KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Respect Ragnaros!

Respect Ragnaros!
Started by: Diamond Kisses

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

Respect Ragnaros!

(please log in to view the image)

The Firelord and his brethren once held sway over the entire world. As a servant of the Old Gods, he fought against the Titans for domination over the planet. The victorious Titans banished him and his brethren to the Elemental Plane - there to remain imprisoned until the end of time.

It was then and there that the brothers turned on each other. For five millennia a battle was fought at the core of this world.

It was during the Elemental Sundering that Ragnaros sought to consume Thunderaan, Prince of Air. Thunderaan fell, utterly defeated. The Firelord feasted upon the essence of Thunderaan, but was unable to consume him entirely.

In the center of a vast lake of fire in the Elemental Plane stands Sulfuron Keep, the home of Ragnaros. Until comparatively recently, he ruled his underground land with a molten iron fist.

Three hundred years ago, the ambitious and ruthless Dark Iron Clan initiated a war against their dwarven brethren, the Bronzebeard Clan and Wildhammer Clan. During this War of the Three Hammers, the Dark Iron Dwarf leader named Thaurissan lay siege to the Wildhammers' capital city of Grim Batol, destroying it. Despite this victory, the united Wildhammers and Bronzebeards were ultimately able to push the Dark Iron dwarves back to Blackrock Mountain. Thaurissan, seeking to summon a supernatural minion that would turn the tide of the war back to his favor, called upon the ancient powers sleeping beneath the world. To Thaurissan's surprise, and ultimately his doom, the creature that emerged was more terrible than any nightmare he could have imagined.

Now, freed by Thaurissan's call, Ragnaros erupted into being once again. Ragnaros' apocalyptic rebirth into Azeroth shattered the Redridge Mountains and created a raging volcano at the center of the devastation. The volcano, known as Blackrock Mountain, was bordered by what is now known as the Searing Gorge, to the north, and the Burning Steppes, to the south. Though Thaurissan was killed by the forces he had unleashed, his surviving Dark Iron Clan brethren were ultimately enslaved by Ragnaros and his elementals. Many Dark Iron dwarves remain within the lower areas of the mountain, especially Blackrock Depths, toiling away at the behest of Ragnaros and the Firelord's lieutenants. They worship Ragnaros, considering him not only a Elemental Lord, but also an Old GodLoC 191,192, although he is only affiliated with the Old Gods. The Bronzebeards and Wildhammers, however, remain free.

Witnessing the horrific devastation and the fires spreading across the southern mountains, the Bronzebeards' King Madoran and Wildhammers' King Khardros halted their armies and hastily turned back towards their kingdoms, unwilling to face the awesome wrath of Ragnaros.

Now he lies at the bottom of that volcano on Azeroth, striving to find a way home, as well as to gather his strength once again so he can burn away Azeroth and take it for his own. Meanwhile, in Sulfuron Keep and elsewhere across the Firelands, his elemental princes battle constantly for dominance.

He and his dwarven minions took control of the Blackrock mountain's volcanic depths and made war on the orcs in the Upper Blackrock Spire, which served as the seat of power for Nefarian the Black Dragon. Ragnaros has uncovered the secret to creating life from stone and plans to build an army of unstoppable golems to aid him in conquering the whole of Blackrock Mountain.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 02:25 PM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

One of the coolest encounters in all of World of Warcraft big grin

He may not be very powerful, but he is cool raver

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 02:29 PM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

he is quite powerful tbh, i mean not in the game but i mean hes a giant firelord with masteries of fire magic so he can be quite a power..

i know when my guild first took him down we were relieved

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 02:30 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

I can imagine big grin

He fought of 40 heroes like nothing angel

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 04:29 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

hmm aye, 40 heroes and we lost to him loads of times, only beat him about 3 times, 3 times outta like 10

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 05:03 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

You did better than my brother stick out tongue

His guild never took Ragnaros down roll eyes (sarcastic)

Every time there was a scream of frustration and agony from his room, I could tell they failed at Ragnaros angel

The scream had a certain touch to it

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 05:04 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

laughing yeh, such frustration when we lost, and in the end blizzard turn around and say..."sorry, but all for nothing....in BC you can get gear much better from the first quests" and all that effort for nothing, although....ime still wearing the leggings from Raggy laughing out loud their still fairly good deep into the Burning crusade so it wasnt too bad

ive left the game now tho until next expansion comes out to take my attension, i find i get bored after ive seen much of the new content

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 05:11 PM
Nozdormu
Time is of the essence

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Diamond Kisses
I can imagine big grin

He fought of 40 heroes like nothing angel

Trust me.. He's way out of their league at his best smile

"You will too eventually be part of my collection"

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 06:11 PM
Nozdormu is currently offline Click here to Send Nozdormu a Private Message Find more posts by Nozdormu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Originally posted by Burning thought
hmm aye, 40 heroes and we lost to him loads of times, only beat him about 3 times, 3 times outta like 10

Then try attacking Illidan ore Archimonde evil face

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 07:05 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

hmm nah i dunno, their 25 man raids so its easier to make sure everyone is doing what their supposed to, when it was big 40 mans, one person mucking about gets us all killed so with 15 less people its a less chance sort of thing and easier to keep hold

but yeh Illidan and Archi are very hard bosses i can imagne, although Nethilium didnt take long to do em

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 07:08 PM
Nozdormu
Time is of the essence

Ragnaros > Archimonde
Ragnaros > Illidan

"You will too eventually be part of my collection"

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 07:34 PM
Nozdormu is currently offline Click here to Send Nozdormu a Private Message Find more posts by Nozdormu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Burning thought
but yeh Illidan and Archi are very hard bosses i can imagne, although Nethilium didnt take long to do em
You mean Nihilum. They are the best PVE guild in the world mate. Rag is cool, post that pic of his showing how much bigger he is than a normal player.

PYRON WOULD WIPE THE FLOOR WITH STORM LULZ!

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 08:07 PM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Violent2Dope
You mean Nihilum. They are the best PVE guild in the world mate. Rag is cool, post that pic of his showing how much bigger he is than a normal player.

i know wink and yeh they are, prob dont have much lives tho, must piss in bottles

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 08:14 PM
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

I read the recruitment rules of one of those top guilds big grin

"Has to be available at least 6-8 hours/day"

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 08:41 PM
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Diamond Kisses
I read the recruitment rules of one of those top guilds big grin

"Has to be available at least 6-8 hours/day"

roll eyes (sarcastic)
That's stupid lol.

PYRON WOULD WIPE THE FLOOR WITH STORM LULZ!

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 09:38 PM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote