The Second Official KMC Forums Signature Making Contest!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
After the success of the last contest, which was more of an experimental thing to see if the concept would work, we are now announcing the official second signature making contest!

This competition is open to any registered member of the forums. Here is what we want entrants to do: Simply make a new signature image for yourself, that you might use at these forums. Make it as well as you can, something that you can be really proud of. Post it here. Then, when submissions are over, judges from amongst the mods here at KMC will judge the sigs and award places in three categories:

1. Best-looking signature, a simple award for the one that simply looks the best

2. Best designed signature, an award for the one that the judges feel was the most expertly and competently created.

3. The cleverest signature, an award for the signature that the judges think has the cleverest concept- originality and thought count a lot here.

Closing date for this competition is the end of August. Please, take your time, as we will only be accepting single submisisons; don't submit until you are sure you are finished.

When you are done, post your entry in this thread as an attachment. DO NOT USE THIS THREAD FOR DOING ANYTHING OTHER THAN POSTING ENTRIES! People seemed to have trouble understanding this before- do not discuss, query, or ask questions here. Do that in the discussion thread for the sig making contests here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f11/t8996.html

Please, ALL queries there, this place is JUST for entries. Erroneous posts here will be deleted and I will disqualify people for posting irrelevant stuff here if I have to!

Signatures can be of any form you like- scanned pics (so long as a reasonable amount of effort is done to make it your own) or pieces of art built from scratch. Certain things are more likely to win certain awards- scanned stuff tends to look better but a well made piece from scratch is far more likely to win the design award. Your name does not HAVE to be on the sig but that is the custom- if your name is not on the sig it had best be for a design reason. If you want to accompany your entry with an explanation of how you created it, that would be welcomed.

Please observe the following rules:

1. Of course, the decision of the judges is final, and no argument will be entered into.

2. The sig cannot be more than 100K large data-wise, and must not be so big as to disrupt the formatting of the page. It can be as small as you like, it just might not get noticed if it is tiny.

3. We have to be satisfied that the signature was created yourself, and not just taken from somewhere else- it is a sig MAKING contest after all. And it has to be a NEW signature, made specifically for this contest.

4. Do NOT start using your entry as an actual signature until the contest is done! This makes it VERY hard for us to tell if you were using it beforehand or not! Any entry actually being used as a sig will not be valid.

5. It has to be a sig that we can reasonably accept would appear on the KMC forums. This includes many common sense things like it likely having a link to one the the movies covered here, and probably containing your name. More importantly, though, it must be G-rated, no profanity, or nudity, and so on.

6. ONLY ONE ENTRY IS ALLOWED. Make sure your sig is finished before posting it; only your first entry will be accepted- mistakes and all.

7. We reserve the right to change the rules at any time, for which you will have to rely on our common sense as we will rely on yours.

Baylin
Here's my entree smile

Tired Hiker
Here's mine!

Celsius
Here it is. took me an hour or so messing about. Nice entry Baylin. smile
And Hiker.........imaginative. wink

Celsius
FU*K!!! Its just like me to go and stuff it up!! mad i posted the wrong pic and it wouldnt edit. mad

here we go again. Hope it bloody works this time.

Ushgarak
Close one there, Celsius... we couldn't work out exactly what you were doing! Literally speaking I should accept the first entry only, of course...

... but I won't...

drumsgirl13
mine's on my signature!

Ushgarak
Very sorry, Drumsgirl:

"4. Do NOT start using your entry as an actual signature until the contest is done! This makes it VERY hard for us to tell if you were using it beforehand or not! Any entry actually being used as a sig will not be valid."

Though as you are new, I guess I will allow it as an entry if you dump it as your sig and post it as an attachment here.

drumsgirl13
sorry sad

Ushgarak
No need to apologise. You could always make a new sig for the contest- plenty of time! Best not discuss it here, though, use this place:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f11/t8996.html

Killer
I didn't make mine.. it's was my origanel idea though, but to big... anways I think Godshinto did a great job on it.. it's in my sig

Ushgarak
I DID just explain that something already being used as a sig was not valid...

Ushgarak
Please, folks, competition entries only here... no posting of anything else!

Godshinto
Here's a competition entry to shame all others, well some others TiredHikers is so damn funny

snlovergirl
ok, i thought that i would give this a shot big grin this is only the second one that ive made.

SpikeSpiegel
Here we are i managed to get the file size down, and its my first ever own made sig. big grin

DarkStorm
big grin

RedQueen
heres mine smile

Captain REX
*runs in angrily*

ARG!!! My imaging program just shut down and deleted the thing I had been working on, so I have to do it all over again. mad

So you will be seeing my work this time, but not right now...that's a big maybe...

Captain REX
Finally finished! The malicious deathk-to-all attitude of my RPG character shows itself...

Fitch
though I said I'm out of this one I thought better enter with something then quit so this is my entry.I'm sorry I haven't had the time to make a good one,but anyhow....here it is

Dexx
phew..finally finished. Doubt it'll win anything but i made it because i at least wanted to enter. No missunderstandings, i made everything except the handle. the background, the writting (the dexx one)...i'm gonna use it after the contest probably, with a fiew reaangements in size and spacing ofcourse...but i left it like this as a contest entry. Didn't even save it at max quality so it can be udner 100 kbs erm..oh well..here it is.

Ushgarak
Ok! Well, thankyou for your entries everyone, and Kes and myself (and I think Lance wanted to as well, if he is around) will jduge them ASAP!

Closing until then.

Ushgarak
NOTE: Original results were posted incorrectly due to a mistake by the judges. These are now the correct results.

Ok, folks, here are the results...

(drum roll...)

Strong showing again! Everyone was great. And a shame that some don't win anything- for example, Tired Hiker's was very funny!

Best-looking Signature: Darkstorm's. It's not the most spectacularly showy, but it is simple, clear, effective, and the most pleasing to look at! Also the funniest...

Best-made Sig: Baylin's. It may be small, but it was well made- and the animation clinches it.

Best concept: Dexx. An original twist on the whole 'sabre' idea, and one that fits the whole 'sig' concept well by making the name the design, rather than making a design and just adding the name. And all done rather well!

But thanks muchly for all of you, it was all good, and we may do it again sometime!

This thread now open for responses.

Dexx
tehee...i'm happy big grinstick out tongue

Kes
Congrats ppl smile

Ushgarak
Hugs for all!

silver_tears
well put ush big grin congratz all big grin

Baylin
Wow thanks! Somebody pinch me I cant believe I won something! big grin

yerssot
*pinches baylin over and over* stick out tongue

Baylin
*giggles like an idiot* eek!

yerssot
*stops pinching*
everything ok?

Baylin
*Still giggles like an idiot*

yerssot
I take that as a yes

Baylin
*Stop giggling and starts dribbling*

Paola
Congrats Baylin!!! big grin
Can i say which my favorite was??

Dexx
go ahead

Paola
Thank you big grin

Red Queen's was my favorite

Fitch
Congraz all !!

cermiestar
well done....i loved them all!

Celsius
Ai karamba! I lose again!!! stick out tongue. But next time evil face

Baylin
You did not lose my friend! You just didnt come as first as some of the other entrants. smile

Captain REX
Wow, I lost again, what a surprise...

yerssot
they dislike you rex, it's all an evil plot!

Hypernova
The signatures were well-made. Would have to agree with the best concept! Cool!

Godshinto
I don't mind atleast I placed in the last one I just didn't pull out all of the stops this time.

LanceWindu
If I had voted I would have come up with the same winners that were announced.

Congrats to you all.

Ushgarak
Yup, sorry, lance, tried to find you at the time but couldn't!

Tired Hiker
Hey, I got an honorable mention. That's pretty good for a guy who never made a sig in his life until this contest. Next time I may be a forced to be reckoned with. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Paola
When will the next contest be???

Ushgarak
We'll wait for there to be enough interest for another one- we don;t want to overdo it!

Tired Hiker
Lets enjoy this rounds winners. * oooh, aaaah. * mmm. So nice. So, precious. *Naa naah, naa naa naa naa naaaah.*

LanceWindu
I have an idea for the next contest.

Instead of actually making a full on signature, we should make designs that anyone could use to make a signature.

Like an outline or a template.

What do you think?

Dexx
confused..i don't get it

SpikeSpiegel
Well. I'm already working on my next sig, if it's done b4 the next contest i'll use it's win win either way.

Tired Hiker
Or, how about we, I mean you guys, come up with a theme and a date, say two months from now, where the final entrys are due. Folks can make as many sigs as they want, but the last one they post by the chosen date is the only one that counts toward the contest. So, you can have a secret back up sig that you know is the bomb, but you don't show it. You can post other sigs in the meantime to maybe psyche out the competition and stuff. Almost like Survivor, but not.

Dexx
then it wouldn't be as much doing the best you can out of your sig..instead trying to trick your adversaries. Only one entry goes..

Tired Hiker
Fair or fare (which one is it?) enough, but be warned: my next sig will be off the hook.

Dexx
*shivers* brrrr...stick out tongue

Tired Hiker
what's wrong Dexx? Got the chills?

Dexx
yup...i'm dying here

Tired Hiker
Is it my breath?

Dexx
no..the suspense....

LanceWindu
I think that from now on each signature contest should have a theme of some sort.

Like, if possible, the next one could be: GIFS or maybe Character themed.

PiratePrincess
Kool, i like that idea! I didn't have my signature ready for this contest but i'll get it done for the next one!

Ushgarak
Themes got a mixed reaction when suggested before. A multi-themed compeition might work best with several theme categories to go for.

We could start the next one in October and have it run through to the end of the year.

LanceWindu
That's a long time for a contest.

But I guess it could work, have the people work their hardest and make it truly mean something, other than other site's graphics contests that happen each week.

Kes
With so much time ppl will probably forget blink

Dexx
not me...

Nivvy
This looks Good Fun >8D !!! LOL @ The Spaceballs Sig. I adore that Movie ^.^ !!

Roach
Hey where am i?!

Godshinto
You are standing in the Gerneral threads of the Killer Movie website Welcome I'm Godshinto.

Roach
Ok kewl coz im like lost in here really :P but can i ask u why the name?!

Godshinto
What you mean why killer movies because this site is made for movie fanatics people who can't get enough of movies we cover all of the movies that have been theaters and all that will be in theaters I hope that answeres your question.

Roach
oooohh ok so ur from the states right?! so tell me the top three latest movies out

Godshinto
Well the Best one is Underworld next Medallion next Jason vs. Freddy

Captain REX
Roach and Nivvy have some narly sigs. Very loud and colorful. big grin

LanceWindu
I myself like Niv's.

Captain REX
Same! Who made that?

LanceWindu
I wouldn't know.

Nivvy
Niv made Niv's one. And thanksies i'm guessin' My Nigwah Roachy made hers on FT. Ieeeeee ^_________^. Loud and Proud, Tis what we Nigwah's are big grin

Roach
ahah!!!!!!! our sigys??!! they rock aye !! :P

Roach
personally i like me avatar roll eyes (sarcastic)

Nivvy
Sigs are fun, If i had any actual Programs i would waste my spare time on makin' them. Hehe, Then printin' them out and plastering them all over my walls and books..... Etc

Nivvy
( Personally i like what's under mine xD !!! Gonna change it soon though )

Roach
whoa u made tht urself??! i wouldn't have the first clue where to start, i was just a rip off and did it at FT.. angel shifty

Roach
did u end up getting photo shop??!

Roach
oh an OMG have u seen my site lately my old as website i posted some of ur stuff there all ur creativity big grin

Red Texas
I'd like to submit three:

1.http://hometown.aol.com/leftistguy1/images/cool%20thingy%20sig.gif

2.http://hometown.aol.com/leftistguy1/images/peoples%20revolution%20y0y0y0.gif

3.http://hometown.aol.com/leftistguy1/images/mr%20hat%204%20prez%20newest%20shit.gif

Lyn
I got mine off Hypernova, she made it...isn't it cool!! thumb up happy
Thanx again Hypernova!!

LanceWindu
This isn't the signature show off Lyn.

This is a contest.

Dexx
was, anyway

LanceWindu
It still is.

It's just a longer contest than others.

clispin
Its not very good but i thot id giv it a go.

LanceWindu
Regular image with Microsoft Paint?

clispin
pretty much not very exciting.

LanceWindu
I'm thinking of doing something like that too.

I don't know though.

clispin
i cant do much else on this comp its pretty useless.

Godshinto
You don't think that there is anything that you can do with that how about something like this......................

Lyn
Sorry Lance... sad

LanceWindu
Not a problem.

Lyn
happy

BABOON
ummmm....snake plissken...best sig ever smokin'

grymlock
shut your f**kin face uncle F**ker... South Park Sig still rule!! laughing out loud
cheers mate!! beer

tptmanno1
wut programs do u use to create sigs??

Godshinto
And here was the second one please understand this contest has already ended this is just for Raz to see what this is all about but feel free to look at the sigs some of them are freakin awsome

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.