KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Sonya Blade

Sonya Blade
Started by: Snafu the Great

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Sonya Blade

Sonya Blade's debut in Mortal Kombat was something of a last-minute idea by Boon and Tobias.

She is also the first female commando to ever grace the screen (Cammy will be second in line, followed by Leona Heidern). Regardless, Sonya is still a fan favorite.

(please log in to view the image)

Sonya's Background

Height: 5' 10"
Weight: 140
Hair: Blond
Eyes: Blue
Family Major Herman Blade, Father; Erica Blade, Mother; Daniel Blade, Twin Brother, (Deceased)
Hometown: Austin, Texas
Fighting Styles: Taekwondo and Kenpo
Signature Weapons: Dual Kali Sticks
Romantic Interest: Johnny Cage (The comics strongly suggest a love interest between her and Johnny Cage, an idea later brought into the games.)
Allies: Liu Kang, Johnny Cage, Jax
Enemies: The Black and Red Dragons (those are number one on her list)
Occupation: Lieutenant in the U.S. Army Special Forces, later a member of the Outerworld Investigation Agency
Portrayed By: Elizabeth Malecki (Mortal Kombat 1 and II); Kerri Hoskins (MK3, Ultimate, Trilogy) Bridgette Wilson (first film); Sandra Hess (second film)
Trivia: Cameron Diaz was slated to play as Sonya in the first film, but bowed out due to a wrist injury.
Sonya's character was inspired by the action star Cynthia Rothrock.
Sonya is the first name of Ed Boon's sister.

Sonya's Bio

Mortal Kombat

Sonya Blade is a member of a top special forces unit. Her team was hot on the trail of Kano's Black Dragon. Her unit followed Kano to an uncharted island, but were ambushed by Shang's personal army. Tsung forced Sonya into the tournament holding comrades hostage. Now, not only does her own life rest on her performance, but those of her companions as well!

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Mortal Kombat 3/Ultimate/Trilogy

Sonya defeats her arch-enemy Kano high atop a skyscraper near Shao Kahn's fortress. She then comes face to face with the emperor himself. In an incredible display of courage, Sonya wins. When the world returns to its normal state, Sonya has no trouble convincing her superiors to form the Outerworld Investigation Agency, devoted to protecting the Earth against possible future invasions from other realms.

Mortal Kombat 4

After her journey into the Outworld and Shao Kahn's near destruction of earth, Sonya becomes a member of Earth's own Outworld Investigation Agency. Her first mission leads her to join Liu Kang on his quest to aid the troubled thunder God, Raiden. She must survive long enough to warn her government of the new menace brought on by Quan Chi.

Ending:

[Sonya is standing with Jarek.]
Sonya: It's over, Jarek, Shinnok is dead. The good guys won. You're coming back with me.
Jarek: Never, Sonya! I agreed to help defeat Shinnok, not turn myself in to the Special Forces! The Black Dragon lives on!
[Jarek walks toward Sonya, she begins backing away from him.
WIDE SHOT AND CRESENDO: They are atop a high cliff with Sonya backed to the edge.]
Sonya: The Black Dragon died with Kano. You're the last one, Jarek.
Jarek: NEVER!
[Jarek charges Sonya, who dodges and Jarek falls over the cliff. Sonya takes out her radio.]
Sonya: Come in, Major Briggs. This is Lt. Sonya Blade, over.
Jax: Sonya, glad to hear you're alive.
Sonya: You actually sound happy to hear from me, Jax. Things got boring?
Jax: Not since you followed Liu Kang into the Netherealm.
Sonya: Well it's over now, I'm returning to base. 10-4 Jax.

Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance

After the destruction of the Deadly Alliance, Sonya searched for the missing Special Forces agent Kenshi. She finally discovered him badly beaten and near death apparently from hook-like wounds in his ribcage. She managed to return him to the rendezvous point where I transported them back to Earthrealm.

Upon her return, Sonya was promoted to General and giver her choice of command. She hand-picked a team to deal with new terrorist threats located on Earth. While in Outworld, Special Agent Kenshi had learned of a new threat to peace. The Red Dragon had awakened.

Mortal Kombat Armageddon

For a long time my objective was to hunt down and eliminate the rogue clans of the criminal underworld. Kano, a member of the Black Dragon, had been a particular thorn in my side. I was close to capturing him, but once I heard about Shang Tsung's Mortal Kombat tournament, protecting Earthrealm from invasion became my sole priority. Once Onaga was stopped, it seemed the threat was eliminated. I could resume my mission against the Black Dragon and Red Dragon clans.

Jax and I came back from Outworld only to find ourselves fighting a different kind of invasion: one from inside our own realm. While we were gone the cybernetic ninja faction known as the Tekunin had grown in number and threatened the stability of civilization. My attention was fixed on this new ninja clan; I was forced to focus all of our resources on defeating them.

The Tekunin leader, Sektor, seemed to have connections with hostile entities from beyond our world, blatantly violating Earthream law. I needed to uncover his plans and stop him. We had one chance: Intel revealed that Sektor was aboard a warship somewhere over the Botan jungle. The Special Forces attacked and brought down the ship. Jax led a ground team to look for survivors, but he's still MIA and, I'm afraid to say, most likely captured by the Tekunin.

For days Jax's cybernetic bio-sensors indicated that he was alive, yet the readings were abnormal. His life signs were stronger, but there were changes in his brainwave patterns. Eventually his signal was lost and we have no way of knowing if he's alive or dead.

We may have crippled the Tekunin, but they will regroup. I need to find out who they were working with from outside Earthrealm. The idea that these rogue groups are conspiring with outside agents is alarming and underlines the importance of eliminating them once and for all. I have to find some way to shut them down.

Ending

As reward for her victory, Blaze offered Sonya any power she desired. Glowing with energy, she turned and faced Kano, who had just reached the top of the pyramid. Her gaze burned into Kano.
With a final scream of agony, Sonya's nemesis exploded in a cloud of ash. A mere glance, and her wish had been granted: Kano lived no more. With this new power, she incinerated the remaining members of the Black Dragon and Red Dragon clans, clearing the way for a new era of peace.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 02:16 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

T.I.T.S

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 03:10 AM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wandering Flame
T.I.T.S

Ask, and you shall receive.

Some of her fatalities:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB3vi7nxLNc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYIsO_aOt68

Old Post Nov 27th, 2008 05:01 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

love them nipples love

Old Post Nov 27th, 2008 08:38 PM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Wow...breasts...God's worst creation ever.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Nov 27th, 2008 09:29 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm pretty sure that title goes to Dark-Jaxx and Mexicans.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2008 09:32 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
I'm pretty sure that title goes to Dark-Jaxx and Mexicans.

I thought they were called God's little abortion that got away? Oh well at least they don't have is bad as black people when it comes to mormon's beliefs lol. Every morning I pray to God for taking this re-vitilgo away from me!

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Nov 27th, 2008 09:40 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Ironic how MK vs DC is the first (and probably the last) game she was ever hawt like this. hoho

Old Post Nov 28th, 2008 02:04 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Originally posted by Sado22
love them nipples love

You know, her top can be torn, then you get to actually see a little more.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2008 05:24 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by SmashBro
You know, her top can be torn, then you get to actually see a little more.

And to think they made the game rated T. Ingenius.. laughing (no, really)

Anyhow..

Compared to the other endings, that one wasn't half bad, I'll admit (as opposed to if they had made the ending to where she killed a Green Lantern and took the ring or something).

Old Post Nov 28th, 2008 06:05 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

... Sub-Zero becomes Batman?

Old Post Nov 28th, 2008 06:09 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
... Sub-Zero becomes Batman?

Yeah. I was pretty weirded out by that myself. A cape just doesn't fit the ice ninja's style for one, and two, why have Batman's gadgets (assuming that's what he became) when he can already freeze people?

Honestly, most of these endings are just.. out of whack. So dumb, they're funny, especially Liu's.

Edit: [/brag]

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Nov 28th, 2008 at 06:27 AM

Old Post Nov 28th, 2008 06:20 AM
Bro SMASH

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
And to think they made the game rated T. Ingenius.. laughing (no, really)

Well most guys will be satisfied and glad that a T rated game would even have this.

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Yeah. I was pretty weirded out by that myself. A cape just doesn't fit the ice ninja's style for one, and two, why have Batman's gadgets (assuming that's what he became) when he can already freeze people?

Honestly, most of these endings are just.. out of whack. So dumb, they're funny, especially Liu's.

I think Liu Kang's ending was kind of cool. I'm just not sure how it'll work though.

Last edited by Bro SMASH on Nov 28th, 2008 at 08:23 PM

Old Post Nov 28th, 2008 08:20 PM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Well most guys will be satisfied and glad that a T rated game would even have this.

Exactly.

I think Liu Kang's ending was kind of cool. I'm just not sure how it'll work though.

Yelling out "MORTAL KOMBAT" instead of "SHAZAM" seems pretty self-explanatory to me, though I guess most of these endings were made just for the lolz (comic book humor if you will), and thus, were not meant to be taken seriously.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2008 11:41 PM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

anyone got pics of the part where her top tears. I WANT T!TS!!! smokin'

Old Post Nov 29th, 2008 06:47 AM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

laughing out loud sick

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 08:12 AM
Joker1237

Wow, they relly did do that in the game? Nipples?

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2009 01:51 AM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

Yep, they did.

It was one of the positive things about "MK vs DC".

Old Post Jan 18th, 2009 09:36 PM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Never thought I'd hear Yoshi say that.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 05:31 PM
Joker1237

Come on, I have not played MK vs DC yet. But I did like the last 7 games.

All the games had there strengths some were, sure some had there flaws, MKD for starters, but they were a gem in there own right.

I think MKII, MKI and MK4 were the best imo.

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 07:31 PM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote