How Many Mins Of Darth Do You Wany 2 See

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Leog14
a POLL, HOW MUCH TIME DO YOU THINK THEY SHOULD SHOW VADER FOR. HOW MUCH? 20 MINS, 10 MINS, 30 MINS, OR JUST A SMALL SCENE AT THE END OF THE MOVIE IN FULL COSTUME.

KidRock
or do you mean how many HOURS do you wanna see darth vader. I love Vader hes the man.

ALL HAIL THE SITH!

imhotep
Yeahh, you really should think that in ANH Vader is this long feared monster, feared by both sides. Just a few minutes won't be enough to establish that

Leog14
So how much time do you want to see Vader, I mean 1) Briefly, 2) Half the movie, or 3) at the ending . Choose now!

Captain REX
Number 2.

cookies2006
i think we will see it in the middle. Bcuz Samuel L. Jackson said that he just got done shooten EP3. So i think, im pretty sure he gets killed by anakin or vader as u would like to here.

Rogue Jedi
i would say we will see 30 to 45 minutes of vader.

cookies2006
yeah that would be my call.

master harmax
Lucas has been quoted as saying that Vader will only appear towards the end, for a few minutes ...

justinday15
That would be gay. I want to see vader at least 30 or 40 minutes.

Dexx
highly unlikely. Not with that black suit on him anyway. The movie will probably have lots of scenes with anakin being drawn by sidious. Maybe we will see him evil...but in the suit..probably at the end

Rogue Jedi
rebuttal time: i think harmax is right. anakin will be in vader gear at the end of the movie.

thisisnotreal
that is true, he was a monster in the other movies and now they are going to show him a very short tiime in rise of the empire? that sucks
they need to establish him being a so called monster

Member.
yea

wicker_man
This is meant to be the last film of the Star Wars franchise (well at least for this saga there could be some spin offs ?) so to tie up the whole Anakin > Vader scenario in one film, Mr Lucas is gonna need a good basis to keep fans happy as we all know Vaders later life and indeed his demise, its really only his early begins that we need to know about for a start the introduction of his infamous outfit,the anger to name just two details, as for an approximate time i cannont really comment all i can say is for any really good explanation it is going to need to be fairly lengthly.

Rogue Jedi
the fact that you know it is anakin under the armor is enough. they dont need to show 45 minutes to 1 hour of him in the armor to show that he is a bad guy.

Captain REX
Are you insane Rogue? You definitely need to show how evil the prequel Vader is, still being quite close to the prime of his life.

Rogue Jedi
why do you keep questioning my sanity? i have my own opinions, just like you have yours. just because you dont agree doesnt mean i am wacko....maybe you should stop and consider that maybe, just maybe you could be wrong.....its not that hard.....

finti
I agree with RJ on the Vader issue here, I dont think we will see more than 10 min of vader at the most. We all know the evil Vader is capable off

Rogue Jedi
exactly..anakin will already establish himself as one bad mutha, the fact that he will be in vader gear doesnt make him more evil.

Ushgarak
Yup, we only need to see it briefly.

Captain REX
*points to avatar words*

*says nothing*

master harmax
Far as I'm concerned, I would like to see a lot more of Vader in his prime, rather than just a few minutes.

In my opinion, the pace at which events have moved, so far in the prequel story have been too slow ... and the fault I think primarily lies with AOTC. I think some of the things that Lucas will probably seek to establish about Anakin ( e.g. extraordinary flying capabilities etc. ) should have already been done with in the 2nd movie of the PT.

By the third movie, the dark tendencies should be much more pronounced, and the emergence of Vader ( suit and all ) should happen by the middle of the film - leaving ample time for footage of Vader in his prime.

Captain REX
Hello Harmax!

Yeah, that's what I think. I thought Lucas tried to establish the skills in TPM though, with the podrace. And we know some of his piloting skills from ANH.

Rogue Jedi
anakin did display his piloting skills in 1 & 2. the podrace and chasing zam wessell.

Lyn
Yeah, GL has established Anakin's abilities in regards to flying and his sabre skills. He also showed us the anger emerging and Anakin's inner conflict due to his love for Padme and the tiny amount of hatred he holds for Obi-Wan.
Ep3 will show the end of the Republic, the rise of the Empire and Palpatine as Emperor, the death of several Jedi including Mace Windu, the birth of the twins and the complete transformation of Anakin as he turns to the dark side.
GL doesnt have to establish that Vader is evil, we already know this...he will only show a small scene or 2 with full Vader cozzie towards the end.

Ushgarak
Anakin's fall, surely, has to be the CLIMAX of the film, not the mid-point.

Lyn
Yeah thats basically what the PT focuses on. I mean it shows what happened to the Jedi and the Republic, and how the Emperor came to power etc...but it does evolve around Anakin. That's what Ep3 is, the film where he becomes evil. I'd hope it would be a climax too Ush. But I just cant see the "vader suit" playing a huge part in it. His actual turning will not necessarily the costume.

Rogue Jedi
right on the money, lyn.....

Lyn
big grin Thanx RJ...
I remember when I saw Ep2 with my family, my Dad came out of the theatre and just kept commenting on the part where Shmi dies and Anakin gets really really angry. We were all really impressed with it. GL must know that's what everyone's waiting for.

Leog14
Anakin gets so pissed when his mother Shmi dies that he kills the women and children, so I'm suggesting that when Padme dies he takes his anger on someone else and barely survives. He then makes a prototype Vader suit which is probably left for the last 20 mins of the movie and at the end they finally show him finishing it off with a black coating. He stands next tp the emperor as they begin to go to Coruscant and destroy the Jedi Order. There has to be some movie left for Vader. it's going to be a dramatic finish like ID4 or T3 or Armaggeddon. Something of the destruction of the the Jedi Temple. Maybe even with some of the Death Star. Not the main death star laser but something from it. It would be a lot to swallow in the ending. I nearly exploded when I saw Dooku chop anakin's hand off. Sad time.

Lyn
Yes, that was very sad...I didn't expect it. But yeah what your saying Leog14 is what I hope for, and I can truly see Anakin going completely over the edge if anything happened to Padme.

Captain REX
Yeah, he'll go ballistic.

Rogue Jedi
analyze that.

Altar[1stONE]
I hate this rumor about anakin being in a completly diffrent suit and vader will be no where in sight in the film. I would rather have anakin be in a temporary suit and kill some jedi in it , but later as he grows in the dark side . Be given the vader suit , a real sign palpatines legence to his new aprentice.

General Kaliero
I agree that the climax of the movie would be a strong one if Vader appeared at the end.

But that is thinking in terms of only the single movie. If you think of it on the scale of the whole story, Vader must establish his awesome strength in the Force effectively in Ep. III, to give his first appearance in ANH the power that GL obviously wanted it to hold.

Lyn
Yeah, agree with you there General...

General Kaliero
Someone supports my veiws... WOW. Llaughing out loudL

Lyn
happy From what I've read General, your views are pretty good.

General Kaliero
Oh, I'm flattered... Thanx. stick out tongue

Lyn
Your welcome... wink

Member.
good ideas general.

General Kaliero
Cool. Now I feel all smart! stick out tongue

Captain REX
But you're not that smart. stick out tongue

Actually, now I sort of agree with the whole "Holding his appearance until ANH". He is very foreboding when he marches through that door onto the Blockade Runner.

x-men
lucas said that bionical vader will only have around 5 mins on screenand also 5 mins of james earl jones voice

General Kaliero
well, now that he's said that, you can't trust it! stick out tongue It's LIES, ALL LIES!!!!!!

x-men
i dont think so.
even hayden christensen,james earl jones and rick mccallum have confirmed the same thing stick out tongue

Darth Hater
vader will have 30 min screen time...i think most of it will be w/o his classic armor.then we will see him fall into the lava pit and well,ya know the rest...after that,he will kill all the jedi except for yoda and obie(in his armor).i don't expect much screen time from the classic vader tho...to the question itself,i want to see as much vader as possible...not some crappy five minute ish.

General Kaliero
I want Vader to have HIS suit, not some stupid different suit. Classic Vader needs a reasonable amount of screentime to establish that his new visage is truly the baddest bad dude in the galaxy. stick out tongue

Ushgarak
That doesn't NEED establishing; the existing trilogy did that.

General Kaliero
You're still looking at it from an offset point of view. Say after the whole thing's done, you show them all, in order, back-to-back, to some guy who's never seen them before.

If Vader only gets five minutes as screen time, that guy's gonna wonder why the hell this same dude is appearing in the next part. "How was he important? He was only in the last five minutes."

Look at it WITHIN the movies' order, and Vader needs to appear at LEAST for a third of the movie.

Captain REX
*shrug*

Rogue Jedi
ush is right. ep.4,5 and 6 established how evil vader is. and i am sure we will anakin go apeshit enough to realize he is evil. the fact that he wont be wearing the vader gear is irrelevant.

General Kaliero
Whatever. Apparently, I can't get my thoughts down in writing correctly, because I can clearly understand what I'm TRYING to say.

But it is a lost cause to argue this point, for GL will make the movie how he sees fit, regardless of fans' opinions...

Rogue Jedi
he is a bit of a mad scientist, isnt he.....

Lyn
Mad Scientist, nice nickname for GL RJ...laughing

Ushgarak
Good- nothing worse than a filmmaker making films for fans rather than for himself.

And I look at it in an offset way because that is how it is MEANT to be seen, GK. These films are all being made with the fact the OT has already been made in mind. It doesn't matter at all how it looks when viewed in order- nothing needs to be established at all, if that is so, other than that Anakin turns evil. The only reason you THINK it needs to be established is BECAUSE you have seen the original trilogy.

Your idea that a person watching them in order will wonder what Vader is doing in ANH strikes me as VERY odd indeed. I cannot see any reason why there would be any such problem at all.

General Kaliero
I'll try to write down my thoughts again.

Vader has appeared only in the last 5 mins of Ep. III.

Suddenly, he's this all-out evil dude commanding everything in the Imperial forces.

You gotta wonder: WHEN did he get so much sudden power? HOW?

I dunno, I guess it's just the way I think...

Ushgarak
Why would I wonder that at all? It is 20 years on, he is the Emperor's apprentice, makes PERFECT sense to me.

Rogue Jedi
exactly....and its not like hes powerless in ep.2.

krassin
gh

Lyn
I can kind of get what you're saying General, but I have to agree with Ush and RJ on this one. He is powerful as Anakin in Ep2, and grows even more so when he turns and becomes Darth Vader.

Rogue Jedi
exactly....the fact that he is wearing the vader armor doesnt make him more evil.

Member.
but it looks evil and he turns evil.

General Kaliero
*bows humbly* I see my current disposition of mind is simply a mistake upon my part of looking at the movies in a way other than JUST movies. Excuse me for being too into Star Wars....

General Kaliero
((I didn't mean for that to sound hauty or annoyed or anything, that's not how I meant for it to come out))

Lyn
General, you can never be TOO into Star Wars, look at me!! happy

Ushgarak
(looks at you)

Hmmm!

General Kaliero
*looks at Lyn*

Umm...

*looks at self*

*sees black sith cloak, two lightsabres, an R-2 unit*

*looks at own room*

*Sees ONLY Star Wars things, TV, and bed*

Lyn
Sounds fine to me...I have posters and things on my wall and I cop so much rubbish for it.

Ushgarak
Neat.

Leog14
Believe me Star Wars isn't a saga, it's a religion. Sorry I had to get into it and make it corny but you guys weren't going anywhere with what you were saying.

Ushgarak
Doesn't look like a good excuse to me...

General Kaliero
Not at all...

Lyn
huh blink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.