What Movie Am I????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KrazyK
In this twisted romantic comedy, Celine is a spoiled, rich young woman whose worst nightmare is having her credit card rejected. Robert is a hapless janitor whose greatest dream is to write the Great American Trash Novel. When Celine is kidnapped by the bumbling Robert, a pair of celestial cops are dispatched to Earth to make sure they live HAPPILY EVER AFTER.

Clues: made in 1997

Male lead: Irish hunk with "The Force"

Female lead: Blonde babe with "wings"

wicker_man
A Life Less Ordinary
Starring Cameron Diaz & Ewan McGregor

KrazyK
When NASA's executive director, Dan Truman realizes the Earth has 18 days before it's obliterated by a meteor the size of Texas, ha e has only one option---land a ragtag team of roughneck oil drillers on the asteroid and drop a nuclear war head into it's core.

Pretty easy .....one no clues

wicker_man
Armageddon

KrazyK
A epic adventure of mystery and obsession unflods when Charles Morritz, an appraiser of rare musical instruments, discovers a one of a kind instrument at a prestigious Montreal auction house. Convinced he's found an authentic, long-lost masterpiece, Morritz uncovers the spectacular journey of the priceless instrument. How it changed hands and the lives of all who touched it. When the instrument's shocking secret is fianlly revealed, Morritz must wrestle with his own demons and choose between burying the truth, and risking everything.

Made: 1998

wicker_man
Difficult but i will go for The Red Violin Starring Samuel L Jackson

KrazyK
You're very good at these (but then again they're not that hard)
Three points for Wicker Man Happy Dance

try this one:
Glam rock star Brian Slade, who does a character named Maxwell Demon, predicts his own death onstage. As per his prediction, this happens, but when the killing is exposed as a hoax, it marks the end of Slade's stardom. A decade later, in 1984, Brit reporter and former Slade fan Arthur Stuart, who witnesses the hoax murder, gets the assignment to do a "Whatever Happened To..?" article, and the film's plot suddenly goes into a prismatic Citizen Kane mode, reflecting various angles on Slade's life and career. Arthur visits the wheelchair-bound Cecil, who discovered Slade, and then tracks Slade through his early life and his initial encounter with outrageous, maniacal American singer Curt Wild. Slade's rise begins as manager Jerry Divine moves in to take over the performer's career. Ex-wife Mandy Slade, interviewed by Arthur in a dimly lit nightclub, has memories going back to their initial 1969 Sombrero Club encounter. Their marriage paralleled his Bowie-like ascent to fame as an innovative, bisexual rock star pushing the limits. Idolized by teens, Slade teamed up for a while with the drug-addicted Wild. Eventually, the marriage of Mandy and Slade comes to an end, and she hasn't seen him in seven years when she's interviewed by Arthur.

wicker_man
Velvet Goldmine starring Ewan McGregor and Jonathan Rhys Meyers i believe

KrazyK
ok I thought I might have gotten you with that one since it wasn't well known...but again you knew it. Bravo!
Got one more for you and then I have to go to work mad

With a nod towards the films of Aki Kaurismaki, this off-beat, whimsical directorial debut by British filmmaker Sue Clayton, centers on the mysterious disappearance of the titular Irish youth, who late one night, leapt from a freeway overpass and was never heard from again. Three years later, his family and his friend Danny still grieve. Matters are made worse when a pop song about Danny and the incident becomes a smash hit in Europe. Shortly after, Danny receives a phone call from Finbar who is in Scandinavia. Thus begins Danny's search for Finbar, a search that leads him to a tiny Lapland village located near the Finnish border. There he is taken in by an icy beauty named Abbi and soon begins to rebuild the life that was shattered by the disappearance of Finbar. When Finbar suddenly returns, problems arise.

wicker_man
The Dissaperance of Finbar again starring Johnathan Rhys Myers

KrazyK
Here's a new one for everyone:

Alice and Darlene, best friends, decide to take a trip to Thailand to celebrate high-school graduation. While there, they are befriended by charming Australian rogue Nick Parks. Nick convinces them to take a weekend side trip to Hong Kong, but at the airport, they are busted for smuggling drugs. They are convicted in a show trial and sentenced to 33 years; in desperation, they contact Yankee Hank, an American lawyer based in Thailand who has been reported to be helpful if you've got the cash.

KrazyK
Wicker Man has 5 points rock

Godshinto
The name of the Movie is Brokedown Palace with Claire Daines

KrazyK
Godshinto 1 point
Wicker Man 5 points

Here's the next one:

Clarence Worley is a well-meaning but socially unskilled comic shop clerk whose idea of a big night out is catching a Sonny Chiba triple-feature at a downtown grind house. Clarence is celebrating his birthday in just such a manner when he meets a beautiful girl named Alabama, and it's love at first sight for both of them. Clarence's enthusiasm isn't damped much when he discovers Alabama is actually a prostitute who was paid by his boss to bump into him; she's only been in the business for a few days, and is more than eager to give up streetwalking to be with Clarence. However, Alabama is certain her pimp, Drexl, will not be happy; he's an ill-mannered sort with mob connections and a fondness for violence. Chivalrous Clarence offers to break the news to Drexl and collect her belongings, but he doesn't tell her he also plans to kill Drexl while he's there; a melee breaks out that leaves Drexl and his henchmen dead. Clarence grabs a suitcase that he thinks contains Alabama's clothes, but he discovers it instead holds $5 million worth of cocaine. The couple hits the road for California, planning to sell the dope and enjoy the good life in South America with the proceeds, but soon a group of very unhappy underworld characters are after them, as well as the police. ,

KrazyK
Come on Wicker Man...don't you know this movie? bunny

wicker_man
Im thinking but it is a hard question

Godshinto
It's True Romance with Christan Slater very good movie

KrazyK
Clue: Made 1993

Female lead : ex- of The Rock star

Also stars: hubby of a "Friend"

KrazyK
Godshinto 2

Wicker Man 5

Godshinto
I just got it True Romance look up one post right above yours

KrazyK
A group of research scientists, working in an abandoned off-shore submarine facility, appear to have discovered a neuro-stimulant, extracted from the brains of sharks, that cures Alzheimer's disease. However, unknown to the rest of the researchers the project leaders Dr. Susan McAlester and Jim Whitlock have illegally used proscribed gene manipulation techniques to enhance the brain size of the sharks to attain their spectacular results. During a severe storm, whilst the researchers are celebrating their success, the newly intelligent sharks attack their captors in a bid to escape. As a result of the storm and the sharks attack strategy, the research facility suffers a catastrophic structural integrity failure and begins to submerge. The situation becomes a deadly race against time as the survivors, led by shark wrangler Carter Blake and Preacher, try to reach the surface and safety as the deadly intelligent killer-sharks continue to flood the facility and hunt their prey. Everything is at stake for the winners of this deadly game of hunter and hunted

Godshinto
Deep Blue Sea with LL Cool J cool movie I liked the big Shark

KrazyK
Godshinto 3

Wicker Man 5
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Three ex-wives, dumped for newer models, determine to get their revenge. They had helped their husbands become financially successful, so they cleverly plan to hurt their exes in their pockets. Justice is sweet and fun with plenty of great on-liners and physical gags.

Godshinto
The First Wives Club very funny one of Bette Midlers better movies

KrazyK
Godshinto 4

Wicker Man 5
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One of top Northern Ireland IRA terrorists, Frankie MgGuire, escapes to NY, where he, under the name of Rory Devaney, with support of friendly judge Peter Fitzsimmons, lives in the house of Irish cop Tom O'Meara, who doesn't know who Frankie really is. Rory tries to buy some weapons from dealer Billy Burke, while Tom has moral problems covering up his partner cop Edwin Diaz. The problems arise when Tom begins to suspect something about Rory's identity

Godshinto
The Devil's Own good Brad Pitt movie.

KrazyK
Godshinto 5

Wicker Man 5

The score is tied Happy Dance

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A comedy about bending the rules to reach your goal, which explores the world of women's football, from kick-abouts in the park to freekicks in the Final. Set in Hounslow, West London and Hamburg, the film follows two 18 year olds with their hearts set on a future in professional soccer. Heart-stopping talent doesn't seem to be enough when your parents want you to hang up your football boots, find a nice boyfriend and learn to cook the perfect chapatti.

Godshinto
Bend It Like Beckham I keep seeing that Movie review, I kind of want to see it though.

KrazyK
It's very good!!! You should go and see it

Godshinto 6

Wicker Man 5

KrazyK
A high school football coach finds himself fighting for stakes much higher than the State Championship in this drama based on actual events. In 1971, a court order forces three high schools in Alexandra, Virginia (two white, one African-American), to integrate their student bodies and faculties for the first time. As a result, Coach Bill Yoast, longtime head coach of the T.C. Williams High School football team, is asked to step down, and Herman Boone is appointed to replace him as the school's first black faculty member. The new coach is hardly welcomed with open arms, either by the school's staff or the students, and the newly integrated team is full of players (both black and white) who have little trust or respect for one another. But Boone is determined to put a winning team on the field -- it's how he approaches the game, and his future depends on it. Against long odds, Boone helps his team overcome distrust and misunderstanding of their coach (and each other) as they become a gridiron force to be reckoned with.

wicker_man
Clash of The Titans with Denzel Washington Maybe

KrazyK
you're so close

wicker_man
how close

KrazyK
the name is a little off
but the actor is right

wicker_man
Remember the titans ?

KrazyK
Godshinto 6

Wicker Man 6

KrazyK
The 1987 National Football League players' strike inspired this sports-themed comedy. The Washington Sentinels are one of the strongest teams in pro football, and coach Jimmy McGinty and quarterback Eddie Martel look like they're on the road to the Super Bowl -- until contract negotiations break down and the Sentinels go on strike. Determined to play the team's schedule, McGinty and owner Edward O'Neil recruit a ragtag band of scab players, headed by quarterback Shane Falco, a promising athlete until a catastrophic defeat dashed his confidence. Joining Falco on the team are Clifford Franklin, a receiver who can't catch the ball; Nigel Gruff, a chain-smoking Welsh soccer player; Bateman, a former cop with anger management problems; Fumiko, a sumo wrestler new to football; and Wilkinson, a convict on parole to the Sentinels. Can McGinty mold his new squad of misfits and no-hopers (who truly love the game) into a winning team?

wicker_man
cool

KrazyK
The 1987 National Football League players' strike inspired this sports-themed comedy. The Washington Sentinels are one of the strongest teams in pro football, and coach Jimmy McGinty and quarterback Eddie Martel look like they're on the road to the Super Bowl -- until contract negotiations break down and the Sentinels go on strike. Determined to play the team's schedule, McGinty and owner Edward O'Neil recruit a ragtag band of scab players, headed by quarterback Shane Falco, a promising athlete until a catastrophic defeat dashed his confidence. Joining Falco on the team are Clifford Franklin, a receiver who can't catch the ball; Nigel Gruff, a chain-smoking Welsh soccer player; Bateman, a former cop with anger management problems; Fumiko, a sumo wrestler new to football; and Wilkinson, a convict on parole to the Sentinels. Can McGinty mold his new squad of misfits and no-hopers (who truly love the game) into a winning team?

wicker_man
The Replacements with Gene Hackman,Keanu Reeves & Rhys Ifans.

KrazyK
Godshinto 6

Wicker Man 7

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In order to generate more endorsement revenue, Champion City's resident superhero Captain Amazing arranges for the release of supervillian Casanova Frankenstein, only to be captured by him. The city's fate rests in the hands of seven loser superhero wannabes: the fork-flinging Blue Rajah, the shovel-wielding Shoveler, the posessed bowling ball-hurling Bowler, the flatulent Spleen, the only-when-nobody's-looking Invisible Boy, the mysterious Sphinx, and the perpetually-angry Mr. Furious.

wicker_man
Mystery Men totally underated film

KrazyK
Godshinto 6

Wicker Man 8

##############################################
Samantha Caine, suburban homemaker, is the ideal mom to her 8 year old daughter Caitlin. She lives in an ideal New England small town, has a job teaching school and makes the best Rice Krispie treats in town. But when she receives a bump on her head, she begins to remember small parts of her previous life as a lethal, top-secret agent. Her old chums in the Chapter are now out to kill her so she enlists the help of a cheap detective named Mitch. As Samantha remembers more and more of her previous life, she becomes deadlier and more resourceful. Both Mitch and Charly proceed to do the killing thing, the bleeding thing and the shooting thing

wicker_man
tough 1

KrazyK
Clue:
Lead male star also plays: Mace Windu

Godshinto
It's the Movie The Long Kiss Goodnight very good movie Geena Davis was good in this Picture

KrazyK
Godshinto 7

Wicker Man 8

This won might be a tough one...but then again someone might get it wink

This film is an adaptation of the Shakespear play by the same name. When a victorious general returns victorious from war, only to plant the seeds of future turmoil for himself and his family. Who says revenge is sweet?

Godshinto
Is it Othello? I'm pretty sure it is or mabey it's the movie O

KrazyK
Nope
Clues:

Made : 1999

Female star: King Kong's girlfriend in the 1976 remake

Godshinto
Oh it's Titus I remember the Movie now I have it it has a guy with a blue face anda blue background

KrazyK
BRAVO!!! I didn't think anyone would get it.
I love that movie, I'm a BIG Jonathan Rhys Meyers fan love

The score is tie again
Godshinto 8

Wicker Man 8

Try this one:

This story centers around a divorced woman in her 30's and her daughter, who are caught up in a cat-and-mouse game inside their new New York brownstone when three burglars come looking for a hidden cache of cash. Mother and daughter hide in the "panic room," a secret room designed for just such a purpose, but still end up fighting for their lives

Godshinto
That one is to easy Panic Room, happens to be a favorite of mine.

An All-American trucker gets dragged into a centuries-old mystical battle in Chinatown. And has to save two green eyed girls before an evil man takes over the wiorld.

KrazyK
Big Trouble in Little China

my moms fav

KrazyK
Godshinto 9

Wicker Man 8

Godshinto
Me : 9

Wicker Man : 8

KrazyK : 1

KrazyK
When a nasty storm hits a hotel, ten strangers are stranded within and as they begin to know each other, they discover they are being killed off one by one

Godshinto
Ijust saw that the other day at my dollar show it's Identity

KrazyK
Me : 1

Godshinto : 10

One more and then it's off to work I go mad

A suburban Chicago teenager's parents leave on vacation, and he cuts loose. An unauthorised trip in his father's Porsche means a sudden need for lots of money, which he raises in a creative way

ChinaNiki
Risky Business

Godshinto
yep

KrazyK
ChinaNiki : 1

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

try this one:

Lt. Tuck Pendelton, an American pilot, takes part in an experiment where he is miniaturised inside a submarine-like craft and is to be injected into a rabbit. The bad guys try to steal him, and the machine, while he is miniaturised, and eventually he ends up inside Jack Putter, a hypochondriac.

ChinaNiki
Inner Space?

Godshinto
It's InnerSpace one word nice one Niki I like that movie alot

wicker_man
Cool heres my question addition: In a quite corner of South West Ireland nestles two villages (Ballydowse & Carrickdowse), yet despite its pituresque setting all is not quite what it seems.
For an undeclared war exists between the children of the two towns. But as fighting escaltes,emotions run high, the fantasy play becomes deadly serious.

KrazyK
ChinaNiki : 2

##############################################

Wicker Man~ is it 'War of the Buttons' ?

wicker_man
Yep, at last someone who has heard of this excellent movie one of my favourites as a child.

KrazyK
Lets try this one:

An investigative journalist moves into a garage apartment owned by a well-to-do family. The prodigal 14-year-old daughter develops a crush on him. When he acquires a new lady friend she becomes insanely jealous and begins a diabolical revenge strategy that threatens to destroy the journalist's life and friends.

KrazyK

Me : 2 Happy Dance

bravegirl
The Crush??

KrazyK

Me : 2

Bravegirl : 1

Try this one:

Eddy and Stuart share two-thirds of a dormitory suite. Due to bureaucratic error, a woman named Alex is added to their room. At first, relations among the three are tense. Soon, however, Alex falls for Eddy, and Stuart lusts after Alex. Eddy comes to realize not only that he's gay, but that he's attracted to Stuart. The three pledge not to act on any romantic (or lustful) feelings with each other, and become close friends . . . while bottling up a lot of sexual tension.

bravegirl
Threesome!!

KrazyK

Bravegirl : 2

next one :
The film initiates with two small-time thieves, Honey Bunny and Pumpkin, who spontaneously decide to hold up a restaurant. The film then shifts to the story of Jules and Vincent, who hit men for the well known and feared Marsellus Wallace, who is caught up in a deal gone wrong with struggling boxer Butch Coolidge.

bravegirl
Pulp Fiction

wicker_man
Pulp Fiction ?

wicker_man
Bravegirl got the point well done smile

KrazyK

Bravegirl : 3

Sorry Wicker Man Bravegirl beat ya by one minute

Here's one more:

In this study of Generation X manners, Lelaina, the valedictorian of her college class, camcords her friends in a mock documentary of posteducation life. Troy is her best friend, a perpetually unemployed musical slacker. Vickie is a manager at the Gap who worries about the results of an AIDS test, while Sammy has problems grappling with his sexuality. When Lelaina meets Michael, an earnest video executive who takes her homemade video to his MTV-like station, she must decide what she values--the materialism of yuppie Michael or the philosophical musings of Troy.

bravegirl
Reality Bites

KrazyK

Bravegirl : 4

wicker_man
An old lady is found dead in her home,soon the home is occupied by her nephew who begins to experience frightning apparations.

bravegirl
Hmmm...could you give a little hint? big grin

wicker_man
Sean Cunningham

KrazyK
gotta give us more

wicker_man
Spawned 3 more sequeals and William Katt starred

bravegirl
Friday the 13th??

bravegirl
No, House?

wicker_man
yep that is correct

bravegirl
Happy Dance

Godshinto
You get only one guess and it was House 1 though 4

(JC) is the last in long line of vampire hunters. After killing few vampires in one L.A. restaurant, he is chased both by police and by other vampires. In the process he meets an attractive reporter.

No actual names are going to be given to make it harder on you.

KrazyK
try this one:

Three friends discover their new flatmate dead but loaded with cash.

bravegirl
sad Oh well...

KrazyK

Bravegirl : 5

bravegirl
John Carpenters Vampires??

KrazyK
nope

bravegirl
I'm answering the other one..not yours..silly. stick out tongue

KrazyK
oh
try to get mine

bravegirl
That one I will need a little more detail..

wicker_man
Shallow Grave

KrazyK

Wicker Man : 9

Bravegirl : 5

BRAVO!!

KrazyK
try this one:

In the weekend after thanksgiving 1973 the Hoods are skidding out of control. Benjamin Hood reels from drink to drink, trying not to think about his trouble at the office. His wife, Elena, is reading self help books and losing patience with her husband's lies. Their son, Paul, home for the holidays, escapes to the city to pursue an alluring rich girl from his prep school. And young, budding nymphomaniac, Wendy Hood roams the neighborhood, innocently exploring liquor cabinets and lingerie drawers of her friends' parents, looking for something new.

wicker_man
Tough 1 can i have a clue please

bravegirl
The Ice Storm

KrazyK

Bravegirl : 6

bravegirl
Happy Dance

wicker_man
well hey i suppose im not do 2 bad

KrazyK
one more:

Stripped of his medical license after performing an operation while high on amphetamines, famed LA surgeon Dr Eugene Sands abandons his former life only to find himself crossing paths with Raymond Blossom, an infamous counterfeiter. Employed as a "gun-shot doctor" when Raymond's associates cannot risk visiting a hospital, Eugene is lured deep into the criminal world and becomes entangled with his boss's girlfriend

KrazyK
someone else post some...i want to test my movie knowledge.

bravegirl
Playing God

KrazyK

Bravegirl : 7

KrazyK
Come on bravegirl and wicker man you guys come up with some movies.

I want to get on the board with some points bunny

bravegirl
A man, suffering from short-term memory loss, uses notes and tattoos to hunt down his wife's killer.

wicker_man
Memento

bravegirl
Right!! thumb up

bravegirl
A former neo-nazi skinhead tries to prevent his younger brother from going down the same wrong path that he did

ChinaNiki
american history x

ChinaNiki
a politican's kid has a thing for horror movies

bravegirl
Yup!! You're right!

Godshinto
A boy blackmails his neighbour after suspecting him to be a Nazi war criminal.

badkittykitty
apt pupil?

KrazyK
Let's see if anyone can get this one:
(it's one of my favs from my childhood)

Eric Binford watches a lot of movies. He is the truest definition of a film geek. One day, his sanity takes a turn for the worse and he begins acting out his favorite scenes from the movies. In doing so, he manages to involve his enemies and the scenes usually result in death.

KrazyK
ChinaNiki : 3

Wicker Man : 10

Bravegirl : 7

Badkittykitty : 1

bravegirl
Fade to Black

wicker_man
Ive always wanted to see that film imagine if they updated it (Jason,Freddy,Lecter,Micheal & Leatherface to name a few) all being imitated.

KrazyK
Have you seen it...Bravegirl? I mean it was made when you were 1...hee hee hee hee.

here's the next one:

Bizarre cult movie about Family,Incest,Rape and a beautiful girl on a bear costume!

Wicker Man : 10

Bravegirl : 8

wicker_man
Nope got me on that 1

bravegirl
how about a tiny clue?
confused

wicker_man
Please

KrazyK
'Oz' from BTVS was the youngest son in this movie

wicker_man
The Hotel New Hampshire

KrazyK

Wicker Man : 11

bravegirl
Ok, here's one:

A conservative judge is appointed by the President to spearhead America's escalating war against drugs, only to discover that his teenage daughter is a heroin addict.

KrazyK
Traffic

bravegirl
Yup

bravegirl
Villains in New York are rounded up by police in an unconventional manner that worries them.

KrazyK

Me : 3

KrazyK
Norman Spencer, a university research scientist, is growing more and more concerned about his wife, Claire, a retired concert cellist who a year ago was involved in a serious auto accident, and who has just sent off her daughter Caitlin (Norman's stepdaughter) to college. Now, Claire reports hearing voices and witnessing eerie occurrences in and around their lakeside Vermont home, including seeing the face of a young woman reflected in water. An increasingly frightened Claire thinks the phenomena have something to do with the couple living next door, especially since the wife has disappeared without apparent explanation. At her husband's urging, Claire starts to see a therapist; she tells him she thinks the house is being haunted by a ghost. His advice? Try to make contact. Enlisting the help of her best friend, Jody, and a ouija board, Claire seeks to find out the truth.

wicker_man
Could i have another clue pretty please.

bravegirl
KrazyK--EASY!! What Lies Beneath

bravegirl
Clue:After release, they get together for a spot of revenge, but someone else is controling events

KrazyK

Me : 3

Bravegirl : 9

KrazyK
Usual Suspects

wicker_man
Following The arrival of a mysterious collection of Ancient South American Artifacts at The Natural History Museum, An evolutionary Biologist and a Police Lieutenant become unlikely partners when series of gruesome murders take place at the normally tranquil museum. As the body count rises the duo must race against time to battle this supernatural killer before it is too late.

bravegirl
Yup, you're right!

wicker_man
Anyone wanna answer mine?

bravegirl
I'm not sure what it is..

wicker_man
One of the actors in it has been in the news recently for less then glamarous reasons?

bravegirl
Still not getting it.. What the f**k?

wicker_man
Tom Sizemore was in it

Neo_Version 7
Is that the one with Penelope Ann Miller? Then the killer is actually some kind of ancient mythological creature. Dunno. ****in frustatrating!

wicker_man
Man you are so close the tenison is huge.

bravegirl
The Relic

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>