Is scouring of the shire gonna be on ROTK

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

whiterider
hey does anybody know if the scouring of the shire is gonna be on the new movie, it would be a real heart braker if it wasnt with that being such a big part in the movie.

SlayerChick1188
I remember reading somewhere that they were not going to include it in the movie because its a bit on an anticlimax (from a cinematic standpoint) To have a bunch of Large Scale battle sequences to go back to a quaint Shire scene might draw the interest out of the movie for non book fans... (I desperately hope that this isnt true and that the scouring will be in ROTK!)

whiterider
i know, i feel the same way as you do, about the stuff and all. but it would be very disappointing if they didnt put that in there

nemo
i don't know, maybe peter jackson can come up with a better more suitable ending for the movie.
afterall he did change some part of the story.

Ambarturion
Well I think Saruman is going to be dealt with pretty early on in ROTK, which would probably mean the scouring won`t be in it. It would be a tall order to fit it in properly with everything else that still needs to happen. I hope it makes it though.

whiterider
he might be dealt with early but how would that be. do you think that gandalf would fight him again. i know for sure if they do that gandalf would win since he is the white wizard the most powerful wizard out of the 4 remaining trustworthy wizards.

Ambarturion
Either that or Wormtongue stabs him in the back, like pushing him from Orthanc and he falls or something.

It would be nice to see Gandalf get his own back though.

chica16
i didn't like the scouring of the shire

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.