Favorite old school cartoons.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
I remember most of the cartoons I watched when I was a kid. my favorites were speed racer, underdog and woody woodpecker. your faves from when you were a kid?

GABRIEL05
The power of the five lions...

VOLTRON!!! And ghostbusters (old school) and TMNT

Rogue Jedi
thundercats....ho!!!!

GABRIEL05
he he
I still love Tom and Jerry, Loony Toons too. But T&J are timeless.

Rogue Jedi
popeye..i love popeye....remember shazam? how about aquaman?

ragesRemorse
the real ghostbusters, thundercats and exosquad

happy kine
i used to watch robo tech and transformers... i do remember voltron... and i did watch the real ghostbusters... lets not forget grape ape. its a goril-lil-lil-lili-lil-lil-la!

Capt_Fantastic
G.I Joe, He-Man, Transformers....later on there was X-Men and the greatest cartoon ever!...Batman: The Animated Series!....first five seasons or so at least.

Nowdays I watch ...well, X-Men: Evolution and Batman the animated series, Reign the conqeror and Samurai Jack

Kes
When I was a kid...
"Thunder...Thunder...Thunder...Thundercats OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" big grin
"Sward of Omens give me sight beyond sight!" (i think thats correct stick out tongue )

Also Defenders of the Earth wink

Killer
mine wasn't to long ago I guess.. not really when I was a kid.. but i liked em..

Ren and Stimpy

diegocala
Spiderman!

LilySatine
Charlie Brown big grin

DeNiro
rocko's modern life

ChinaNiki
that one that had the wonder twins and their little monkey
also the hanna barberra cartoons
Shirt Tales, Smurfs, Pirates of the Dark Water

snlovergirl
i used to watch rescue rangers, captain planet, and x-men

Dagons Blade
Right here,yo! I was 5 in 1968 and watched the
Superman-Batman adventures that had the occasional
shorts with Aquaman, The Flash, and sometimes the Atom!

Dick Van Dyke did the voice of the Joker in the Batman shorts, and thanks to the recent acquisition of Boomerang, I can see and hear it all over again!Some of my other faves are Kimba The White Lion, Speed Racer, Marine Boy, Tom of T.H.U.M.B. (Don Adams aka Maxwell Smart did the voice of Tom) The New 3 Stooges and The 3 Robotic Stooges from the 70's.

As for Popeye, the Max Fleischer ones are the best because Popeye does his best mumbling in them, and he still gets me laughing my ass off when he starts rolling on floor laughing

And let's not forget The Superfriends and all their incantations.

I have alot of other faves but I'll mention them later. OK, someone else's turn smile

Captain REX
Ahh! Old cartoons!

Most of the cartoons listed I remember watching. Who remembers the Gummi Bears?

royal_jester
YOGI BEAR...laughing out loud

badkittykitty
battle of the planets,robo tech and top cat.

@ngel
bug bunny

Famm
Does anyone remember a cartoon named Bravestar I really need your help.

-Funky Punk-
Originally posted by happy kine
i used to watch robo tech and transformers... i do remember voltron... and i did watch the real ghostbusters... lets not forget grape ape. its a goril-lil-lil-lili-lil-lil-la!

my dad loves grape ape......i think its pretty funny tooo....

any one ever watch hong kong phoey? that is a funny show!

Alpha Centauri
Transformers or Mask.

-AC

Uneeklyconfused
does anyone remember Guyver??

How about Botsmaster??

"I'm Ziv Zulander, ZZ for short
You know I fight the corp, I'm the Bots Master, Listen up y'all your the BOYZZ Brigade..and when its Lazer time put on your 3D shades!"

messedmessedmessedsmile confused no???

miffed:

rubber dickie
there's a sh!tload of cartoon that is used to watch. every saturday morning just plopping in front of the telly pigging out on sodas and candies.

these are my favorites...

transformers, voltron, voltes v, thundercats, woddy woodpecker, saber rider and the star sheriffs, defenders of the earth, ghostbusters, astroboy, TMNT and one about king arthur... i can't remember the title.

Alpha Centauri
Guyver isn't an old school cartoon!

Thundercats ruled.

-AC

Uneeklyconfused
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Guyver isn't an old school cartoon!

Thundercats ruled.

-AC

yes it is

magic_hate_ball
heres a few old school cartoons i liked....lets see how many you might remember....Devlin, Wheelie and the Chopper Bunch, Spiral Zone and Project GEEKER

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Uneeklyconfused
yes it is

No it's not.

It's old but it's not neccessarily in the genre of "Cartoon."

It's not Bugs Bunny.

-AC

silver_tears
Woody Woodpecker, Tom and Jerry, Mickey Mouse, Goofy, Hey Arnold, tons more embarrasment

jason maddox
i used to watch gi joe,masters of the universe,thundercats,jetsons, voltron,x-men and spider-man

silver_tears
Omg and I used to love spiderman and batman, the old old batmans though, but not the newest and not the oldest spiderman embarrasment

Alpha Centauri
I don't remember a Batman cartoon, old anyway. I remember the series with Adam West. Funny stuff.

-AC

jason maddox
i loved the batman animated series,them cartoons were the next best thing to comic book movies

Captain REX
Gee, I don't remember that many ancient cartoons from my childhood. cry

charmedFairy
I mainly watched power rangers stick out tongue but as for cartoons i liked tom&jerry, the smurfs, captain planet, bugsbunny, and there was this cartoon i cant remmeber the name of it was something with fruits like straweberries and kiwis and theyd talk...and..live..in a forest confused i should stop here. confused

Capt_Fantastic
I don't remember a Batman cartoon, old anyway. I remember the series with Adam West. Funny stuff.

-AC

You don't remember Batman: The Animated Series? The one with Mark Hamill as the Joker? It's one of the best ever writtren or animated! Batman: Mask of the Phantasm? A high point in cartoon animation.

Kaistar
Eek! The Cat and Sharky the Shark Dog were some of my favorite cartoon characters growing up in the early 90s

Imperial_Samura
I was into Transformers, Voltron, Astroboy (so much better then the new one), although I also loved Pizza Cats, Count Dukula and Victor and Hugo. And who can forget Danger Mouse?

wuTa
superfreinds
Batman:TAS
spider-man
x-men
inspector gadget
smurfs
looney tunes
scooby-doo
flintstones
simpsons

Uneeklyconfused
Any one remember Monster Rancher? confused

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
You don't remember Batman: The Animated Series? The one with Mark Hamill as the Joker? It's one of the best ever writtren or animated! Batman: Mask of the Phantasm? A high point in cartoon animation.

Ohhhhh yeah. What the? When did "old school" become mid-late 90s?

I remember Monster Rancher. With the karate rabbit.

-AC

Uneeklyconfused
no...karate rabbit What the f**k?

Moochi and Genki , suezo(??)..Golum, Tiger of the wind, Mu and Holly

( thoes i can remember )

how about the old Sonic ?

Capt_Fantastic
Ohhhhh yeah. What the? When did "old school" become mid-late 90s?

I remember Monster Rancher. With the karate rabbit.

-AC

1992, thats what? 13 14 years ago? How old are you? 19, 20 years old? You were like five years old. Who exactly made you the expert on all things? It's your rules or everyone is stupid?

Fionnuala
x-men TAS droolio ...also Clangers, Bagpuss, Button Moon, Count Duckular and Danger Mouse..classics all of them.. cool

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Fionnuala
Count Duckular and Danger Mouse..classics all of them.. cool

I had forgotten about those two. I watched them all the time! I loved those.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
1992, thats what? 13 14 years ago? How old are you? 19, 20 years old? You were like five years old. Who exactly made you the expert on all things? It's your rules or everyone is stupid?

Mask of the Phantasm did not come out when I was five to six years old. If that's the Batman you're referring to, unless it came out considerable years later in England. I was at least 8 or 10 when I got into all that.

I made me an expert on it, do you have some kind of problem with that? People are saying old school and saying shit like Monster Rancher. I was in secondary school when that came out. Same with the X-Men animated series, that series is still showing.

I thought the definition of "old school" was stuff from childhood, not teens. Although if you're considerabley older, then teens to YOU is old school. Someone quite evidently dropped faecal matter on your raisin bran. Took my comment way too seriously.

-AC

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Uneeklyconfused
no...karate rabbit What the f**k?

Moochi and Genki , suezo(??)..Golum, Tiger of the wind, Mu and Holly

( thoes i can remember )

how about the old Sonic ?

Yeah, the giant eyeball thing, right?

-AC

Lana
I used to watch all the time the original X-Men animated series (came out when I was 7, I believe....or at least that's when I remember watching it a lo), Batman, Spider-Man, Inspector Gadget, Hey Arnold, Doug, Ahh! Real Monsters, Ren and Stimpy....loved those shows.

Oh, and Digimon. I was in middle school when it came out in the US but I loved it then and still do. The original two seasons were awesome big grin

Fionnuala
Originally posted by Lana
I used to watch all the time the original X-Men animated series (came out when I was 7, I believe....or at least that's when I remember watching it a lo), Batman, Spider-Man, Inspector Gadget, Hey Arnold, Doug, Ahh! Real Monsters, Ren and Stimpy....loved those shows.

Oh, and Digimon. I was in middle school when it came out in the US but I loved it then and still do. The original two seasons were awesome big grin

they were all great..except Ren and Stimpy used to make me feel sick for some reason..did anybody watch Biker Mice from Mars oh yeah and Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles..??

Lana
TMNT!!! I LOVED that eek! New version of it sucks though.....

Never heard of Biker Mice from Mars though.

Fionnuala
Originally posted by Lana
TMNT!!! I LOVED that eek! New version of it sucks though.....

Never heard of Biker Mice from Mars though.

wasn't it the best??!! i loved it..

they were mice from mars who rode bikes.....obviously blink

i can't remember much more than that except there was three of them and they fought a big fat alien guy..

Alpha Centauri
I remember Biker Mice.

Vinnie, Throttle and Modo. Then they had some chick who helped mod their bikes, called Charlie.

-AC

Lana
I love old cartoons like that.

Damnit, why do so many cartoons today suck?

Fionnuala
I remember Biker Mice.

Vinnie, Throttle and Modo. Then they had some chick who helped mod their bikes, called Charlie.

-AC

oh yeah..how is your memory that good?...and did they have weird antane things as well as ears? and there was a white one and a brown one..

Capt_Fantastic
Mask of the Phantasm did not come out when I was five to six years old. If that's the Batman you're referring to, unless it came out considerable years later in England. I was at least 8 or 10 when I got into all that.

I made me an expert on it, do you have some kind of problem with that? People are saying old school and saying shit like Monster Rancher. I was in secondary school when that came out. Same with the X-Men animated series, that series is still showing.

I thought the definition of "old school" was stuff from childhood, not teens. Although if you're considerabley older, then teens to YOU is old school. Someone quite evidently dropped faecal matter on your raisin bran. Took my comment way too seriously.

-AC

Mask of the Phantasm came out towards the end of the run of the original series. Actually, it came out on christmas day. I went to go and see it. The series bagan in 1992. I remember watching the first episode. I was 13. I'm 25 now, that's old school to me. I don't eat rasin bran. Rasins are nasty. AC, I'm sure you'll attribute my lack of bran to why I'm so backed up.

Alpha Centauri
There you go then, subjective old school. To me it's not.

Fi: I have incredible memory. I remember the most distant things in greatest detail. It's insane.

http://www.afunk.com/other/bikermice/pictures/006.jpg

-AC

Fionnuala
There you go then, subjective old school. To me it's not.

Fi: I have incredible memory. I remember the most distant things in greatest detail. It's insane.

http://www.afunk.com/other/bikermice/pictures/006.jpg

-AC

wow i wish i could do that..would make biology a-levels so much easier..roll eyes (sarcastic)

i remember them now..i used to get up extra early to watch them on GMTV or whatever it was...

Alpha Centauri
It's a gift and a curse really.

I've got things I'd rather not remember. It does help though.

Saturday morning cartoons suck now. I blame Pokemon. Ever since it came out people have been trying to copy it.

-AC

Lana
Pokemon sucks, indeed.

I still love Digimon, though....but nothing after the third season of it. The first two were awesome, though stick out tongue

Fionnuala
exactly..i swear they're all exactly the same just with weirder names..except there Fairly Odd Parents which i like...and there is a channel on sky which has all the old ones like Mr Benn and stuff..yes i do still watch cartoons bag

Alpha Centauri
I defy anyone to watch Looney Tunes and not laugh.

My Dad still cracks up at that shit. It's undeniably funny, great stuff. Daffy Duck, Bugs Bunny etc.

-AC

Lana
Fairly Oddparents is awesome. As is Invader Zim. Too bad Invader Zim's not on anymore.....I love that cartoon.

Alpha Centauri
Aqua Teen Hunger Force?

Not old school, but awesome.

-AC

Lana
Oh yeah. Love Aqua Teen.

And Family Guy. I bought my mom the first 2 seasons on DVD for Christmas....and new episode tonight!!!! eek!

Alpha Centauri
I've already seen a new episode. I posted it in the TV Talk Forum.

North by North Quohog it's called. Man it's so f*cking funny.

-AC

Lana
Ooooh, I must see big grin

Discos
tom and jerry, dexters laboratory

bassically cartoon network, i looooved being off school and just watching cartoons all day

Fionnuala
i love Family Guy..it's an absolute classice...i like Daria as well ..it's hilarious..

cindy8219
Oh..man...I loved Bugs Bunny, Thundercats, Carebears, Casper, Rocky and bulwinkel, Yogi, Gargoyles, Captain Planet, Tom and Jerry, Tiny toons, Smurfs, Anamaniacs and many more.

ESP07
ren and stimpy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.