Episodes 7, 8, & 9.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Celsius
For a long time now I,ve been hearing rumors that after GL teams up with Steven Spielburg to do the nwe Indiana Jones movie, he plans to make Ep. 7, 8, and 9.
Have any of you heard of this?
And if so, what do you think they will be about?

ElmStreetFan01
I have and I also heard that after 7,8 and 9 him and the directors Of Freddy Vs. Jason will make Freddy Vs. Jason 2.

GABRIEL05
Now that sounds pretty farfetched. Also I'd heard a long time ago that he wasn't going to do 7 8 9. Besides what would they be about? Lukes kid?...

Dexx
i've heard something about it a long time ago.....but if spilberg's involved..i'm beter off without them.

GABRIEL05
*winces* ouch. Then again the ET remake sucked even worse than the original. If such a thing is possible

Dexx
every spilberg creation sucks

Rogue Jedi
WHAT?!?!?!?!?! spielberg rocks!!!!!!

Celsius
Steven Spielburg wasnt supposed to be involved! what i meant is that after GL and SS finish the new Indiana Jones they GL is gonna make 7 8 9. But that seems unlikely. i think he should quit while he is ahead.

Celsius
Spielburg is goog.

What about "Saving private ryan" and "Band of brothers"

Captain REX
Yeah, not every Spielburg sucks. ET is okay, and the two Celsius mentioned are good. And what about Minority Report?

GABRIEL05
I liked Minority Report! Now Lucas on the other hand he should fork it over while he's still behind let alone ahead, and while we all still have a shred of love him for giving us episodes IV-VI

Dexx
iguess saving private ryan and band of brothers are the ONLY two acceptable. Tom hanks pulled his level up a little.. E.T. is terrible, A.I. the same...minority report was the bigggest disappointment i've seen. That one could have been a good movie if not for those pointless comedy acts and inexplicable happenings...thumb down

Ushgarak
No evidence for this at all.

Dexx
not for ep 7,8 and 9. But for me not linking minority repor..i can give you 2 pages of details stick out tongue

Captain REX
So? stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
i didnt care for minority report at all.

Dexx
't was a junk

Celsius
A.I. Was a GREAT movie. It had an awesome storyline, . I just think ppl are starting to direguard films that dont have enough Blood'n'Guts. I'm not saying anyone is shallow.

IDeas for new episodes? God!! There are so many post Ep 6 books! pick a few key books and there ya go. Mark hammil is about the right age to play older Luke anyway.....Right?

LanceWindu
Yeah, I wish there was a NJO storyline in later movies.

Then everyone can play there own characters, just older.

Or even how about new Star Wars that's animated.

And full length too!

But not officially Episodes 7, 8, or 9.

Captain REX
Yeah, I suppose it would work. Not that GL is going to do it...

Celsius
How about a high budget TV series eek!

Dexx
I doubt it's happening

this isn't the reason at all. I happen to dislike any movie with pointless blood and guts. But a.i. was JUST a bad movie...

Captain REX
I mostly like films for creative inventions they use. Examples: the Lightsaber, the Matrix, Sick Sticks, etc.

Dexx
spilberg didn't think of the sick sticks (most likely)....either way...you cna't rate a movie only by the items in it. because minority report had plenty. I liked the guns, the cars, the cgis...but it was a bad movie. Simple

Captain REX
Not simple enough for my fragile mind...

Ushgarak
Look, it wouldn't work. Episodes 7 8 and 9 cannot just be 'the further adventures of the people in the Original Trilogy'. Those might make interesting stories but NOT sequels to the existing films. None of the books have anything approaching what would conceptually work as a sequel.

Dexx
yes, very true. but gl could always swap all of the NJO plot with his lil finger and do other scripts as he sees fit if he so wishes. But he won't...and it's probably for the better.

Celsius
Yeah..... I gues that Episodes 7 8 & 9 are probably not gonna happen, BUT!!! And this is a big BUT. What if he were to do a TV series about the expanded Universe? I know that there are already TV series, but I am talking a bout "ABY" episodes. Like "The new Jedi Order" or something like that.

Dexx
it would be a disappointment...probably

Rogue Jedi
star wars on primetime? i dont think so.....

Captain REX
laughing out loud

If they were to make 7,8,9, I think they should do something focussing on Ben Skywalker, not the NJO.

Celsius
OHHHH come now people!!!!! have some faith! Its ok to dream. *sits down and dreams*

darkshadow
lucas is going to stop at episode 3 and leave it at that because episode 7,8,9 are on different path and they weren't made to be movies and if he did i would watch them but it would confuse alot of people. but as for books thats fine.

Celsius
Bah!!!!!!!! Humbug!!

Kaliaila
Actually the whole rumor of long ago about GL doing a 3rd Trilogy. Came from a magazine interview sometime after ep 6 came out. What he said was that he would love to be able to sometime down the road bring the actual aged original cast back for another 3 movies. More recently he's stated he still wishes he could do that, but he does not want to spend another 10 years of his life writing another trilogy. He instead wishes to spend his remaining years with his family.

mephistodesigns
good call Kaliaila!

as for Speilburg-i agree with Dexx. The only reason I liked AI and Minority Report was because I liked what was there from the BOOKS. Speilburgs influence was obvious and trite, as usual. Lame sight gags and overly emotional scenes. He needs to just let people react without TELLING them how to react. When you watch a Speilburg movie, you're watching it the way HE wants you to, there's no room for interpretation. He spoon feeds you information so that you see it his way. Like with the Indy movies, you can totally tell who was running what scene and who influenced what. those were good because Lucas wrote them. Just like most of the Speilburg movies I like he had very little to do with the actual conception process. His movies I like usually come from books or other screenwriters. he's a total media whore. Notice he's the only one of that group of friends that wins Oscar's? (i speak of the friendship between Lucas, Speilburg, Scorcese, and Copolla). Its cuz he plays the game and knows who's @$$ to kiss. he's not into it for the art or inovation, at least not as much of the other 3 of the four I mentioned.

rustiswordz
Spielberg is either very good or terribly bad.

Personaly i feel that they did the sequels already with the Thrawn Books.

But if they were goin to do a 7/8/9 then it should be a fresh start, maybe the Origional Characters but focussing on their grown up offspring and new characters dealing with new rising threats.

Again though, from computer games/books/ and so on the expanded universe in my opinion has actually narrowed Lucas/Spielbergs options not widened them.

I know this sounds cheesy but i prefer kyle katarn from the jedi knight games to luke skywalker anyway.

Mist
damn straight rustis!
some of the games out now are set after RotJ so any movies made after RotJ wouldnt be as good if we have all played the games.

mephistodesigns
kyle over luke? in the words of Vincent Vega-"That's a bold statement".
did anyone else notice what a little b**** luke sounded like in Outcast? Were was Mark Hamill? For the love of god, he can be the joker and wolverine (in the X2 game) but he can't reprise the roll that made him a celebrity (if you can call him that, he's about 2 secs from Hollywood Squares at this point, sadly)?

rustiswordz
Luke in 7/8/9 should be very old. aka Obi Wan in ep4: ANH

He should be a guiding character as yoda/obi wan was in the origional trilogy, just a wise guide to propel the charachters along. Besides Mr Hamill is too old to be a 'youthful' Luke any more, he is 54 now!

LOL

Darth Vicious
I just read that the actor that plays Chewbacca is signed for Episodes7-9 which i readhere in Killermovies.com, Does anybody know anything abouth this? I thought GL wasnt gonna make anymore SW movies after EP3!

Fire
hmmm I didn't know I think they should give it a rest

yerssot
you forgot to mention that on his own official site he categorically denies that he signed for any other episodes

LanceWindu
I take this as a very big rumor, but nothing more.

Just some fanboys reading something out of context.

GL has publicly stated that there will be NO more Episodes.

Rebel Racer
yup. lance, is that "currently listneing to" a script, or are you just such a loser that u actually update it manually all the time?

Darth Vicious
I agree, they should give it a rest, tis new trilogy has been what anybody expectedin the sense that it was lacking a lot of the things the first one has!

Gotwa
He's probably a loser and updates it. I myself would like to see 7-9. Or atleast some type of movie based off of the EU, or possibly a series on Thrawn and the Hand of Thrawn. ^^

yerssot
I hope not, the quality is already down with the PT, how low can it go with those than??

LanceWindu
I update it myself.

Hence why it's barely changed.

Fire
No insults guys stick out tongue

Ushgarak
As yerss says...

From TFN:

"Peter Mahyew denies the original report on his official website where says the following according to a news tip from M. Kryger:

Hi, Well, that's very interesting, but no, it's not true about Ep's 7, 8 and 9....don't know where the guy got that one...but yes, I'll be in Ep III for sure.....thanks for the email... and Cheers, Peter"

Sorry folks, no deal.

yerssot
yeah! listen to me from time to time big grin

Darth Vicious
So What u guys are sayingis that KillerMovies site is wrong, which would be sad since this message board ispart of the site1

Peter Mayhew who has been signed on for the third prequel Star Wars: Episode III told British magazine Hotdog some interesting contract info, heres the snippet:
"No wonder Peter "Chewbacca" Mayhew is smiling. Not only has he been rescued from obscurity and given the chance to reprise his role as our Wookiee comrade for Episode III, but his contract also stipulates that he'd be required to appear in Episodes 7, 8, and 9.

Yes folks, seems there are actual whispers at Lucasfilm that the 'sequel' trilogy might be in the works..."

Now this might not mean that theres is sequels planned but just planning ahead if they ever do try to make them

Hers the link were i got it from:

http://www.killermovies.com/s/starwarsepisodeiii/articles/3538.html

yerssot
the forum is run by raz, the site by zed

and yes, the site got it wrong, they post things of every movie, it would be rediculous if they would check on ever thing to see if it's correct or not

Darth Vicious
Well i guess but me as a websmaster wouldntput thingsin aweb page which i didnt collaborate fisrt,just like anewspaper the page loses credibility!

yerssot
a surprise that TFN placed it online? laughing out loud

Fire
well they never said it was true. they said it was a possibility, you know you can not compare KM with a newspaper, if you want to compare it with something take somekind of news agency or a newsroom, they get a lot of possible stories and stuff and select which ones they are going to pursue

Ushgarak
This message board is affiliated with the site, but there is little in the way of a full connection; they are run seperately.

That was a rumour reported by all major sites at the time and since discovered to be false.

The One Part 2
There are quite a few people signed for 7,8, and 9. Lucas isn't stupid. That doesn't mean that the sequels will be made, just that if they are he can get the actors at the current market. I've heard some of the OT actors were signed for additional films just in case.

yerssot
yeah, right, and nathalie will appear in ROTJ like said wink

darth rep
But wait, all you guys are forgetting the the self proclaimed greatest Star Wars fan of all time, Lord Mickey Suttle himself is going to make episodes 7-9 in cooperation with his bestest buddy in the whole world Gearge Lucas. laughing laughing laughing laughing

Darth Jello
ok, i don't know how many times I'm gonna have to say this. THE MOVIES ARE FOCUSSED ON ANAKIN. GEORGE LUCAS SAID SO SEVERAL TIMES. NO ANAKIN. NO VADER. NO MOVIE. PERIOD.

The One Part 2
What does that have to do with anything? You could still have a third trilogy that focuses on Luke and Leia. The sequel trilogy will more than likely not ever be released, but people can dream, can't they?

The One Part 2
No, just that it's cheaper to sign someone to a six picture deal for three films that never get made than to wait and pay the actors much more money. There is normally a time limit, but the actor is still contracted for any future films at the agreed price. The point is that even if the Mayhew story is true, it's just to lock in his salary if the sequels are ever made. It does NOT mean that Lucas is even considering doing another trilogy.

Darth Ninja
I read somewhere (I think it was theForce.net) that GL was talking to Steven Spielberg and that he is reconsidering doing SW Episodes 7, 8 and 9 . . . in addition to doing a SW television series set in between Episode 3 and 4.
wink

Darth Jello
the tv series is true, as is the archival edition by 2007, hopefully. I think the tv series will probably be manned by gennedy tartakovsky

yerssot
that are recent rumors yeah, but I doubt IF it's true that it will be in the form of movies, but rather like they did with the clone wars

andyF1
whydo i have to be well known to post links

im not typing all that again! find site super shadow if u wanna find out more about episdoes 7,8,and 9

andyF1
is this guy also known as super shadow

yerssot
well, andyF1, it's to stop spamming that when you recently signed up you can't post links

and another thing; we try to have a decent discussion about this subject, so please keep rediculous people like mister supershadow out of this, thanks

VengeanceGOD
Ok, here's EVERYTHING TheForce.net has to say about it:

yerssot
you didn't post everything from it, when I read it

but Mark Hamill and Peter (the one that plays chuwie, always forget his last name) stated that there will be NO sequels what so ever, not with them nor with any one else

The One Part 2
THERE WILL BE NO SEQUELS! End of story.

yerssot
I was trying to be subtle, but TOP2 said it nicely smile

VengeanceGOD
That's the news post copied directly and unedited, fool. All Peter has said is that email that's in there, and Hamill has never said one way or another. (How would he know?) No one, in fact, has said there will be NO sequels since this rumor came out.

Remember Yers, you're not always right. wink

yerssot
remember VengeanceGOD, before saying such thing you should do some research

Peter's responce is on his official site
Mark's responce was from an interview he recently did was that he was misinformed about the sequels (at first he said he wanted a cameo in Ep9, now he said it wasn't true)

andyF1
oh yes there will, and he is also remaking the originals

rolling on floor laughing

yerssot
I see you're reading supershadow andy *points and laughs* laughing out loud

andyF1
nobody knows for sure

pointing and laughing shame on u, feel my force point eek!

yerssot
you mean, GL himself saying on numerous occasions that he won't make any new movies or redoing any movies after EpIII ever again isn't good enough?

VengeanceGOD
Actually, George has never flat out said no. He just said that he'll only do them if he feels like it in 20 YEARS.

Which is basically no.

And Yerss, I can't see why you would be against this. I mean, if the sequels were made, it would eradicate the entire EU. smile

yerssot
true, he said that after EpIII he would go do other movies for ten-fifteen years perhaps twenty, and than he's WAY to old to write and direct three new star wars movies

and I'm against it, cause the story is over, it was aboot Anakin and he died in ROTJ, it's done, nothing more to tell

VengeanceGOD
Unless you bring in Anakin Solo. wink

yerssot
why not immediatly get little Ben Skywalker than stick out tongue

Astro12345
you know george lucas may not live long enough to make episodes 7-9. he's already what? 60? maybe somebody else will do them though

yerssot
I highly doubt that someone can touch his little child

VengeanceGOD
You mean Mickey Suttle won't????????!11111

Sorry, that joke never gets old.

Honestly, I don't think you CAN make 7,8 and 9. EVERYONE will hate them. The canon freaks will hate them because they're bitter and cynical and don't think anything's been good since Empire, and the EU freaks will hate it because it erased their entire precious non-canon contradicting series. And anyone in the middle will have completely lost interest.

andyF1
didnt you know, he is going to be cloned laughing

Astro12345
lol

mahoganywoman
The Only way I can see them doing episodes 7,8,9 is they use the vioces of the original main characters and they also use The Final Fantasy Animation cause face it. You can't replace Mark Hamill as Luke, You can't replace Carrie Fisher as Leia a nd their is no way they can replace Harrison Ford as Han Solo or Billy Dee Williams as Lando.

VengeanceGOD
And Harrison will NEVER do it.

Darth Jello
Ok, everyone on this board go and watch Godfather part III,

that's why the sequals should not be made.

LanceWindu
That's why on TV when there is a Godfather marathon, you only hear of 1 & 2 being played, never 3.

Darth Jello
Darth vader/anakin is the Vito Corleone of star wars, without him, there is no movie. Godfather 3 was great as a stand alone (hence the working title of "the death of michael corleone, not "godfather 3} but is absolutely subpar compared to 1 and 2

mahoganywoman
True that Harrison Ford has always made it clear that he would never suit up again as Han Solo. But maybe he could at least do the voice of Han Solo, if George Lucas uses the Final Fantasy Animation. Cause face it, Ford, Hamill, Fisher and Williams are all too old too be suiting up to be the original characters and there is no way you can replace the orignal cast with new actors.

PrehistoricFrog
c'mon,u act like they cant get other actors to play their parts.actors that even look very similar.it can be done

and i know it wont be them,but that's why u have to suspend disbelief.

it's just a movie people.i'm as big a star wars fan as any,but c'mon,its a friggin movie

VengeanceGOD
It's logically possible, but there are WAY too many Hardcore Star Wars fans. The backlash if someone else played Han would be REDICULOUS.

Lyn
Yeah, I can see it now. Scary...

I don't think making the sequel trilogy would be very wise.

mahoganywoman
I know exactly what your saying about it just being a movie, however the original trilogy and the cast are CLASSIC and to even think about replacing other actors in those roles would create backlash from people like me, who have grown up on the original trilogy. Mark Hamill will be forever known as Luke Skyywalker. And there is no way anyone could replace Harrison Ford as Han Solo.

Darth Jello
oh yes, Michael Douglas as Luke, George Carlin as Han, and Bea Arthur as Leia.

Darth Jello
oh god!!! wait, that's not that for off!!! Bea and Carrie are both barritones!!!

Darth Jello
alright so i've had this idea in my head for a sequal trilogy, but better clear it with the fanboys and goils first. The setting is 20 years after the Vong wars. the stars are mostly the grandchildren of luke, leia, han, and mara, along with the secret illegitimate son of Luke Skywalker and Shira Brie. The villains are Durge (for those who hate change) and Everyone's favorite Lightwhip wielding sexy cyborg, Darth Lumiya (for fans of female sith-especially lynn and exotic weaponry).

The plot deals with the final elements of the sith attempting to destroy the newly built and still fragile republic, as the jedi knights deal with a schism between jacen and jaina's teachings. the first scene in the first movie will be leia's funeral.

Pinnacle
Now why would you want to kill off Princess Leia? Isn't it already bad
enough that everybody else on her planet was killed... now you have
to go and get her killed too? sad

I wouldn't be suprised if one day George Lucas does decide to make
Episodes 7-9. So, maybe he said he wouldn't make anymore, but
certain peole said something like that when they made Star Trek III,
and look where they went after that... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darth Jello
cuz, she f&*king old at this point!!!

Pinnacle
Uhm... you could always skip the funeral... a tombstone
would more than suffice to show that she died... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darth Jello
the movie has to start with some major event, it can be a social where people discuss the final stabilization of the galactic allaiance andthe formation of the first republic in 20 years.

Tredoslop
I believe I heard some of this news but more detailed.
I heard that the person who played Chewbacca would be needed IF they ever made Episode 7,8,9.

Pinnacle
I think it would be cool if George Lucas decided to make Episodes
7, 8, & 9 of Star Wars and cast Hilary Duff as the lead female role...
that would be cool! Although all the lead female roles up to this point
have been brunette, and they both kind of look alike. Hilary doesn't look
anything like Natalie or Carrie... oh well, it was a nice thought though... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Pinnacle
hehehe... laughing out loud

What about Mike Myers as Luke, Jim Carey as Han, and Jenifer Love Hewitt as Leia? eek!

Darth Jello
yeah, I don't think Lucas could afford the kind of protection he'd need after making a movie like that. why not have john goodman play chewy while your at it?

Pinnacle
It could be like Casino Royale, the ultimate spoof of the Star Wars
Series. Casino Royale was like the ultimate spoof of the James Bond
Films... this could be George's spoof of his own big film series!

sonofasaiyan
cool I was surfing the net recently when I came across this website supershadow.com which states that GL is developing a new trilogy of Star Wars Films. I'm pretty sure this isnt the first thread concerning this issue. The site also contained summary of the entire plots of Episodes VII - IX. Also it said the Man himself Mark Hamill will be making a cameo appearance in episode 9, which contains an amazing final scene with Hamill as Luke Skywalker and many, many, many, many...(yall get my drift) Jedi. So i started this thread so it could be confirmed or denied or laughed at. eek!

§pearhead
Believe nothing that that crackpot says.

and the point of that attached image is what...?

sonofasaiyan
There is no point Spearhead, I just thinks it looks tight and look @ my name. What's the point of your pic I hope there isn't one.

yerssot
from time to time I think some members just sock to get new supershadow threads here stick out tongue

§pearhead
saiyan: yea, I'm looking at your name, and I've got no idea what it means. You can upload that image as a signature image in your profile.

yers: i hear ya erm

sonofasaiyan
evil face Well not in this case. I'm just trying to confirm these rumors... or am I? Muhahaha!!!!evil face

sonofasaiyan
Well I was trying to be facetious by playing on the phrase son of a ***** while at the time conveying my loyalty to the Dragonball Series so... yea and thanks for the tip, but no-one has answered my question, at least not well.

§pearhead
The question being "A new Trilogy?" What about it? There won't be a new trilogy made into a movie, if thats what the question is.

sonofasaiyan
Well i guess that answers my question and once again, thank you Spearhead.

sonofasaiyan
yea

Sith Master X
Yup, just about everything SS says is a lie.

SMX
cool

Dirty Vader
Damnit! Not another one, how can you believe that guy?

TheVapor
a couple things i found.

1.A website that has preproduction pics of the movie

2. A website listing 19 reasons why Ep. 3 is pointless. Reason 19 was Four Words: coming soon-Ep. 7

3. And another website said that there could be talk at Lucasfilm of the sequel trilogy.

a couple of posts in other of forums have said rumurs lately say Ep. 7 could be possible.

who thinks it could happen

or thinks it wont happen.

and if you find anything about this post it here. smile

VengeanceGOD
Link me to these preproduction pics?

wuTa
well...years ago b4 the 1st prequel i remember people talkin about how lucas was gonna make 3 prequels than 3 sequels but when lucas finally got around to make the prequels he realized that it would be too much work and time to do the 3 sequels

QX100
do you think it will be before, at the time of or after the New Jedi Order books.

VengeanceGOD
See, if it is made, Lucas will most likely through out the entire EU and NJO, because he's Lucas.

Creechuur
I'm not an EU scholar or anything, but I've read most the books and it seems that the future has been pretty much laid out. Are sequels even possible without removing a part of the EU timeline? How far in the future, or post RotJ, would you have to go?

TheVapor
I cant get a link to the page with the pictures because when i do and im about to post my post something comes up and says that i cant post links yet. Can i get one of pics into my posts and if so how.

yerssot
instead of using the quickreply, hit "add reply" in the lower right corner, you'll go to a new page and there you have the option to add attachments

or if the site allows deeplinking (which is bad btw), use the -tags

LordRevan
I think there would be but it will be called StarWars EU (Expanded Universe) I seen The Title in a magazine some where. It Said 15 years after the fall of the Emperor.

TheVapor
The website the pictures are on is:http://homepage.ntlworld.com/alm005/Comments.htm

Ushgarak
As said, the EU would simply be trampled on by any sequel films.

But no, nothing is happening and current policy right now is that it will never happen.

Rogue Jedi
unfortunately, ush is right. there will be no episode 7. but if there was, the NJO would be ideal.

yerssot
dude, that are very crappy cgis if you ask me stick out tongue

LordRevan
I Hate to say after seeing those pictures i believe there will be no Episode 7 sad they seem like a new video game for PC to me

tk-622
I dont even think that those pictures are even for a game, they look like if someone just did it for fun.

Rogue Jedi
could be.

LordRevan
possibly

Maikahyandowen
he's just getting annoying, really. another trilogy would be pointless, especially if it's ANYTHING like the prequels were.

Sith Master X
I wouldn't care for another SW trilogy (even though I love SW more than any other movies) unless it is made by Lucas only.

SMX
cool

Maikahyandowen
Why Lucas? He did a horrible job on the prequels.

DARK ASSASSIN
.............your opinion

Maikahyandowen
fact of life.

Ushgarak
No, ONLY your opinion.

Maikahyandowen
fact! try and prove that the prequels are as good as the OT.

Ushgarak
Don't be damned ludicrous. For a start, the question is not whether they are better, but whether Lucas did a horrible job on them like you have proposed.

You think he did. That is an opinion. Kindly do not state it as a fact which overrides the opinions of others- you have no right to do that.

I hope that is clear.

Maikahyandowen
crystal.
has it actually been confirmed that they're doing another trilogy or is this just a weird rumor going around?

yerssot
rumors of a new trilogy have been around ever since TPM was made and even before that

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>