What Back to the Future and The Matrix Trilogy's connection

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

revolution_man
i am a box office analyst for the herald tribune in indiana(but also a huge matrix fan). If history repeats itself, revolutions will make about 70 percent of what reloaded made, which is about rougly 195 million dollars. What i mean by history repeating itself is based on The Back To the Future series. The first one came out and in its opening weekend and grossed a moderate 12 million dollars(thats about 30 million dollars today)...in the long run it became a worldwide phenomenon and eventually grossed more than 210 million dollars in the u.s. 4 YEARS LATER(like the matrix), the sequel came out. it grossed a then-record breaking 45 million dollars in 4 days.(like the matrix reloaded) it was huge, despite lukewarm reviews(like the matrix reloaded). but 6 MONTHS LATER, the second sequel came out. it grossed a then- good-but not great-by-back to the future standards, even though the reception of the movie was better than the first sequel. it evntually made 87 million dollars. but hopefully people will be more excited about the matrix's second sequel than they were about back to the future. AND US MATRIX FANS NEED TO SEE IT A LOT AND MAKE IT BIGGER!!!!(i realize that you guys prolly dont care as much about the box office as i do, but i personally would like to see this movie become huge!)

Sparrows Angel
hi

Dexx
hello...there's a big chance revolutions will hit the box higher than reloaded.

JixQuillan
I think that there is more of a connection between, the Matrix and the Terminator. It's kinda the same story line.

JRatT12
Hey your right JixQuillan the matrix is a huge rip-off the terminator movies. Im glade a few other people relies these

JixQuillan
Well they do have the same idea, but the Matrix isnt entirely a ripoff of Terminator, because in Terminator the humans battle using sheer human abilities. While in the Matrix the humans battle the machines using a living computer virus named Neo.

nickjs21
there's actually a terminator/matrix thread if you can find it.

interesting connection with the back to the future thing, though.

JRatT12

nickjs21
y'know, i did just point out that t2 has nothing to do with the original subject of this thread . . . you could always post that in the terminator/matrix thread, in which everything you just said has already been discussed.

GABRIEL05
did you know matrix revolutions was the highest grossing Rated R movie of all time!!!!!!??????!!!!!!

revolution_man
u mean reloaded. yes it was the highest grossing r rated movie of all time. it beat out beverly hills cop, which grossed 242 million dollars. and i really dont think that the matrix trilogy is a ripoff at all of the terminator series. they are both great, smart, and unique science fiction films. actually, those trilogies are probably the cest sci-fi trilogies out there along with star wars. what i meant be similarity of films, i meant by box office data, not by story lines.

JRatT12
JUST FOR YOUR INFO...star wars is not a sci-fi movie its a fantasy

revolution_man
umm i beg to differ that. well, i guess it is... it's both i guess

Leog14
Well to me the Box Office image isn't the biggest part of success when it comes to the Academy awards but I know for certain that there are some many people (including me) that right now would want to see The Matrix Revolutions. If the only reason that the movie might drag it's because of the Lord of The Rings: The Return of the King that opening the following month. I love the Matrix trilogy. It's hard to find movies these days that actually have a great trilogy. I for certain know that Revolutions will be a box office blockbuster because everytime I see that damn teaser and trailer i get shakes just I like when I saw The Hulk trailer, X-Men 2, Terminator 3. I just can't wait. Anyway I think one of the reasons why Back to the future 3 was as good as the two before was because the last was a cowboy country film and not everyone likes that old western look. I prefer the second part myself. Anyway just think about Open Range right now that is coming out later this month and think do you really want to see a western. Sorry Kevin Costner, love your work in JFK, The Untouchables, Dances with Wolves, and The Bodyguard but this Open Range isn't gonna make it. Well just get marry and retire. I think it was waterworld that killed you. Just like "Gigli" killed J.Lo.

nickjs21
you people go off-topic like it's your jobs.

just find the terminator threads, please.

Verity
me too! Let's blow this mutha" up!!!!Happy Dance

VenomVA
Great work with the BTTF and Matrix box office numbers smile

I for one will do with Revolutions the same thing I did with Reloaded (If they open it the same way). See it that Thursday, Friday, Saturday and that Sunday. I believe in giving them some of their money back before I seek the b'leg big grin

If a movie is worth it I will see it up to 5 times in the theater before viewing it @ home. ex: I saw Bad Boys 2 four times already big grin but saw Reloaded atleast 15 + times....I am still mad at my wife because Reloaded has left the Virginia Air and Space Ctr (IMAX) and I didn't see it again mad mad mad mad

Anyways, GO SEE REVOLUTIONS 5+ times big grin big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.