Anakin/Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sparky12
although i may be in for some novels with this one, i'd like to hear some of your theories as to the more direct causes for anakin's transition to the dark side. please leave out some of the more obvious aspects.

Ushgarak
ESB and ROTJ insicate that Anakin fell because he was trying to hunt down Palpatine. Things didn't go as planned...

Darth Pants
Maybe not so much the death of his mother, but an anger directed towards the Jedi for their part in making him unable to save her. Maybe he'll disobey the council to return to Tatooine, and will be scolded for it upon his return. He won't be in the mood for that.

Dim
Maybe his feelings a being "different" make him lash out.
Maybe the lack of adknowledgement that his IS different than the rest of the Jedi makes him angry.
Perhaps he sees the hypocrasy of the Jedi organization and the injustice and indifference makes him go vigilante.

jedi212guy
I don't think it will be Padme's death. After all, if he turned after her death, it can be assumed that he would have seen his twins.

I think Palpatine will offer him unlimited power and his greed will overcome him. Or he could kill Count Dooku like Luke almost did to him. But that would feel like dei-sha-vu, wouldn't you say?

Ushgarak
Very much so... though if the turning scene is VERY close to the final ROTJ confrontation, that would be somewhat pleasing, wouldn't it?

I still think he tries to stop the Emperor, but something goes horribly wrong. His haste was his undoing.

jedi212guy
I just want to see Palpy fry Anakin with some lightning. That's all I'm asking for!!! smokin'

Ushgarak
SO many people want to see the Lightning... well, maybe...

jedi212guy
I want to see Palpatine kill Mace Windu, but I feel that Vader will get the honors.

Ushgarak
Or Anakin, if Windu turns... the myriad possibilities are endless...

jedi212guy
insightful you are, Ushgarak rolling on floor laughing

JediOasis
Ultimately I figured that the death of Padme would be what makes him turn. And that somehow Palpatine will convince him that is was the fault of the Jedi for her death.

darth fester
maybe he heard that jar jar wasnt going to get killed off in episode 2 that he got real mad and turned to the darkside
and kills him in episode 3

evil face evil face evil face evil face

Dim
Mace turning?...Oh God no!

DarhJin
Some are saying that a Jedi other than Anakin turns on the Jedi and leads them to their demise. Mace Windu would make the perfect pawn in that game.

As for Anakins turn, it will be his hatred of the Jedi that brings it on. The death of his mother, at the hands of the Tuskens, will start it. He already in some ways hates the Jedi for taking him from his mother and then not training him. Then when he takes his revenge on the Sandpeople and kills 'em out of hatred, anger and agression it starts his turn. Then being forbidden to marry Padme, but he does anyway just adds to his hatred. I am sure Palpy has his little Sith hands behind him pushing a bit along the way.

Just my $.02 on the subject. smokin' eek!

jedi212guy
That pretty much sums it all up. smile

Ushgarak
Does that Tusken theory still have credence? I thought it had been blown out.

Dim
I don't remember it being shot down..

Ushgarak
Do you remember it ever being very credible in the first place? It was out before my time here, of course.

JediOasis
I hope that its true. The way the scene was described sounded very interesting. Anakin meditating then awaking seeing a family of Tuskens and igniting his lightsabre then the camera fades outta view and when they come back Anakin puts away his sabre and we see the Tuskens dead. Man, I can't wait to see this eek!

Ushgarak
Hmmmm... hmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Darth Pants
I do think that GL needs to show somw seriously bad deeds done by Anakin, but would he seriously show (or heavily imply) the slaughter of Tusken mothers and children?

queeq
As far as we know, we will not actually see the slaughter itself. 'Just' the results. Or just Annie walking up there with an ignited light sabre.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.