Sean Paul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LindsIsTightK
I just need to ask what everyone thinks of Sean Paul.

I think he is totally awesome, makes me want to get up and dance Happy Dance

What about you guys?

DemonicGambit
I don't know, I guess he's good

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i honestly dont like his music but he's good.

Killer
don't get me started..

*rolls eyes and walks out*

h0ck3yh0rr0r
...look "killer" people have there own opinions on music...so some people i guess like Sean Paul...i dont but alot of people do.

Killer
I know.. and I respect that..
but they asked.. and i have my opinions on the dude.. which i choose not to share just for that reason..

h0ck3yh0rr0r
plz do share..

Killer
that's okay.. not in the mood.. maybe tonight i will be.. i seem to complain better at that time..

h0ck3yh0rr0r
lol k smile

Killer
what ru lookin forward to it or something.. lol

h0ck3yh0rr0r
yes..yes i am

Killer
well. thats to bad..

h0ck3yh0rr0r
well...i guess it is lol

Killer
yup... i am not in the mood to complain about crappy music..

fini
SEAN PAUL SUCKS..............Bennie man rules..............u poor yanks dont ever get to hear the good stuff....tsk tsk

J_To_The_P
I think Sean Paul is great, I like "Like Glue", and "Get Busy" I think "Gimme The Light" got played out to quickly, and he's GREAT in Beyonce's Baby Boy.

And H0rr0r I've noticed from the internet/real life, that punks/goths/whatevers, just hate music without reason, the people I know who listen to rap give reasons of why we can't stand rock/punk/etc.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
very well said smile

Killer
oooo yeah... we just say "NO I HATE EM" for no absoult reason.... oooo you caught me

*laughs and walks out*

kaz
sean paul is straight shit. there is no skill there. i cant staind the music by that fake jamacin punk.

Killer
can't understand what the **** he is saying... i just hear "blah blah blah......"

kaz
he probably aint say anything. it probably is just blah blah blah

Killer
that was my guess laughing out loud

kaz
i bet there aint one real word in any of his songs.

Killer

Killer
i don't understand how some one could sing along to that.. or understand it...

and i didn't write that out.... i copy and pasted off the site

h0ck3yh0rr0r
lol i also dont understand him, but ALOT of people at my school like him. and i dont know y lol

Killer
"sean pual talk"

you an't no y
they dig de noisey de herre outy the sterrrrro
bu da meenin hast nah valy

o0tAyLoR0o
"sean paul talk"

hahahahaha. laughing out loud laughing

kaz
sean paul needs hooked on phonics, or that man neds an ESOL class. i garentee that there aint one person that understand a word that he says. people like sean paul because he is fake regga everyone thinks that they are cool if they listen to regga. sean paul aint regga he sound like a handycapt child

Killer
but dude.. don't you know... "handycapt" music is the new regga... derrrr!

*pokes Tay*

hehe! big grin

o0tAyLoR0o
*giggles*

kaz
the new so called regga is not regga at all. regga is bob marley anythier that aint regga its a poor as attempt at reggga

Killer
you added to many g's in that last regga... lol

yeah... i have nothing better to do
*smiles*

not that i have ever really listened to regga... but whatever those ****s like SP are doin sounds ****in horrbile and not to mention damn annoying!

o0tAyLoR0o
dude regga is like stoner music!

me and my friend payton listenin to it all the time when were high! Lol

kaz
there aint to many regga songs that i like. all regga is for is dancin and other certin things but it aint really just listening to cause that shit will confuse u.

Killer
dude Tay... you and I have been saying dude latley... it's so gawd damn addictive...

o0tAyLoR0o
Lol.. yeah it is...

*tries not to say dude for the rest of the night*

Killer
*points to Ry-Ry*

it's her fault... i have been talkin to her to much... lol

big grin

o0tAyLoR0o
hmmmmm

*looks at ry ry*

mah
Sean Paul isn't reggae, Sean Paul is Dancehall /ragga

kaz
sean paul is straight shit

Saiyanpirate
i think his new song kicks ass + the dance that goes with it. Anywayz i met himonce and called him craig david by accident.

stunna1773
lol sean paul is da shiznik

Bardock42
The Two Songs I know first of all sound exactly the same asnd secondly blow big time.....

bardock
sean paul is good

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by fini
SEAN PAUL SUCKS..............Bennie man rules..............u poor yanks dont ever get to hear the good stuff....tsk tsk

Both suck. Listen to Damian

Neo_Version 7
Sean Paul is the shit!

Afro Cheese
Most annoying voice ever.

Inspectah Deck
laughing out loud I only like his new song because it has a nice chorus

Dr. Strangelove
Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
Sean Paul is shit!

Fixed it for ya. smile

The New History
I'm not going to say his music sucks since a good bit of people like him, but I'm gonna say I don't care for his music...at all really, but that's just me.

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove
Fixed it for ya. smile

laughing out loud

Dr. Octagon
sean paul sucks.

Neo_Version 7
he says that we must legalize Mary J. yes

Inspectah Deck
You speak Potwa Neo?

Neo_Version 7
No, not really.

Inspectah Deck
laughing Okay

Neo_Version 7
Sean Paul is pretty bad-ass in Def Jam: Fight for New York though. yes

It's_Alright
Good 4 a party, not 4 listening alone.

Df02
my guilty pleasure

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I love a bit of dancehall from time to time...Buju busts a block off many a Rasta man's ass, but Sean Paul is my guilty crack music secret. I couldn't name a single song, but he gets me movin'. When I'm working out on my VersaBall'(Tm), it's either him on my iTunes or some leathal rock n roll like Rage, Candiria or if I'm feeling a little cheesy, Shinedown...

Bierbommetje
I think "Get Busy" is very catchy. And I like a couple of his other songs.

And I just love Jamaican accents.

He's ok in my book, and Im not even remotely into dancehall.

el_barto
I dislike him, but rap really isn't my genre, so I don't really care if you like him, just don't make me sit down and listen to one of his albums.

Arachnoidfreak
Im resurrecting this because Sean Paul has been a down-low secret favorite of mine since Gimme the Light

But Temperature is just ****ing GREAT.

Not every song Sean Paul makes is great, or even good, sometimes the lyrics are downright shit, but he has quite a few songs that are just a perfect mix of the jamaican accent(which you aren't supposed to be able to understand unless you understand jamaican, DUHR, for all those who say they hate him because they can't understand him. it's not english, it's a very bastardized dialect) and a great beat and melody.

Temperature is the latest perfect combo of these.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by el_barto
I dislike him, but rap really isn't my genre, so I don't really care if you like him, just don't make me sit down and listen to one of his albums.

That's pretty much what I think. wink

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
Im resurrecting this because Sean Paul has been a down-low secret favorite of mine since Gimme the Light

But Temperature is just ****ing GREAT.

Not every song Sean Paul makes is great, or even good, sometimes the lyrics are downright shit, but he has quite a few songs that are just a perfect mix of the jamaican accent(which you aren't supposed to be able to understand unless you understand jamaican, DUHR, for all those who say they hate him because they can't understand him. it's not english, it's a very bastardized dialect) and a great beat and melody.

Temperature is the latest perfect combo of these.

We Be Burning is better.

lil bitchiness
Oh my god, I like him.

I like the way he talks (but I dig the way Jamaicans talk generally...in fact, I love all things Jamaican...yumm! droolio)

I like his songs, they are sooo unbeliavably catchy...and hes cute too!

Arachnoidfreak
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
We Be Burning is better.

Well that's more like a rap song, it's really good, but Temperature is just mindless fun.

Inspectah Deck
Mindless fun? laughing out loud

You mean party music.

Alpha Centauri
I read this story the other day; The Emperor's New Clothes.

Oh...Sean Paul. Well...still relevant. You know, there's plenty of "fun" music that isn't also shit. It doesn't have to be shit to be fun.

Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Oh my god, I like him.

I like the way he talks (but I dig the way Jamaicans talk generally...in fact, I love all things Jamaican...yumm! droolio)

I like his songs, they are sooo unbeliavably catchy...and hes cute too!

Nice to know it's still all about the music. Many aesthetic references to one music reference. If he was a fat white British guy and the songs were exactly the same, I seriously doubt you'd like him or them as much.

-AC

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
If he was a fat white British guy

Wow, yeah you got me.

Sure, if he was 'white', fat and British I wouldnt give him a second look...but since he is 'black', toned and Jamaican...

Then again, if he was a fat, british and white and was talking in Jamaican accent, making the music Sean Paul is, dancing and dressing in the way Sean Paul is...well there are quite a lot of people who would find that not only very wrong, but very disturbing..

Also, understand that what you deem to be shit, doesnt by proxy make it so. comprehending this simple idea will help you stop being so anal towards everything adn everyone...

Alpha Centauri
Wow, yeah you got me.

Sure, if he was 'white', fat and British I wouldnt give him a second look...but since he is 'black', toned and Jamaican...

Then again, if he was a fat, british and white and was talking in Jamaican accent, making the music Sean Paul is, dancing and dressing in the way Sean Paul is...well there are quite a lot of people who would find that not only very wrong, but very disturbing..

Also, understand that what you deem to be shit, doesnt by proxy make it so. comprehending this simple idea will help you stop being so anal towards everything adn everyone...

Shhhh...and you tell ME to stop being so anal? Who are you trying to convince? Me or yourself? You seem to be allergic to anyone replying to you unless it's to agree. I made a simple, concise remark and you still dodged it. So I'll civilly ask you again:

If it's the songs you like, it wouldn't matter what he looked like would it? Unless you like him because you think he's hot and NOT because of the music. I've got no problem with Sean Paul, I don't like his music, but I couldn't care less. The reason I replied is because I'm of the belief that if you are attracted to a "musician", buy the poster. Don't like the music because of the man singing it. That's dumb and superficial and one reason why mainstream music is entirely f*cked up today.

Also, understand that you make it easy. Comprehending this simple idea will help you stop...making it easy. Ok, pumpkin? Good.

-AC

Quiero Mota
You seem to be allergic to anyone replying to you unless it's to agree.

Look who's talking.

Inspectah Deck
laughing

Alpha Centauri
Haha! Oh no! Quiero, you got me there!

Yeah, haha! Because I clearly shy away from debates when the opposite side disagrees, don't I? I clearly dodge people when they disagree. Infact, I'm known for how quickly I back down when someone disagrees. Aren't I?

No, no and no. There's a difference between disagreeing with the person who disagrees and not liking it when people disagree. I just have a distaste for debate ballerinas who walk in like they're the shit and end up donning the pink tutu and doing ballet around my posts because they know they can't reply.

I do love these chats we have though. One day you'll get it right and then I'll REALLY look dumb! Haha!

-AC

Quiero Mota
What do you mean "I got you"? I was just pointing out a case of the pot calling the kettle black, and you're only furthuring my point with all that BS you typed just because Inspectah laughed at my observation.

I'm not talking about question-dodgers; I'm talking about people who hate when people disagree , like you, and then turn around and call out some one else for doing it.

And there's no need to be like Whob and use "haha" as a spot filler in your sentence.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
What do you mean "I got you"? I was just pointing out a case of the pot calling the kettle black, and you're only furthuring my point with all that BS you typed just because Inspectah laughed at my observation.

http://www.dictionary.com

Go there, check out "Sarcasm". Then hopefully, all will become clear to you, young padawan.

I'm not talking about question-dodgers; I'm talking about people who hate when people disagree , like you, and then turn around and call out some one else for doing it.

Ah now you see, THIS is where we enter problems with KMC debates. Someone makes a claim, the person refutes the claim...and they continue claiming it. Weird no?

"You hate people disagreeing." "No I don't, I can handle my debates because I back my shit up. Disagree or agree, I don't care." "Nah, you hate people disagreeing". So you see, wilful ignorance is a bad thing. Disagreeing is what makes discussion boards, that's why I'm here. I think the problem is that people hate it when I disagree with them, but that's me.

And there's no need to be like Whob and use "haha" as a spot filler in your sentence.

I wasn't using it as a spot filler, you genuinely made me laugh. Don't be so modest, you comedian, you.

-AC

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri http://www.dictionary.com

Go there, check out "Sarcasm". Then hopefully, all will become clear to you, young padawan.

What the f**k? Don't call me "young" again, you naive 20-year-old kid.

Ah now you see, THIS is where we enter problems with KMC debates. Someone makes a claim, the person refutes the claim...and they continue claiming it. Weird no?

There's nothing wrong with stating an opinion, but there is no point in dissing some one's opinion is unnecessary and pointless.

Alpha Centauri
What the f**k? Don't call me "young" again, you naive 20-year-old kid.

Easy fella, don't go on your period over it. Jesus. Wow, someone hasn't had their Capt'n Crunch this morning.

http://www.dictionary.com

This time look up "Joke". I honestly thought you'd get that one, being that I do infact know that you're an old guy (for future reference, that comes under "Joke" also).

There's nothing wrong with stating an opinion, but there is no point in dissing some one's opinion is unnecessary and pointless.

I didn't. I stated my opinion that I didn't believe she'd like his music if he wasn't "hot" to her. She, again, dodged it whilst also proving it right.

-AC

lil bitchiness
Shhhh...and you tell ME to stop being so anal? Who are you trying to convince? Me or yourself? You seem to be allergic to anyone replying to you unless it's to agree. I made a simple, concise remark and you still dodged it. So I'll civilly ask you again:

If it's the songs you like, it wouldn't matter what he looked like would it? Unless you like him because you think he's hot and NOT because of the music. I've got no problem with Sean Paul, I don't like his music, but I couldn't care less. The reason I replied is because I'm of the belief that if you are attracted to a "musician", buy the poster. Don't like the music because of the man singing it. That's dumb and superficial and one reason why mainstream music is entirely f*cked up today.

Also, understand that you make it easy. Comprehending this simple idea will help you stop...making it easy. Ok, pumpkin? Good.

-AC

Did you just call me a pumpkin?
What does that mean? Was that a stab at attempting to patronising me?

Im not anal towards anything - If I was anal as you, I would be warning and banning everyone who dares say something I dont like, and blame it on bashing.

This is what you lack - a)
Just because you dont like something, does not mean its shit. That i think its pretty simple, so respect other people's right to like something without personal attack of ''how dumb they are'' for liking something.

Sean Paul is hot. His songs are catchy. Hes hot and his songs are catchy. So what?

If he was ugly, and his songs were catchy, id still dance to it, but I would't call him hot.

I think maynard is severely visually offencive, but Tool is my fave band of all time.

http://www.emediawire.com/prfiles/2005/10/11/296728/SeanPaul2.jpg

I'd totally bang him! smokin' Repeatedly.

Alpha Centauri
Did you just call me a pumpkin?
What does that mean? Was that a stab at attempting to patronising me?

I didn't call you A pumpkin, did I? It wasn't a stab at patronising you either, I'll leave it to you.

Im not anal towards anything

Hahaha! Good one, are you here all week? That was amazing. "Im not anal towards anything."

If I was anal as you, I would be warning and banning everyone who dares say something I dont like, and blame it on bashing.

This coming from a female who had one of the highest counts of bans to her name (notorious for banning infact) and abused her mod powers to threaten people into replying how she wants on a number of occassions. Yeah, you'd never use those powers to your disadvantage, because you're not anal are you?

This is what you lack - a)
Just because you dont like something, does not mean its shit. That i think its pretty simple, so respect other people's right to like something without personal attack of ''how dumb they are'' for liking something.

I respect other people's right to like whatever they choose. Music taste is totally subjective and you'll never see me claim otherwise. So in that you must respect my right to say something is shit, if you are allowed to say it's good. Clear? Schplendid.

Sean Paul is hot. His songs are catchy. Hes hot and his songs are catchy. So what?

My point, since you drove past it at 100mph, was this; Do you like his songs because of what he looks like?

If he was ugly, and his songs were catchy, id still dance to it, but I would't call him hot.

And the last car crosses the line. That wasn't the uphill struggle you've made it out to be, was it?

I think maynard is severely visually offencive, but Tool is my fave band of all time.

Why didn't you answer in such a way when you replied to the post in which I stated the opinion fairly?

I mean, it's not because you're anal and hate people questioning your opinion. Because you're not like that at all.

-AC

WrathfulDwarf
I admit Beyonce is one hot looking mama! Her songs are catchy and she's mainstream as hell....still....she's one HOT CHICK! Whether they're mainstream or underground or whatever...people find them attractive....there is nothing wrong with that. Really...she's hot! big grin

People find Paul attractive...nothing wrong with that either.

Alpha Centauri
As a little recap:

Nothing wrong with thinking a musician is hot, at all. My point, was that the music should come first. If you think a singer is hot, buy a poster, not the CD. That's why mainstream music is so shit, because people do that.

-AC

Quiero Mota

WrathfulDwarf
Is there something really evil in mainstream? You do know that if you don't like it...don't buy it. Simple as that...you can be a hardcore whatever...other people like other stuff...so what? They're not spending your money. Why would anyone care?

Alpha Centauri
Nah, it's not true. Good though, you're getting the hang of this joke stuff.

*Thumbs up*

-AC

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Is there something really evil in mainstream? You do know that if you don't like it...don't buy it. Simple as that...you can be a hardcore whatever...other people like other stuff...so what? They're not spending your money.

Oh, of course. People are naturally free to do whatever they want and what I'm saying is purely from my own point of view.

I just think it's a disgrace when people are viewed, biasedly, as talented because of how they look. IE: Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, Fall Out Boy.

-AC

WrathfulDwarf
Oh, of course. People are naturally free to do whatever they want and what I'm saying is purely from my own point of view.

I just think it's a disgrace when people are viewed, biasedly, as talented because of how they look. IE: Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, Fall Out Boy.

-AC

You acknowledge your own point of view AC. How about you acknowledge their point of view.

Britney Spears, Justin, Fall out boy....I mean come on. Different strokes for different folks. I'm not out to change the world nor fix it. People like them...find them talented...oh well. What else you gonna do?

Quiero Mota
Nah, it's not true. Good though, you're getting the hang of this joke stuff.

*Thumbs up*

-AC

Apparently it is true, by how you talk to me.

*Thumbs down*

Quiero Mota
You acknowledge your own point of view AC. How about you acknowledge their point of view.

thumb up

Alpha Centauri
Not too sure where everyone is missing the multiple times that I've said people are free to listen to, and to like, whatever they choose. Because if you had done so, there wouldn't be this continual idea that I am trying to stop people listening.

Britney Spears, Justin, Fall out boy....I mean come on. Different strokes for different folks. I'm not out to change the world nor fix it. People like them...find them talented...oh well. What else you gonna do?

Preference is subjective. If you prefer Britney Spears to Metallica, Justin to Tool or Fall Out Boy to Bob Dylan, I am in no position to say "You're wrong." Nor would I ever do so, as I keep having to reiterate.

However, people who claim Justin is some amazingly talented singer, or that Britney is a great musician, these people are incorrect. It can be proven, because talent is measurable.

Talent isn't subjective, at all. Never was, never will be.

-AC

lil bitchiness
Hahaha! Good one, are you here all week? That was amazing. "Im not anal towards anything."
That's funny? Hmmm...

This coming from a female who had one of the highest counts of bans to her name (notorious for banning infact) and abused her mod powers to threaten people into replying how she wants on a number of occassions. Yeah, you'd never use those powers to your disadvantage, because you're not anal are you?

Uum, I think you'll find that is not the case.

Besides, you don't know how many people other moderators have banned, nor how many I have banned to date, so you're just talking out of your ass now (now? No, I mean ''again'')

My point, since you drove past it at 100mph, was this; Do you like his songs because of what he looks like??

No.

I mean, it's not because you're anal and hate people questioning your opinion. Because you're not like that at all.

Very good.

lil bitchiness
Not too sure where everyone is missing the multiple times that I've said
Perhaps its not ''everyone else'' perhaps its just you.

Ever considered that option? Because if not, you really really should.

Alpha Centauri
That's funny? Hmmm...

Uum, I think you'll find that is not the case.

Besides, you don't know how many people other moderators have banned, nor how many I have banned to date, so you're just talking out of your ass now (now? No, I mean ''again'')

No.

Very good.

I know that you have a high amount of bans to your name on good authority from another mod. I never talk out of my ass, I always back things up. Hence why you don't like dealing with me.

Yes, in reply to the last one:

Thanks for that lovely dose of relevance. You may step aside now.

-AC

Alpha Centauri
Perhaps its not ''everyone else'' perhaps its just you.

Ever considered that option? Because if not, you really really should.

You're saying I missed where I said it? No, I'm pretty sure others are. Otherwise people wouldn't be under the impression that I am trying to force people not to listen to things.

You know how people should know that? Because I've said it many times.

Again, pleasure.

-AC

WrathfulDwarf

However, people who claim Justin is some amazingly talented singer, or that Britney is a great musician, these people are incorrect. It can be proven, because talent is measurable.

-AC

Neither you or I for that matter is the authority to tell these people are incorrect. As I said different strokes for different folks. I don't find Justin or Britney or anyone else in mainstream appealing. Neither for Tool or System of a Down or even Green day. I do find bands like U2 and REM appealing. So because I find U2's and REM music to be more appealing t to me does that mean I'm gonna go the Tool or Green Day fanbase and tell them I find their music less talented than U2? PLEEAASE!!!! Not gonna happen because...

1. Both Bands are totally different

2. Different tastes

3. They gonna tell to myself.

You're welcome to disagree with my tastes. Just like I can disagree with yours....is like if everyone likes Chocolate Cake that means Strawberry Cake won't taste good because I'm use to eating Chocolate.

Alpha Centauri
Neither you or I for that matter is the authority to tell these people are incorrect. As I said different strokes for different folks. I don't find Justin or Britney or anyone else in mainstream appealing. Neither for Tool or System of a Down or even Green day. I do find appealing bands like U2 and REM. So because I find U2's and REM music to be more appealing t to me does that mean I'm gonna go the Tool or Green Day fanbase and tell them I find their music less talented than U2? PLEEAASE!!!! Not gonna happen because...

It's not different strokes if we're talking about actual talent. That's nonsense. Utter nonsense.

You believe that someone can sit down and raise a credible argument by saying: "Madonna is a much more talented guitar player than Joe Satriani"? If the answer is "Yes" then the answer is "No". Because it's a fact she isn't. You can't prefer who is better at something.

If you prefer the music made by one band to another, that is entirely subjective and again you are covering old ground.

1. Both Bands are totally different

2. Different tastes

3. They gonna tell to myself.

You're welcome to disagree with my tastes. Just like I can disagree with yours....is like if everyone likes Chocolate Cake that means Strawberry Cake won't taste good because I'm used Chocolate.

Yes, so are you planning to read my posts and realise that I said TASTE is subjective? Not talent? Taste?

If you could do that sometime soon I'd be grateful, just so I don't have to keep bringing it up that I've said it. I'm not trying to say one taste is provably better than another. So if that's what you have a problem with, don't. It was never my point.

-AC

koolruningz
Wow, who would have thought a Sean Paul thread would get to 5 pages so quickly? That is still what the thread is about right?

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by koolruningz
Wow, who would have thought a Sean Paul thread would get to 5 pages so quickly? That is still what the thread is about right?

Nope, Im afraid it stopped when I commented on Sean Paul's looks...

Look AC - Sean Paul has a cute and catchy songs - and i find him attractive. One of the reasons I find him attractive is that he is Jamaican. If he was white, fat Britishman i wouldnt be in this thread.
Ok?

Get over it!

Alpha Centauri

Look AC - Sean Paul has a cute and catchy songs - and i find him attractive. One of the reasons I find him attractive is that he is Jamaican. If he was white, fat Britishman i wouldnt be in this thread.
Ok?

Get over it!

But you would still like his songs if he looked that way, right? If they were the same? You've said you would, so there we go.

Funny how you've answered my question twice, simply and concisely in about 15 minutes, yet it took you many posts of bitching to get there. Next time, don't be so ironically pissed off that your opinion is being questioned and just answer a question.

"Get over it!"

-AC

koolruningz

Shame on you. stick out tongue

WrathfulDwarf

Yes, so are you planning to read my posts and realise that I said TASTE is subjective? Not talent? Taste?

-AC

Yes, I'm reading your posts and gave you a fair example.

But you would still like his songs if he looked that way, right? If they were the same? You've said you would, so there we go.

-AC

Is it really that important and essential to find out? So I said Beyonce is one friggin hot mama!....are you gonna dig deep into my comments and opinions to get WHAT out of them?

lil bitchiness
droolio

Every day, we be burning...

http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/pv/Sean%20Paul-22.jpg

Alpha Centauri
Yes, I'm reading your posts and gave you a fair example.

Is it really that important and essential to find out? So I said Beyonce is one friggin hot mama!....are you gonna dig deep into my comments and opinions to get WHAT out of them?

You gave an incorrect example. You confused talent with taste. I was never arguing one taste over another, you were debating my points as if I were.

It's a bit hard for my question to apply to you in that order. Name a musician, female, who you like both physically and musically. Then ask yourself if you would like her regardless of what she looked like.

Whatever the answer is, that's up to you. I just think it's a disgrace when music is judged on the one thing it has NOTHING to do with. Yet again KMCs members have proved that the simplest of points take the longest to sink in.

-AC

Quiero Mota

BackFire
droolio

Every day, we be burning...

http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/pv/Sean%20Paul-22.jpg

That guy looks like a dipshit.

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by LindsIsTightK
I just need to ask what everyone thinks of Sean Paul.

I think he is totally awesome, makes me want to get up and dance Happy Dance

What about you guys?
I have one of his cd's and quite a few of his newer ones on my computer. He's a really good and talented singer and I, too, also feel like dancing whenever I hear his songs.

-hh-
i dont like his music.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e142/theshoreditchcnut/Kramer_entrance.gif

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by ILoveMyDaniel
I have one of his cd's and quite a few of his newer ones on my computer. He's a really good and talented singer and I, too, also feel like dancing whenever I hear his songs.

Explain to me why he's a "talented" singer. Civil question out of pure curiousity (that's a disclaimer for future reference).

Talented singer or "I like his voice"?

-AC

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by BackFire

mad What the...?

stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri
BackFire doesn't say things that aren't 100% factually accurate by the way.

He's BackFire.

-AC

lil bitchiness
*posts numerous pictures of Sean Paul...later.....after movie and sleep*

Lana
Originally posted by BackFire

Gotta say I agree with you.

I don't care for him or his music personally.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
He's no doubt a total dipshit, but I still like a few of his tunes. 'Give It To Me', 'Never Gonna Be The Same', 'Head In The Zone', and 'Like Glue' are totally pimpin, man!

Sometimes I entertain thoughts that his act is so OTT that it must be an intentional parody, but then I quickly realise that not everyone is as satiric as me.

Still, lyrics like this are hilarious whether they are intentionally so, or not...

Well enough likkle girl dem bought they own dem got di goody goody
One ting mi haffi tell dem Dutty man have di shooby shooby
Virgin dem waan gimme and mi have to tooky tooky
Hot girls outta road dat seh dem see mi see mi
And a tell mi seh dem have somethin fi gimme gimme
How much a one night dem all a dream bout di jimmy jimmy
Dem a promise and a tell mi seh a fi mi fi mi
But a promise is a comfort to a fool, so cool
Well yuh dun know seh dat man haffi rule, di school
We nuh pet dem just wet dem up just like a pool
And a dignitary we haffi use up mi tool

Boo-ya!

Alpha Centauri
I wonder how many people will reply to you guys with as much venomous haste as they did to me.

Probably none, but still. Those are some profound lyrics.

-AC

Ya Krunk'd Floo
My favorite line is the one that goes, "Dem a promise and a tell mi seh a fi mi fi mi" - it almost makes no sense.

Actually, this rhyming quartet is pretty much untouchable:

"But a promise is a comfort to a fool, so cool
Well yuh dun know seh dat man haffi rule, di school
We nuh pet dem just wet dem up just like a pool
And a dignitary we haffi use up mi tool"

F*ck it! THEY'RE ALL GOOD!

Alpha Centauri
I can actually work out what some of them say, but then it makes less sense.

-AC

daTROOF
Preference is subjective. If you prefer Britney Spears to Metallica, Justin to Tool or Fall Out Boy to Bob Dylan, I am in no position to say "You're wrong." Nor would I ever do so, as I keep having to reiterate.

-AC lol, prove it.

koolruningz
You shouldnt have said that dude. sad

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I can actually work out what some of them say, but then it makes less sense.

-AC

Share, O Master Manipulator! Share!

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by daTROOF
lol, prove it.

"lol", read my posts. It's simple. Been there many times before, won't go there again. Especially not for some upstart. If you won't read the posts, I won't lead the horse to water.

Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Share, O Master Manipulator! Share!

This part: "We nuh pet dem just wet dem up just like a pool"

I believe to mean "We don't (nuh/nah) pet them (dem), just wet them (dem) up just like a pool."

I can understand where he's going, it's just nonsense.

-AC

Bardock42

-AC

But it still has meaning.

Alpha Centauri
Hence why the first part is there.

-AC

Ya Krunk'd Floo
This part: "We nuh pet dem just wet dem up just like a pool"

I believe to mean "We don't (nuh/nah) pet them (dem), just wet them (dem) up just like a pool."

Where is he going?

Bardock42
Hence why the first part is there.

-AC

Yeah...

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Everyone seems to know where he's going but me...*sad face*

Is he going to a swimming pool?

Bardock42
Everyone seems to know where he's going but me...*sad face*

Is he going to a swimming pool?

That would be my guess as well.....

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Good stuff, Bardock. We're gradually building a consensus here.

I'm thinking the next line - "And a dignitary we haffi use up mi tool" - is about covering private parts with towels, am I right?

Bardock42
Good stuff, Bardock. We're gradually building a consensus here.

I'm thinking the next line - "And a dignitary we haffi use up mi tool" - is about covering private parts with towels, am I right?

Nah, I think it is just nonsense that's supposed to rhyme with pool...which, funnily enough, it does.

Might also be an homage to the band.

Or shoving things up his....tool. Err, let's not go there.

Alpha Centauri
The lack of "You're ruining the thread" posts directed at you two are puzzling.

If it was me, I'd get lots of people trying to stop me from saying it.

-AC

Bardock42
The lack of "You're ruining the thread" posts directed at you two are puzzling.

If it was me, I'd get lots of people trying to stop me from saying it.

-AC

Hey, easy there cowboy. We are discussing his lyrics. Which are at least as important as his looks. Go us.

Alpha Centauri
Missing the point, but indeed.

Back to the pool...the Sean Pool.

-AC

Bardock42
Missing the point, but indeed.

Back to the pool...the Sean Pool.

-AC

Yeah, I decided missing your point would be a fun thing to do...turns out it was....

lil bitchiness
Yeah, I do that all the time too, Bardock42. thumb up

http://www.sean-paul.net/tool/images/Candid/pictures/IMG_30771_low.jpg

http://www.sean-paul.net/tool/images/The_Trinity/pictures/pub02-lowres.jpg

Alpha Centauri
Yeah, Bardock decided to miss my point for a reason other than ignorance and hypocricy though.

Don't be bitter, sweetie.

-AC

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by It's_Alright
Good 4 a party, not 4 listening alone.

^ Xactly

It's good for dancing and street racing, but not for listening when you're just loungin'.

Hence the word "dance" in dance-hall.

Alpha Centauri
Like elevator music?

Good for when you're waiting for your floor, not good for an album?

-AC

DiamondBullets
You could say that.

-hh-
Chino XL kinda looks like Sean Paul

Slap Sean Paul just because people say we resemble.
- Chino XL

http://www.starfileonline.com/output/Chino030617R011.jpg

Alpha Centauri
I don't get that. Chino XL looks like a nutter, and happens to be a good MC.

No comparison on any level.

-AC

-hh-
Here to Save You All was amazing droolio

I don't get that. Chino XL looks like a nutter, and happens to be a good MC.

No comparison on any level.

-AC what's a nutter?

Alpha Centauri
It was/is a very good album.

To answer your question: Just a crazy person. Someone you'd not particularly want to mess with.

The man is built like the side of a house.

-AC

-hh-
laughing i see

you think it's steroids?

daTROOF
"lol", read my posts. It's simple. Been there many times before, won't go there again. Especially not for some upstart. If you won't read the posts, I won't lead the horse to water.

-AC Which posts would you be referring to?

Alpha Centauri
I dunno, HH. He looks pretty buffed up but I wouldn't say it's steroids.

Which posts would you be referring to?

The ones in the GDF Abortion thread...of course!

What posts do you think I'm referring to? The ones in this thread that I recently made. Either way, I've smashed that debate too many times from too many people. If you wish to go at it again, create a thread.

-AC

daTROOF
Whatever, I wasn't expecting you to prove it anyway, I was expecting you to fall short as everyone who's made the same claim has done before. I was basically just going to laugh at your attempt to prove that "talent is measurable," something that is obviously unprovable. It's really not worthy of it's own thread.

Alpha Centauri
Whatever, I wasn't expecting you to prove it anyway, I was expecting you to fall short as everyone who's made the same claim has done before. I was basically just going to laugh at your attempt to prove that "talent is measurable," something that is obviously unprovable. It's really not worthy of it's own thread.

Since you amuse me I'll indulge you for the sake of seeing how stupid you can make yourself look.

Fact; Talent is proveable because it's measurable. Why? Because you can't prefer who is better at something. You cannot.

You cannot say someone is better just because you prefer them, if they are infact inferior.

You cannot say "I think Madonna is a more talented guitarist than Joe Satriani." You may very well prefer her music, but you cannot say with any credibility or factuality that she possesses greater instrumental talent.

Fact is, she doesn't.

You cannot say ?uestlove of The Roots is a better drummer than Dave Lombardo. You may prefer his music, but he doesn't have the technical ability equal or close to Lombardo. Fact.

Talent is measureable for example in vocals by judging pitch, timbre, octave range, sustain etc. Someone with a one octave range, not good pitch and 3 seconds worth of note-holding ability is factually not as talented as someone who has a 4 octave range and can hold a note for minutes.

That's the way it goes.

Let's recap: Taste = subjective. Talent = not. Got it? Swell.

I anticipate a samey reply in which you try hard to refute fact. Go for it, make me chuckle.

-AC

daTROOF
First, that is not talent you speak of, it is skill. Talent is often misunderstood to mean that someone is simply good at something. Incorrect. Talent is the natural endowment of the ability to excel in any area of life. Skill is the gained ability to actually participate in the activity in question, and is something that can be posessed by anyone regardless of talent. You can be a talented guitarist just like you can be a talented cook, only your talent in this area is not measurable because someone with little talent can obtain the skills to complete the task well, if enough effort is put forth. Likewise, someone with a lot of talent in an area can never even consider the activity that they are naturally prone to success in, and never discover their hidden potential. Or perhaps they do pursue the activity, only in a half-assed way that doesnt meet the standards of effort the skill demands. In the balance between application and god-given ability lies the confusion of how talented someone really is.

Second, youve yet to even begin to explain how and with what talent is measurable. I guess I shouldnt claim that talent is NOT measurable, but certaintly we do not currently possess the means to actually measure talent, so any claim that talent IS mesaurable is, as of right now, illogical. Perhaps i have misinterpreted your claim to be more literal than it really was?

Finally, somewhere along your post you mustve changed your goal from proving that talent is measurable to proving that talent is not subjective. If by subjective you mean that it only exists as a fragment of our minds then no, talent is not subjecitve. If by subjective you mean that who possesses more talent and how much talent each person possesses is up for debate then yes, yes it is subjective.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Man, you start off talking in synonyms, and then just get more and more muddled. Give it up.

daTROOF
sorry

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>