Just saw ghost ship

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Freddy Fan
Hi all, i just saw ghost ship on DVD, and i am greatly dissapointed, how hard is it to get a movie that makes you jump these days

what do all you think of this movie, and cansomeone suggest a good horror film.

thanks

Scott

ragesRemorse
yeah ghostship was pretty bad, with no story and bad movie making was a wad of crap i just watched in the mouth of madness again for the first time in a while thats a pretty damn good movie

bravegirl
I didn't like it the first time I saw it, but then it grew on me the second time. It's not really all that scary, but entertaining enough for me.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
I haven't seen it but my friends said it was worse than Childs Play and Leprechaun...so im not gonna watch it

DeNiro
whats wrong with childs play and leparechun i found those funny not scary well when i saw the first leparchun i was 5 so it did scare me but i was five first time i saw tittes though hehe but i liked ghostship i dont know i just did good music they had mudvayne's song Falling very good luv that song

TMWATA
ummmmmmmmm a good ghost movie the changling, the original haunting movie and fright night they are good scary movies

LoserBrandi
I was dissapointed with this movie too I thought it would be really scary. I didn't think it was scary at all and pretty boring.

ragesRemorse
yeah but thats still pretty f*ucked up that everyone on the ship got cut in half, thats bout the only part i liked in the movie however i do love that chik from E.R smile

Vision-of-Death
After seeing Ghost ship...just to get back to movies that makes you think for days afterwards...i suggest you to watch "The Others", if you haven't done so already...if you have...watch it again !!

Cheers

-=Urot=-
Ghost Ship is a direct remake from the 1980 movie Death Ship.

http://www.u-magazine.com/magazine/articles/images/ghost-ship.jpg

Ghost Ship Plot:

The deserted 1954 luxury cruise ship Antonia Graza, thought to have been lost in the early '60s, is discovered floating in the Bering Sea by a salvage crew. As the crew members board the ship and start to tow it to land, they notice that weird, creepy, possibly supernatural things begin to happen.

-=VS=-

http://www.dacre.org/flash/www/gbq01160.jpg

Death Ship Plot:

It's Captain Ashland's last voyage with the ship, when his ship
mysteriously start taking in water and sinks, a few survivors has
to rescue themselves onto an old abandoned German ship. Everything
on the ship seems to be in function, so they decide to stay until
the rescue team gets there... unfortunately, the ship has other
plans than for them to get rescued.

What the f**k? Its the same friggin Movie!!

I think they tried to pull a fast one. The movie excutives must have thought the movie crowd was going to be young, so they would not know about the first moive in 1980.

That type of mindless movie promotion, makes me sick! sick

Side Note: If you look at the old 1980 Death Ship moive poster it has the New working title Ghost Ship in it. They didnt even try to change the movie poster. laughing out loud

What a waste of good money.

ragesRemorse
yeah and the 1980's poster looks better to

Evil Dead
I enjoyed the first 5 minutes of Ghost Ship..........it was all down hill from there. That's one of the best opening scenes I've seen in a horror movie in a while honestly..........too bad the movie couldn't have been as good as its opening scene.

alic88
the opening 5 minutes were plain GROSS. made me almost puke

Dagons Blade
It was an OK movie, but for Ghost Ship type scares, I would rather watch the classic 3rd movie in the Tombs Of The Blind Dead series, Ghost Galleon, because while this film is limited in it's FX (an obvious toy ship in a bathtub) the actual interior sets are appropriately eerie.

For those unknowing,
Ghost Galleon is a 1970's Spanish film about a deserted Spanish Galleon appearing out of nowhere, with a centuries dead coven of Templar Knights aboard, guarding their treasure. Some truly creepy moments, such as their rising from the wooden caskets amid a series of Gregorian chanting, and a scene where they chop a woman's head off and begin eating her flesh and drinking her blood after she dies. But in order to appreciate the Templars, you would have to begin with Tombs of The Blind Dead and it's sequel Return of The Blind Dead. A fourth film, Night of The Seagulls also exists and is the last in the series.

My point? SOme older movies, while dated, are much more effective than some of the stuff out there today, because in old movies, it seems more scary moments appear than in some of the new films that are just out for the old almighty dollar. Sad really. sad

pablo007
If you really want to watch a good old fashioned horror movie check out Evil Dead and Evil Dead 2, Army of Darkness is the third part but it's not scary. Sam Raimi please make a fourth part !

silver_tears
seen army of darkness i did not really like ghost ship no

chico23
Yeah too bad the rest of Ghost Ship couldn't live up to the first five minutes.

khalla
i thought it wasnt bad but i thought that desmond harrington was really hot

pablo007
Holy crap, where I posted the Evil Dead posters was one of my 1st posts at KMC and yeah Ghost Ship sucks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.