John Woo's James Bond

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

scifigunslinger
Wouldn't it be cool if John Woo directed a 007 flick?

Neo_Version 7
Actually, it'd lick balls. John Woo's a good director, mind you, but he tends to overdo the two handed gun slinging and flying crows and crap. Actually, he tried not to do those things on Windtalkers, and it licked balls. Good story, but the score was lousy.

Kes
They're not crows they're doves.
I like John Woo but he riuned M:I 2! Well the 1st sucked too messed
Bond is about gadgets and brains not fights. And Woo likes fights.

Laura4Owen
i think john woo wouldnt make the new bond film any better than the other people who made it.
And kes M:1 and 2 were great

Kes
They were totally different from the tv series. In the 1st they kill the entire cast in the 1st 10m and the 2nd they turn Ethan Hunt or whatever is name is into a marcial arts expert. M:I is about brains!
Plus the scrip sucked: "JUST STAY ALIVE!!!" Wtf?!

KidRock
Bond can kick a little bit of ass as well cool

Kes
Well not like Tom Cruise does in M:I 2!

KidRock
lol when your right your right Kes CHEERS! http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/cheers.gif

Kes
big grin I just really like the tv show and the movies didn't follow that. So I was disapointed.
But this is about JW directing JB...good or bad smile I already said what I think stick out tongue

Neo_Version 7
Can you imagine Bond fighting martial arts against bad guys? And firing at bad-guys with two pistols. With "doves" flying around? In my opinion, he'd just might as well make an Mission Impossible 3. Oh, and for the record, both previous MI movies sucked ass. Ta, chaps. smile

SaTsuJiN
No cuz he screwed up MI2 lol... dont wanna see james bond sliding on his two heels next to a motorcycle :-/

lukeyduckey
Nah James Bond i more brains, well maybe more brawn too.

VenomVA
I hate to disagree but the first Mission Impossible was Ok or good....but M:I 2 Kicked arse!!! Woo made it 50x better than the first big grin

What is Mr. Woo doing now days anyway, I sure would like to see a new movie from him. Happy Dance Happy Dance

Kes
Thats ok. You have your opinion I have mine wink

spydar1982
this would suck major effin ass... I think they should get the guy who made Signs and Sixth Sense.. although it wont be deep he will bring a better story to the bond series.

Tired Hiker
Thank god. When I read this thread title I almost fainted. I'm so glad this is all just make believe.

movie_freak
I don't think JW will make a good Bond film since he ****ed up on MI:2 but he did a good job in Face/Off

yerssot
yeah, he can do a good one or a bad one messed

wicker_man
John Woo is an excellent director (Face/Off is pure brilliance) but when it comes to carrying on a legacy such as the James Bond franchise i think it may prove to be an unsuccesful partnership, a prime example of this is when John Woo took over the reigns for Mission Impossible 2 (MI:2),i really enjoyed the first Mission Impossible film - which i personally felt followed the same concept as a typical 'Bond' movie more 'brains then brawn' however MI:2 completly threw this concept out the window and despite a thinly disguised plot the film lacked the spirit and tradtional qualities of the first film,this could be the case if Woo was to ever do a Bond film.

happy kine
MI 2 was the worst movie i ever saw... complete cheese! i saw windtalkers... great story concept destroyed... i will never watch a film by this john woo guy again. he is has been banned form my tele. face off sucked also... but thats because i don't like travolta or cage... (althouth ever since seeing adaptation i'm slowly becaming a fan of cage)

forumcrew
face off sucked... ur mad and cage is a great actor

Ahnold
Bump!

A John Woo JB flick? Shudder. Sure, he made Face/Off - but Paycheck, anyone?!

yerssot
yes please big grin

Ahnold
Please tell me you're joking. Did you SEE Paycheck?!

yerssot
no, but I want one

Ahnold
stick out tongue

yerssot
I believe Evy saw it, so she might comment on it

Evy_O
feck yerss, how do you remember THAT? blink

I saw it, twas good, a common american adventure film messed

Ahnold
I thought it was pretty bad ...

yerssot
isn't Collin in it? that means you saw it stick out tongue

Ahnold
Farrel?

Evy_O
no it wasn't huh

I saw the one with Affleck confused

Ahnold
Colin Farrel isn't in Paycheck, no ...

yerssot
then who is? blink

Ahnold
Ben Affleck!

Ahnold
But let us return to the matter at hand ...

yerssot
Really? then I'm thinking of another movie clearly blink

well, you had that shot in DaD at the iceparty where they do a quick sweap of the enviroment that reminds me of him

lordofwar
John Woo was considered to direct Goldeneye, but declined. I guess that is why he took some ideas from the script for MI2 such as the Bond and Xenia car chase, rogue agent and final fight in the end. I hope to see a John Woo's Bond film in the future.

yerssot
isn't he also the one that uses pigeons on crucial moments?

lordofwar
He uses doves as a symbol for peace in his films. They are often pictured flying away as the shooting begins.

yerssot
ah, gotcha smile yeah, M:I 2 pops into mind and Face/Off

Mr Parker
Originally posted by scifigunslinger
Wouldn't it be cool if John Woo directed a 007 flick?

oh yeah,that would be awesome.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.