Why is Anamie so good?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Celsius
I realise that this probably belongs in the movies forum but sinse this is the Off topic forum I thought that more ppl would react to it here.

Today i got a liitle something for myself. Twas a box set of DVD's featuring "Ninja Scroll" "Ghost in the Shell" and "Akira". Me being a big fan of Anamie i was pretty damn happy. Then i noticed that to this "donut" (hypothetically (sp) speaking) was a jelly center. It came with a bonus disc featuring a bunch of previews for old and new Anamie features. Also it had some sampler episodes. so far i've watched "Cowboy BeBop" (looks pretty cool).
Anyhoo, Upon seeing the MANY films that there were i realised how small and insignificant my knowlege of Japanimation was. I'm gagging for more and cant wait to buy some new films.
I do know SOME things about Japanimie, dont get me wrong, but would like those of you who have seen any TRUELLY impressive features to please have a say in the matter. I'd love to hear your opinion.

Ps: plaease!! do not talk about childrens shows sutch as "DBZ" "pokemon" "Yu gi oh" or any such poorly drawn cartoon. Im not saying i dont like some of em....its just that im kinda of bored of kids drueling over theese cheap cartoons when there are so many better ones. Open your minds children, think outside the square.

Phew....long post.

ragesRemorse
have you seen the fist of the North star movie? i mean it was a series the series sucked but the movie was a great anime flick one of my favorites i higly recomend it i mean the animation is kind of old but its a good movie kind of like road warrior but they use martial arts, theres a movie called 8 ball man, thats where they got the concept for robocop thats a pretty good flick, lensman, appleseed, MD geist, angel of 8 and the newest anime ive seen is blood the last vampire that has to have i must say the most impressive animation ive seen with a good story i thought it was alot better than vampire hunter D, did you see the sequal to ninja scroll? i wanna know if its any good

Celsius
Yep i've seen "fist of the north star" Quite good.

I've seen a preiview for "Blood: The last vampire" It looks pretty god, I might get it in a couple of weeks.

Another one that looked pretty good is "The vampire hunter D" i saw a preview for it. the animation looks INSANE.

Have you see "Samurai X"?

SEQUAL? To Ninja Scroll????? Never heard of it. But if i see it i'll definately get it?

Did you guys in the US have "Neon Genesis Evangellion" on TV? I know that the animatin isn't the best but its quite good non the less.

ragesRemorse
Yeah vampire hunter D is deffaintly good its amongst the classics of anime, if you havent seen it and like anime then deffaintly pick it up id get it before blood. There is a sequal to vampire hunter D out now though im still yet to find it or the prequal to blood for that matter.

No i havent seen samuri X is it any good i thought it was a series is that rurouni kenshin? my friend has some episodes of evangellion i saw some of them i never tried to sit down and get into it but it seemed to have an interesting basis, did you see ghost in the shell?

Celsius
I havent seen Samurai X but from what I've heard and seen in preview it looks good, good animation and action sequences. Yes it is a series but i dont know if its rurouni kenshin. (I'm only a beginner and dont really know who that is embarrasment. Could you explain please)

Yep I've seen ghost in the shell. Its quite good, kinda matrixy. It was one of the films that the Wachowski bros. were inspired by to make "The Matrix".

Out of the three films that I've gotten so far, I like "Akira" the best.
Isn't there a sequel?

I'm gonna get Vampire hunter D as soon as I get the chance to. I CANT WAIT to see it. My friend says its good.

Have you seen "Wings of Haneamise (sp)"? Its my dads fav anamie. Its about the race to get to outer space. If you havent you should check it out. Quite nice animation and a great storyline to boot.

el_barto
well my perents are divorced so i go to my dads every summer and while i was there my bro told me to watch this movie"AKIRA" when i saw it i was blown away it was the best anime EVER as u can tell by my sig i loved it so much that i watched it over and over again i could not get over the stunning art and the great story line because im just used to like dbz and ruroni kenshin (ruroni kenshin is good to) so that is my summer vacation. BY EL_BARTO

THE END

FallingBlue
for one ITS SPELLED ANIME!!!

and you need to see Hellsing, RahXephon, and Cowboy Bebop, best there is as for TV shows

then for movies, Vamp Hunter D, Vamp Hunter D: Blooslust, Akira, Princess Mononoke, and Spirited Away

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.