who is the key character

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

whiterider
who do you think is the key character in the movies.

i think it is gandalf because one, frodo would never have found out that the one ring was in his posession. two the fellowship wouldnt have live in the mines of moria, if it wasnt for gandalf and three, none of the people at helms deep probably wouldnt have lived if it wasnt for gandalf. obvioulsy, my favorite character is gandalf from what im writing

CptJackSparrow
I think there is no real key character. All the characters had to contribute something in order for the other characters to accomplish what they needed to in the story. True, Frodo wouldn't have known without Gandalf, but without Frodo, the ring wouldn't get to Mt. Doom, without Gollum, it wouldn't have been destroyed, without Sam, Frodo wouldn't have made it all the way.....everyone played their part, and the quest wouldn't have been completed without each one's contribution.

whiterider
i never thought of it that way, thanx for sayin that to me, i guess i wasnt thinkin.

Tracker
Which it is most likely one of the greatest works ever written.

Tolkien was a true genius. smart

whiterider
lord of the rings trilogy is one of the greatest book series i have ever seen

chica16
tolkien's my hero

glorfindel
you havent read any disc world novels (Terry Pratchet) then?

CptJackSparrow
I agree, the Lord of the Rings is an epic trilogy. It's destined to be a classic for years. It's one of my favorite stories.

whiterider
its my favorite story most likely out of many

nemo
i think the story talks about theme rather than charactors.
tolkien didn't develope the charactors very much.
his books was more about the story.
and he's a master story teller.

Aragorn#1
I agree with u guys the lotr are the best books and movies of all Time !!!
I am abscessed! happy I think that Gandalf and Aragorn are mostly the key characters because like white rider said Gandalf lead the way and stuff and Aragorn becomes King, but of course all characters have a very important role in the movies and books. yes

fini
heyyyyyyyyy the key character is the DAMn ring

babsbabet
lol

thewhitewizard
i think legolas is the best

Eowyn_of_Mordor
Like someone said...there is no key part....but maybe, just maybe there is a key subject...everything is directly or indirectly related with one ring... I think Tolkien used a black-white technic to describe his characters...Some of them are trying to destroy the ring...and some of them are trying to get him...No matter what is happening they all think about it...
So yes,I think the key role here plays the ring....

hayden's minx
Well I haven't seenThe Return of the King but I would venture Sam.

BOPRecruit 16
i think the two major characters are frodo and gandalf. after all, the story and world is told from a view of a hobbit (from what i read in an author's note by tolkien himself). gandalf is more like the informer, fills all the questions and loose ends in.

billyboyd4ever
i think there is no true "key" character. they are so many characters that play huge parts in this story, that one could not possibly be chosen. i always got the feeling that tolkien intended for that--for the spotlight not be on just one, or a selected few, but a large group of people, because it brings such diversity to the story.

Verity
I strongly agree!! U took the words right outta my mouth! wink

howie
There is no key character. Every character plays a crucial part in the movie. Aragon is the closest though. Happy Dance

CaptainInsano
Howie is dead on. Especially towards the end of the ROTK so many people could be considered the main character because Tolkien and PJ described the characters so well and they all of something huge for example Frodo, the ring bearer, Aragorn the returning king, Theoden, Eowyn and the other guy forgot his name, also starts with an E though the horse guy, Gandalf the white the most powerful/wise wizard you get the idea.

fini
Eomer.................lol

Sifer
As said in the Matrix (which is no doubt a reference to this amazing piece of literature):

The Path of the One, is made up by the Many.

Thus, no single one of them is a key character, rather all of them play a crucial role in the aiding of the destruction of Sauron.

billyboyd4ever
yes very true...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.