official Oldschool thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CaptainInsano
sry If anyone has already posted a thread like this I'm new. anyway I like the new X-men, Uncanny X-men, and even Xtreme X-men but I really miss the Oldschool X-men. Everyone just looked so much better back in the day with their own unique costums unlike now where they have uniforms or like in X-men evo when their costums just suck. Plus their were so many more great characters for instance canonball, cable, bishop the list goes on and on. Anyway I'm sure I'm not alone so here is the official oldschool thread for all you oldschool fans.

Blopster
Cannonball has recently rejoined the X-Men, under the X-Treme X-Men team.
Cable is leading a group called 'the Underground', which is attempting to sabotage the new Weapon X program.
Bishop has never left the main X-titles, he's currently in X-Treme X-Men and makes frequent visits to the other titles.

Personally, I'm very happy with the current status of the comics. Is it as good as the "old-school" days? It depends on when you are talking about. As good as the early-mid '90s, no, I'd say it isn't. But its better than the late 80s.

DemonicGambit
I loved the old school X-Men, I grew up to them. I also like the new guys too though

ragesRemorse
the new x-men are nothing like the old x-men the sories are very different as well as the new traits on the characters

CaptainInsano
Yea but they introduced a new character into new X-men called fantomex and he is really cool

MaverickIce
Yeah but I'll doubt some of the new ppl will last...Back in the day there was characters created and they stayed for a while: Psylocke, Gambit, Cannonball, you all actually remember these guys. Nowadays you get a new character most of the time and you forget about them in a month or two (Carter? Redneck?)

CaptainInsano
yea thats true, I just wish they would bring those great characters(gambit cannonball) back since those are the ones people want. Don't get me wrong the most famous probably wolverine, cyclops and storm are really good but they can get old. At least Storm

Kes
Hey Storm is awsome! miffed

ragesRemorse
LOL i knew youd say that lol the new characters are just cliches of the originals and without deep and good writing the comics are nothing more than drawings, thats why i dont read marvel anymore there writers are bland well maybe its just from the standards marvel is trying to set, and i beleive if they keep it up there comics will be back at near bankruptcy again so theyll just ahve t keep pumping out movies, darjhorse has the best writers now

CaptainInsano
dude not all of them are that bad, Mark Millar is ok but Bendis is a great writer but he does ultimate spider-man

CaptainInsano
One person In particular I wish would come back is Havok he had such great poteltial and the x-men evo episode with his was comlete shitt

ragesRemorse
x-men evolution is complete shit period, there all god damn kids, i havent read to amny marvel comics lately but the ones i have are just so watered down than before, but maybe i was just so used to the old type story lines i diddnt even try and accept it , but i dont read spider man anymore at all that whole comic got way out of control, the scarlet spider thing started out ok but just went over the top and then spidergirl

CaptainInsano
yea I guess but you should check out ultimate spider-man because Its like the main bad guys done over again in a really good way. Like Doc Ock is a lot cooler, same with Venom and Green Goblin it has its flaws but ultimately its pretty good and I agree with you on X-men evo, I mean I'm trying to warm up too it but its just got horrible action and not enough characters. And the characters they have are really watered down. Its basically rated G X-men

Blopster
I know I've said it before, ragesRemorse, but I gotta say it again: I disagree that the X-comics are bland right now. In New X-Men, the recent 'Murder at the Mansion' story was pretty good, and the currently running 'Assault on Weapon Plus' is fantastic! X-Treme X-Men got a massive jolt with 'God Loves, Man Kills, Part II' story, which lives up to the great original. And Uncanny X-Men is (in my opinion) the best right now, with the 'Sacred Vows' story recently finished (Havok & Polaris' wedding that...doesn't turn out as expected) and the upcoming 'The Draco' story sounds very promising.

CaptainInsano
sounds cool blopster. One thing I truley miss that the new stuff is lacking is the oldschool costumes. I hate how everyone looks the same! That was one of the best things about x-men is that there costumes looked so good and they sorta showcased what their powers or there personal life was. For example nightcrawler's costum is suppost to look like a devil, why? cuz he is a devil.

CaptainInsano
all you cannonball fans should check out X-treme X-men God Loves, Man kills part 5, he fights deathstryke in it and it is actually really cool

Agentruphus
Does anyone no if the old x-men r on anymore and were and when

DemonicGambit
No, the original x-men aren't on anymore sad They were for a while, but they took them off air again.

Oh and one reason I think that comics are so watered down now is because of censorship. I mean the CC allowed a bit more before then now. Ever since they started ratings on comics I felt like I had been violated sad

ragesRemorse
thats why i read darkhorse they dont care as long as they get there story across

CaptainInsano
Yea but darkhorse doesn't have a whole lot of comics besides daredevil and punisher, thats too bad and as for comics being watered down I didn't mean the comics neccessarily I mean some are but the thing that it watered down is shows like x-men evolution and justice leauge(new one) the action is just so slow paced and just so stupid!

tonjappr
yeah...why do all these new characters each have like 57 different powers? and everyone has psychic powers in addition to their exhisting powers...they ran out of powers to give them...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.