Fooly Cooly

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

scifigunslinger
Has anybody seen this? It's very confusing, yet very cool.

badkittykitty
I havent the slightest idea what that is. confused

fungrl515
yep. seen it. how come it only has six episodes? very freaky and weird though. good.

tehOTAKU777

Kiyouhana
*Ignores tehOTAKU777-san*

Yes I have seen this anime...in fact it is my second favorite anime....
I even love the manga Furi Curi(which is even better then the anime)

I don't understand why it is said to be confusing...I understood it very well.

encryptedenigma
Great anime.. very wierd, but i didn;t find it confusing at all.. thought it was very well writin and made..

"Fooly Cooly", What does it mean?

songbirdforever
then please explain it to the rest of us who could not comprehend the the meaning of the events that took place in the whole story.

Kiyouhana
Sorry the manga is called Furi Kuri

Well basically it is just about an alien that had gotten into this boys life because her vaspa...that if you are chosen to be "the one" will have these "creatures" of some sort grow out of your head...well it accidentally ran over him..and even though she did not believe it at first....he would be "the one" that could help her become stronger to find this other aliens that was captured...
This other alien is her enemy yet it is...as explained in the show her "love"
Well these other people are hunting after her are trying to make the boy betray the alien...of which he is helping....but he refuses which coses them to catch her by hand...well while all of this is happening...weird things...because of the alien and the boy who's head is holding these creatures that come out at a certain time....the city is becoming a strange place to live at...well the alien in the end just wanted this power....that came from this guitar....all to herself and ends up fighting the boy who ends up with the power...but the boy refuses to fight her because in end her ends up liking her...so she offers that he could come along but then changes her mind because he is so young...so they return to their normal lives..like nothing ever happened...

So basically the alien just was searching for this hidden power that can only be reached by someone who is chosen like the boy...

As for your question encryptedenigma-san...if you watch the anime closly they will say what "Fooly Cooly" means.

SaTsuJiN
Furi Kuri , FLCL , Fooly Cooly are all valid... and it basically means to get touchy feely with a chick (or if ur chick vise versa.. but mostly guys are the open fooly cooly'ers), but in a pervy sense. stick out tongue

ShoCk*TaRt!
i loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove FLCL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg!!!!!!!!!!! that is 1 uv my favorite anime shoooooooooooooos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeeeees!!! i amin loooove with tacoon!

ShoCk*TaRt!
omg!it is sooooooooooo kooooooool!!!!!!!!!!

ShoCk*TaRt!
Happy Dance love FLCL love Happy Dance yaaaaaaaaaaah! peanut butta jelli! peanut butta jelli! peanut butta jelli witha baseball bat!!!!!!!!!!!

ShoCk*TaRt!
hey badkittykitty? r u there?
hey!

ShoCk*TaRt!
hey!
ya there?!!

WindDancer
ShoCk*TaRt! don't double/triple posting. Gather your thoughts together and make one post at a time. And stop making pointless nonsense.

grey fox
sounds like something from shin chan

Serket
I didn't quite get it...Maybe if I'd seen the episodes in order...

Hibiki
it is koolbut i don't understand it

Flame Alchemist
I saw and I don't get whats not understandable.

EvilCap America
I love FLCL its my Favorite anime ever and imo the best thing ever made

I dont think FLCL is even THAT confusing either.Sure its absolutely crazy but when you read between the lines you see its a story about a kid thats growing up to fast surrounded by people with major problems and stuck as a child in his brothers shadow with no real "identity" of his own in a life of bland mediocrity.You can almost ignore all the robots medical mechanica aliens and dimension portals and just look how the various characters deal with some fairly realistic social/mental problems that are only brought to light by crazy happenings

c/ped this from another topic but it still stands.I actually just watched it all again today in one sitting and its just as cool as ever big grin

Flame Alchemist
I bet you dont love ut as much as I do

punkrocker666
i luv the show way more thatn all of u

heavenablaze666
hey i love that show more then both of you

punkrocker666
f.uck u buddy

heavenablaze666

punkrocker666
hell yeah lets go b.itch

heavenablaze666
alright then *holds up fists*

punkrocker666
okkkkkkkkkk

WindDancer
Originally posted by punkrocker666
f.uck u buddy

Such hostility isn't welcome here. Have some days off the board.

Zatch_Bell
yeah chill dude. Yes I have seen it wonder why there is so little episodes.

SamuraiSquirrel
there are so few of episodes because it would have just dragged out the story line
these people just made it so it was short sweet and to the point
its one of the best shows ever cause it involves my 3 favorite things: bass guitars sex and robots

matt_0189
The show is awesome. I just wonder how they got the rights to use the Rickenbacker bass(Haruko's Bass) and the Gibson Flying V and SG guitars(Noata's Guitars). Plus, The Pillows rock!

sai12
Eh, I just couldn't get into this show. Didn't appeal to me much at all....

I didn' tmake it through disk one. sad

EvilCap America
Originally posted by sai12
Eh, I just couldn't get into this show. Didn't appeal to me much at all....

I didn' tmake it through disk one. sad

You gotta wtach the whole thing.FLCL just isnt possible to enjoy without the full story otherwise it just doesnt make sense

SamuraiSquirrel
they got the rights because they didnt say the whole name of the guitar. besides big guitar companies dont care much for the lil anime world (just sayin)

matt_0189
Originally posted by SamuraiSquirrel
they got the rights because they didnt say the whole name of the guitar. besides big guitar companies dont care much for the lil anime world (just sayin)

Your probably right. It would have been cool to have seen a Fender(My fav brand). Jaguars rule.

SamuraiSquirrel
im more of a dean kinda guy but its still all good............accept ibanez i hate ibanez

matt_0189
Originally posted by SamuraiSquirrel
im more of a dean kinda guy but its still all good............accept ibanez i hate ibanez

Dean's good I hate Ibanez too. They're overrated for a company that started by making knock-offs. You play Dean? Let me guess, you have a Dean acoustic?

dmc
The whole story is about Medical Mechanica, a large corporation with a giant iron as a factory, trying to destroy Haruko and take over the world. It seems that Medical Mechanica, the robots, and Haruko are all aliens trying to find a pirate named Atomsk. One of my fav

SamuraiSquirrel
uhhh no i dont have a dean acoustic i have a dean semi hollow bass 5 string

SamuraiSquirrel
im right handed but i play left handed its funny, no?

Cheeko
FLCL ROX!!!

TPinaPimp
The Pillows >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> All

moogle_xenocide
I love FLCL/furi kuri/fooly cooly.i had to buy the dvds before i fully understood it though

RoyMC
yah watch ita all the time remeber that girl with the guitar shes really weird!

bakuru
Using a gutar in battle is cool but haruko is strange and a demented girl

Ahneso
I used to like it, but then I realized it was a piece of crap and didn't make any sense, so I moved on to better anime

chibiruto
"fooly cooly...you do it with yor hands like this"..."oh!...like that!"...Noata...have you been fooling and cooling with our miss hauhauhauko?!""shame on you my son... for foolying AND collying without me!"

haruko1800

naruto641
lol I watched all the episodes, and still didnt get the story. I think it was only like 5 episodes long O.o BUt whatever, its still a cool anime show.

sailormoon
I think this show is one of the most out there shows I've ever seen. It's still kinda cool though. Now, I think BoBoBo-Bo-BoBoBo takes the cake on the most "out there" show I've ever seen.

haruko1800
bobobo-bo-bobobo is the strangest show in the world. There is no possible way to understand it. flcl is cool if you know how the stuff symbolizes and flclw.com has all that. in the faq i think

haruko1800
FLCL RULEZ yes Happy Dance yes

pnkmastr
hey evry 1 there is actually more than six episodes but the ppl that made it jst wont show it.

haruko1800
Wow I have definitley seen better plus you can't even see it it's so small.

pnkmastr
Hell no i love that show more than ay1 of u f@!#ing all!!!!!!

pnkmastr
oh right i dont really know how to increase its size.

haruko1800
Fooly Cooly (sry moderators) means to stroke (or fondle) a woman's breasts, which is odd because the show rly has nothing to do with this

Mioku Herko
fooly cooly is not an anime atless that what i heard

kusuri
FLCL is one of those shows that makes you appreciate how demented AND awesome anime can be ^^ n the sub people did a really gud job 2, which is rare... cant beat the japs tho XD

they only needed 6 eps, i dont think they cud have continued on wit the plot much after that... not that there was a plot :P lol

haruko1800
GO TO FLCLW.COM AND JOIN THE FORUM!

Heaven's Sword
I thought the art in the manga was too sloppy, I mean it's supposed to be crazy, but it's hard to enjoy.

Prince Nataku
They should've made more episodes.

Kayne Archeron
i love this anime. anyone who can't appreciate it just can't think outside the box, or it honestly really isn't their thing. the only anime more wacked-out than this one IMO is Cat Soup

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.