom the name, i'm a huge Kevin Smith fan, I love them all.
Jackass the Movie: Funny in the cinema but funnier at home with the extras!!
Family Guy Season 1,2 and 3: I love the Simpsons but they take for ever to come out, Family Guy is ruder, cruder and just as funny.
Spaced series 1 & 2: Sooo funny, got me through some tough times, wicked!
The Usual Suspects: Amazing film, great twists, always a good one to watch.
Sooo many others, these are just off the top of my head.

geek DVD is the best thing to happen to film in ages!!

doomboy
Ahh classic discs, each and every one.

Good taste mate.

Db xxx

Silent-Bob77
Why thank you!! You gotta love DVD, it is so easy to go mad and buy stuff you'd never buy on video, the extras can really sell a disc. What is the worst DVD you've bought?

wicker_man
Havent really got 1.
My Favs ive got though are:
Dawn of the Dead - One of the best audio commentaries on DVD.
Snatch - One of the best making ofs available.
Dog Soldier/Mummy Returns - Hilarious outakes
The Simpsons,T2 & LotR TFotR SE - Excellent all round extras.
League of Gentlemen - Funny Interviews
Monty Python & THG - The Lego dance says it all.

scott hiwersh
NO kidding, I am going to get the TTTDVD for the trailer, extra footage and gollum statue! I guess that is a good amount of extra stuff, but it is funny that I am buying an entire DVD mainly b/c of the extras. Worst DVD choice was "Sex and the City season 1" .... but it was for my girlfriend. I do have to admit it is funny though. peace

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.