Good Solo Suggestions?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SlayerChick1188
I'm sitting around, bored, trying to find something to play on my electric guitar...

So does any body have any suggestions for GOOD guitar solos i can learn?

rock

wicker_man
Smells Like Teen Spirit

GABRIEL05
make one up, write it down, then play it

I have a question for rock guitarist. Do you usually write out, or plan your solo's or do you come up with them more or less spontaneously?

ragesRemorse
any solo by RANDY RHOADS are nice ihad lots of fun learning them even though cant play them just like the master but there still fun, look up some guitar tab on joe satriani or kenny wayne shepperd band there some fun tunes to try and learn but some are ust near impossible like stevie ray vighn

Baylin
It depends on the song quite often I just improvise cos I cant be arsed to learn the solo properly but if its a song where the solo is a crucial element then I'll learn it.

diegocala
Look to the 80's rock bands for the solo's

royal_jester
Yeah there are some good 80's bands out there but look hard blink

ragesRemorse
no its not that hard to find good 80's bands

diegocala
Iron Maidian, Ozzy, Judas Priest, Saxon, Accept, Skid Row, Tesla, Dokken

All have killer solos to learn.

drumsgirl13
smells like teen spirit is a good one to learn, or song 2 by blur. check out http://www.guitartabs.com

diegocala
Yes, everything by Nirvana is easy and fun!

Lames.s.
Metallica's "Fade to Black" OR
Metallica's "One"

Both are great.

in flames
pantera - yesterday dont mean sh-- (this song is full of energy)

julibug
Anything by Joe Satriani or Steve Vai.

Bad Boy
If your a beginner, it's pointless learning the like of Vai and Satriani. You gotta do what your capable of first!

When I write solos, I just write them spontainesly. Can't be bothered writing them out!

julibug
I suggested Satriani & Vai, because they are good solos. I don't know if this is for a beginner or not. If for a beginner, than Nirvana or mxpx probably. My husband teaches a lot of his beginner guitar students stuff by them. He likes to play the harder stuff like Satriani & Vai. And, I agree, probably too time consuming to write out solos.

SlayerChick1188
I'm kind of an intermediate beginner...Nothing TOO hard, but I'm not too bad at Nirvana and MXPX solos....

julibug
Cool!

loserib
vanhalen eruption and my giutarist writes his solos out before he playes them

Lames.s.
Mostly anything from Kirk Hammet will give you a headache as well.

loserib
anything by zakk wild is also good

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.