books better than films? or films better than books?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

crazy_rock_chic
Wat is it with the films? they left out loads!!!!
The books are by far better than the films!!!
reading = better!!!

Laviera_j
Oh yeah, definately. We were having this discussion on another thread, and we agreed that nothing compares to your own imagination and creative writing!

N.Tonks
The books are WAY better than the films. The movies frustrate me because they leave out so many things and mix stuff up.

aragorniscool45
i no they r

crazy_c
I agree

Anarion
Books.
I agree with you guys. Just like Dreamcatcher, in the movie, Duddits is an alien, which in the book he is not. I don't think they even mentioned what S.S.D.D. means.
Also, in the book, Duddits died of sickness and he used his last powers to transport Henry (I think) to Jonesy's mind warehouse. In the movie, it was because he did a kamikaze on the evil alien.

frootlooplucy
i know, i agree!! they left out so much stuff, and changed everything... and in the movies harys eyes were BLUE!!! in the books theyre green, it says that ten bzillion times!! i mean, how hard is it to get green contact lenses? sorry, but that fact irritates me...
anyway, books are better:P

tiger lilly
i agree with the books bein better than the films, but the books are so detailed, its very very hard to convey everythin in the films... even so, the films are still great too! and i know we're all nit-pickin at the pics we've seen from PoA, but once we've seen the film, i can guarentee all the harry potter fans will love it.... well... probably.... confused blink confused

SiriusBlackRIP
I doubt it. All the children under 10 might love it just like the other two. The Harry Potter books are amazing and although not perfect like the Lord of the Rings books they are thoroughly enjoyable. The Harry Potter movies where absolute rubbish, although Chamber of Secrets was a lot better than Philosopher's Stone.

Happy Dance

america_boxers
books are way better! I dont see why they detail the movies more i meant the second hp movie was like 2hrs. 20 min. LotR is like 3 hrs. each they could have easily made the hp movies like that.

CptJackSparrow
I definitely agree the books are better. They're more in depth....though I think the 5th book could have been better.

america_boxers
really how? i thought the 5th book was really exciting. but the end i did not like very much...well i mean who died i did not like that.

starlitegrl
i thought the 5th book was GREAT!!!!!!!!! (can't wait for the 6th one)

anyway........I agree that the the books are BETTER then the movies>!!!!!!
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance ( don't u luv this dancin bannanas)

Gogirl633
Yes the books maybe a little better but not a whole lot. In the movies you get to see what they were talking about in the book,yes it may leave out some parts but most of them aren't really important if it didn't make it in the movie. Even if they did make it in the movie the movie would be like a day long film, now would you want to be in a movie thearter for a day long? Maybe but maybe some people don't.Well that was just what I think but the books and movies I think are about the same. big grin eek! big grin eek! big grin eek!

IBTonks
i'm just dissapointed that rons brother didn't show up on the dragon to pig up norbert in the film

Toms_Chick85
The books are way better then the movies i think. They leave out WAY to much stuff in the movies. but dont get me wrong, i still like watching them. big grin

america_boxers
I think that some parts of the movies would be hard to understand if you hadnt read the books.

The Omega

unibrow
i think movie one was better than book one but book 2 was much better than movie two....they left out too much

Anarion
In the Order of the Phoenix topic, in my opinion, the book is cleverly written. However, there are certain happenings and details that irk me. For example, Harry's new attitude.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.