ROHAN vs. GONDOR

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CaptainHaldir
so who would u fight for if mordor was out of the picture? I would fight for Rohan... yes Gondor has more armor and barricades etc... but i think Rohan has more skilled soldiers with weapons and know the land alittle better...+ knowledge of horses... what do you all think.... would u be in service to Aragorn king? or Eomer king?

Ushgarak
To quote Aragorn in the animated version:

"The Riders of Rohan are the finest warriors I ever saw... but they were never many."

They are my favourite Tolkien people but you have to have a sense of proportion with them!

But remember- throughout the whole of Middle-Earth history, no Empire of ANY size EVER enslaved the Horse Lords, from the Eothraic tribes to the Eotheod to the Rohirrim, without SERIOUSLY regretting it later on!

Aragorn#1
That is a very hard decision because Aragorn is probably the wisest ruler Gondor has had in ages. But I am a HUGE fan of the Rohirrim and there horses. I dont think Eomer is as good of a ruler as Aragorn but in battle a horse is a good thing to have you get twice the power, twice the speed , and twice the brains. I'd go with the Rohirrim yes

DBZFan
Legolas would win!~

GABRIEL05
*cough* legolas looks like a donkey raping hairband reject *endcough*

Ahem. I would want to ride with Rohan. Just cuz they look cooler than the Dunadain, or the Gondorian soldiers. However I would hate to be on the wrong side of a fight with Aragorn.

Anarion
I agree with Gabriel - on the 2nd part.
Yes, Rohan is great with all the horse-power but what if Gondor manages to get it's hands on some of them? You never know what ways Aragorn would try..
Lol, I imagine them riding Orcs and Uruk-hais! big grin
Err... when did Legolas come in the picture..?

Ushgarak
Though why do you tbhink the Rohirrim know the land better? They have only been there five centuries; Gondor has been there since the start of the Third Age.

night_fire999
No, the Dunadain would win, coz they rule!!!!

turin
well i really like the horse lords and all but gondor soldiers are the decendents of numenor. though their blood is thined and mingled it is still in their veins and i think that would give them the win.

ariwin
Rohan, definately. They're my favorite people of middle earth and seem like such great warriors...

Can't wait to see more on Rohan during the TTT EE...

pinksuezo
lol did u see in the ttt spoof in mad magazine, aragorn is talkin to legolas in the middle of the battle with the uruk hai, and he sez: "There are 10000! How will we defeat them?" (or somthin like that), and then legolas says :"You are right. You take the one on the right thats limping and looks sick, and ill take the 9999 on the left!"

KidRock
i think that joke should be the other way around. i think anyone with a bow is a wuss. i mean yeah you sit back and just fire. look at aragorn hes in the heat of battle right on the front lines. while legolas uses his bow and might have to use his daggers evrey now and then

Lady Ellie
I think bowmen are as usefull as swordsmen! Just imagine a battle without bowmen...

Lord_Andres
Imagine a battle without swordsmen

nemo
i go with Rohan. i like them better.

Fire
ROHAN

ItsAllMerryToMe
I don't know who I would side with...see Gondor hasnt been under the rule of a good fighter...Denethor has been making all men even greedier and fouler than they already were...but I think when Aragorn becomes king they all kinda form up and decide we want to win this war...this fight has to end for all creatures of middle earth...not just us...so their heart is more into it...plus ARAGORN hello...lol...but then the Rohan have the horse skill...they are afterall the home of the Horselords...lol...so their abilities on a horse may be greater....so as i said...i dont no...but id prolly wanna stay on the same side as Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli wink

El Toro De Brah
it depends...if rohan goes into battle without a number of archers the Gondorian archers will have a field day shootin dem down while dey charge at dem. but in wide open battle...rohan would slaughter gondor.

Orli'sElf7
GABRIEL05
*cough* legolas looks like a donkey raping hairband reject *endcough*

Ahem. I would want to ride with Rohan. Just cuz they look cooler than the Dunadain, or the Gondorian soldiers. However I would hate to be on the wrong side of a fight with Aragorn.

GASP!!! how can u say that!?!?! okokOK fine i wont turn this into an orli thread but NEWAYS...i think gondor would win..they have both faramir, aragorn PLUS all his buddies from the north and his elves if he needs reinforcements!!! yes

rohanrider
rohan is way more skilled plus they are better armed. Gondor men just have like a pike and a sword but the riders of rohan have like 3 spears a sword a shield a horse a shortbow and a hatchet axe thingy. Plus gondor has worse leadership, the only good leader they have left after boromir dies is Faramir! Plus you cant count aragorn as a gondorian beacause he is leader of the north when he claim s the throne he not claiming the throne of gondor he claiming the throne of the entire two kingdoms untied!

Exabyte
Hmm I'm not too sure about that... I guess Rohan had more weapons than people willing to fight, but the same goes for Gondor erm

Both were kinda at the end of their strength at the time of the war of the ring... both with leaders that were unable to lead the people, both hardly a shadow of their earlier might and glory
And both would already have been lost without the other armies...

Lord_Andres
The Gondorian armor is so much better then the Rohirrims, they are almust fully metal plated coverd and got a much larger shield and besides they got better archers

Shadow_King
gondor.

manny321
WEll rohan can't do uch damage to the walls of minas tirth, in open fields rohan will just charge over all thier men.

Big_Daddy2
Rohan! Brave, noble horse lords. Barbarians, courageous and powerful. On the open field, Rohan would win, simply because they're the Cavalry. Cavalry when used against Infantry become a pretty lethal force to reckon with. Think about it, if you didn't have Poleaxes, spears, or pikes there is absolutely no way you can withstand the charge of heavy horse. You'd be over run, and your lines would be shattered.

manny321
even with poles and pikes having so many charging against will mean a deafeat in open field

Bantache
Definetley Gondor. There's more rigidity, it would make war easier physcilogically (sp?). it would just be another day where as in Rohan there's people running round like headless chickens. That would make me freak.

Lord_Andres

ladygrim
Rohan defiently

Lord_Andres
Anyway if the gondorian soldiers would have be so lame as they where in the movie, my bets would be on Rohan, I mean the Gondorian soldiers sucked plain and simple, just look at the scenes when the orcs take Osgiliath, you see stupit little orcs with little hammers a$$ whoop mail clad knights with swords, THATS JUST ALL WRONG! I think PJ made the gondorians all too girly in fact I think girls would have given the orcs a better fight

rohanspear543
Rohan, even with the faults the person above me some said about the massive calvary fault they wouldn't be in such a deep formation.More of a long thin line of calvary.Like the gondorian charge on ogskilioth.So the giant build up of dominoes wouldn't happen.

Lord_Andres
The Rohirrim wouldint have such a great impact if they crashed into the gondorian infantry, it would turn out the same way as it did in Braveheart, and besides the Gondirans have Imrahil and his knights

Darth Sauron
well, my money is on gondor for this one.

ladygrim
at least rohan has some good lookinng fellas in there

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.