Episode-II Select 46

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ratcat
Here's the piccy.

<A HREF="http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/select/2001/05/select20010524.html" TARGET=_blank> http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/select/2001/05/img/select_46.jpg </A>

Seems like a right little group of padawans to me...

Dim
Hehehe..Everyone say AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW...

Why no little aliens??

ratcat
Good point, we gonna see any baby aliens jedi. Seems rather unfair if we don't...

Dim
Yeah...that's going to bug me.

ratcat
Awww, you want a lil alien baby.... big grin

Darth Pants
How are you not crying after seeing that picture? To me, the Jedi are the coolest beings ever, only to be brought to the screen by distinguished actors and very capable stunt men. If we see this group of kiddy-winkies in Episode 2, waving at the camera and whining like all young children do, I'll break my own neck.
The only consolation is that they don't appear to have lightsabres. I shudder to think:
"Take that, nasty robot. Pow! Yippee! Wizard!"

Dim
OH come one...THEY'RE CUTE!!!

Alien ones would be even cuter big grin

ratcat
Women and their maternal instincts huh???

Pants, it's not like this is unexpected. We already know from QGJ that Jedi start their training very young.

I actually expect to see these kinds in a very regimented setting, kinda like a Jedi version of Manticore from Dark Angel.

Darth Pants
Don't get me wrong, I've no problem with young Jedi, they'd just better behave for the camera, that's all.
Otherwise...oh all right, they are cute.
I was going to say that maybe the alien make up comes later, but seeing as they all have hair braids, it's unlikely they'll be covering their heads with prosthetics or make up. Maybe the alien ones were being prepared when the photo was taken...

ratcat
They have to have kiddie jedi aliens, otherwise what will Worrick Davis do? laughing out loud

queeq
What would lightsabre practise look like with these kids?

Darth Pants
Well, I've heard GL's not been as sensitive towards the... ahem... little people in Ep2. R2D2 was too CG for Kenny Baker's liking.
I'm certain they'll have Jedi alien kids, but they'll probably be mostly CG too.

They do have sabres, BTW. There's a picture with a few of them swinging them around.

ratcat
Yeah, little diddy ones.

Darth Pants
Really hope we don't see them fighting, though. If they were just training, it would be better. Having said that, if even the council are getting involved in the battle at the end of Ep2, maybe the padawan kids will be too... eek!

queeq
I hope the Sith will bomb them, that'll make us hate them a bit more.

Darth Pants
NICE!! I can't really see GL showing that, though.

ratcat
Yeah, there'll be arms and legs and diapers all over the place!!!!

razman
From whats know, they won't have much airtime. It'll probably be one of those 5 second things.

ratcat
That should please a few people.

queeq
I hope GL is not going to rush us through this one the way he did in Ep1.

Ushgarak
It will certainly be less rushed than TPM. Those kids will just be used as part of an establishing shot in the Temple.

Jameous Woodshire
Here is more from TF.N about those kiddies.

Jedi Kiddies

Non-Spoiler so go ahead and check it out.

queeq
What makes you think it's less rushed, Ush? I mean, there's more location this time: Coruscant, Tatooine, Naboo, Geonosis, Kamino.
In TPM there was only Tatooine, Naboo and Coruscant. What makes you think GL can slow down then pace now?

ratcat
I agree with queeq. We already know that the rough cut was 3 hours and they want to take 40 mins of that. I know this is standard movie making practice but it seems that every bit cut is gonna have some effect on movie pace.

Gundark
I think a brief scene just showing that they do start their training young is not a bad thing at all. Perfectly acceptable.

mah
don't be so negative. smile small kiddie-padawans is cool enough. At least I think it is.

ratcat
Oh, sure it will be cool, but as long as it doesn't end up looking like an episode of Playhouse Disney.... smile

Dim
I'm with Gundark on this one..I think a short little bit with the jedi training would be nice..plus I think it would do alot for kids watching the movie. When kids see other kids it helps them to identify with the film more.

queeq
Cutting things do not necessary negatively influence the pace of a movie. Most of the times it improves it.
And I would like to see some more of what Jedi do. So far we only saw the top brass and two of our heroes. So I'm in for a bit more indepth look at the 'guardians of peace and justice'.

Darth Pants
They don't even have to have their own scene, if we are to believe the rumours and more of the temple is shown, it would be reasonable to show many Jedi going about their daily business, some of whom could be the younger ones.
As for cutting films down, it can spoil them a bit. Why would it be a problem to give us a 3 hour Star Wars film anyway? I wouldn't be bored...

ratcat
Yeah, I'd much rather see a directors cut rather than a studio one.

queeq
All the SW movies we will see ARE director's cuts. You don't think Lucas will allow anyone to mess with his movies.

And 3 hours of SW could be boring, trust me. Even good stories can be destroyed by long windedness. Length does NOT necessarily make better, you know.

Darth Pants
Oh I agree, but similarly, shortening can worsen a film. You think Ep1 could be better, perhaps it would be if some of the scenes weren't removed. Whilst they probably were cut out bcause they were the worst of the lot, It may have seemed less rushed if they'd stayed in.
As for the 3 hours of SW being boring, I disagree. I watched the TPM Tatooine and Coruscant scenes with wide eyed fascination whilst my friends were snoring. Some people think only SW action is good, but every moment is golden to me.

Dim
ABSOLUTELY! smile

ratcat
Sorry, let me clarify what I mean by Directors cut. As you well know, Lucas is still under certain obligations to the distributes (TCF) and he currently has a 3 hour movie which is being shaved down to 2hours 20 or so because the distributers know that one of their main target audiences (Kids) will not sit through a 3 hour movie.

How many 8-15 year olds would sit through Pearl Harbour???

I remember seeing the OT back to back in an 8 hour showing in 1983 and even though I knew two thirds of the show it wasn't boring.

What I'd like to see, in a DVD release is the Anchorhead scenes added back in, the Sand storm scene from ROTJ added in, etc, etc.

Yes, it might be boring for some, but I'd like the option.

queeq
OK, in that case I agree with you. That's what DVD is for.

Don't get me wrong, I love lengthy films. But the longer a film, the stronger the story should. Long favourites of mine include Lawrence of Arabia (222 minutes!), Bridge on the River Kwai, Gone with the Wind, Giant, Deer Hunter, even Heaven's Gate.

But sometimes I wonder if 3 hours of SW per episodes will do well... but let the DVD have everything please. wink

ratcat
Whenever that will be.... sad

queeq
TPM (hopefully)by the end of this year.

The rest: 2006.

ratcat
I sawe a DVD mag in the Newsagent today that stated October, I've also heard that bandied around some other places as well.

Personally, I want the super-duper, all-six-in-a-box-set with ALL the trimmings.

Bragg2012

ratcat
Nah, the OT has never been on DVD. FJS are definately not selling a PC with some SW DVD bundle else I'd have heard about it through work.

Our marketing division would have put something through on the internal mail and website of this was the case.

It may be some games, but the are definately no OT DVDs available yet.

Darth Pants
They probably meant laserdiscs or something, which can be played in some DVD players.

ratcat
But not the kind that come in a PC. Well, not an FJS PC anyway. And 5inch laserdisks aren't that common now.

I very much doubt that the bundle referred to includes any Star Wars movies.

queeq
Laserdics are available (or were) but they are big. They don't fit in DVD players, don't know if the OT is available on video disc though.

Anyway, it's the DVD you want anyway, and that's not available until 2006.

Dim
And why not until 2006?

queeq
Pardon?

Jameous Woodshire
It's because GL and RM have stated that George will wait to releace all 6 films at once and he wants that time to put the special extras and goodies he wants to have in the DVD.

I dont really understand especialy because of how many VHS versions that have come out. Two versions in the 80's then the blue and black boxes, now two releaces of SE.

I say GL should releace stripped down versions of the first 4 films and then the other 2 when they come out. If he did that once a year then people would still be gassed for the Box set DVDs.

Also according to a rumor TPM will come out on DVD this Christmas. If this is true then my theory may also be. If not then we will all have to wait. (unless you can order bootlegs from China) wink

Dim
Yeah..I think they had said that a long time ago but due to pressure from the fans GL decided that maybe it was time to put out a DVD...I think TPM will be out sooner than that.

queeq
TPM is said to be released by Christmas with three versions on it: the theatrical version (finished), the plain edited version without effects (just blue screens and stuff), and the animatics version. COOL!!!

And in October or so the Indiana Jones trilogy is supposed to be released on DVD with lots of goodies.

Dim
That sounds more like it.. it'll be nice to have some little extra goodies on the DVD too. big grin

ratcat
I saw several magazines in the news agents with DVD dates in October for TPM.

queeq
'Raiders' will have some deleted scenes, like the original fight sequences in the market place. You know, the long extensive fights which got dumped because Ford was sick and felt shooting the big Arab was a better idea.... the highlight of the movie.

Also, there was a short scene where Indy and Marion leave the Well of the Souls and there's a German out there who thinks they are ghosts.

And more...

Dim
Those sound interesting...I wonder what other goodies they're thinking about putting in.

ratcat
If any, it's strange; sometimes you get lots of goodies, sometimes you get none.

Not sure Indy will have me rushing out to by a DVD just yet.

queeq
Will TPM?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.