New UK Star Wars magazine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

COREWORLD
The new SW mag has just come out and within it carries an interview with Gavin Bocquet, in it he describes some of the enviroments we will see such as:
Mace Windu's office
Jedi training veranda
Jedi analysis room ("It's mainly columns and busts:a grand library basically,sort of high tech."wink
This is obviously where Obi-Wan goes to learn about Count Dooku, i wonder if one of the busts he passes will be of his slain master, Qui-Gonn?
Also interviewed in the issue is casting director Robin Gurland on Christopher Lee:
"Once George had decided that (the character) was to be 100% human, he said, Let's do this different, let's make him the Peter Cushing of this film." 100% human? Hmmmmm
Another question leveled is:
Presumably when you talked to CL he was aware that the part called for a lot of action? Sure, actors are very used to working with a traditional stunt double or computer generated imagery if it's called for, it doesn't matter how young or old or how fit they are.

IGETMYBEATepII
Christopher Lee is half-machine by now isn't he? Wheelchair, breathing apparatus, cane...

IGETMYBEATepII
OK I have to vent, this TOTALLY sucks. Why did GL have to get some old man to do this? Why not atleast Gabriel Byrne or something??? This is like, I dunno what it's like, but it sucks.

COREWORLD
IGMBepII, Byrne and Chris Walken were both up for the part of Dooku, but when GL found out about CL being free he pursued him for the part.

Ratcat
IGMB, venting is a waste. Wait and see how it turns out beofre judging Lee.

Boshuda
What's all this venting of frustration?
Christopher Lee will be awesome as a baddie...no one knows the plotlines or how the characters work so why not chill out...You are reckless!George hasn't let us down before!!

yodaman
Although I haven't really seen any of Lee's films, apparently I've heard he is quite the swordsman. I'm sure his lightsaber fights should be great.

Ratcat
Bushude, 3 words.

EWOK CELEBRATION DANCE

But then, he did relent on that in the SE

krautrocker
CL is a dman fine actor and I think he will play the part he is described as playing ' a charasmatic sepratist' down to perfection. He has the presence about him and the look and some damn damn damn fine acting skills. Oh and he's a keen golfer.

finti
CL has grace just like Peter Cushing had in ANH, by the way why does all the badies in SW talk with an English accent?

Gundark
Cause it just sounds so cool. smokin'

CL is an awesome baddie and has the bad guy screen credits to back it up. I think his presence alone will be almost as intimidating as Vader's (but not quite).

Dim
Because the English are just naturally bad, finti laughing out loud
*runs and hides*

noggins
Oh yeah - the English are evil. What George needs now is a heroic Welsh Jedi and I'll be happy

COREWORLD
CL is an awesome swordsman, this is most evident in the 'Musketeer' movies of the seventies, i believe he also trained with Errol Flynn. We have had the 'pit bull' with Maul, now it is time for a different apprentice, someone who can be charming and seductive enough to sway the 'chosen one' from the light side of the force, i can see this playing out like the ending of ROTJ, with Anakin killing Dooku as his first act as a sith lord.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.