Gandalf and the witch king

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

silentfaf
I dont know what happenes in Rotk just started reading it. I was watching the trailer that leaked out the other day and when i saw the witch kind land in front Gandalf i got the ill feeling that pj might have gandalf kill the witch kind instead of Eowyn and merry. so some please indulge me that gandalf doesnt kill the witch king.

Ushgarak
Well, regardless of how they do it, Merry doesn't have the right sword so it is going to have to be at least a little different.

But do remember that Gandalf DID confront the Witch-King in the books- only the arrival of the Rohirrim meant the Witch-King moved off to handle that.

whiterider
who knows, its likely that pj is going to change it up a little or maybe a lot from what ive seen gandalf isnt supposed to be stopped by the witchking he is supposed to confrot him at the front gate.

fini
heyyyyyyyyyy killing the witch king is Eowyn and pippin's big scene....PJ cant not show us that

billyboyd4ever
no its eowyn and merry's big scene, pippin is watching denethor go mad

glorfindel
i must agree with ush if they did n,t go to the barrow on the downs they did n,t get the sword needede to kill the witch king when i saw the fellow ship that thought crossed my mind (strange and twisted as it is )
smokin'

CptJackSparrow
Yeah, it is kind of weird. I think they'll give it to Eowyn though, considering how they seem to be bringing out the female roles more for equality. I mean, look at what they did with Arwen, and she doesn't even come in until ROTK! I don't think they'd pass up this chance to bring a female character into the spotlight in a male dominated storyline, especially when it already fits into the story.

whiterider
hmmph, maybe but well all just have to wait until ROTK comes out, december is to far away for me
sad december why

CptJackSparrow
Yeah, I know. I originally heard they were moving it to May though, so I'm glad it's still in December. Personally, I don't like the exagerration of the female characters...I'd rather they stayed truer to the story, but oh well.

whiterider
i feel the same way as you do cptjacksparrow, not to be mean or nething. i just like to see movies that arent way over exaperrated from where they origianlly were created after. a few exagerrations is ok, but a lot, well im not so sure. as i said i like movies that stick to the original thing with a few different parts.

silentfaf
Hmm bout killen witch king maybe ther blades merry and pip got from galadrial in the EE will b the blades used to kill witchking

babsbabet
I think Merry and Eowyn will kill him because Dominic said somthing about having a broken arm in the third movie so I think that's bacause he stabbed the witch king.

chica16
i don't think PJ would make that big of change... i don't like eowyn but i would be very upset if he changed that... no he wouldn't do that...

Eowyn_of_Mordor

turin
well i think merry and eowyn will still take out the witchking even though the confrontation between gandalf and the witchking is deifferent (judging from the preview). but merry's sword may not have come from the barrow but it probably still is a blade from arnor since aragorn gave it to him (assuming aragorn retreived the blade from amon hen and returns it to merry).

Sifer
Errr that isn't the Witch King in the Trailer. The Witch King is gonna be in full armour with his black crown big grin

Remember all these reports of people saying they saw Sauron in a ROTK trailer and he is holding a mace surrounded by EIGHT Nazgul. Well guess what, it isn't Sauron, it's the Witch King in his armour. Go look at the toy if you don't believe me wink

turin
thats a good point, but i never saw anything with what looked like Sauron with 8 wraiths, i would love to see it though so post the pic if you can.

Member.
There's a toy?

Verity
Maybe he's going to make Pippin use Eowyn's sword!! I hope he doesn't change that toooo much! It is their scene....perhaps for practical reasons it will be altered a little sad

BOPRecruit 16
in the books, i don't ever remember gandalf facing off the witch king. it's odd that he's referred as to the witch king because witches are females. but the name fits anyways.

Sifer

Sifer
Also:

Witch\, n. tiga, wtga, a soothsayer (cf. Wiseacre); cf. Fries. wikke, a witch, LG. wikken to predict, Icel. vitki a wizard, vitka to bewitch.] 1. One who practices the black art, or magic; one regarded as possessing supernatural or magical power by compact with an evil spirit, esp. with the Devil; a sorcerer or sorceress; -- now applied chiefly or only to women, but formerly used of men as well.

Also taken from Dictionary.com

ugthebarbarian
The witch king faces Gandalf and they exchange a few words. The witch king is all cocky and everything while Gandalf stands firm and they are about to beat the crap out of each other. That is, until the Rohirrim arrive, and the witch king has to leave to take care of them.

Ushgarak
Yes, that 'Witch' is a female only term is a modern day misconception.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.