The time of pure speculation is running out...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
Scary as it is, it is only about half a year before the new trailer comes. At which point, alot of this extrapolated speculation will stop and hardcore facts will be discussed far more often. In a way, I'm going to miss all these wild shenanigans...

So. Only six months to go before more Star Wars Theatre footage, eh? Wow.

In any case... I'm wandering if that, before this period, each of us shoudl some some specific declaration-or even a final guess at the full plot, and then later on we can see how right they are. The release date of the first trailer will be the cut-of point (or earlier if it gets leaked).

We still have half a year, so no need to rush...

In the meanwhile... how much stuff have we heard that we think is going to turn out to be nonsense?

Darth Pants
Many of the rumours heard have been backed up by multiple sources, with no reason that they should be doubted. In fact, the only dodgy one that springs to mind is the rumour a good while ago that the next Sith Lord would be that Japanese looking guy, with a grey face and stripe across his eyes. The supposed actor's agent must have been lying through her teeth, as she went into massive detail on what he would be like in the film, and even quoted from the 'script'. I dearly hope that the flamesabre thing will be nonsense, but again, I've seen at least two sources that seem to suggest otherwise. It'll be a slight disappointment if the trailer does come, and we recognise every single clip from what we know already. I'll be ashamed of myself.

Ushgarak
I've lost count of the rumours that were nonsense, from Jodo Kast and Mara Jade onwards.

JediOasis
I heard we were going to see the Millenium Falcon in a scene or two. I really hope not, that needs to remain an OT original.

Darth Pants
Yeah, for a story that spans an entire galaxy, showing the falcon would be too 'its a small world'. It would be daft if Ben and Luke had bought a trip on a craft already seen or travelled in by Ben and/or Luke's mother/father many years ago. I was a bit disappointed that Anakin had built C3PO, it seems more like the action all takes place on one street, not across many different worlds.

Ushgarak
Mind you, fan demand for continuity has a lot to do with that.

In the earlest, earliest treatments, back in the early-mid 70s, Mace Windu owned the Falcon. That was the original source of the rumour. Some interesting recent (and apparently new) sketeches of the Falcon have resurrected it. I would not be at all surprised if this was the new ship/weapon that has been hinted at.

Sparky12
i've heard on a couple of different sites' conversations, that the MF will indeed make an appearance. without much to do with the story of the episode itself, of course. if the MF does make an appearance, i would bet my tuition that it would be seen parked outside a "cantina" of sorts, and the story of han's acquisition of the vessel as the backdrop amidst a huddle of fighting in a back room. only as a moment or so of the film's total time, but enough to earn a smile from fans.

Ushgarak
I would be enormously surprised if Han had ANYTHING to do with it.

JediOasis
Yeah, Han only be like 12 or something.

Dim
Yeah..very unlikely that he's got anything to do with the Prequel.

Ushgarak
That's way GL had no problem with EU authors creating his past.

Darth Ninja
I keep hearing rumors that Aurra Sing might be in Episode 2. Isn't Aurra an EU character?

Ushgarak
She was in the podrace sequence. Established history about her is EU, but who knows what will follow?

Darth Ninja
Why did GL use the double-bladed lightsaber in TPM? Exar Kun used it in The Sith War, which was written years before TPM. I thought GL doesn't use EU. Is the double-bladed lightsaber the only exception?

Ushgarak
It's not that he doesn't use EU, it's that EU is not necessarily right.

I'd be careful of thinking that it was a direct reference to Kun, though. After all, Maul had two sabres in the original sketches, so it was always a flexible position.. They considered all sorts of fancy ideas; that the EU had already used a double sabre is probably little more than coincidence.

You may consider the use of the term 'Sith' in the films an EU triumph; however, it was still GL who came up with that term. The main definition of EU is any offical Star Wars work that GL himswlf didn't do.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.