(please log in to view the image) Ninja Gaiden (please log in to view the image) FanArt (please log in to view the image)DOA 3
Birthdate: June 15th
Blood type: A
Height: 177 cm (DOA1-3)
179 cm (5 ft 10 in)(DOA4)
Weight: 70 kg (DOA1-3)
78 kg (172 lb)(DOA4)
Measurements: B105 W83 H92cm (B41 W33 H36 in)
Fighting Style: Hayabusa style Ninjutsu
Occupation: Curio shop owner
Favorite Food(s): Sushi
Hobbies: mountain climbing, fishing
Ryu has an adept understanding of what is right and wrong, and in his own way is an honorable person, but prefers to keep such facts hidden. In fact, he is quite responsible, but presents an attitude of noninvolvement to the world outside his life. He tries to avoid fighting Jann Lee in the second tournament, and also tries to avoid Ayane in his quest to eliminate the Tengu and Genra. On the other hand, once involved, Hayabusa doesn't hold back, immersing himself fully into the situation. Finally, he is very philosophical on matters concerning the world around him (very much like Gen Fu), and seems to be well beyond in wisdom than his current years would depict.
- Ryu was summoned by Murai, a friend of the Hayabusa clan, who is also plotting to take the Dark Dragon Blade. He summoned Hayabusa in order to distract him while the Greater Fiend Doku attacks his village and grabs hold of the Dark Dragon Blade.
- Ayane is an apprentice/henchman of Murai. I'd also like to note that Murai ninja/martial arts skills are unsurpassed(info can be found in the Ninja Gaiden instruction booklet)
- Ryu fights Doku's army until he finally encounters him for the first time. The pretty face killed by Doku is a childhood friend of Hayabusa who safeguards the gem that, when equipped, unleashes the Dragon Sword's true power.
- Hayabusa is resurrected by the spirit of the Hayabusa ninja clan. Hayabusa means falcon for those who didn't know.
- After the destruction of the Hayabusa clan Doku travels back to tairon city, capital of the Vigoorian Empire.
- Ryu enters a nightclub and encounters this female hunter. Rachel has fiend blood within her. That is why she can carry around that huge hammer capable of slicing that dragon in half with just one blow. You encounter the red dragon fiend a lot of times during the game, and fight more than 3 at the same time.
- Ryu fights the dragon fiends for the first time. Watch how the fiend makes quick work out of the soldier Hayabusa was fighting.
- Even Rachel is impressed by Ryu's strength and comments on his superhuman abilities. She hints Ryu may be more than what he thinks; as she once thought her blood was pure until she saw what Alma, her twin sister, was capable of when she was transformed into a greater fiend by Doku. Ryu says that his strength comes from training.
- The giant tentacle creature swallows Rachel, and it looks like a job for Ryu Hayabusa to defeat the grotesque hentai originated monster and save the princess.
- Ryu finally has his rematch with Doku. This time the greater fiend is wielding the [b]kitetsu[b]. A katana that absorbs souls. During the fight you can see Ryu performing a Nimpo fire blast, and finally beats Doku with the lightning Nimpo.
- After his defeat Doku reveals to Doku that Ryu, and all of the dragon lineage, have fiend blood. Doku announces he will bring the awakening, and that his hatred will not be so easily defeated.
- Murasame tells Ryu the Dragon Sword has potential for unfathomable spirit power, but it lacks the curved jewel carved out of the Dragon's eye . With it in the right hands the True Dragon Sword will prove to be more than a match for the Dark Dragon Blade.
- Yet another fight with a huge fiend capable of using the fire and ice elements. Later Ryu Hayabusa is seen fighting an enormous flaming dragon. Piece of cake for the modern day Super Ninja though.
- The man with the mask is the Dark Disciple, and the guy with the coat is Gamov, the DD's agent.
- Gamov comments that the Dark Dragon Blade once free of it's seal gradually absorbs the chaos of the battlefield in it's vicinity to become an evil blade. It became a weapon of extraordinary power the like of which has never been seen before throughout human history.
No wonder Ryu's ancestors were so careful about keeping it secret.
- Ryu finds the Dragon's eye gem in a grave. If you paid attention this gem was being protected by the asian girl you see killed before Ryu's eyes when Doku raided the village. With the Gem in it's place the Dragon Sword glows lilac with it's released power.
- Haya makes it just in time to witness the fiendish awakening. What is happening here is that Doku is using Rachel's blood to upgrade Alma and make her even more powerful. Even with this new found power Alma is unable to stop Hayabusa with the True Dragon Sword.
- During their fight you can see Ryu dodging pillars being thrown at him and we see yet another example of Nimpo and it's reach.
- Ryu has a 2nd rematch with the spirit of Doku. This time Doku is finished once and for all, but not before Doku curses Ryu by turning him into a fiend like he did Alma.
- After fighting his way up the tower Ryu is transported to the fiend realm. There he battles the Supreme Fiend Gogohn, protector of Vigoor. This guy considers Ryu a puny insect and is capable of summoning fiends at will. Hayabusa kicks them back to hell and then takes care of the protector of Vigoor. Note how Gogohn can fly, and Ryu still handles him even with that disadvantage.
- Finally Ryu meets the Vigoor Emperor himself. Just take a look at how huge the Vigoorian Emperor is.
-We can see another example of the versatility of Ryu's Nimpo. With Nimpo Ryu can levitate an area to bring the fight to the Emperor. Even with the Emperor's inmense power being aumented by the Dark Dragon Blade Ryu prevailed.
- The DD grabs hold of the Dark Dragon Blade.
Watch how the Dark Dragon Blade turns Gamov into nothing after being struck by it. Also note how Murai is transformed thanks to the power of the Dark Dragon Blade. As of this moment Murai has become an unsurpassed in skills devil incarnate.
- The final battle takes place with Ryu finally killing Murai and destroying the Dark Dragon Blade.
Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man
Last edited by Zack Fair on Feb 8th, 2007 at 05:30 PM
This is a direct transcript of the books Ryu finds throughout the game. These books detail the history of creation, Vigoor, the evil deities, the dragons and even the dragon lineage:
1. The Book of Genesis - In the beginning, a great inconsistency flowed out into the nothing; a nothing that was afraid of its own nothingness, a pure terror without color, without sound and without smell. It formed the root of all deification, and eventually it coalesced into the shape of the first Deity, Gurdu. Gurdu gave birth to all elements and provided them with order and function. In a remote area of space from where Gurdu provided order, there existed the territory of chaos formed from elements without shape. This chaos, which had been forgotten during the blessing of Gurdu, existed at first as only an instinctual fear, but eventually the chaos begin to take shape and a consciousness was formed within it.
At first this was just a small curious presence, but eventually grew and became clearer. This marked the appearance of Hatred. The chaotic nature of Hatred further evolved it, bringing it to the level of a Deity. Thus, the ancestor of all Evil Deities, Vigoor, came into being, and the first conflict set into motion.
2. The Book of Evil Deities - The ancestor of all Evil Deities, Vigoor, began to devour the territory of Gurdu, beginning at its center. During endless solar and lunar eclipses, the earth shook and split, the seas dried up only to flood into existence again, and intense winds swept over everything, and fires burned down all of existence ignoring even the concept of time itself. Eventually Gurdu lost his strength, and the world once again plunged into the chaos from which it had come.
Then a great change occurred. During the throes of unending destruction, the body of Gurdu himself split into quarters. Each part became a Deity itself controlling Sentiment, Wisdom, Creation and Immortality. Eventually, they would come together to return shape to the world again, but in their panic-stricken state after their birth, they still had little power.
3. The Book of Dragons - In this age of panic, the Serpent, Deity of Creation was the only one of the Deities to keep some semblance of sanity. The Serpent gave birth to a tiny presence, something that no other being would ever notice... the seeds of life.
These seeds managed to take hold and grow in the storm of chaos and ever so slightly began to evolve, eventually becoming the Thirteen Dragons, whose destinies were to be found in battle. The Dragons waged an endless battle against Vigoor who never ceased in his attempts to bring the world into a chaos of Hatred. Eventually the Dragons were able to banish Vigoor to the very ends of the world.
However, it was in this period that the youngest and lowliest in position of the Dragons, the Dark Dragon, summoned the Hatred with its feelings of inferiority. Due to this betrayal, Vigoor was able to keep from being
4. The Book of the Fiends - The Dark Dragon, now full of evil intent, joined with Vigoor and his spawn of Evil Deities to further capture the territory of Gurdu. This conflict continued throughout the eons of history and during its struggle the first spark of human life appeared in the form of the Ancient Tribes.
Of course, old conflicts never cease, and even in the age of the Ancient
Tribes, the Dragon Lineage and Evil Deities continued their battle for tens of thousands of generations; a struggle that finally ended when members of the Dragon Lineage were able to seal away the Evil Deities and their spawn. However, in that age of chaos, all of the bloodlines of the Ancient Tribes were mixed and the form and nature of the Ancients have been carried on by us, the Fiends.
5. The Book of the Future - The land that the Evil Deity Vigoor once held as his final territory has become this, the land of Vigoor. The treachery of the Dark Dragon also occurred here, and this was where the Ancient Tribes lived. That is why their descendants, us the Fiends, have taken over control of these lands. With this land as a barrier, the power of Vigoor is limited only to this Earth.
Vigoor is the Demon of Destruction and the Deity who creates history; when the decadence of this world has piled up, he will return in a blaze of all-destroying flame and recreate the world. Chaos, like the floods on the banks of a great river, will fulfill this world once again, and we will be the first recipients of this fulfillment. Evolution has and always will begin from here, the land of Vigoor. It has been several hundred years, since the Supreme Fiend Gogohn established what would eventually become the Vigoor Empire here on these lands.
If a new warrior of the Dragon Lineage shall appear, the Holy Emperor shall be infused with the power of the Evil Deities. After seven days, from the unity of His Majesty with the Dark Dragon once again, we Fiends will be blessed with an exquisite harmony.
The books are self explanatory, and they gives great insight to the power of Vigoor.
Dead or Alive
DOA4 Ryu Hayabusa Ending
Ryu Hayabusa and the members of the Mugen Tenshin Clan have waged war on DOATEC for all the injustice it has brought upon the ninjas.
- As you can see Ryu finishes it quick and destroys those vessels with little effort with a combined use of the Dragon Sword & Nimpo. Talk about skill: Ryu casts Nimpo while being airborne and dodging missiles at the same time.
A collage of various Izuna Drops being performed by Ryu Hayabusa. Note how Ryu instantly teleports to catch his opponent in mid-air and then slam him head first on the ground. One of my favorite moves ever.
Thanks for letting me post the respect thread here, Digi. I still don't know why Lana hated on this thread on VGs forum, but women are mysterious like that.
Thanks to Cloud_VII for the pictures.
Will add more stuff later. Hope everyone enjoys it and some might actually get interested in Hayabusa.
Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man
Last edited by Zack Fair on Feb 8th, 2007 at 05:31 PM
No offence but this isn't really a comic book character and shouldn't be posted here.
I know it probably took you a very long time in making this thread, the vids from youtube looks great too. but again it doesn't belong here, especially since your posting vids instead of scans.
Hopefully this would be moved instead of being closed because this thread is actually pretty good.
1. Ryu training before the Dead or Alive 2 tournament begins.
2. We can see Ryu's devotion and dedication to his friend Hayate by protecting his sister, Kasumi. Kasumi is a skilled fighter who managed to defeat Raidou--a rogue ninja with the ability to instantly copy techniques, and defeated Hayate before the first tournament, but not before he copied Hayate's Torn Sky Blast--even she couldn't handle Ryu and was forced to stay out of the tournament.
3. Ryu treats Jann Lee like a pushover, and this guy can KO T-Rexes with just 2 blows.
4. Hayabusa encounters the amnesia influenced "Ein", who happens to be Hayate. Ein was captured by DOATEC and experimented upon until he was filed a failure and was thrown in German forests. Hitomi's father found him and taught him Karate. Hayate being a natural quickly masters Karate and enters DOA2. After their fight Ein remembers who he is, and has no choice but to sit back and let Ryu handle the evil Tengu.
5. Hayabusa finally encounters the being causing the inbalance of good & evil:
Bankotsu(or Gohyakumine Bankotsu-bo) is a tengu who is a criminal in his own dimension, as he murdered Kuramasan Maouson - the leader of their race. Fearing punishment for his crimes and breaking Tengu rules, he escaped into the human world. Considering the hopes and struggles of humanity to be insignificant, he decided to bring about ultimate disaster and calamity, covering the world in chaos.
Ryu kills the evil Tengu and becomes the winner of the Dead or Alive 2 tournament.
Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man
Last edited by Zack Fair on Feb 9th, 2007 at 01:38 AM
Note that the player is a scrub/noob and he doesn't really know how to use Hayabusa...heck he didn't even beat the final boss.
- 01:20 into the movie: Ryu Hayabusa is seen teleporting his way to fight Leon.
- 03:26: Ryu faces Hayate, life long friend and rival, and tells the Mugen Tenshin leader that he cannot overcome Genra. Ayane's foster father turned super-weapon, a Hajinmon ninja using the Mugen Tenshin style(hajinmon is a sub-group of the Mugen Tenshin dedicated to black arts & helping the Mugen Tenshin clan)
Hayate tells Ryu it's him who does not stand a chance of beating Genra, and Ryu asks Hayate since when does he think he has grown more powerful than him. Stating that Ryu is either his equal, or possibly superior.
- 04:30: Ryu waits for Genra, and the super powered being makes his pressence known by destroying the village and engulfing it in flames. Ryu manages to dodge the blast that caused the destruction and then faces Genra.
Suppose the player didn't suck and actually beat Genra; this is Ryu's DOA3 ending:
- Ryu is enjoying his 2 favorite hobbies(fishing & mountain climbing) when all of a sudden he senses a speeding arrow at him. A normal guy would be happy with just dodging the arrow; the Super Ninja has to throw his hat at the arrow, and then grab it with style. I guess it's a requisite for ninjas to be extra stylish.
The letter is a request of the Mugen Tenshin clan for Ryu to help them fight DOATEC. Ryu accepts and burns the letter.
It's one of my favorite games. If you can afford an X-box I highly recommend it. It's gameplay is very addictive, action oriented and the graphics are very good even by today standards. The story is subpar, but it works fine for the type of game it is, and if you get Ninja Gaiden black you get double/triple the replay value. Plus Hayabusa is a cool guy to play as.